• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Websites & Books On Computer Programming

System Name The Beast
Processor Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE
Cooling Stock
Memory 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Video Card(s) 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD4650 Ultimate Edition
Storage 60GB Corsair Force LE, 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F1, 500GB Seagate
Display(s) 22" Samsung T220HD & 19" Acer X193W
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hey guys I'm looking for good websites or books to learn about computer programming. I have no knowledge on the subject and I know enough about building and using computers but nothing about programming. I'd prefer books though as I can sit down and read through them. In preparation for not getting into college I've decided to learn myself, as I did with building computers, using Windows and over clocking. I've come this far without school, I might as well continue.

This is what the first course at the college I want to go to is this:

-Introduction to Computers (I have the feeling I won't need help with that :p)
-Introduction to Mathematics for Computing
-Introduction to Multimedia
-Introduction to Programming
-Computer Architecture
-Managerial Foundations of Information Systems
-Object Oriented Programming
-Operating Systems
-Personal and Professional Development
-XHTML & Web Design

Any sites/books that cover these topics? I'd like to have something under my belt for when I apply for college again next year as despite my best efforts, nowhere has given me a chance and it's also as a big fuck you to everyone I know who thinks just because I don't do well in irrelevant school subjects that I'm stupid, but it's mainly for personal gain, regardless of what people think of my intelligence or if I get the chance to go to college, I still want to learn about it. It's the weakest link in my knowledge of computers.

Last edited: