• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Weird GPU/PSU/House problem

Cannibaal

I'll give you guys the specs first
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
Mobo: MSI MS-7918
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 1866MHz 8GB
Gpu: Radeon (TM) RX 480 8GB
PSU: EVGA 600W 80 PLUS

Now on to the issue, a month ago I had been playing gta v for quite some time, many hours a day until out of nowere the screen goes black as i can hear gpu fans gone full throtle but I still could hear my buddies on discord and this would only last a few seconds then PC would completely shut down, first I checked my temps with MSI afterburner and it wen up to 92C then this would happen again, I tried loggin this with a benchmark tool, same results, then I tried playing other games and to my surprise almost every other game will give me the same results, League of legends, Pubg fortnite, m&b warband, kenshi you call it every game in my library gave me the same results.

I figured after reading a lot the it was probably my PSU that somehow was giving me troubles
so I bought a new one (EVGA 600W 80 PLUS, previously I had a CoolerMaster extreme2 625W)
and everything worked wonders again, now heres the weird part, I live in 2 places and I carry my rig between those 2. Lets call these places A and B, all these issues I had at the time it was on place A and when i changed to the new psu I was on place B, now on place B I can play anything I want full graphics with no issues at all but everytime I go to place A the same thing happens even on games lobby (fortnite lobby, kenshi lobby). I got a new Forza Voltage regulator for place A thinking it was a voltage thing but no luck with that.

What do you guys think? Im planning to stay a few months on place A and I cant play so im gonna go nuts.

Also heres a video I found on YT showing how exactly looks my problem

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Microsoft Wireless 5000
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Check your facility power. Every home and every computer user should have access to a AC Outlet Tester to ensure your outlet is properly wired and grounded. I recommend one with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) indicator as it can be used to test bathroom and kitchen outlets (outlets near water) too. These testers can be found for your type and voltage outlet, foreign or domestic, (like this one for the UK) at most home improvement stores, or even the electrical department at Wal-Mart. Use it to test all the outlets in the home and if a fault is shown, have it fixed by a qualified electrician.

Cannibaal

Check your facility power. Every home and every computer user should have access to a AC Outlet Tester to ensure your outlet is properly wired and grounded. I recommend one with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) indicator as it can be used to test bathroom and kitchen outlets (outlets near water) too. These testers can be found for your type and voltage outlet, foreign or domestic, (like this one for the UK) at most home improvement stores, or even the electrical department at Wal-Mart. Use it to test all the outlets in the home and if a fault is shown, have it fixed by a qualified electrician.
Hi man thanks for the answer, I will try what you mentioned and post the results.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Clean the card, clean the slot, reseat the card.

Could be an OS update, change monitor or cable.

Cannibaal

Clean the card, clean the slot, reseat the card.

Could be an OS update, change monitor or cable.
Already done most of that, everything but changing the monitor or cable, the thing is I use the same monitor and cable on Place B with no problems at all

System Name BlackDragon
Processor FX-8120
Motherboard Asus M5A99X EVO
Cooling Corsair H55 2 fan system
Memory 16 gb 1866 Corsair vengence pro
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 780 Signature 3gb
Storage 4 SSD's
Display(s) 27" Acer HDMI in
Case HAF XB modded
Audio Device(s) Asus DGX 5.1
Power Supply 700Watt Coolmaster
Mouse Generic gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G19s gaming keyboard
Software Win 10 (1809)
I would go with option 2 (Bill Bright) check your current electric supply in both place A and B see what current or spikes may occur then get an Electrician to rectify the issues concerning said spikes or overcurrent