• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Visiontek Theater 550 Pro card kills my system...

Shadowhawk

Ok, fresh after getting one monster issue resolved, here's another one. Same system, so see my other posts for specs; tried to install a Visiontek ATI Theater 550 Pro TV card over the weekend, no soap. I've verified the card is good in another PC (after taking one back to the store on recommendation of Visiontek tech support). What I get is this: I install the card, start up - no video, no post. I can hear the drives spin but Windows never boots. Shut down the system, remove the card, reboot. System posts, video works, BIOS reports "System reset due to overclock - check your settings in BIOS and reboot", which baffles me, because I check the BIOS settings and all the settings are correct, meaning the PCI card caused the system to overclock... try again disabling various settings, disabling hardware to conserve power (in case I'm pushing my power supply, though at 420W I should be golden)... rinse and repeat ad infinitum. Visiontex says "We've never had this happen before, update your bios and chipset drivers" - well there's no new bios for my board that I can find at Biostar's websites, and I'm using the latest Hyperion 4 in 1 driver. :confused: anyone?