• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WD Unveils New Eco-friendly My Book Studio Edition II Storage Systems

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
WD today introduced its My Book Studio Edition II high-performance dual-drive storage systems which are designed to seamlessly work with Mac computers and provide an ideal blend of power savings and high performance. Available now at select retailers and the WD online store, the new My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage systems are available in capacities of 1TB and 2TB.

The new eco-friendly1 dual-drive My Book Studio Edition II external storage systems use WD's GreenPower hard drives for power savings and cool and quiet operation. The system's dual-drive, RAID 0 configuration and high-speed interfaces deliver high performance for creative professionals, workgroups, small offices and anyone looking for fast data transfer.

Formatted for Mac computers, these new storage systems feature: extra-fast performance with four interfaces (FireWire 400/800, eSATA, USB 2.0); factory-shipped in RAID 0 (Striped) configuration [RAID 1 (Mirrored) configurable]; cool, eco-friendly operation with WD GreenPower drives that consume approximately one-third less power than standard dual-drive external storage systems and efficient convection cooling architecture and power-saving mode; designed without a fan to run quietly; 5-year limited warranty; automatic and continuous backup software; capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on the system; intelligent drive management features, including automatic power-up, Safe Shutdown and LED status and activity lights; user serviceability, enabling owner to open the enclosure and replace the drive inside; and elegant silver metallic finish that perfectly complements other Mac products.

"WD developed the My Book Studio Edition II external drives to satisfy the needs of Mac enthusiasts and creative professionals who require extra-fast performance, but also want it to be as environmentally friendly as possible," said Jim Welsh, vice president and general manager of WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "Configured with RAID 0 out of the box, photographers, graphic artists, videographers, and others who require large amounts of storage will experience high performance combined with power savings and quiet operation when they use the new My Book Studio Edition II storage system."

Demonstrations of the My Book Studio II Edition storage systems may be viewed at Photoshop World Booth No. 604 being held at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. Apr. 2-4, 2008.

Extra-fast Performance with RAID 0
Lightning-fast eSATA or FireWire 800 interfaces combined with RAID 0 (Striped) yields the speed users need for: fast, smooth video editing; rendering complex 3D objects or special effects; and saving huge blocks of data in record time. With RAID 0, users can have 2TB of storage in an elegant, small footprint design that offers plenty of room to store an entire digital photo library and hundreds of hours of HD movies or digital video (results will vary based on file size and format, settings, features, software and other factors).

Pricing and Availability
My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage systems are available now at select retailers and WD's online store. MSRP for My Book Studio Edition II with 1TB is $349.99 USD; MSRP for My Book Studio Edition II with 2TB is $599.99 USD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format