Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by oinkypig, Jul 4, 2007.
yeah... i live in nimbin. and everything is green
if you try some you'll find a need for it
just give me a cola light.
It depends to person to person, if you ask me if you smoke the green or drink the slightest you should not be driving.
I've known a few people were drinking don't effect them and others after a few bottles there be feeling legless same with smoking the green. People get effected different. Drinking normally makes me tired and smoking green makes me hyper but not everyone is like this.
Drinking alcohol from a bodies perspective is much more immediately damaging than smoking weed. Alcohol is essentially straight up poison. On a side note though that doesn't stop me from drinking of course . Weed isn't good for you either though and can really tax your body for cardio if you exercise a lot.
A doctor at a party once told me essentially the same thing. Makes me have pause now when I partake in a cold one.
i suggest drugs 100cc morfine would do the job
you are not allowed to talk about narcotics morgoth
Things that get you high, other than maybe some analgesics (suppress pain, doc prescribed). What an excuse to get high...fighting "pain", quite literally.
Another bad experience with alcohol last night. Was at the Longhorn Harley Davidson with my family last night for their 105th anniversary show. Well Friday was my parents 34th anniversary and so they celebrated too. None of us had eatin anything from the day before and we had a hookup for Crown and they where giving out free beer since Miller was the sponsor. I had one huge gulp of Crown just for the toast and said no more and only had water to put ontop of it for another few hours after that. Them idiots on the other hand got so drunk they could barely walk to the Waffle House down the road a bit and my mom sufferd frmo heat exaustion. Since i had to sit outside and take care of her my food also went cold. Ugh what a night.
Hey, it's free beer!
I support legalization and no drinking age, but do not support the acts of doing so. I'll never drink or smoke, but think if someone wants to fuck themselves up in such a manner, 'tis their choice.
Pot or alcohol? They both affect you in a bad way. One makes you stupid and the other makes you fall down.
Ha! I can breath through my eyelids.
THe only problem with this is sometimes a person under the influence can fuck somebody elses life up to. And usualy when it happens its a serious matter usualy associated with a dirt nap.
I have been known to use multiple controlled substances that are considered to be illegal. Intelligent use with intelligent people used in controlled situations, and ones that are not physically addictive or do massive amounts of damage to your body.
I have smoked in the past, don't anymore, I know a lot of people that simply cannot function without it, but equal are the people that can't handle it if it was legal.
Drugs are a very gray line topic because while someone can use one responsibly themselves and live a normal responsible proactive life, the next person will destroy their life and those around them with the same drug because of a lack of control.
Alcohol does both those things, Cannabis does neither.
Cannabis makes you a nervous wreck (if you're unlucky like me) and Alcohol damages your liver. I used to love a bit of both in moderation otherwise you feel way too wasted, but now I much prefer getting drunk and don't smoke at all.
Prolonged use can cause memory loss. So many of my friends cant remember shit lol.
Memory loss isn't the same as intelligence loss... But yes it can affect your memory with seriously prolonged use - but so can many substances.
Cannabis can make you paranoid and nervous, this is also true, but that is usually when you try a new strain for the first time - all it takes is a bit of sleep to get rid of that. Thankfully unlike alcohol Cannabis wont make anybody aggressive.
i think they should allow people in the US to have up to lets say about a dub or quad (4-8 grams-ish it really isn't that much) once you turn 18 (im talking sweet mary jane btw) because if you know what your buying weed isn't that bad for you, its not great but it's not nearly as bad as cigs are and contrary to what those stupid ass anti-weed ads say, you WILL NEVER hit a little girl on a bike pulling out of a drive thru (i hate those stupid ads, and anyone who smokes knows those ads are complete bs)
the "war on drugs" is a loosing battle in the us, im not saying they should give up by any means, i think they should move most the resources away from marijuana and put it on the real drugs that fuck up peoples lives (like coke, meth, heroin...) because pot doesn't really fuck up lives, unless your dealing, and if they don't legalize it they should at least decriminalize it
also pot doesn't necessarily make you paranoid and nervous, that is more of a personality trait than a drug trait (well more of a combo of the two, for instance im not paranoid or nervous) i've actually found it to be a huge stress reliever, it helps me sleep at night and it helps me focus on what im doing, which at times has allowed me to do better on exams
what strain were you smoking that would make you paranoid?
in moderation the effects on your memory can be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced, not eliminated but reduced, my memory isn't so hot for little details, but hey in my defense it never was that great and i have a nifty little phone that reminds me of the little details i would have forgotten (like to pick up some toilet paper on the way home)
@edit: weed is NOT addictive
tobacco isn't the killer, its the shit they mix with it in cigs, and shrooms taste like shit, you gota get the bars man...
here ya go
its not so much legal as decriminalized
^^ Hahaha its legal in Sealand go figure! lol.
After some research I found out "The Pirate Bay" never bought Sealand because the owners did not want to sell it to them :/
Pot makes you stupid?? O-RLY?
Carl Sagan, Edgar Allen Poe, Bill Clinton,(oh yea forgot didn't inhale)
Here are a few more...
• Abraham Lincoln. On a Hohner box cover but disputed.
• Al Gore.
• Aldous Huxley
• Aleister Crowley
• Alexander Dumas
• Alice B. Toklas
• Allen Ginsberg. Poet.
• Alexis Korner. Musician.
• Andy Warhol. Artist.
• Annita Roddock. Founder 'The Body Shop'.
• Anjelica Huston. Hollywood actress. Jack Nicholson's girlfriend for 17 years. Pro-drug statements by her in Peter McWilliams book, 'Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in Our Free Country'.
• Arthur Conan Doyle. Author, creator 'Sherlock Holmes'.
• Aswad. Musicians.
• Bill Clinton.
• Bill Gates. Not confirmed, just very strongly hinted at in the Playboy interview
• Bill Murray Arrested for possession
• Bob Denver.
• Bob Dylan. Poet, singer, song writer.
• Bob Marley. Poet, singer, song writer.
• The Bishop of Monmouth.
• Brian Eno. Singer, song writer. Signed 'Independent' list.
• Boy George.
• British Lords & MP's - too many to list .
• Buddy Rich.
• Cab Calloway. Jazz musician.
• Carl Sagan. Author.
• Caroline Coon. Artist, founder 'Release', manager of the Clash.
• Carl Segan . Author.
• Carlos Santana. Musician, guitarist.
• Carrie Fischer.
• Cary Grant.
• Cary Mullis. Nobel Laurate, Biology
• Charles Beaudelaire
• Charles Dickens. Claims but no evdience.
• Cheech Marin.
• Chris Armstrong. Footballer, tested positive.
• Chris Conrad.
• Chris Farley. 60's singer.
• Chris Rock.
• Conan O'Brian.
• Count Basie. Jazz legend.
• Dame Ruth Runsiman. Author; Police Federation Report (March 2000) advising liberlization.
• Dave Gilmour . Musician ; Pink Floyd.
• Dave 'Tinki Winky' Thompson - TV personality (UK); the Tellie Tubbie that was sacked.
• Diego Rivera.
• Dion Fortune.
• Dizzy Gillespie.
• Douglas Adams. Author.
• Dr Francis Crick. Nobel Prize winner.
• Dr Lester Grinspoon.
• Dr Mark Porter. TV doctor who says cannabis is not more harmful than alcohol.
• Dr Anne Biezanek (authoress)
• Dr R.D.Laing.
• Dr John Marks
• Dr W.B. O'Shaugnessy.
• Drew Barrymore.
• Duke Ellington.
• Eddie Ellison. Ex head of Scotland Yard Drug Squad.
• Edgar Allen Poe. Author, multi-drug user.
• Elvis Presley. Singer, FBI informer.
• Emperor Liu Chi-nu.
• Emperor Shen-Nung.
• Ernest Hemmingway. Author.
• Errol Flynn.
• Fela Kuti. Musician. Afro/jazz king.
• Felix Dennis. Publisher.
• Fitz Hugh Ludlow.
• Fran Healey. Musician; Travis.
• Francis Ford Coppella.
• Francis Rabelais.
• Francis Wilkinson. Ex Chief Constable of Gwent Police.
• Fredreich Nietzshe.
• Ganesh - Hindu God.
• Gary Johnson.
• Gene Krupa.
• George Clinton. Ex President's brother.
• George W Bush. Possibly the greatest living hypocrite.
• George Gurdjieff.
• George Melly. Jazz musician (early sponsor of Legalise Cannabis Campaign, Uk).
• George Michael. Singer.
• George Washington.
• George Soros.
• Gerard de Nerval.
• Gilberto Gil. Brazilian musical icon.
• The Greatful Dead.
• Hasan I-Sabah.
• Heinrich Khunrath.
• Helen Petrova Blavatsky.
• Henri Michaux.
• Herman Hesse.
• Hiero the Second.
• Howard Marks. Author, cannabis smuggller.
• Howard Stern, Admitted it on the radio.
• Hua T'o.
• Hunter S. Thompson. Smoked weed and snorted coke with George Bush.
• Ian Botham. Convicted Cricket legend.
• Irvine Welsh.
• Kurt Cobain.
• Jabir Ibn el-Hayyan.
• Jack Herer. Author 'The Emporor Wears No Cloths'
• Jack Kerouac. Author ' On the Road'.
• Jack Nicholson. Film actor.
• Jackie Gleason.
• Jackson Pollock.
• Jane Fonda. Actress.
• James Brown. Singer, song writer.
• Janis Joplin. Singer, song writer.
• Jesse 0Ventura.
• Jerry Lee Lewis. Musician, song writer.
• Jimmy Dorsey.
• Jimmy Hendrix. Rock guitarist, singe, song writer
• Jim Morrison. Musician, songwriter; The Doors.
• Joan of Arc. Accused of using 'witch herbs' (another name for cannabis).
• Joan Rivers.
• Joe Strummer. Musician, singer, songer writer; The Clash.
• John Belushi.
• John Denver.
• John F Kennedy. Popular US president (assassinated).
• John Keats. Poet.
• John Lennon. Musician, song writer; The Beatles.
• John Le Mesurier. Tried it but said it's not for him.
• Johnny Cash.
• John Peel. DJ, BBC broadcaster.
• John Sinclair.
• Judge John L. Kane. Chief Judge from the US District Court
• Julie Christie. Actress.
• Jules Verne.
• John Wayne. 'I tried it once but it didn't do anything to me.'
• Kelsey Grammar.
• Ken Livingston. Mayor of London - supports decriminalisation but does not smoke or support the use of recreational drugs.
• Kirk Douglas. Actor.
• Kurt Cobain.
• Larry Adler. Harmonica player and
friend of George Gershwin. May have written a song about it.
• Lenny Bruce. Comedian.
• Lewis Carroll. Author 'Alice in Wonderland'.
• Linda St Clair
• Little Richard. Musician.
• Lord Avebury.
• Lord Byron. Poet.
• Lord Deedes.
• Lord Tony Gifford. QC, civil rights lawyer.
• Louis Armstrong. 'Oh what a wonderful world'.
• Louis Hebert.
• Mark Thomas . Comedian.
• Marlon Brando. Actor.
• Martin Sheen.
• Mary Shelly. Author 'Frankinstein'.
• Mary Tyler Moore.
• Mick Jagger. Singer, song writer, The Rolling Stones.
• Michael Mansfield QC. Lawyer.
• Jade Jagger.
• JC 100. Fastest rapper in the west.
• JT Moore. Legendary white rasta guitarist.
• Mike Tyson.
• Miles Davis. Jazz/rock drummer.
• Mo Mowlan. Genuine honest politician.
• Modigliani. Sculptor.
• Montgomery Clift. Mentioned in his biography.
• Neil Diamond.
• Nick Hornby. Author.
• Niel Young. Musician.
• Norman Mailer. Author.
• Oasis. Rock band.
• Oliver Stone.
• Oscar Wilde. Poet.
• Pablo Picasso. Artist.
• Pancho Villa. Mexican bandit revolutionary.
• Paul Flynn. Uk Member of Parliament.
• Paul McCartney. Musician, song writer; The Beatles.
• Paul Simon. Musician, song writer.
• Pharoahs of Egypt. Traces in body samples.
• Phil Donohue.
• Phil Tufnell. Former test cricketer, now media celeb.
• Peter Fonda. Actor; 'Easy Rider'.
• Peter Sellers. Actor, comedian.
• Peter Tosh. Musician.
• Philip K. Dick. Science fiction author.
• Pierre Burton.
• Pierre Elliot Trudeau.
• Pink Floyd; Syd Barret and Roger Waters.
• Prince Charles. Heir to the Throne. Quoted while visiting a hospital; 'I understand cannabis is good for medical use' .
• Prince William.
• Prince Harry.
• Queen Arnegunde.
• Queen Victoria. Used it for medical purposes.
• Ram Dass.
• Ray Charles. Musician.
• Rev Kenneth Leech.
• Richard Branson. 'Virgin'. Entreprenur.
• Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize Laureate physicist, founder of quantum electrodynamics.
• Richard Prior.
• Richard Wilson. Actor; 'One Foot in the Grave'.
• Rimbaud. Author.
• Robert Burns. Mentioned it in a poem.
• Robert 'King' Carter. Grower.
• Robert Anton Wilson. Author.
• Robert Mitchum. Jailed 90 days for possession of marijuana, 1949.
• Roger McGough. 60's liverpool poet.
• Rolling Stones. Rock band.
• Ronnie Scot. Jazz club owner, musician, busted on stage 1958, at his club in Soho, London.
• S Club 7. 'Super clean' pop band, busted in Soho, very embarrassing.
• Salvador Dali. Artist.
• Samuel Beckett.
• Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Poet.
• Shen Nung. One of the fathers of Chinese medicine. 2700 B.C .
• Sinead O'Connor. Singer.
• Sigmun Freud. Shrink.
• Sonny Bono.
• Super Furry Animals. Welsh band who wrote a song about Howard Marks.
• Stephen King.
• Sting/Gordon Sumners.
• Tariq Ali. Activist Writer.
• Tenessee Williams. Author.
• Terence McKenna. Author.
• Terry Gilliam. Actor, comedian;Monty Python.
• The Who. Rock band.
• Thelonius Monk.
• Thomas Jefferson.
• Timothy Leary.
• Tom Lehrer.
• Top Tories. Senior members of the shadow cabinet.
• Tony Elliot. Publisher, 'Time Out.
• Tracy Blevins. Artist.
• Tuppy Gore.
• UB40. Band.
• Victor Hugo.
• Vincent Van Gogh. Artist.
• Walt Disney. Cartoonist.
• Walter Benjamin.
• Whitney Houstonn. Busted at Hawaii airport but ran away.
• William Burroughs. Author, poet, artist.
• Will Self. Author. Did smack on Blairs plane.
• William Shakespeare. Playwright.
• William Straw. UK Home Sec Jack Straw's son. Cautioned for supplying undercover journalists in pub 'shocker'.
• Willie Nelson.
• Winston Churchill. British Prime Minister, poet, artist & multi drug user.
• Woody Harrelson. Actor. Features in a book on growing medical marijuana .
• Zoroaster. Persian prophet.
(Yes I got a little board so I did a little research, like no one has done that)
All Stupid?? Perhaps a few I could agree with you but the Pot makes you dumb "argument" is about as old as me. Lets move ahead from this Reefer Madness crap.
Separate names with a comma.