• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Video not showing

Hey guys,
I just put together my second comp (rig #2 in sig) and it powers on fine.
The problem is that there is that when I turn on the screen there is nothing on the screen.
It still shows "No video Input on the screen".
I checked if the fan was running on the video card and it was.
I also realized that the DVD drive and the CD RW drive are not opening up when the computer powers on.
The ligh for the CD RW stay on solid and the DVD one doesnt turn on at all.
All the fans are running and the motherboard has the right lights on.
Everything is hooked up correctly to the PSU.

On the Abit KN8 SLI motherboard there is an extra 4 molex pin connector on the bottom of the board for extra power. Should I connect that?
What else could be the problem (prob. could be either the mobo, video card, PSU)?

Processor C2D E7600
Motherboard GA EG41M ES2L
Memory 2GB ADATA 800MHZ
Video Card(s) ASUS HD4350
Storage OCZ VERTEX TURBO 32GB + 2 MORE..
Display(s) SM226BW
Audio Device(s) 7.1 HD / X-540
Software 7X86 ULT
for start try connecting that 4-pin cable and see.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
If you didn't fry the traces in the PCB.

I had a guy do that once. Intel 3.4, it would actually boot and run with the 4 pin not connected. But only for a week. He didn't want me to build his system and charge my $100 flat rate for assembly.

Umm it would be great if you could explain a little more about that Stevo.
The 3 pin is recommended, but it was stated that it would not mess anything up for the computer.

All of these parts are new and were gentally handled.
Everything was grounded and the construction was on a wooden table with me on a wooden floor.
I made sure there was no static so nothing would short out.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.

Are you talking about the 4 pin power connector like the one shown in the pic here?

If so, yes that one needs to be connected as it provides supplimental power to the CPU as 80 watts through a thin gold trace will cause it to burn out, and or the CPU to malfunction from low power, and or the system to not boot.

If you are talking about the supplimental power molex that can be used for fans-lights-whatever then no.

Or it is possible that you are talking about a 4 pin connector that is byt the power-reset-HDD-etc set, and if the compy turns on then no I doubt it needs to be connected.

However you should start by unplugging everything but what is needed and try booting.
Or everything but the CPU as it should give a RAM error beep set. Then try a stick of RAM that shouold cause a Video error beep set. Then your HDD, etc...

And make sure that you don't have a LED pluged into the reset pins. Seen that before.

It is a supplemental power connection (4 pin molex connection).
I will try some things on Wen. to try to see what it wrong.

I think I figured out the DVD and CD problem. I never set the switch on them for master and slave (got a little sloppy). I will set the switches and check if they work correctly... Also I will try to test the X800 in my other rig with the 7800gt. I never had to remove a video card before so do I unistall the drivers after I removed the video card or before?
Thanks again.