• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
So what's the goal with all them mods? Why do you go in for it so much?

To me, it's just a bit a need for "vanilla +". Things that I looked at or somewhat sensed in the back of my mind during vanilla play and said "Y'know, using this or that could make this better." I actually don't transform the game much or alter textures very much.. and yet I still reach a plugin limit (Old Skyrim plugin limit is 252 esps or something). Also, some mods have multiple esps, so those tend to stack up.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
Better character building, adding objects from lore and fixing said retconned lore. AI that's actually competent in fighting and uses everything they have at you. Updated visuals that were lack-luster compared to games even released few years prior. Adding and augmenting existing game mechanics to add more variety. Skill system that makes more sense, for example training in one-handed also gives flat bonuses to two-handed. Content for early/mid/late game. And best of all alternate starts. What if? We weren't Dragonborn... and simply start as a companion while during quests with actual consequences.

There are so many things that I wanted the game to have from the start but it didn't, and that is why I couldn't enjoy it past the first time I played it. I can get best armor in the game without trying. It feels like I achieved nothing. The biggest problem I have with the vanilla game is the main quest. Within the first hours of the game you find out you are bad-ass dragon slaying Nord (canon?) that has the soul of a Dragon. You can avoid the main quest and do other things, but everyone constantly references the dragons and Dragonborn, that's all the game focuses on, apart from the civil war it's like nothing else really matters or has consequences.

Everything looked the same, I met the same people, I killed the same creatures, I did the same quests and I got the same unbalanced rewards with enemies that are sponges on higher difficulties. It just turns into a grindy unenjoyable game. I crave variety and that runs out pretty quick in the un-modded version.

Without the lore the game has nothing for it to be fair... And even that is being run into the ground for the power-fantasy. Good for those kinds people that like being a bad-ass with an immortal dragon soul all the time.

But what about the people that like actual role-playing? It doesn't have to be hardcore like some of the overhaul mods. But they didn't give us an option. There's little choice. For something that calls itself RPG Sandbox it was lack-luster and didn't live up to the hardcore audience, mainly the people who really enjoyed Morrowind and games in similar spirit.

I love the lore to bits, it's very interesting, but the current game director made the Skyrim and Fallout 4 do not have much in common with it's lore anymore...
Remove the Dragonborn and some other quests, and Skyrim becomes a cookie cutter RPG that might as well be named something else. Fallout 4, it's not a Fallout game, not by a long-shot. It caries the name but none of the spirit that made the first 3 main titles. It's a good game, but it's not Fallout.

Bethesda Game Studios lost almost all of what made it unique, due to ZeniMax, now they follow the footsteps of Ubisoft and EA. They'll probably find some way to mess up their new IP too. I lost all hope, when I found out the Creation Engine is same old ****.

I'm not saying game development is easy, but with the time and resources BGS has, they could can do much, much better.

What mods do is give you the tools to fill that sandbox and build something wonderful in it. And even re-shape it to your heart's desire. This is just a single example for one of their games. I can play Morrowind with using just a few mods and visual updates, that's it. It's just right as is. Skyrim always had a bunch of missed potential, and barely fleshed out game mechanics that had a lot to be desired. Your choices and achievements are a footnote. The game holds you by the hand and treats you like an infant. Shouts are just powers that is just an updated spell system from Oblivion that isn't useful anymore past a certain point because they do not scale, the ridiculous cooldown amount makes most of the shouts useless, a lot of the "new" game mechanics came at the last minute from games that already had them, so they weren't anything "new". The list goes on, but the biggest travesty is the departure from roleplaying.

Mods are literally able to remedy that, it's a band-aid. But a very powerful one. I put blood, sweat and tears to try and get close to what I envisioned some of these games to be, but they never lived up to my expectations. They didn't even bother to re-add the cut content for the re-releases. Something that mods do.

I'm not playing full-price for an unfinished game. End of. That is why I bought them on sale, I vote with my wallet.

Developers just don't seem to listen, they say do, but they don't. Bethesda used to have their own forums where they took community feedback! That was a lot of inspiration for a lot of things including the lore itself for TES! I wonder what happened to that!?

Slightly unrelated but, Hell you could play the modded Lost in Nightmare chapters in RE5 PC port before the PC Gold Edition was ever released. It took Crapcom years to add something that we already had!

My whole motivation to modding is creating. It's much easier to simply destroy something or ignore it. No wonder there are a bunch of peed-off people (myself included) on forums ever since Internet was conceived.

TL;DR - Mods breath life into a corpse that developers parade around and saying it's the new and better experience. Not a lot is really new, everything else is recycled.

What a simple question, and a confusing answer. No regrets.

Last edited:
System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
You know what they say. Keep it simple-stupid. But I am obsessed with mods, when I compare the main game to a modded one
thou art not alone! mods can add a lot of things from a simple follower, better textures or new quest to a whole total conversion and that's what make Skyrim so alive ...

well the modders do better than the dev and publisher thus: MOD IT UNTIL IT CRASH! rinse and repeat. (for me it's a part of the game, to make it work )

and ... pfeh ... SE?
maxresdefault.jpg
between the 3 .... the clearly superior is the vanilla modded :laugh: (okay okay ... we can mod the "remaster" ... but well for now ... not all mods i like in Skyrim are ported to SE or working with SE, thus: inferior product.)

the only game i don't mod from Beth's is Doom (2016) since unlike the other ... that one is pretty much complete (how unusual for Beth's )

Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
thou art not alone! mods can add a lot of things from a simple follower, better textures or new quest to a whole total conversion and that's what make Skyrim so alive ...

well the modders do better than the dev and publisher thus: MOD IT UNTIL IT CRASH! rinse and repeat. (for me it's a part of the game, to make it work )

and ... pfeh ... SE?
View attachment 105308
between the 3 .... the clearly superior is the vanilla modded :laugh: (okay okay ... we can mod the "remaster" ... but well for now ... not all mods i like in Skyrim are ported to SE or working with SE, thus: inferior product.)

the only game i don't mod from Beth's is Doom (2016) since unlike the other ... that one is pretty much complete (how unusual for Beth's )
Skyrim LE is superior from mod availability stand-point, some of the major prerequisites that are SKSE plugins cannot be ported to SE because mod author did not provide any source code or gave permission to port it, it's worse when the author cannot understand English.

Graphically SE can look better than than modded LE, the problem is many of the great looking Reshade/ENB hybrid presets aren't available. And most of LE textures can be used on SE with no problems and meshes can be converted easily. I've done this with my own mega-merge and the pseudo-HDT havok physics work fine.

Performance wise, SE should run faster than LE on newer graphics cards. The engine manages to be more stable with the same fixes applied.

BGS had no hands with Doom (2016), it was the merged id software staff that did everything AFAIK, but it is funny that the publisher seemed to interfere little with the product. It's BGS sticking out their rear-end for the publisher arm of the company that made me give up on the TES and Fallout franchise, the only reason those games are replayable are mods, and I didn't hear it from them saying that it's what keeps those games still relevant today. I still prefer the original modded with D4D weapons on Brutal Doom. Plus there are millions of wads to play. I see no custom campaigns for Doom (2016).

Last edited:
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
Graphically SE can look better than than modded LE,
muh ... well not in my opinion ... nor the previous pic i posted fully agree ;)
ah ... i can't help but think SE is what Beth's made stealing idea from what modders did with LE (luckily since i got SE for free i am not really complaining, but still ... )

if mod availability is what make LE superior then LE is superior :laugh:

Graphically SE can look better than than modded LE, the problem is many of the great looking Reshade/ENB hybrid presets aren't available. And most of LE textures can be used on SE with no problems
not thinking so either ... :)

Performance wise, SE should run faster than LE on newer graphics cards.
well i am fine at 60fps (well 59.5) 255 mods (14 mod pack preset tho :laugh: ) and a heavy ENB

BGS had no hands with Doom (2016), it was the merged id software staff that did everything AFAIK, but it is funny that the publisher seemed to interfere little with the product.
well, thus why it was complete :laugh:

I still prefer the original modded with D4D weapons on Brutal Doom. Plus there are millions of wads to play. I see no custom campaigns for Doom (2016).
well ... i meant 2016 because i wads'ed the hell out of DOOM, DOOM II and Final DOOM :roll:

VR HMD Oculus Rift S
well i am fine at 60fps (well 59.5) 255 mods (14 mod pack preset tho :laugh: ) and a heavy ENB
ENB/Reshade combo running at 75 capped, some dips to below 60. I see you're running a 1070 too. The physics don't glitch out either, nor does the water. Too bad either of the games don't run like this out-of-the-box.

Did they ever manage to get rid of cell border load lag on LE? It caused micro-stutters that happen when new cells have to load. That just broke the camel's back and I went to SE.

Regardless I'm helping with the efforts to port stuff to SE while fixing the bugs left when the mod was abandoned. I see a lot of followers being ported, but one very ambitious mod won't make it... due to that mentioned SKSE plugin shortage, there's an SSE port but it's bugged and unstable and is on hold because the mod author is going rapid-fire on patches on the main LE page.

Last edited:
System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I don't like ENBs or SE's looks lol. But I'll take SE for overall stability and less script lag and ability to run more script heavy mods at a time (that's what LE is really poor at).

SE only looks like shit because that oversaturated look became popular with ENB and some weather mods. They all equally suck. If I could just get LE's generally blue-ish/winter look with volumetric improvements and better shadows from SE, I'd be happy. That original look was perfect.. it's practically the same in most "winter heavy" media. I mean, you won't see a Game of Thrones episode with that shitty oversaturation. They'd be laughed at. But for some reason, in Skyrim mod-land, it's a plus to some people.

Even before ENBs became popular, it seemed the gamer community still didn't like it, and criticized Skyrim's dull palette. But it was purposeful.

VR HMD Oculus Rift S
I don't like ENBs or SE's looks lol. But I'll take SE for overall stability and less script lag and ability to run more script heavy mods at a time (that's what LE is really poor at).

SE only looks like shit because that oversaturated look became popular with ENB and some weather mods. They all equally suck. If I could just get LE's generally blue-ish/winter look with volumetric improvements and better shadows from SE, I'd be happy. That original look was perfect.. it's practically the same in most "winter heavy" media. I mean, you won't see a Game of Thrones episode with that shitty oversaturation.
I mean it's possible to have that, ENB has near full control of lighting, and re-shade can help with the colors. It would just take a lot of time to get that aesthetic right. (Hehe aesthethicc)

I used to be in love with bloom and what-not in games, but now it looks like Vaseline smeared all over the screen. So when I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R again, it felt so natural.

The dull palette wouldn't be so bad if they didn't screw with the shadows and lighting, LE had some of the worst I had seen that time for that current console gen.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I mean it's possible to have that, ENB has near full control of lighting, and re-shade can help with the colors. It would just take a lot of time to get that aesthetic right. (Hehe aesthethicc)

I've tried. I've used ENB on LE with only the most barebone settings and turned on only godrays and some other things and it still does funky things.. especially face textures render a bit differently.

I've tried making my own mods that migrated the old Skyrim colorspaces to SE's - and I can get the overall look of LE... but the fog and godrays are too intense with this setting. I probably need to adjust these too, but it's beyond my limits. edit: I can completely turn off godrays though.. but that's not the greatest option either.

VR HMD Oculus Rift S
I've tried. I've used ENB on LE with only the most barebone settings and turned on only godrays and some other things and it still does funky things.. especially face textures render a bit differently.

I've tried making my own mods that migrated the old Skyrim colorspaces to SE's - and I can get the overall look of LE... but the fog and godrays are too intense with this setting. I probably need to adjust these too, but it's beyond my limits. edit: I can completely turn off godrays though.. but that's not the greatest option either.
Gameplay-wise nodoubt LE is still go-to for anyone. I will admit SE looks "off" even with a different paint-job (ENB/ReShade) it's still the same damn game no matter how you cut it.

4 of my favorite ENB presets are still LE only. They give the saturated fantasy look during days and in warmer climates, and desaturated bleak-ness at night and cold climates. Weather and time-of-day settings are a powerful thing.

I'm just wondering how well both versions will age as the next console gen comes around.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Gameplay-wise nodoubt LE is still go-to for anyone. I will admit SE looks "off" even with a different paint-job (ENB/ReShade) it's still the same damn game no matter how you cut it.

I'm just wondering how well both versions will age as the next console gen comes around.

Like I said, I've decided to just live with SE.. because of the stability. I run a few script heavy things that are often persistent (Wet n Cold, Footprints, some gore stuff), along with more NPCs.. and then bring in script heavy combat mods (like DCO/Deadly Dragons ports), and it runs without a hitch. This is a bit laggy on LE.

VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Like I said, I've decided to just live with SE.. because of the stability. I run a few script heavy things that are often persistent (Wet n Cold, Footprints, some gore stuff), along with add many more NPCs.. and then bring in script heavy combat mods (like DCO/Deadly Dragons ports), and it runs without a hitch. This is a bit laggy on LE.
You're not running into the newly discovered papyrusVM crash. Huuuuuh... Okay.

For me it's enough to run 1 heavily scripted combat follower with "phases" and spells that look like straight out of an anime (For testing purposes and remodeling for my mega-merge). Or just running the newer versions of XPMS. Because the stupid thing will apply weapon scaling scripts on every NPC in sight and crash the game. The newest version mentions something about fixing that, but I'm not willing to break something that actually works now.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
You're not running into the newly discovered papyrusVM crash. Huuuuuh... Okay.

What's that? I haven't played in awhile.. planned to. But never saw that before.

VR HMD Oculus Rift S
What's that? I haven't played in awhile.. planned to. But never saw that before.
Guess those are pretty stable now, huh? I've been avoiding wet and cold/footprints like the plague since LE.
It's a crash that happens when the script thread just poops itself (Too much looping). Engine Fixes does nothing about it. And there silence about it from the mod author for now. I thought maybe the buffer could be extended or something to deal with the extra active script threads.

Since I know almost nothing about C++ or Visual Studio. I couldn't help in the endeavor other than provide memory dumps.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Guess those are pretty stable now, huh? I've been avoiding wet and cold/footprints like the plague since LE.

Oh yeah, no probs so far. Although combining Frostfall and Wet n Cold seems to cause probs for some people (but I decided to use the Creation Club's survival.. which is actually pretty good imho). Footprints is especially revamped and not what it once was.

edit: Gonna blame Frostfall in that btw.. it hasn't seen an update in awhile.

VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Anyway it's late and we're running the thread now. :D You guys had some good points and I appreciated the input.

Somehow it feels like the wounds are healing after Immersive Encounters have made a save unplayable (removing the mod helps). So I'm staying off-of playing Skyrim for a while. Even if it will take some catching up later.

I don't do wholesome, non-ragey posts like this. So don't get used to it. I'm trying to decide between Dark Souls III and Warhammer 40K: Dark Crusade to close-up the day. I think I need to pick the latter. (Xenos rule)

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I have the maximum number of mods allowed, alll perfectly harmonized to work perfectly.

What I get are several huge quest lines, a score of additional dungeons, several additional lands (one of the creators was so good Bethesda hired him), numerous towns, and expansions on the “cities.” I get enhanced trade and an actual working economy. I get vastly improved dialogue choices by player and NPC’s as well as better background conversations.

I get numerous additional NPC’s, and whether they are recruitable or not, they add a lot to a sparsely populated world.

I get the single most intelligent and unique NPC ever made (Inigo). His AI is phenomenal and has been programmed for nearly anything the Player does and object he carries or owns. He comments on locations, and has been programmed to hold complete Independant conversations with numerous other npc’s, some of whom come with the game. He feels 100 times more real than anything Beth made.

I get real ecosystems of flora and fauna the behaves more realistically. I get a huge expansion on the companions guild, which was begging for an expanded and deeper quest line. I get expansions on weapons and armor and a vastly more immersive smithing mod. Things like a simple cowherd and his cows by a river go a long way to make it more.

Pretty much this is just the tip of the iceberg, but should give you an idea what I get out of mods.

Yes, I always play every Bethesda game without mods the first time. Those that are intensely moddable such as the Fallout series and TES series are seriously lacking, and I then find mods after to fill in what I feel is missing.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Agreed, FO4's gunplay is pretty sweet it felt more natural, but even then I'd have awkward moments when aiming, but once you get used to it.
A lot of times I used VATS, enemy was right next to me in Fallout 4. Weirdness ensues. :roll:

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
I don't really play it as a typical shooter. My main character is the female.. made her a "lawyer" (like her canon career). I have a different theme for every Fallout (sci-fi/cowboy/etc).

VR HMD Medion Erazer
being a fan of Shin Megami Tensei series ... (anime/game/manga, Devil summoner/Persona/Devil Survivor/classic) i guess i was waiting for one like that one ...

a true SMT game on mobile (f2p with micro transaction but ... well i did play "SMT:Imagine Online" before, so it's not a biggie :laugh: )
Dx2, good thing it does give you the option, on start screen, to download the full data set (after a benchmark determining the settings for you phone )
Screenshot_20180814-090116.pngScreenshot_20180814-090015.png

got surprised by the game's main theme and opening video (a true SMT indeed )
and the OST is just as awesome ...

gameplay wise it's quite nice, graphically not bad at all
Screenshot_20180814-094159.png

and... well uh? someone is not quite right in the head (well ... who is? no one is normal everyone is weird :laugh: )
Screenshot_20180814-094823.png

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
But what about the people that like actual role-playing? It doesn't have to be hardcore like some of the overhaul mods. But they didn't give us an option. There's little choice. For something that calls itself RPG Sandbox it was lack-luster and didn't live up to the hardcore audience, mainly the people who really enjoyed Morrowind and games in similar spirit.
Gotta +1 this. They should call most of these "Fantasy Games", not RPGs. Too few of them actively encourage players actually immersing themselves in their character, and responding to the world as that character.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
Progress on my 4th playthrough for ME: Andromeda... Completed Eos (aka Habitat 1), though Viability is still at 76%. Now onto Onaon (that's how I spell it??), meeting with the Angarans.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Case Corsair C70
Software Win 10 Pro
Gotta +1 this. They should call most of these "Fantasy Games", not RPGs. Too few of them actively encourage players actually immersing themselves in their character, and responding to the world as that character.

I think TES does that well actually.. even without having good dialogue choices. It allows roleplay through your reactions to the environment at least (and that environment is fairly dynamic and rarely scripted.. at least in relation to most games). But first the player needs to meet it halfway and simply decide who their character is.. and stay in that mode. Once you've gotten a feel for that, then you'll end up roleplaying automatically. If some crazy old woman comes running at you in the middle of the night, seemingly rambling nonsense.. If you're a good guy, you're going to roleplay through that and try to figure her out. If you're an asshole, you're going to chop her down. lol. There's no narrative handholding, but it's still pretty flexible about reflecting whatever psychology your character has.