• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WD Unveils Blazing Fast 802.11ac Wireless Router And Bridge For Maximum Wi-Fi Speeds

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
WD, a Western Digital company, and a world leader in external storage and solutions for today's connected life, today unveils the new My Net AC1300 HD Dual-Band Router and My Net AC Bridge as the latest additions to the acclaimed My Net family of HD dual-band routers. These products combine next-generation 802.11ac wireless technology with WD's exclusive FasTrack technology for automatically prioritizing high-bandwidth entertainment services like Netflix, YouTube, online games and Skype, to provide maximum streaming performance inside the home.

A leading product testing and analysis organization, The Tolly Group, conducted performance testing of the My Net AC1300 router and My Net Bridge amongst comparable products on the market today. Results show that the My Net AC1300 router is faster than leading competitive products averaged across ranges of 30 to 75 feet, demonstrating the strongest performance in providing stable wireless speeds over long distances, and cutting out buffering and lag times to provide a smooth HD entertainment streaming experience throughout the home.

"The recent introduction of our My Net family of routers brought several new breakthroughs to the market, including our acclaimed FasTrack prioritization technology, amazingly simple setup and the My Net N900 Central router with storage," states Scott Vouri, general manager for WD's connected life solutions group. "The My Net AC1300 and My Net AC WiFi Bridge build on those breakthroughs, setting a new standard for wireless speeds and delivering maximum HD streaming performance for our customers, while driving multiple devices on the home network at the same time."

WD's exclusive FasTrack prioritization technology and next-generation AC Wi-Fi work together in the My Net AC1300 router to deliver crystal-clear high-definition streaming content to gaming consoles, media players, smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, computers and other Wi-Fi connected devices at speeds up to 3 times faster and with more reliable coverage, than wireless-N Wi-Fi. With dual-band performance up to 450 + 1300 Megabits per second (Mbps) and FasTrack technology, the My Net AC1300 features 802.11n wireless technology on the 2.4 GHz band and 802.11ac wireless technology on the 5 GHz band. Both bands work simultaneously to significantly reduce streaming delays and interference with the multitude of Wi-Fi devices connected to the network. The My Net AC1300 achieves its blazing throughput and exceptional signal quality via a unique horizontal 3x3 antenna array design.

The acclaimed simple setup process of the first generation of My Net routers is even easier on the new My Net AC1300 router. No CD or installation software is required. Setup is as easy as plugging in the new router and running the integrated automatic setup via the web browser on any smartphone, tablet or PC. Additionally, the My Net Dashboard makes it easy to customize, monitor or change settings on the network, by providing access to parental controls, Internet security settings, network name and password settings, all in one easy view.

My Net AC1300 includes four Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired devices such as media players or network attached storage, as well as two USB 2.0 ports to easily add external storage such as My Book or My Passport hard drives, shared printers and scanners. Additionally, My Net AC1300 is Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) certified for easy detection and connection of Wi-Fi devices, as well as Windows 8 certified for seamless support of the new Microsoft operating system.

With the new My Net AC Bridge, customers can convert up to four devices like a smart TV, game console, Blu-ray disc player and media player from wired-Ethernet to wireless and get blazing-fast AC Wi-Fi speeds for the ultimate HD entertainment experience. This reduces the amount of network cabling needed in the home without sacrificing the throughput Ethernet provides. The My Net AC Bridge is easily set up by simply pushing the WPS buttons on the bridge and the My Net AC1300 router (or other brands' AC routers).

Availability and Pricing
My Net AC1300 Router and My Net AC Bridge are available now at select U.S. retailers and online at wdstore.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $189.99 USD for My Net AC1300 and $149.99 USD for My Net AC Bridge.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Didn't know WD made routers now,...

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Didn't know WD made routers now,...

I needed a new router two months ago and decided to try out WD. Went with the My Net N900 HD. http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=710

Pretty nice overall, 7 Gbe ports, dual-band, 2 USB. The UI is responsive and I got it on sale for $110 which really helped me lean towards it instead of a model from one of the more common router manufacturers.

R_1

N900 has USB3, but the new AC1300 doesn't. :confused: I thought Broadcom already sells 802.11ac SoC with USB3 integrated. :)

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I did too. Nice to see a new player in the market but do they make their own or source it out? I like their HDDs but not sure what they know about Routing :D Looks like I may grab this, hopefully DD-WRT can be put on it.