• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Warning about Diamond Multimedia 825Mhz 1GB DDR4 series of cards!

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Yeah, only issue with those ones now is price... I could practically go watercooling for that kind of money. Albeit only for one computer, but still.

I'm considering, but where I'll get the money, only god knows.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Ok, somehow I came up with the money, and know I have the heatsinks here. One question though, should I use the thermal paste that comes with them, or is AS5 just fine for this? I have a tube of Arctic Silver laying around but I heard it is conductive, that won't hurt anything will it?

Please do let me know, I'm itching to get these things on. Thanks in advance!

d44ve

Processor Intel E6600 @ 4.2GHZ Wo0t!
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme & eVGA 680i A1
Cooling Phase Change !!
Memory OCZ SLI 1066MHZ (2GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800 GTX
Storage Western Digital 320 GB
Case Antec 900
Power Supply Lian-Li V2000
Software Vista Ultimate
Ok, somehow I came up with the money, and know I have the heatsinks here. One question though, should I use the thermal paste that comes with them, or is AS5 just fine for this? I have a tube of Arctic Silver laying around but I heard it is conductive, that won't hurt anything will it?

Please do let me know, I'm itching to get these things on. Thanks in advance!

AS5 is just fine.... just dont go crazy with it and have it push out the sides and all over the cards

EDIT : BTW, where are that you can buy three of these cards.... but cant afford the shipping to canada?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
BTW, where are that you can buy three of these cards.... but cant afford the shipping to canada?

Technically I don't own all of them, I did this for me and a friend and we put our money together, so I own two. And I spent all my money on those two, I'm broke.

miamimuscleboy

Processor E6750@3.71
Motherboard / asus maximus formula flashed to rampage
Cooling z9500
Memory OCZ reaper 2x2 @1111 5-6-6-18
Video Card(s) 4850x2 @745/1040
Storage does it matter
Display(s) benq 24
Case silverstone tj06
Audio Device(s) xfi extreme gamer
Power Supply silverstone st1000
Software Windows 7 rc1 build 7077
Benchmark Scores 13839 GPU score Vantage Performance 10810P
This post is both a request, and a warning. First off, the warning. I got three of such cards today (2 for one rig, and one for the other), and to make a long story short, all three have a common issue. The clocks they use for the core (825Mhz) are only stable in DirectX9 mode! In DirectX 10, they artifact like hell! It's really awful to have paid so much for these cards and not even be able to play DirectX 10 games. I'd warn anyone considering these cards to stay away from them.

Now, the request: I can't afford to return these cards to the canadian retailer from whence they came, shipping is a small fortune between here and there. So I basically have resigned myself to modding the bios on these cards to run at a lower core clock, and just having wasted a bunch of money. However, there are no bios modding tools for the HD 2900 XT! I was told some people here might have the expertise to mod such a bios image. I was looking for a few things to be changed. First and foremost, I need the clock set to 780Mhz, from some experimenting I managed to find that that was stable. Second, it would be nice if you could make it run at 3d clocks all the time (this part is optional, but I have some desktop apps that don't seem to play well with the clock switching). If you do that, also just go ahead and make the fan speeds run at 100% all the time, I want to keep them cool.

Even if all you can do is adjust the core clock speeds to 780Mhz, I'd still be very pleased. I'd also be happy to tip anyone who can provide me with a solution a few dollars via paypal, just PM me your address if your interested and came up with a solution.

Hope I'm not asking the impossible, and hope the warning was useful! Thanks in advance!

Hey I have the same issue although diamond is just a reseller there all still ati cards, COJ and others have major artifacts white flashes etc when you run dx10 ALTHOUGH ATI STILL CLAIMS THE 7.10 DRIVERS HAVE COMPLETELY ELIMINATED COJ TEXTURE CORRUPTION---YEAH RIGHT AGAIN BOYS. I HAVE A MODDED BIOS FOR THE DIAMOND ATI 512'S THAT AT HAVE BUT I CAN DO IT FOR THE 1GB'S TOO I RUN 775 CORE AND 999 GHZ ON MEMORY STOCK AND ITS FINE BUT ALSO MY E6750 IS AT 3.7 4-4-4-9 920MHZ DDR2 SOMTIMES THE CARDS AND DX 10 GAMES DONT LIKE THE CPU OVERCOCKING AS WELL , ITS ALL NOT OPTIMIZED YET. BUT THE BIOS I HAVE RUNS THE FANS AT 70% (ITS ENOUGHT WITH A WELL VENTELATED FULL TOWER, MY CARD NEVER GETS OVER 75C WHICH IS RARELY BUT IF YOU CAN DEAL WITH ALL THAT NOISE AT 100% ILL PUT IT FOR YOU. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AS FAR AS MEM OVERCLOCK BECAUSE BIOS MODDING ON A CARD THAT MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE A HIGH CLOCK TO START WILL FAIL. I WOULD SUGGEST 999 OR LESS YOU CAN STILL USE AMD GPU TOOL TO CLOCK IT HIGHER LATER IF IT WILL TAKE IT

So... RTB are you saying that RMA is out of the option? Contacting Diamond or AMD would be a good option.