1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WCG Daily Numbers

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by loonym, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Alright!!
    Great work!!

3,045,199!!!!!!

That, is what I am talking about!! You all make me so proud!

I am all purple right now!!

[​IMG]

Damn, the French got us, oh well it's bound to happen, from time to time. I still loath it!!

So, Purple it is!!

Oh, we are 20th tonight!! Another big Awesome!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know, I know, I said NO MORE pictures! But I needed to share my minds eye version of Proud. Both of this team and, gratefully, being a part of this Team! ( I am not gonna cry!) :p

:lovetpu:

Vinska, laptop-hpc, t_ski and 3 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Great job Team!!! :toast:

@Arjai- you can't think purple without the Plum Crazy Cuda ;)

[​IMG]

Arjai and manofthem say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Nice but, you know my condition, if you want to call it that. Sure, I dream of nice cars, I've had and want but, that is quite a different thing! BTW, I don't think of it as a condition. More of a way of seeing things, that I used to think everyone saw, and then didn't talk about it for, what(?) thirty years?

Anyways....Fricking money crap, hate that!! I pay the prick $160 bucks and he's gonna whine about my tab. Classic, except not like this car.:(

Good Night, I have had just about enough of this day! 13th even, my favorite day each month...guess I can't win them all. Funny how fast things can change, huh?

I am still PROUD of this team, more so than many things.

BTW, Friday is Pi day!! Let's hope thing improve, they can get worse....I hope not!!

/Rant o_O:shadedshu:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    Norton says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Ok, here we go!

Very close tonight, not bad.

[​IMG]

19th tonight, very nice.
    Although the French got us, AGAIN! Boo!

This Winter has been brutal, not just here in MN but, all across the North. I have never had Seasonal Affective Disorder, however I know a few who do. For them this has been a particularly bad season. Long and grueling, to put it mildly. For me the worst part was catching this cold, my second this season. Very unusual for me, for the longest time I have been one and done, cold-wise. So, since this one has been REALLY kicking my butt, I figured I would post a few links about SAD, since I now feel this way, but for my own reasons, mostly this ongoing sickness.

I hope some of you find this informative and can find it in your hearts to recognize this in others, in the future, and offer some hope and advice to them, I had a close friend go to the hospital after a suicide attempt, a few years ago, because of the depression brought on by his SAD symptoms. I wish I had known more then, he is well now but, he put his friends and family through a lot of suffering that could have been avoided with the right words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

http://www.webmd.com/depression/tc/seasonal-affective-disorder-sad-topic-overview

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...ctive-disorder/basics/definition/CON-20021047

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002499/

Alright TEAM TPU!! Let's ALL do our best to improve the WORLD tomorrow and get a few more points. :p

Take Care, until tomorrow, I shall bid you adieu. :laugh:

Vinska, xvi, laptop-hpc and 4 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. manofthem

manofthem WCG-TPU Team All-Star!

Thanks Received:
    In other words,...

Come on TPU, we need to beat the French tomorrow :p

I'll all for it. Great work tonight TPU :toast:

Norton says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Beating the French is NOT improving the WORLD. MY World? Maybe. The rest of it, no.

You may ask, "Why do you Hate the French?" I don't. Just don't like it when they are competing for our spot in the standings!!

TPU is better than MANY Countries, MANY! Why do the French think they can compete? LOL.

Anyways, I've been to France. Loved it, nice people, beautiful people....Just don't compare Paris with the rest of this lovely country.

Paris should be it's own country, they should call it, " Better than YOU!!" :laugh:

BTW, I don't even hate the Parisians, just a bunch of them! There are good people everywhere, including Paris. I met more of the non- good, in my short time there. I.E. self-centered, better than thou, speak my language you imbecile types. The rest of the country, no complaints AT ALL!!

Sorry, just felt the need to explain, and, it seems I am surrounded by asses tonight, here at the bar. I hope they can read that! :roll:

Seems maybe I was a but long winded but, it is making the asses turn to each other to talk, rather than to me!!:D

Good Night! /rant

Peter1986C and manofthem say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Silly goose, you needn't explain; I am all on your side! Frenchies are poopoo :laugh:

Not literally but metaphorically :roll:

t_ski says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    merde

manofthem says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Ces chiffres sont Merde!

Le français a lancé le cul ce soir!!

Nous devons faire mieux! Nous ne pouvons pas se transformer en une autre victime de la française!

[​IMG]

En l'honneur de notre nouvel ennemi, sont quelques photos des origines françaises!

Le drapeau.
    [​IMG]

La tour eiffel.
    [​IMG]

Liberté, la tête des troupes.
    [​IMG]

Pain, pain français! Oui!
    [​IMG]

Une corne français!
    [​IMG]

Française, robe comme une femme française!
    [​IMG]

Typique café français, non parisien.
    [​IMG]

Le terrain autour du Mont St Michel inonde autour du temps de la marée. Frais plutôt français.
    [​IMG]

Une typiquement parisien, dans le parc. J'ai fait un drôle! En français!
    [​IMG]

OK, beau travail d'équipe TPU. Faisons le Français souffrent! Espérons que d'ici lundi, The Irish voudra que!

J'aime TPU!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    Vinska, xvi, laptop-hpc and 3 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I tried Google Translate on the first line, but then I saw it was a recurring theme so I'll just assume the French beat us and we are paying our respects :respect:

I never should have called them poopoo yesterday :laugh:

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Jusqu'à ce que nous battons les Français, les mises à jour quotidiennes seront en français! Fais-moi le quitte!

:shadedshu:

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    again, I say "merde"

manofthem says thanks.
  13. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Damn! In an attempt to motivate this team, which was in French, I switched to French until we beat them (as we should!).

But no! Apparently having a fun jest and no one willing to use a very simple tool, Google Translate, is verboten! OOps! Sorry, perhaps German is a "BAD" also!

Thanks to all who had fun using the translate tool open to everyone, oh! AND also to the watchful Moderators alerted by an unmotivated, allergic, and unreasonable request to stop me from apparently breaking an uniquely unclear rule.

I had no intentions, other than motivation, to piss off anybody. I spend a decent amount of time here, voluntarily, to update this thread. I have been showered with a number of accolades in doing so, which I truly appreciate.

When Kai went AWOL, after his vacation from school, I was asked to become the "Official" Daily Numbers poster. I assumed that came with a little bit of clout, nothing special but, getting Hammered with warnings in two threads and twice by our Captain?

Wow. Please excuse my unethical and sarcastic and eclectic postings that may have offended any choleric, bilious or querulous beings here on this, what happens to be my favorite, website!

Qu'il en soit ainsi.

:shadedshu:

(Being treated like a bad teenager is a bit vile, I am a 172 IQ scorer on the Presidents list of the two colleges I attended. Using French there was not condemned!)

"Malicious?"
    Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)
    Malewarebytes found nothing Malicious. Good thing it isn't French, that would have been!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:

21st tonight.

Yes the FRENCH beat us again.

Good job Team TPU!

I sincerely hope nobody is offended by this post!

Good night!

xvi, manofthem, mjkmike and 1 other person say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. mjkmike

mjkmike

Thanks Received:
    @ Arjai. Big thanks for all you do for this team.:toast:

Arjai, Norton and manofthem say thanks.
  16. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    @Arjai: don't take it so hard and like that.

We appreciate your work in postings the numbers, especially adding your flavor to the posts. It gives us a nice clear picture of our team's ppd, as well as a little more food for thought.

Fact is, forums rules dictate how things should be done, language posting just the same as the other rules that keep TPU great. The mods have to enforce those rules, as does our Captain. I think it a reasonable request.

Oh great, now I need to use google for help with my own language :oops: :laugh:

While I appreciate the post and the fact that I don't have to translate it, I miss your old school awesomeness of colorful posts.
    Come back to us Arjai and post some more of your beauties! :toast:

Great work TPU, let's shoot for a little higher tomorrow! :)

Peter1986C and Norton say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Forum rules around here have always been my thoughtful reproach. I have extended those rules, on occasion, in what I thought was a respectful, if not playful way. Up until today, it was regarded in a laissez-faire attitude.

However, recently, it appears there have been a few authoritative hand outs around here. Becoming an example of one is not of my particular liking.

In an attempt to further this taste, I have been degraded as forum rules breaker, worthy of an infraction.

Wholly inappropriate. Despite what some think. Boo on you TPU.

Despite this run through the ringer, TPU remains my favorite site to visit. Having to curb my enthusiasm, is not what I was expecting from this favorite site.

Whateva, make rules, enforce them as you will. Make long time Team members feel shunned.
    Wanna color? Titian.

Not one of my favorites. :banghead:

Crunching for Team TPU
  18. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    I'm not trying to be a bad guy here, but rules are rules. Even I have broken the rules and had to pay the price for it. We do appreciate all that you do here, but it's better if we all play by those same rules. Personally, I zoned out when you started posting in French, as I don't speak it. I don't have time to google all of it when you post again and again and again in French.

It's kinda like when people talk in another language in front of you, and you have no clue about what they are saying, so you don't know if they are talking bad about you or what. If those people knew you did not speak their language it would be considered rude.

manofthem says thanks.
  19. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    I sincerely hope that by using English, perhaps a vocabulary, is not also Mod worthy.

I know that I may be pushing some buttons, well aware. Quizzically, I'd like to find an extrapolation of how any of you, and you know who you are, surmise my actions/ recent posts.

Can I assume it of a contemptuous nature, since I seem to want to skirt the rules?
    Or, rather that I am just a moody tool that abhors admonishment?

Anybody?

manofthem says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Norton

Thanks Received:
    This is what I posted:

The request wasn't too harsh imo but you responded in French again- Therefore I escalated the issue:

My goal was to return to topic- and to see this spread to another thread, in my opinion, was disruptive.

My only intention was to return the threads back to topic, if you perceive my posts/actions as anything else... that was not my intention and I apologize if I have offended you.

Please return these threads back to topic and feel free to discuss further with me via PM or with TPU staff.

Peter1986C and manofthem say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    First of all, what you quoted from me was said as a joke, a little remark at my own self for not knowing a few English words, nothing against you.

Second, there's nothing more to extrapolate, other than the fact that the overwhelming majority agree with the rule to post in English. Nothing here has been an attack on you, your IQ, your esoteric speech, or anything else like that.

Third and final, I think we all can and should let this go, as there's not much more to say. Others have posted that they appreciate you and what you do for the team, as do I and our team Captain. We as a team appreciate everyone individually, which is what makes this team so great, and that includes you Arjai. All's well and tomorrow this won't even matter.

Our goal:
    Crunch on, do good, help the team, help science, be awesome!
    :toast:

Peter1986C, t_ski and Norton say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Arjai - you do not have any "Warnings" (used to be called "Infractions") listed in in your Members page. You were given a verbal warning (via posts in a couple threads) to stop posting in the French language. I became involved as Norton reached out to me as a friend to help to get you to stop. Norton is not a Mod but he is our team Captain. In the "Have you got pie today" thread he asked you to stop and you then posted a quote from the guidelines about being polite and then included a link to Google translate.
    Let it go man:)
    I do appreciate your efforts as a member of TPU and our awesome crunching team. I also appreciate you taking on updating the daily numbers:)

Peter1986C, Mindweaver, Norton and 2 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Where are our daily numbers? I have no idea how TPU did unless someone tells me about our day ....... :roll:

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Norton

Thanks Received:
    xvi, t_ski and manofthem say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  25. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Sorry about last night, the festivities at the bar, where I stop to switch busses and update this thread, meant there was no place for me to set up. So, without further delay, the numbers for Monday Mar 17th:

Well done!

[​IMG]
    21st tonight, in the WORLD Standings.

[​IMG]

Later, Nice job TPU!! Let's keep Crunching!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    Vinska, xvi, t_ski and 3 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU