• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia 3d Vision Tweaks

System Name Core p90
Processor I7 9700k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4
Cooling Ek supremacy evo cpu block/nexxxos ut60 rad 480mm/D5 vario pump 310mm reservoir combo.
Memory Trident gskill 16gb 3000mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Founders edition rtx 3080 10gb
Storage M.2 Intel 660p 1024gb, 4tb 7200 rpm black Western Digital hdd
Display(s) Acer x34 predator 3440x1440p 120hz g-sync ultrawide 21:9 monitor
Case Thermaltake Core P90 tempered glass edition
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Thermaltake smart m1200w
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 10 64bit
So I've been fiddling with some settings to make gameplay smooth and without stutter.

I noticed the following when it comes to gaming with Nvidia 3d vision:

• 3d vision seems to work better with vsync enabled as it seems to stabilize Frame Times (ms)
  • oddly, it seems that enabling vsync maxes the frames per second PER eye to 60fps even though my monitor is a 144hz monitor (it can even OC to 180hz)
  • Even if I'm not using 2 GPUs (sli) some games seem to still have some stutter... even with perfectly stable frame time at a solid 60fps rate... the only thing I haven't tried yet is tripple buffering here just in case. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to try lol
  • Also noticed that capping the FPS at 60fps instead of unlimited improves smoothness of the game a bit. As it keeps the fps around 59.9 with a solid 16ms frame time.
  • What do you guys do for v-sync when it comes to nvidia 3d vision? Do you set it "on" or adaptive? My monitor is g-sync capable but as far as I know, Nvidia's promise of g-sync and 3d combined never came to fruition correct?
If you have any thought/advice/tricks regarding nvidia 3d vision and overall game performance/smoothness tips. feel free to throw em at me ;)

Last edited: