1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

water cooling 7970 cross fire

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by vipercd, Apr 13, 2013.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    God good luck. Just went looking for one, no where to be found in stock :eek:

2. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I'm envious of you for planning an external loop, I have been wanting to build a desk just for that purpose since around 2009. If I were to start tomorrow, these are the parts I would get. The radiator is a no brainer if you have a cabinet of moderate size, a 12 FPI 45mm thick rad that is virtually two for the price of one and would easily handle any other components you wished to add later. I would probably build my own rheostat, but they have a $5 one that is borderline on the amperage. The AC/DC adapter is more than adequate for the pump and fans in your desk. Depending upon your layout, the 10 feet of tubing may not be enough to reach your case from the cabinet.

That is a ton of money, without the other $200+ you will have to shell out for the blocks themselves. Honestly, I'd buy any old gpu full cover blocks you halfway like that don't break the bank, they won't survive your next upgrade. The core parts in your cabinet will. Good Luck!

[​IMG]

3. vipercd New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks for the list. Things that I would have forgot about and things I already have.The radiator Iam thinking of alphacool ut quad 140 or the 120. The bigger will just fit in the cabinet on the desk.And the fittings on that I can angle the rad any direction. But I also like your suggestion and when I get home will ponder that one also.Your idea has more fans so that I can make wisper quiet.

4. vipercd New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now I am in a pickle.I bought my second card before I decided I wanted to watercool. The sapphire card is a dual x car. But I found that the the card being a OC W/Boost is a non reference . The first card is a reference,.... Looked so close to the other that I never thought that it would be any difference. Any ideas. May be to late to return to new egg. I really wanted the full block look.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  5. Akrian

Akrian

Thanks Received:
    Return if you can. Otherwise your options are a) universal block with heatsinks b) spend lots of money for custom block ( if you have thousands to spare that is), there are some companies that do that.