• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Want to buy my X800 GT? Good overclocker (tested myself)

ShadowFlare

Processor Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz, max 2.6 GHz with Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Motherboard EpoX 9NPA+Ultra nForce4 Ultra with Zalman ZM-NB47J
Cooling All Zalman heatsinks (CNPS7000B-AlCu, ZM-NB47J, VF700-Cu)
Memory 1 GB (2x512 MB) DDR400 Corsair XMS C2 series, max 233 MHz @ 2-3-2-9 1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256 MB PCIe max 540/600, modded to 16 pipes
Storage Seagate 80GB SATA, Maxtor 160GB PATA, Maxtor 200GB PATA
Display(s) Dell 17" Trinitron CRT
Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek chip
Power Supply Enermax Noisetaker EG495AX-VE, 485 watts, active PFC
Software Windows XP Pro SP2, Windows XP Pro x64, Windows Vista RC1 32-bit
I don't see any rules against this kind of topic, so is it OK?

Anyway, back to the topic. I have a Powercolor X800 GT 256 MB PCIe card I want to sell sometime within the next 1-2 days (before the post office closes on Saturday). If I don't sell it within that time period, I'm going to immediately return it for a refund. I will ship anywhere you want it to go, so if you live in Europe, you can still buy it from me. ;) The price I'll be selling it for is $160 (US dollars) and I'll accept payment through PayPal at blakflare at gmail dot com. If you are not sure whether you can trust me or not, see my eBay feedback, 100% positives: My eBay Feedback If you have an eBay account, you can even send me a message to me through there to confirm that it is my eBay account and I'll respond back. Besides my eBay feedback rating, I can assure you that if I ended up not sending the video card to you and just took your money, I'd feel guilty about it until I did send it. ;)

If no one wants it at $160, I will take lower than that, but no less than $140. If your offer is any less than that, then it's not worth it to me to sell it to you. If more than one person wants it, I'll sell it to whoever offers the most for it. :) Don't make an offer for it if you aren't serious about it. If I get an offer for it and end up not getting payment when I've waited for the payment, it will end up being too late for me to return it for a refund.

Information about the video card and what comes with it:

X800 GT with R480 core
256 MB 1.6 ns Samsung memory - rated for 600 MHz clock speed (I've read some have the 2.0 ns memory, but I've confirmed this particular card to have the 1.6 ns variety)
Dual DVI
Composite video adaptor and cable
S-Video cable
DVI -> VGA adaptor
Driver disc
CD with several CyberLink programs, including PowerDVD and programs for video editing and DVD authoring
Pacific Fighters game
Quick install guide
Original retail box

If you need pictures of it, I can post some tomorrow.

Overclocking and benchmarking:

In 3dmark05 at stock speeds it gets 3935 on my system (specs in signature).

The max stable overclock I've achieved with stock cooling is 560 MHz for the core and 526 MHz for the memory. At those speeds, it got a 3dmark05 score of 4504.

While that is the max stable overclock I've achieved, I can tell it could go higher with better cooling. It has no ramsinks or ram heatspreaders, so the memory chips get quite hot. Plus, the combination of motherboard and case I got doesn't seem to get very good airflow to the video card. Even considering that, it can go all the way up to 576 MHz core and 555 MHz memory with very few artifacts; so few and minor that I have to use ATI Tool to detect them, I can't detect them visually. With good cooling, those artifacts could likely be eliminated and a very good overclock would likely be achievable. At those speeds, it got a 3dmark05 score of 4750. I've estimated that with an even better overclock, it would reach a score of 5000 or higher.

If you want this card, just give me an offer. When I decide who gets it, I will expect a PayPal payment as soon as possible for the amount without shipping (basically like a down payment on it, so I know you are serious about it). After I find out the shipping amount, I'll tell you so that you can pay me the rest. If you live in the USA, you can expect the shipping amount to be around 6-8 dollars.

I've also posted this on topics on other forums, so make sure you check for any offered prices there before posting one here.
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1333940901
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=45&threadid=1702167&enterthread=y

Last edited:

ShadowFlare

Processor Athlon 64 Venice 3200+ 2.0 GHz, max 2.6 GHz with Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 256 MB PCIe max 540/600, modded to 16 pipes
Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Doesn't anyone want it at all? Unless I don't get to the post office soon enough on Saturday, it will be getting sent in for a refund on that day. I'll sell it for as low as $140 if no one wants it for $160.

I would sell it on eBay, but I only have about a week to return it if I want a refund, so that doesn't leave enough time for that if it doesn't get sold.

Jimmy 2004

System Name Jimmy 2004's PC
Processor S754 AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2640MHz
Motherboard ASUS K8N
Cooling AC Freezer 64 Pro + Zalman VF1000 + 5x120mm Antec TriCool Case Fans
Memory 1GB Kingston PC3200 (2x512MB)
Video Card(s) Saphire 256MB X800 GTO @ 450MHz/560MHz (Core/Memory)
Storage 500GB Western Digital SATA II + 80GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA
Display(s) Digimate 17" TFT (1280x1024)
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Audigy 4 + Creative Inspire T7900 7.1 Speakers
Power Supply Corsair HX520W
Software Windows XP Home
Spinal C said:
id take it but its pci-e :p

Same as me - I'm using AGP, so I can't buy it I'm afraid.
Why are you selling it anyway (why don't you just return it)? :confused:

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
I just wanted to sell it so I wouldn't have the 15% restocking fee taken out. Plus, if I sell it I don't have to pay the shipping. ;)

It looks like I've found a buyer for the card, so unless they don't pay, this is no longer available.

Last edited:

Dashiel

hello shadowflare,

have you found the buyer yet?
why are you selling this card?
would you ship it to brazil, and is there any other payment method?

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Dashiel said:
hello shadowflare,

have you found the buyer yet?
why are you selling this card?
would you ship it to brazil, and is there any other payment method?
Yes, I've found a buyer, and he is from Brazil, too. :) He has already paid me now, so it is going to him.

I'm selling this card because I bought a Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO2 and I want to get rid of my X800 GT that I bought last month.

I prefer PayPal. I'm not sure if I could accept anything else for someone in another country. For someone in the USA, I'm sure a check or money order would be just fine, though. I'm not sure about ones from other countries, I've never dealt with such things.

I also have a Sapphire Radeon X700 256 MB PCI Express card available that I'm planning on selling since I currently have no other system that supports PCI Express. I'm going to send it in to try to get a replacement or to at least see if it works. I think it may just be my system, though; but I do want to make sure it works first. When I get it back, I could sell it to you if you are interested. When I try to sell it, I'll probably sell it for about $100. I'll also be including some memory heatsinks for it, since I bought them for this card and they aren't the right size for memory on a newer card, so I have no use for them. For an additional $35, I could also install a Zalman VF-700AlCu that I have.

I'm actually probably going to sell the X700 on eBay, though; but if you want to give me $130 for it (the price I paid), I'll have no reason to. :)

Last edited:

Dashiel

i'm impressed about how many high end vgas you've got...

right now i'm trying to figure a way to make a payment through paypal, since i do not have a credit card and i can't transfer money from a brazilian bank account. if you could put me in contact with this brazilian buyer i could ask him how he did, ask about any fees and convertion taxes, and if he got the card alright.

what is the problem with this x700?

ShadowFlare

Case Lian Li PC-60B Plus
Dashiel said:
i'm impressed about how many high end vgas you've got...

right now i'm trying to figure a way to make a payment through paypal, since i do not have a credit card and i can't transfer money from a brazilian bank account. if you could put me in contact with this brazilian buyer i could ask him how he did, ask about any fees and convertion taxes, and if he got the card alright.

what is the problem with this x700?
Heh, kind of a long story, but they were all for the same computer and bought within a 4 1/2 month time period. That computer is my only PCIe system, so I can't use them on any other; if I could, I probably would.

He made payment with a credit card through PayPal. I'll ask him about other methods. I'll also ask his permission to give you his e-mail address so you can contact him.

As for the problem I had with the card; in my system, it won't run stable at default memory speeds. This may not be completely the card's fault, though. I put my hand by the card with the system running, and I couldn't feel any airflow over the memory chips at all. I think all the fans in my system might be pulling the air in such a way that makes airflow terrible in that specific spot.

Anyway, I'm going to send it to the manufacturer for a replacement. If I get the same card back, I'll try to find out if it was because they found nothing wrong with it.

-EDIT-

He said that there is no way to make any kind of international payment without a credit card.

Last edited:

Dashiel

did he say if i could contact him by email? it would be interesting to talk to him about the shipping and any customs problems he might stumble upon.

do you have any friends with pci-e? we usually try our stuff on their pcs when we get problems.

i never had any problems with overheating or poor airflow so i couldn't say if that's your problem.

M. Mellough

Processor Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
Motherboard Asus A8N-E
Cooling Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu
Memory 2 Gb Corsair
Video Card(s) Problematic Asus EN7900GT TOP
Storage Seagate Barracuda 250Gb
Case Antec SLK2650-BQE
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Enermax ELT500AWT
Software Win XP Pro SP2
Dashiel said:
right now i'm trying to figure a way to make a payment through paypal, since i do not have a credit card and i can't transfer money from a brazilian bank account.

Paypal only accepts bank transfers from US and Canadian banks, or at least it was the case when I opened my Paypal account long ago. I believe I have read that residents of other countries can transfer money to a Paypal account if they open an account in a US or Canadian bank branch office in their own country provided that the account is in US or Canadian dollars. I suppose this would only be convenient to residents of large cities where foreign banks keep offices. Of course this may have changed as Paypal has expanded.