• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Werid Thing Happend with softmod

B

BossXPRO

When i first softmodded my 9800se 256-bit i got white dots everywhere in most games, mainly doom 3 to the point it was unplayable. Soo i :mad: and was tryin everything i could possibly thing of before giving up> Finally it workd when i pumpd up the volt from 1.5 to 1.7 in my bois for the agp and i give the softmod another try. I still get white dots but its soo small that you really dont notice it :D :D :D. I'm just wondering why pumping up the volts help fix my artifact problem soo MUCH!!!!

ati.bob

Increasing too much voltage will make your card more stable, but it will also make your card hotter.. if it's over the allowed limit, the whole system just might go BOOM.. :D

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
ati.bob said:
Increasing too much voltage will make your card more stable, but it will also make your card hotter.. if it's over the allowed limit, the whole system just might go BOOM.. :D

No Bob it won't go BOOM it'll be more of a KABOOM :D

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
BossXPRO said:
When i first softmodded my 9800se 256-bit i got white dots everywhere in most games, mainly doom 3 to the point it was unplayable. Soo i :mad: and was tryin everything i could possibly thing of before giving up> Finally it workd when i pumpd up the volt from 1.5 to 1.7 in my bois for the agp and i give the softmod another try. I still get white dots but its soo small that you really dont notice it :D :D :D. I'm just wondering why pumping up the volts help fix my artifact problem soo MUCH!!!!

Boss, AtiBob makes a good point in regards to increasing the AGP voltage. It will increase the heat but shouldn't be a lot. I think you can use the ATITool to verify the temp... but white dots are usually from ocing the card to high...

B

BossXPRO

I kno that increasing the AGP voltage would probably burn out my card and maybe my computer, I was just wondering why when I did increase my AGP voltage, my softmod artifacts problem was mostly fixed. I went from having 95% of artifacts all over the screen to only have about 7%. :D :D :D ALL of my games but mainly DooM 3 are finally PLAYABLE with the softmod. :D :cool: :D