1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well it's official, PC gamers better than Console Gamers.

Discussion in 'Games' started by WhiteLotus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I wanted one of my friends who says he's amazing at cod to play against me on another pc using a gamepad and he declined because the pc version isn't the same ...

Mussels says thanks.
  2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Guys, it was just a bit of tongue in cheek post. Every one knows that different games are better played on different platforms.

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    tell that to the console gamers

sports games/racing games? perfect for console. wii is perfect for on-rails shooters.

FPS,RTS, RPG? inarguably better on PC.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I own a wired xbox 360 controller and in some games, example racing games where u can't setup the deadzone. The car is slightly bordering to the left. :(

P.S- I love the Wii. Though i don't own one. :(

Actually i disagree. You can dominate FPS games with keyboard and mouse, and can dominate sports games, certain games like SF:IV with a controller and dominate racing games with a controller or a driving wheel. Only console a PC can't compete with is the Wii, but i get the feeling in a few more years PC will be having motion sensitive controllers.

Well what i'm trying to point out is that due to the compatibility of the PC, a PC gamer can dominate almost every game out there.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  5. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I tried that before and it just didnt feel right. When your using a keyboard and mouse you need a good, sturdy surface :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Lol, they finally got it that gamepad cannot be ever as precise as keyboard+mouse. You can be good with it but mouse is just mouse. It's like trying to play a fast FPS game with a trackball. It just wor't work that well...

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Read the article.

It's just explaining how the platform could not exsist with two totally different contol schemes, how in anyway does that indicate PC gamers are better?, because HP says so?. Yes the majority of FPS games feel better on a PC, wheres the mystery?. Consoles still play certain games better then PC does and vice versa, that's the way of the world. Then again it still depends on the person, there's no definitive answer to whats better and whats not. Just because one is faster at aiming doesn't mean that platform is best.. you may have the upper hand, but that doesn't indicate that you all of a sudden own everyone in game.

8. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    LOL, when its on a level playing field, skill comes into play. What youve basically said is, if your a PC gamer, you can beat anyone. So some random guy playing Street Fighter IV on his PC, using a joystick, could beat a world class SFIV champion (also using a joystick).....he could, but its HIGHLY unlikely, because the individuals skill makes all the difference.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Lets just put it this way,the way they market console for "casual" gamers is actually they want to lure hardcore gamers aswell how else do you always see millions playing same game over and over again I.E COD:MW2 on Ps3 and 360,you get these people play for several hours non stop.
    Fighting Games is always best played in a arcade,specially Street Fighter.

10. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry about that. Thats not exactly how i wanted it to sound like lol. All i'm saying is that a good player with skill can easily play any game of any genre well on the PC since it supports KB+mouse, controller etc etc.. And ofcourse im not an idiot lol. :laugh: A world class SFIV champion will pawn that noob. :roll:

11. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    What he meant is that the PC can't be the limiting factor in most, if not all, games genres, so if you have enough skill, you can dominate, but the other way around isn't true, consoles have limitations in RPGs FPSs and RTSs, the link in the OP is an example of that! Seeing how xbox 360 peripherals work flawlessly on the PC (controllers, wheel) I may even go forward and guess that MS kinect (Natal) will be supported on PCs in the future, as soon as a supporting game is released, bringing a whole new era to PC g!

mdsx1950 says thanks.
  12. HookeyStreet

Thanks Received:
    :D

This is getting confusing now :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:

Thanks. That was exactly what i was trying to point out. :toast:

14. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    Unreal tournament and quake (3 i think?) on PS2 used mouse and keyboard, and the 360 and PS3 both have USB ports, it's just that dev's are too lazy to code support in nowadays.

I've also seen a fair few pc games badly ported from the console version, yet they do not support any kind of game pad

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    I think it's that they aren't allowed to because they would have to code in drivers for pretty much all the mice and keyboards that could be used.

16. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    Example? Oh never mind, all top shelf PC games support the 360 controller, and most of them are optimized for it in a way that hints and menus refer to the X,Y,A,B... buttons , and when the wired OEM version can be found for $25, which works PnP with no additional cost of a wireless receiver... well you get the idea!

Examples of PC games optimized for the xbox 360 controller:

Shooter: Crysis & Warhead, Lost Planet, Bioshock 1 & 2, Call of Juarez BinB, Chronicles of Riddick ADA, Resident Evil 5, Half Life 2 (Ep 1 & 2, not sure about the original) and Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Dead Space
    Almost all racing games released in 2007 or later: Dirt 1&2, Grid, Blur, Split second, NFS (prostreet, undercover & shift), Feul, Burnout paradise
    RPGs: ES4:Oblivion, Fallout3, Last Remnant
    Sandbox games: GTA IV, Wheelman, Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla
    Platformers : POP 2008 & FS, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, Batman AA, Trine, Tomb Raider (legend, anniversary and Underworld)
    Sport Games: FIFA, Pro-evolution Soccer
    Others: Overlord II, Devil May Cry 4, JC's Avatar, Splinter Cell Conviction, Transformers War for Cyberton, HAWX, Battlestations Pacific, Ninja Blade, Velvet Assassin

Those are only the games I tested myself (some were finished using the 360 controllers, see my sig pic!), I'm sure others can add several more!

17. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    Is that your setup in you sig? How the hell could a 360 gamer stand a chance to a setup like that? :laugh: You'd probably see them before they knew you were around.

18. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    It is my rig, I'm a PC gamer through and through, I enjoy PC hardware as much as, or more than lately, games ! I never owned a console, but i tried the PS3 of my friend, and it's nothing compared to my old 8800GT-E6750 rig!! Its only strength is the exclusive titles it has.

Champ says thanks.
  19. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I feel the same. I love hardware more than gaming...but I really love gaming too.

20. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    don't forget larger ammo clips.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Meh, better is a strong word. Different controls and so on yadayada. Obviously they have to make the controls different. It's a personal preference thing.

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Playing those games on PC with a controller voids the point of PC gaming imo.

I absolutly love hardware and gaming to, but saying that your only experiance with a console was at your friends house shouldn't be the decider in whether ot not you enjoy consoles. The point of consoles are games, saying you dislike most of the games on there is legitimate though.

23. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I thought this thread would be full of hell ya!

But alot of skepticism for some dam reason, alot of arguing, and bad topics and opinions

I wouldn't side with a 360 other then its massive community and RGB connectors for my tv people. :roll:

Game creators literally start making there games on the PC

Inverting to beta disk on the 360 later.

PC you can Edit, Feel, Change, Make, Observe

On a 360 you can just Feel, Observe

so PC rapes the end, I have more specific reasons I wont get into detail with. :D

24. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    I know a guy who plays his games with a trackball. He does a good job and says that it's more accurate than a mouse since it won't ever stick during small movements.

25. DrPepper

Thanks Received:
    He's probably right there. Incredibly hard to learn though.