• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VIZIO Thin+Light Series Premium PCs Launched

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
VIZIO, America's #1 LCD HDTV Company*, announced today the availability of its highly anticipated line of innovative personal computers designed to work hard and play hard. By combining its entertainment know-how with the unmatched power of the latest Intel Core processors, VIZIO intends to set a new standard for the Windows experience. The premium line, which consists of the VIZIO Thin + Light, Notebook and All-in-One PC, was created to break through the clutter present in the mainstream market and prove that power, design and entertainment can flawlessly co-exist in a PC.

Similar to its entrance into the HDTV category nearly a decade ago, VIZIO took careful inventory of the needs and wants evident in the PC space. The result is a sophisticatedly handsome PC line that meets the productivity and power standards consumers expect, while delivering the entertainment and design differentiators they desire. Calling on its HDTV background, VIZIO developed the PCs with contrast, image quality and viewing angles top of mind, giving PC users an experience only HDTVs could previously deliver. Combined with an NVIDIA Kepler-Class GeForce GPU, the brilliant HD display of the VIZIO PCs makes watching movies, gaming and streaming TV shows more enjoyable than ever. Deep and resonate SRS Premium Sound HD serves as an ideal complement to stunning image quality but can also stand alone, allowing music junkies to immerse themselves in rich, custom-tuned audio.

Understanding the impact aesthetics have on experience, VIZIO also focused heavily on design. Manifested beyond a few sleek bevels, VIZIO's purposeful design decisions and premium materials culminate in a line of PCs that rival the status-quo. From the die-cast aluminum neck with its hidden hinge, premium wireless keyboard and wireless touchpad of the All-in-One, to the anodized aluminum unibody construction with precision CNC detailing of the Thin + Light and Notebook, VIZIO took every detail into account, creating top-quality work and entertainment fixtures like no other.

"PCs haven't always been made with design at the forefront. While customers want an elegant, multi-purpose device capable of executing tasks and flawlessly delivering entertainment, some PCs still look like mundane work machines," said Matt McRae, Chief Technology Officer, VIZIO. "VIZIO is passionate about innovation, design and the user experience. We listened to consumers and created a line of PCs that deliver on productivity but are also uncompromisingly clean, stylish and sophisticated."

Optimized to deliver power, mobility and familiar ease of use, VIZIO PCs ensure a fast and immersive best-in-class consumer experience. To that end, VIZIO and Microsoft worked together to build an optimized system image that includes the Microsoft Signature experience for Windows 7 PCs to deliver a great experience for customers, from out of box to support. Every VIZIO PC also includes Microsoft Security Essentials to help guard against viruses and spyware with no renewal fees and 90 days of Microsoft technical support.

"We're pleased to be working closely with VIZIO as it debuts in the PC category," said Steven Guggenheimer, CVP OEM Division, Microsoft. "VIZIO has a strong reputation of providing consumer innovation and entertainment experiences, and it's great to see the company using Windows to help deliver premium experiences on PCs."

Designed to tackle any task a user needs to accomplish, VIZIO PCs are powered by 3rd generation Intel Core processors. Providing an extra performance boost, the efficient Intel Core processors are capable of handling a multitude of jobs, allowing users to multi-task with ease.

"We know how important it is for VIZIO to have its PCs deliver best in class performance," said CJ Bruno, Intel VP, GM Americas. "VIZIO has repeatedly shown its ability to deliver leading technology to its customers and we are thrilled that 3rd generation Intel core processors will power VIZIO's latest computing innovations. We think people will be amazed by the stunning visual experiences in these new systems, from the beautiful all-in-one to the slim, stylish and responsive Ultrabook device."

VIZIO All-in-One: Starting at $898
Elegantly combining a powerful PC with features similar to a television, the VIZIO All-in-One PC offers an unparalleled entertainment experience**. With a stunning 24" or 27" Full HD 1080p display, included subwoofer for 2.1 surround sound audio with SRS Premium Sound HD and dual HDMI inputs for connecting cable boxes and game consoles, the VIZIO All-in-One PC delivers serious entertainment.

The premium wireless keyboard, wireless touchpad with multi-touch gesture support, remote control and subwoofer with integrated power supply makes the VIZIO All-in-One PC easy on the eyes. Crafted from genuine, top-quality materials with design advancements, these machines challenge the very notion of what a PC can be, making it the ideal fixture in a bedroom, design studio, kitchen, dorm or swanky boutique.

For the ultimate in entertainment, consumers can use the display of their VIZIO All-in-One PC even when the computer is off, plugging in up to two HDMI sources to enjoy cable or satellite programming, gaming and other HD offerings.

VIZIO Notebook: Starting at $898
The VIZIO Notebook delivers remarkable power in a beautifully portable profile. Stylish and light, the aluminum construction provides solid durability not possible when using cheaper plastics. With an impressive 15.6" Full HD 1080p display, performance-tuned audio with SRS Premium Sound HD and a long-lasting battery, the VIZIO Notebook is an all-day, on-the-go, multimedia powerhouse.

The sleek, seamless surface of the VIZIO Notebook boasts beveled edges and a slip-free, soft-touch underside. The machine's slim profile is made possible by an anodized aluminum unibody construction that lends itself to strength and durability. Smart innovations include a concealed passive heat venting that pulls in cool air to reduce the need for bulky, noisy and unnecessary grills and fans.

VIZIO Thin + Light: Starting at $898
Part of a new class of Ultrabook devices inspired by Intel, the VIZIO Thin + Light is an ultra-responsive, ultra-sleek and long-lasting portable PC. This powerful machine boots up in seconds and packs enough battery to stay up and running all day.

With a 14" HD+ or 15.6" Full HD display and a razor-thin design made possible by a durable, anodized aluminum unibody construction, the VIZIO Thin + Light is sleek enough to take anywhere and easily outperforms notebooks twice its size.

Entertainment enthusiasts will appreciate the HD resolution, stellar picture quality with wider viewing angles and SRS Premium Sound HD of the Thin + Light, allowing users to enjoy their content on-the-go or tap into the full-size HDMI outputs to put entertainment on the big screen.

For more information on VIZIO PCs visit VIZIO.com. Consumers can also find the new PC line at key retailers such as Walmart, Amazon.com, Sam's Club, Costco, Target and Microsoft Store.

*IHS iSuppli Corporation Research Q2 2012 Market Tracker Report of Q1 2012.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Apple rip off much??

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> ... nope still the same :'(
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
That could be a winner. Someone other than Sony needed to replicate the success of Apple.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
^^ Completely agree... lets just hope that they don't cheap out on the screen and keyboard. A better copy would be nice for once.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
Apple rip off much??

just like apple ripped off ibm right? that is the direction the technology is heading and has been for awhile. apple noticed first but does that mean they should have the right to stop anyone else from innovating in the same area? i don't think it should.

System Name Quiet Gaming PC v5
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2 (rev. 1.2)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE Rev. C
Memory 2x16GB TeamGroup Vulcan Z Red DDR4-3600 CL18
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT 309 RX 6700 XT
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe // TeamGroup MP34 4TB NVMe // Crucial MX100 512GB
Display(s) MSI G27CQ4 E2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard MKPlus Slayer M3 RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro
Apple rip off much??

Rip off? There's only so many ways you can design a notebook, especially a thin & light one. So I seriously hope you're just trolling because no one can be that dumb.

jrs3000

These would've been so much better if they went with AMD and knocked 200 off the price. All the models retail at $898 according to other sites without discrete graphics option. A a10-4600m in these for $698 would pwn.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
That monitor stand looks wobbly I hope that little rod is strong.

I have 4 Vizio TV's in my home and they all look great and were at a good price, lets hope they continued their quality.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Rip off? There's only so many ways you can design a notebook, especially a thin & light one. So I seriously hope you're just trolling because no one can be that dumb.

you are getting rather ahead of yourself calling me dumb & a troll as youre the only one here that seems to have totally missed the reference.

I was not questioning the overall design, but the colours they used are pretty much identical to apple which makes it look like some of their products...

Macbook Pro

iMac (AIO)

I could also say they are using the same type of keyboard as Mac's do but then everyone does that so that doesnt really matter.

naoan

System Name AMD?
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software 7 X64
You might be right for the notebook, but I don't see it with the AIO, expect the color.

...what? did Apple patented black and silver color yesterday?

System Name [H]arbringer
Processor 4x 61XX ES @3.5Ghz (48cores)
Motherboard SM GL
Cooling 3x xspc rx360, rx240, 4x DT G34 snipers, D5 pump.
Memory 16x gskill DDR3 1600 cas6 2gb
Video Card(s) blah bigadv folder no gfx needed
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Case Xigmatek Elysium (whats left of it)
Audio Device(s) yawn
Power Supply Antec 1200w HCP
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
no...Troll is quite apt...
Please find me a monitor that doesn't have a black bevel.
And while your at it take a look at all of the PC laptops with Al chassis.
You will find a similar Darker AL like on these.
Shiite bling is left to apple for squirrels and other things that are attracted to them...

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

HP Compaq LE1711

BenQ RL2240H

Acer Aspire G24

And while your at it take a look at all of the PC laptops with AL chassis.
You will find a similar Darker AL like on these.
Shiite bling is left to apple for squirrels and other things that are attracted to them...

cant find anything on AL chassis's either you are spelling it wrong or theres no such thing.

Anything else i can help you with?

System Name [H]arbringer
Motherboard SM GL
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Audio Device(s) yawn
Software Ubuntu 10.10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1780855 http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2158678 http://ww
Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Funny how none of those are the laptop monitors you said they copied

that wasnt the question you asked...

-----

It does actually (sorry im not great with abreviations - and you were quite vague.) i thought you were refering to either a company called AL that made laptop chassis's or ALL laptops.

Ever heard of Anodized Aluminium? they can come in different colours too.

Like i said, Im not saying anything about the design of the laptop but more to do with the colours used

System Name [H]arbringer
Motherboard SM GL
Storage 32GB Sammy SSD
Display(s) headless
Audio Device(s) yawn
Software Ubuntu 10.10
that wasnt the question you asked...
It was against what you were comparing... I was staying in your own logic stream... anyhow.

Black bevels are all but standard on laptops as to make the screen look as large and bright as possible. A somewhat "cheating" way to have the bevel look smaller than it is but what the heck it looks good and it does its job.
I mentioned Al chassis laptops for a reason...
Tablet PC's are the common exception as they need a stronger frame around the screen for flipping it around.

Then there is sony....who likes bling.... idk... ick.
net books = platicy...
And LCD's sold in Japan and China... spin the color wheel... (I realize that Acer is part of the predator series or w/e ....but ick....)
It does actually (sorry im not great with abreviations - and you were quite vague.) i thought you were refering to either a company called AL that made laptop chassis's or ALL laptops.
Generic was the point... as every major vendor has Al skinned laptops...well lenovo probably doesn't but you get the point.
Looking at the pro series and black bevel.
Ever heard of Anodized Aluminium? they can come in different colours too.
Like i said, Im not saying anything about the design of the laptop but more to do with the colours used

Right...and I am saying they are using a darker color...
Mac has the bright glow that hurts the eyes... everyone else has the Al Chassis without the eyesore nature... though I still would prefer a few shades darker on these...closer to the video. but hey I am a gunmetal grey kinda guy.

I suppose I should say Al Skined chassis... as many use magnesium or composite for the internal chassis... but oh well.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003

I gather all this bickering is important?

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Apple rip off much??

Sorry, but I'm not seeing the resemblance. The keyboards are completely different, the screens from what I've seen are matte (or at least not completely glossy, as far as the laptops are concerned) except for the AIO which is definitely a glossy panel. Even the AIO doesn't have that lip-design of the iMac. The aluminum they use looks sand-blasted or something. I remember when I first saw these I thought the entire thing was made out of plastic, it does not share the same look (or feel from what I've read) of Apple's products. I don't even know how you could see a resemblance. Now the Zenbook I could see. This? It looks nothing alike.

------------------------

Now as far as being on topic, I like the fact that they not only have 0 stickers (just an embossed Windows logo UNDERNEATH the device) but they also have a completely clean Windows installation (Signature installation, specifically). No bloatware what-so-ever. And given that, I'm a little surprised at just how respectable the prices are since they have no bloatware financing coming in to reduce the costs. My sights were set pretty hard on the new 13" Zenbook Prime with that fantastic IPS panel it has but if that 14" notebook has some good reviews, I might take a serious look at that instead.

System Name ---
Processor Ryzen 1600
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X370
Cooling Noctua D15
Memory G.Skill 3200 DDR4 2x8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 TI SC
Storage 500GB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe + 860 Evo 2TB SSD + 5x 2TB HDDs
Display(s) LG CX 65"
Case Phanteks P600S (white)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (white)
I want to see some screen specs.

System Name CUBE_NXT
Processor i9 12900K @ 5.0Ghz all P-cores with E-cores enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling EK AIO Elite Cooler w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Memory 64GB DDR5 @ 5600Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090Ti Ultra Hybrid Gaming w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Storage 1 x SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, 1 x 2TB, 1 x WD_BLACK SN850 2TB, 1 x WD_RED SN700 4TB
Display(s) Alienware AW3418DW
Case Lian-Li O11 Dynamic Evo w/ 3 Phanteks T30 fans
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 1000W Titanium
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
D

Deleted member 67555

The only reason VIZIO is popular (and how it it became popular) is that it is a good product at a cheap price...

Nobody buys expensive VIZIO....

VIZIO just isn't a high priced name....and they don't have the quality to have a high price tag....

In other words....This is a fail...

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
The only reason VIZIO is popular (and how it it became popular) is that it is a good product at a cheap price...

Nobody buys expensive VIZIO....

VIZIO just isn't a high priced name....and they don't have the quality to have a high price tag....

In other words....This is a fail...

I own 1 Sony32" Plasma, 1 Insignia 19"LCD, 1 Phillips 19"LCD, 1 Lg 22"LCD, 1 Samsung 40"LCD, 4 Vizio LCD 32", 37"120HZ 47"120HZ 47" and by far all of the Vizio's look better and they have great menus and TV guide that is awesome.

I would say the 120Hz ones are the fancy Vizio's

System Name Server
Processor AMD Phenom 9950BE @ 3.3Ghz
Motherboard ASUS M3A78-EM+
Cooling Apogee GT Waterblock on Thermaltake Rhythm
Memory CRUCIAL Ballistix Tracer PC2-6400 4X1GB
Video Card(s) ASUS EN9600GT Silent
Storage OCZ Vertex2 60GB SSD / 3X 1TB WD Caviar Green
Display(s) 2X APPLE CINEMA DISPLAY 20"
Case Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BWS
Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
Software WINDOWS 7 x64 Ultimate
System Name ---
Processor Ryzen 1600
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X370
Cooling Noctua D15
Memory G.Skill 3200 DDR4 2x8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 TI SC
Storage 500GB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe + 860 Evo 2TB SSD + 5x 2TB HDDs
Display(s) LG CX 65"
Case Phanteks P600S (white)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (white)
They got pretty close to something I wanted with these. Apparently the viewing angle of the 14" is "meh" and doesn't use an anti-glare coating, just glossy. I could've lived with 1600x900 resolution, but not like that.