• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ViewSonic Ships All-in-One PC, First Model of Computer Initiative

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
ViewSonic Corp., a leading global provider of visual display and computing products, today announced the commercial availability of its VPC100 All-in-One PC at an MSRP of $599. With 20 years of display experience as a leader in desktop technology and partnerships with computing market leaders, high quality computing products are a natural extension of ViewSonic's product offering. With its slim design (35mm thin), ease-of-use, eco-friendly design and affordability, the VPC100 is ideal for every lifestyle - from home and office settings, to call centers, libraries, school computer labs and any location where space is limited.

"When people talk about office clutter, it's not just about paperwork. Traditional computing solutions can be expensive, unattractive and take up an entire desk," said Jeff Volpe, vice president and general manager of ViewSonic North America. "We designed the VPC100 to overcome that 'computer clutter' problem with one cable ease and a clean, All-in-One design. We're excited to bring this product to market in the US and give our channel partners and customers a solution that further merges technology and lifestyle."

A built-in Intel Atom 1.64GHz processor with Microsoft Windows XP Home provides a powerful desktop computing solution. The 18.5-inch display features a 16:9 aspect ratio LCD screen so users can experience razor-sharp images in crisp detail. Keeping eco-friendly by offering one unit instead of two (a monitor and a tower PC), the VPC100 All-in-One uses about 50% less plastic for reduced waste. Additionally, the device requires about 45% less power than a traditional computing set so users save resources and get a better ROI. Additional features include:
  • Four high-speed USB 2.0 ports for connections to peripherals
  • DVD/CD Super Multi RW optical disk drive
  • A 4-in-1 card reader for file transfers
  • Wireless connectivity within any 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi network
  • LAN network integration through the 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN connection
  • An integrated 1.3-megapixel webcam for enhanced interaction with friends and co-workers
  • Two built-in 2.5-watt speakers
  • Full size keyboard and optical mouse included

The VPC100 is backed up with an extended one-year limited warranty, as well as 24/7 customer support to ensure buyer satisfaction. Additional purchase details, specs and a video introduction can be found here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Fractality 1.0
Processor Intel Core i7-860 @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard EVGA P55 SLI
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems and four Fractal Design 120mm fans, sleeved
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper RAM
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce 580 XLR8
Storage 64GB and 180GB SSDs / 1TB and 2TB HDDs
Display(s) 24" Acer V243W
Case Fractal Design Define R2, sleeved all I/O cables
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750W modular, sadly only stock sleeving
Software Win 7 64bit
That is a computer in there? Holy crap.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'd gladly take a thicker case, if it meant keeping the front nice and trim. The less bezel the better IMO.

... unless they want to incorporate a small LCD or two in that space. Then I would be *highly* interested.

I love it, i figured it would have started more when apple did those monitor style systems. As far as size and style, it can only get better...

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Agree. Too much bezel. They should have made it deeper, and improved the quality of the speakers, and made the visual footprint smaller.

Why make something SO THIN, yet needs a big "foot" to balance it, and needs so much blank space to incorporate a flat-speaker system. At least they remebered a VESA mounting system.

But, IMO, it is a BAD DESIGN.

An Atom 2xx or Zxx is underpowered for a desktop replacement. It is not suitable for "office settings, to call centers, libraries, school computer labs". An Atom 330 might have *just* survived, but a single core Atom? No. The power/performance is like going back to Pentium 3/early pentium 4 days. We dont want that. And GPU? No mention of what it is running.

They've really built this on the cheap, hoping for a few lucky sales, rather than saying, HEY, let's do a great machine here. Really attractive to the corporate/public workplace.

I think I'd rather go with a Dell or iMac. OOOHHH SHOCK HORROR!

falkoner79

Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz@3ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
Memory ddr400 1536mb
Video Card(s) GeForce FX5500
Storage SAMSUNG SP0612N 60GB, WD1200BB 120GB, Maxtor 6Y120L0 122.9GB
Display(s) CRT LG Studioworks 900B
Audio Device(s) M-AUDIO Delta Audiophile 2496
Power Supply Antec 400w
Software Windows XP pro SP3
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Still like the MSI model better because of the touchscreen, but this is very, very nice looking, too.

Agree. Too much bezel. They should have made it deeper, and improved the quality of the speakers, and made the visual footprint smaller.

Why make something SO THIN, yet needs a big "foot" to balance it, and needs so much blank space to incorporate a flat-speaker system. At least they remebered a VESA mounting system.

But, IMO, it is a BAD DESIGN.

An Atom 2xx or Zxx is underpowered for a desktop replacement. It is not suitable for "office settings, to call centers, libraries, school computer labs". An Atom 330 might have *just* survived, but a single core Atom? No. The power/performance is like going back to Pentium 3/early pentium 4 days. We dont want that. And GPU? No mention of what it is running.

They've really built this on the cheap, hoping for a few lucky sales, rather than saying, HEY, let's do a great machine here. Really attractive to the corporate/public workplace.

I think I'd rather go with a Dell or iMac. OOOHHH SHOCK HORROR!

And you're saying a Single core atom isnt enough for office apps? I'm running something slower on my EEE as a desktop replacement and I dont have any trouble running any typical office apps. Imho you guys are way too picky in terms of features; its only the bezel. If the bezel turns you off from buying something then you guys seriously have problems.

In an office setting people dont play COD4 ya know?

System Name 2nd AMD puppy
Processor FX-8350 vishera
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX2
Memory 16 Gb DDR3:8GB Kingston HyperX Beast + 8Gb G.Skill Sniper(by courtesy of tabascosauz &TPU)
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+;1450/2000 Mhz
Storage SSD :840 pro 128 Gb;Iridium pro 240Gb ; HDD 2xWD-1Tb
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z 144 Hz freesync
Case NZXT 820 PHANTOM
Audio Device(s) Audigy SE with Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Riotoro Enigma G2 850W
Mouse Razer copperhead / Gamdias zeus (by courtesy of sneekypeet & TPU)
Keyboard MS Sidewinder x4
Software win10 64bit ltsc
Benchmark Scores irrelevant for me