• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

VR VCC THERMAL Sensor problem in Asus X550JK

flashman7777

I have a situation about my laptop's Processor (i5 4200H) . I didn't have any temperature problem ever. I'm always repasting my thermal paste. But for two or three years my processor's clock speed is in the first opening stucking at 0.8 ghz. I solved this with ThrottleStop, turning off BD Prochot, BD Prochot is always working, but don't have any warming problem. Anyway i noticed in the Hwinfo64 VR VCC Temperature is stucked at 166 Celsius and this is not changing, never, therefore my TurboBoost is not working too. What can i do about this, is any way to fix it without technical support?
asdasd.png
asdwqdqwd.png

Last edited:

clarc21

You should not have used the thermal paste that much. What it will do is spread over the chip which will not help lowering the temp. Initially you will see it working nicely. But after some days the paste which is not in contact with the heatsink and cpu glass plate will create an isolation which will prevent the conduction of heat. also the air gaps would create problems. In short , My tip would be just apply a drop of paste(about the size of a wheat/rice grain) and let it naturally spread. ( btw i have used deepcool z5, arctic mx-4 and arctic silver, I would say arctic silver does not dry that quick so for long term its good.) (also clean up the old paste remains, the CPU & GPU should be free from any old residue.)

snaptube telegram web

Last edited: