• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video game recommendations.

System Name ALIENWARE R8
Processor INTEL I5 9500 @3.9Ghz
Motherboard ALIENWARE 02XRCM
Cooling ALIENWAR Liqid Cooler
Memory DDR4 16GB @2.8Ghz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GForce RTX 2070 8GB
Storage 512 MB M.2, KINGSTON 480 GB SSD,SEAGATE 3 TB
Display(s) VIZIO E-241 25" TV
Case ALIENWARE R8
Power Supply 850 WATTS
Mouse ROSWILL NEON M60
Keyboard ALIENWARE
Software WIN 10
t's for the HammerheadFX 15-pin game controller.

ahh... ok .. kool

I didnt realize you have to have special cards/soundcards for user interfaces anymore..made the assumption that everything is USB :rolleyes:

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
It's for the HammerheadFX 15-pin game controller.

No, I'd play Double Agent first instead of Conviction because I'm going to be playing Splinter Cell 1-3 and also Double Agent before it. It's like playing the twelfth game in a protagonists series for someone who's only played the first three. Yes Splinter Cell is a series I'm playing by release order. Why should I skip Double Agent and go directly to Conviction? Doesn't make any damned sense.:wtf:
Shouldn't I be playing the first Assassin's Creed game before directly playing the third one? The Saboteur is already a low price. Yes I do want to play Red Dead Redemption but it's still too expensive.
SERIES order is far more important to me compared to just playing them in random order. Exception to that rule is SILENT HILL 3 since it's readily available on PC.
Proud to be a Discphile.:rockout:

EDIT: I don't really care about MetaCritic. According to them I should buy ALL the shitty Halo games in existance and not follow my own gaming preferences!

you don't have to play Double Agent.

http://petethegamer.blogspot.com/2010/10/splinter-cell-double-agent-vs-splinter.html

i'm trying to save you a couple bucks and prioritize, like not play Quantum of Solace over Batman Arkham Asylum lol

I definitely recommend you skip the original Assassin's Creed. you might not want to play the sequels after you finish it. Assassin's Creed II is much better and has a 'recap'

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
System Name 01001
Processor AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz 8-Core
Motherboard ASUS SAPPHIRE 990FX R2.0
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (OS & Software) and WD BLACK SERIES 3TB x6
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
Case COOLER MASTER Cosmos II (Black) ATX Ultra Tower
Audio Device(s) DENON 7.2 Receiver with 4K
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse Steel Series Megafresh
Keyboard Microsoft Ancient POS PS/2
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64 & Windows 10 Pro x64 (Dual Boot)
ahh... ok .. kool

I didnt realize you have to have special cards/soundcards for user interfaces anymore..made the assumption that everything is USB :rolleyes:
I'll also be purchasing the XBOX 360 wired for Windows controller including XPadder so no worries. HammerheadFX is gonna be the secondary controller.

you don't have to play Double Agent.

http://petethegamer.blogspot.com/2010/10/splinter-cell-double-agent-vs-splinter.html

i'm trying to save you a couple bucks and prioritize, like not play Quantum of Solace over Batman Arkham Asylum lol

I definitely recommend you skip the original Assassin's Creed. you might not want to play the sequels after you finish it. Assassin's Creed II is much better and has a 'recap'
I'll still disregard your opinion about not having to play Double Agent in lieu of Conviction first. Yes I am planning on playing each Splinter Cell game in complete release order since I already own physical retail releases of 1-3. Do not attempt to coerce me otherwise since it'll fall on deaf ears.
Take it I should've purchased FABLE III instead of getting FABLE II yet, right?:wtf:

I'd be rebuying Quantum of Solace for 360 and the price is very low for the PC release. No I don't care about "recap" nonsense which is just a buzzkill word to me. Arkham Asylum will first be purchased for 360 THEN PC. Still keeping them sealed if they can't run worth a damn on my HP/Compaq.:rolleyes:
Assassin's Creed 1 for 360 is already dirt cheap so I'll be buying it first then working my way through the series. Yes I'm a very old school gamer.:cool:
No I don't care about Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo, Call of Duty entries which aren't World War II based and the list could go on.
Did anyone even take a look at the image for the games with the green circles on them at all? Would I also have to post a link to my Backloggery?:confused:

EDIT: I also hate Wal-Mart.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
why are you purchasing a title for both platforms? CAG has a good podcast and I have found all kinds of deals there. you will fit right in. yesterday and the day before there was Mass Effect (PC) for $5 and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (PC, XBOX 360, PS3) for $15.98. have you played Dig Dug and Dig Dug 2? if you have and I told you not to play the sequel you would be thanking me. I don't even like the Fable series.

Last edited:
System Name 01001
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
why are you purchasing a title for both platforms? CAG has a good podcast and I have found all kinds of deals there. you will fit right in. yesterday and the day before there was Mass Effect (PC) for $5 and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (PC, XBOX 360, PS3) for $15.98. have you played Dig Dug and Dig Dug 2? if you have and I told you not to play the sequel you would be thanking me. I don't even like the Fable series.
I do not care about podcast, Mass Effect or Dragon Age. I first played Dig Dug as a kid back in the early 1980's. I am 31 and played a very wide range of games.
Why am I purchasing a title for both platforms? Because I can. Explanation is because I'd also like to own them on 360. Of course when I install the PC counterparts on my new computer I'm going to set every graphical setting beyond what the 360 can do. Oh also because so I can play the 360 one now and the PC one later. Problem? Thought not.:cool:
No I don't own an iPhone or a cellphone or any of that retarded overhanded grudgery.
The FABLE series was an example since I've already played the first game. I take it you're not a James Bond fan either? You bet I'll also be buying BLOOD STONE and no I don't have a Wii nor care about GoldenEye Wii.

Last edited:
System Name 01001
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
Okay I don't own Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for XBOX 360 for awhile and own it for PC (have for the past few months). I hate this piece of shit pre-built I have. Can barely even play it on 800x600. Stupid nVidia 8400GS. Well I'm glad I played it on XBOX 360 first since the PC can be heavily used for mods. Also sold BioShock for 360 awhile ago and rebought it for PC. Again fairly much the same "problem".
I'll try them again when the computer is finished. Should I buy titles for PC which won't play on my current computer but will on the one I'm building is finished? Many of them especially the retail/manufacture prices are very reasonable on Amazon.com
Sorry for bumping an old thread of mine everyone.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Mafia II - I didn't think much/anything of it. I could never recommend it.
Metro 2033 - Kind of short and really has no replay value. I really didn't care for it.
Red Dead Redemption - PS3 & Xbox360 only
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - PS3 & Xbox360 only
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - Pass. There is virtually no vehicle modding and free roam is completely pointless. I'd rather buy Test Drive Unlimited (2) than that.
Braid - So-so. The story is impossible to follow but the gameplay is rather interesting. It should also be pretty cheap (I got it in the Humble Indie Bundle).

Two Worlds II is pretty fun but it has little/no replay value. It is most similar to Oblivion in gameplay but it isn't as polished/large/deep. If you liked Oblivion and can get TW2 for cheap, go for it.

Assassins Creed: The first one is completely skipable. The plot was impossible to follow. All you need to know from that game is you played as Altiar and he killed a templer that got hold of an apple. AC2 is the best of the three. ACB is decent. ACB won't be easy to follow without first placing AC2.

Prototype, maybe? Oh, and Hitman Contracts isn't in your list. I liked it a lot. Blood Money is better but only slightly.

I liked The Saboteur. Beat it two or three times. It's about the only WWII centric game I like besides Company of Heroes.

Splinter Cell Convinction really has nothing to do with the games before it except proving that Sam Fisher is a grade-A badass. Little/none of the plot carries over besides some characters which are adequately explained. On second thought, you should probably play Double Agent first. It explains why Fisher is on the run in Conviction. Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory are pretty good games but they aren't required to follow what is going on in Double Agent (except establishing that statement above: Fisher is a badass). The Splinter Cell games require a relatively new graphics card or they won't work/play well.

Fable III is a non-crappy Fable II--at least from what I've heard about Fable II. They're effectively the same thing but Fable III is better executed.

Last edited:
System Name 01001
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
Mafia II - I didn't think much/anything of it. I could never recommend it.
Metro 2033 - Kind of short and really has no replay value. I really didn't care for it.
Red Dead Redemption - PS3 & Xbox360 only
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare - PS3 & Xbox360 only
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - Pass. There is virtually no vehicle modding and free roam is completely pointless. I'd rather buy Test Drive Unlimited (2) than that.
Braid - So-so. The story is impossible to follow but the gameplay is rather interesting. It should also be pretty cheap (I got it in the Humble Indie Bundle).

Two Worlds II is pretty fun but it has little/no replay value. It is most similar to Oblivion in gameplay but it isn't as polished/large/deep. If you liked Oblivion and can get TW2 for cheap, go for it.

Assassins Creed: The first one is completely skipable. The plot was impossible to follow. All you need to know from that game is you played as Altiar and he killed a templer that got hold of an apple. AC2 is the best of the three. ACB is decent. ACB won't be easy to follow without first placing AC2.

Prototype, maybe? Oh, and Hitman Contracts isn't in your list. I liked it a lot. Blood Money is better but only slightly.

I liked The Saboteur. Beat it two or three times. It's about the only WWII centric game I like besides Company of Heroes.

Splinter Cell Convinction really has nothing to do with the games before it except proving that Sam Fisher is a grade-A badass. Little/none of the plot carries over besides some characters which are adequately explained. On second thought, you should probably play Double Agent first. It explains why Fisher is on the run in Conviction. Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory are pretty good games but they aren't required to follow what is going on in Double Agent (except establishing that statement above: Fisher is a badass). The Splinter Cell games require a relatively new graphics card or they won't work/play well.

Fable III is a non-crappy Fable II--at least from what I've heard about Fable II. They're effectively the same thing but Fable III is better executed.

Braid I bought the retail release of last Tuesday. Only a CD-ROM but it's fine.
For the sequels I think it'd be best for me to complete them before playing the next entry. I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to that.
For METRO 2033 I'll buy it for PC but wait until the computer I'm building is finished and install AFTER I have the 6950 2GB flashed to 6970. Shadow of Chernobyl plays quite alright on my current rig, planning to buy the other two and same thing with METRO 2033. Waiting until PC is fully finished.
Oh I'm fully intending to own all the HITMAN games and attempting to go for the Silent Assasin thing for each mission. No running and gunning in it.
Already have the entire GTA series in my Amazon.com wishlist, will be able to play Original and III-series but going to have to wait for IV and Episodes from Liberty City with completely finished PC. Could purchase all now, download tons of mods for all of them and still wait to install the last two when PC is completely finished. Going to use ENB mod for IV/Episodes from Liberty City.
Console exclusives are fine anyway. Games released for console with a PC counterpart most likely will be buying/playing demo of console version first then eventually getting it for PC. Or just playing games at friends houses.
HAWX demo from Steam was fine and was able to play it alright. For $7, why the hell not? Many games I can barely play on my current POS pre-built will have far superior settings capabilities when built PC is completely finished. Gonna aggravate me having all these games and waiting for the PC to be done to fully play them without extremely sluggish framerates.
I can barely play Oblivion right now when a couple months ago it played alright. I hate my current POS pre-built tower and NEVER AGAIN! Still just a few more months and I'll be able to play any current game released in the past few years with the setting as top as I'd like.
Well it's nice for the Games for Windows/Live titles since I already own a PC 360 controller but some others it'd be nice to have XPadder for them.

DEAD RISING 2. Buy it for PC or 360?:confused: Loved DEAD RISING.

EDIT: I'm glad demos are available but my current POS can't even run half of them, except HAWX.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Demos are rarely optimized to the extent a full game is. As such, they're not usually a very good indicator of performance.

System Name 01001
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
Demos are rarely optimized to the extent a full game is. As such, they're not usually a very good indicator of performance.

Okay then I'll stick with both methods I'm using for now if I'm interested in a title. There's also game-debate.com which I've used alot. I'll post anyway when I get the computer finished then updates when I get the 6950 2GB flashed to 6970. THEN there'll be even more questions.
I enjoyed Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit more for the Police chases.
BATMAN: Arkham Asylum. 360 first then PC anyway? I do have the wired 360 controller for PC but if I buy this game for 360 now I'll be immediately able to play it instead of waiting for a few more months. Played the demo on my 360 and yeah, can't wait to buy it.:cool: Goes for many games I own/owned the 360 one but buying it for PC anyway.

System Name 01001
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
I'd like to play halo, WoW, Runescape, pvz etc.:toast:

I don't like Halo, can't stand WoW (I'd much rather have WarCraft IV), never played RuneScape and pvc?:wtf:

My Backloggery is Drag00n2019 and my Amazon Wishlist still has a ton of video game titles. I might be buying more video games with more frequency starting in September after I get my computer finished but usable.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
PvZ is Plants Vs. Zombies. Rather addicting PopCap game that is now on just about every platform.

System Name 01001
Cooling NOCTUA DH-14
Display(s) ASUS 23" IPS
PvZ is Plants Vs. Zombies. Rather addicting PopCap game that is now on just about every platform.

I hope even a platform even a helicopter can land on.:roll: :rolleyes: at my own remark.
Seems fun and a great time killer. Makes me want to play Zombies Ate My Neighbors again.
Anyone know how to get the PlayStation 1 emulator to work? Still attempting to figure it out. Just thought all you needed to do was mount the iso. Fifth generation I didn't own a N64, PlayStation or Sega Saturn. Was just PC gaming.

EDIT: Not sure if I mentioned it but I don't need my HammerheadFX controller anymore since I have a wired XBOX 360 controller for PC. For games which doesn't support it DAMN YOU and thanks XPadder!
Anyone know of a website where I can pick and choose a ton of XPadder profiles for the XBOX 360 wired controller?