1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Watch Dogs Ultra System Requirements Released

Discussion in 'Games' started by Devon68, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
    Well didn't even hope I will be able to max it, but happy I will be able to play it.
    http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne...Watch Dogs Ultra System Requirements Released

The trailer released last week:

The trailer released last week was recorded on a PC sporting an Intel i7-3930K and a GeForce GTX Titan, but you won’t quite need this much firepower under the hood to hit the Ultra Watch Dogs requirements. Oh no, you’ll merely be wanting a GeForce GTX 780 and an Intel Core i7-4770K.

2. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    Ultra Spec:
    GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more (e.g. Nvidia GTX 670, AMD Radeon HD 7970)
    CPU: Latest Six core Intel or Eight core AMD (e.g. Intel Core i7-3930K, AMD FX-9370)
    RAM: 8GB or more

note: spec copied from ign.com

3. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Guess i'll be able to max this without a problem

4. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    Well the game looks good but not nearly as good as Crysis 2 or 3. The thing is, those requirements are as real as the 6GB requirement for the latest COD port which got reduced to 2GB by hacker teams with a simple patch. Its pure marketing for "next-gen console" PR stunts. An overclocked i5 with a gtx670 or amd equiv with eat it for breakfast on ultra. That's still a serious advancement from the previous console ports though.

5. 64K

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree about the marketing hype aspect. It's as if it's intended to make gamers think "Wow! this game must be great if it requires such high specs". Also, it may in fact require a high end build to play on ultra due to being poorly optimized. I expect in a couple of years when the new gen consoles have a big enough install base to have an influence on developers then we will see some need for a good deal more performance than right now but by that time we will be well within 20nm GPU territory and once again easily be able to roll over most games out there with a mid range card at 1080p maybe even 1440p and it will begin the stagnation of the new gen consoles and the looooong wait for the next gen consoles if there even will be one.

One thing I've noticed lately is some games recommending an i7. I haven't noticed any games benefiting from Hyper-Threading. Why even recommend an i7?

Vario says thanks.
  6. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    Crysis 3 definitely benefits by about 30% +fps with HT enabled. But I think that's about the only game with real benefit from HT since most others take up to 2-3 threads. Now, maybe Watchdogs has 6-7 threads or more since its planned for new consoles which have 8 (albeit weak ones) hence why I also said an OC'ed i5 will handle the game for fun. Also, wasn't Watchdogs (in particular this game) designed to work well on new consoles/PC since all we saw from this game from previous E3 demos was that is was running with a high end PC hidden under the desk. Also, the new consoles are so close to PC tech so I would rather avoid saying "bad console port" for games that are originally made to run on new consoles.

On a side note, maybe those requirements are real, as is the super-big storage requirement for Titanfall, a game with 5 maps requiring 50GB on HDD because they forgot to compress those 512kb textures. So yeah, after all I might say its a badly designed game or it has inflated specs for marketing.

Don't forget its a Ubisoft game, as was FarCry 3, a game which I found really good but would have bad performance even on the highest end PC system (anyone remember the fast-forward-then-slow-motion movement effect while running around?)

As for the console talk, I think (and hope) that Sony's Oculus Rift rival for the PS4 will boost this new market! That might be a gamechanger for consoles since running 720p and 900p is so yesterday.

7. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie PC Gaming Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    With those specs, I may not be maxxing out either, even with a 780, since I'm sure they mean 6 cores, not 6 threads. I seriously doubt my 2600k 4 cores plus hyperthreading counts.

8. Ebayer New Member

Thanks Received:
    So, we need to spend like $1500 just to maxed out a game???
    I dont think so, Its just because its recorded on "High End" PC it doesnt mean we need to ave same spec as the "high End" PC.
    Overall 780ti and the Titan is almost "identical" (in fact, 780ti is faster than the Titan and cheaper as well) why bother buying "Titan"??.
    And I7 3980k??
    Well, 4770k would be enough for this game in my opinion (coz that what I have lol).
    The game meant to have alot of things going on around you while you just walking along the street and a lot of details are put into the game. Such as lighting, rain effects, reflection etc (Even more than GTA5).

I was really exited about this game more than anything else before it was delayed, since the delayed this game is just "Meh".

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  9. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    Game looks boring.

10. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I pass on GPU but CPU and RAM will require a bit o tweakin. The new API advances forthcoming from MS may alleviate some if not most of that though.

I'm mostly concerned about it being an Nvidia endorsed game. They wax on about HBAO+, but it's not even as good as HDAO and only runs on Nvidia spec.

I'm not planning on replacing my 7970 until I see a price drop on high end Maxwells, and they haven't even released yet. It will pretty much be time for a whole barebones change by then.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Kaynar says thanks.
  11. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    Looks like I will not be able to run the game maxed out either. Though maybe they are assuming a higher res than 1920x1080 and more than 4x MSAA. Or are including TXAA (game is Nvidia backed).

12. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't see how an overclocked 8350 is in any way similar to an intel x79 chip, it's a great gaming chip, but doesn't have the same performance as a 3960K. For that reason, I assume these required specs for Ultra are entirely made up. The real point of fact is any 2GB GPU from the mid to high end segment, a generic quad core and a PC with a couple of gigs of RAM will easily max this game out. The fact they have taken so long to finish up the game, I fully expect it to be well optimised. Then again it's ubisoft. Welcome to Ass Creed Boston level, where a Core2Duo and a GTX 660 get more FPS than an Intel Hex core and a Titan. Those were the days.

13. Devon68

Devon68

Thanks Received:
  14. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Shouldnt have much of an issue with my rig. I happen to have a 4770k and a heavily overclocked GTX780 :clap:

15. PedroGoodal219

PedroGoodal219 New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice trailer! cant wait to play it

16. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Easy for my Rig, but not gonna buy it on day one anyway

17. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep - I have to agree. Show me something that may spark my interest...

GreiverBlade and RCoon say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I rarely see anyone mention it, but I find the premise of this game to be far too similar to the TV show Person of Interest. I've never been able to maintain an interest in that show because it's rather repetitious and pretentious. At the end of the day it feels like just another story centered around a self patronizing vigilante.

I could see the potential of both the story and missions actually being more fleshed out in the game than that show is, but I also worry there's more hype than substance here.

19. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    it looks like it has "invasions" similar to the Souls series eh

20. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Wow I thought I was the only one that thought that. TBH I don't mind the show, I'm more interested the big story that carries out throughout the show/series. I find the stories in each episode pretty boring on the most part if I'm honest.

I'm just hoping Watch Dogs will be as fun as all the hype makes it out to be - unlikely I know...

21. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The more trailers these guys release, the more bland the game looks. All I see are token characters and explosions. A bunch of blatant stereotyping.
    It looks more like the film Hackers than anything remotely modern and interesting.

22. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Is that voice Robert Vaughn's @ 1:35?

23. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Chin: "This, is what I have for you. It's ay uh, sticky bomb. It sticks."

Pearce: "That is uh, terrible, dialog."

Graphics look decent in that character trailer, and voice overs sound good enough. Too bad the characters and dialog are not up to the intelligence of the plot. This is starting to look like a bad version of 24 where they just gratuitously blow things up.

24. Toothless

Toothless

Thanks Received:
    Okay so I can run it, just not at high settings. I feel like I'll be back in the age where I ran L4D2 on ultra with my GT 220 1GB.

25. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Yee Haw! only 5 days to go!!!:rockout: I am trying to stretch out Wolfenstein until then...

15th Warlock says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU