• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Picked up a copy of World War Z from the EGS. Anyone else think it's really a close copy of L4D?
I have been on the fence since it came out. I’ll be interested in your first hand account of whether it’s good.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
I have been on the fence since it came out. I’ll be interested in your first hand account of whether it’s good.

Played a few missions last night with my sons. It's pretty frantic and gets your heart pumping. We all thought it was just like L4D with a few improvements. You know it's free right now, right?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I swear, I never get bored of playing, messing with, or writing about Skyrim. If Bethesda never actually has a hit like that again, I might be kinda okay with it. What would a game more 'Skyrim' than Skyrim even look like? For all of its flaws, there's nothing like it... which isn't the worst thing. I have gotten such ridiculous milage out of the only Skyrim currently ever to be available to humanity, that it kinda seems acceptable to let someone else have the "newest, bestest thing" category. My money is on CDPR! No, literally...

I mean, who needs a better Skyrim when people have already made it? Right? There are even some focused people working really hard (and largely succeeding) to bring Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim's engine. And then maybe people can mod that, too! Maybe asking certain things of Bethesda is looking to the wrong people...

Do you think Bethesda knows? I think they gotta kinda know it, right?

Skyrim is full of surprises when you have Cathedral Weathers and some good ENB. I've been using it for a while and never seen anything like this. It was pretty wild to see. Dialing-in on the ENB weather module was super-rewarding here. Sometimes you're making a ton of tweaks and somehow it's just not happening. Other times, it can be completely intuitive, where every subtle adjustment makes it even more amazing than you imagined it could be. And then, before you know it, you're playing a game that looks like this...
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 00-54-45.jpg

Back when Skyrim came out, I was on a downswing with gaming. Very socially active, working a lot, and a ton of problems/drama in my life. But I remember how some of my friends were all about it, saying it was the most beautiful game ever. From what little I saw on console, I thought it looked okay and had been assuming that it would indeed look very good, if cranked on a high-end machine (lol!) But over time, this image became probably the closest to what I saw it as being like in my head, without having really seen much of it myself. This is what I pictured whenever someone hyped up Skyrim's graphics (because that's how they talked about it) and I just sort of accepted it at face-value :laugh: In my subconscious, this was how Skyrim existed as a concept. Imagine the disappointment!

From where I was initially, I didn't even see this at all. I just happened to get curious with the sun at my back and turned around to check it out. I've been trying to make myself do this more, since the ENB I'm using isn't made for this weather mod at all, I need to be able to catch as many bad/weak matches as possible, which literally means going weather by weather... over dozens of them with 24 distinct hours each. It's interesting when you do this... you see how the images come together in more tangible ways and start to see how to make things come together how you want them. Getting it to look awesome has become like a game in itself for me. It's really satisfying to be able to deconstruct the image and go in to change those things one by one until it looks exactly like you pictured. It's a lot like developing film with chemicals. Takes time and patience, you're going on a vague idea of what is most faithful to the source material, and the process itself isn't any more straightforward. But once you get it down, you understand the value in the different steps and appreciate the results in new ways. It's a mix of art and rigor - really works your whole brain.

I only wish I could take all of the credit. I'm just taking an already excellent ENB with the best shaders made for the game and making it compatible with the best weather mod made for the game. I only need the sensibilities gleaned from playing the game, plus a little know-how. The people behind RudyENB, Cathedral Weathers, and ENB itself needed more than just double of both... they needed actual talent for development. Something I don't have. Better for me that way. I don't have to work as hard to get what I want. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is what I saw that made me turn out there to see what was going on and mess with it. I had a hunch there was some hidden crazy between a few things in this image. The fog was purple and the sunlight was very warm-looking. The same light affecting two things so differently usually makes a path for dramatic imagery.
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 00-44-07.png

It was only after I had a vantage of the sun and turned to face it that the sky lit up with that glorious volumetric light. Volumetric light is of course relative to angle, as is anything it hits. Cathedral's many fog and sky layers all have slightly different colors - a couple dozen each if I'm not mistaken, meaning that as the angle relative to you and the sun changes, so does the color/saturation, to give you really sweet gradients stretching across the depth plane. You're basically at the center of a sphere where the light is arranged like a Gobstopper. You play around with the curves, saturation, opacity, density, etc of the different layers until they blend nicely, designating the colors of sunlight for different points in the range. Each attribute thus alters how the volumetric light behaves. A good, balanced LUT then tones it out to make it more cohesive and distinct. This one leans cool at lower saturation and warm at higher. Just VERY slightly.

From the last of these shots, you can see Solitude, and then further back, you can see the Alftand Ruins (where you enter Blackreach for the main quest) jutting off of the cliff side, and then further BEYOND that you can see the shrine of Azura pushing that glorious sun into the sky from her mountaintop. From the Daedric prince of life and energy, I see the Daedric prince of dawn and dusk. It's so weird to happen to pass by a place where you can see one from the other, and be there just for that one time the sky turned pink as hell. It's like the game is saying 'good morning' to me in the most lore-conscious way possible... with the visual equivalent to fellatio. So... very immediately euphoric, and initially a little scary, but ultimately you're just glad it's happening :p
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 00-46-33.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 00-58-53.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 00-57-58.jpg
I also saw a good chance to highlight how much matching ENB with the right weather mod really counts for in these images.
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 01-01-43.jpg
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 01-01-45.jpg

If I swapped the weather mod, I would never get the first image, no matter how I tried. The ENB is just ENB - you can tailor it to do this only with a solid baseline. A good ENB is configured specifically to bring as much magic as possible out of individual weathers. But I suppose that's always the case. Post processing has to be tailored to weather in order to create the mood. People talk like it's the least important part of the image, like games focus too much on it. I disagree so hard - while not THE most important part, its impact and reach aren't exactly subtle. These two images are barely the same game to me. Maybe people are confused on what it actually encompasses and think it's just extra. You would hate your favorite game's graphics if it wasn't done right, though! ...I appreciate good image processing in games. Just having a sun giving off different shades of volumetric light changes the whole dynamic. And then a host of other things build on it.

Skyrim's default processing doesn't do a good job of that, IMO (obviously I'm not a minimalist there... heh.) To me it is very very bland and stark. Weather mods that try to get around it usually wind up looking overdone, like a giant stuffed animal packed into a tiny plexi box - held back by the game's built-in processing shortcomings. But as you can see, the right weather mod has a lot to offer when it's given a fairer chance. That's why I STILL more credit the weather mod. Some respond much better to post-work than others. An ENB is only as good as what goes under it. Cathedral gives you the best range of looks I've seen in that department. The more I play around with it, the more I understand why the guy who made Obsidian declared it an inferior version of this.
I thought Cathedral was like a nicer version of Obsidian. Very laid-back, subdued fantasy vibes - the images are colorfully exaggerated, but it's done in such a natural, not-bright way that you don't realize how much emphasis actually is on color. So I was surprised as shit to see that peacock friggin sunrise. Generally, the look I've best gotten by dialing in the weathers is more like these. Chill and hazy, strongly atmospheric vibes. All of the VERY subtle tone shifts in the fog/sky layers usually lend well to that. Just goes to show that the 'filmic' look isn't always about strong colors. To me, it's about the dynamic with whatever colors you have. A fine range of subtle colors can give that effect - that final sheen, without jumping out at you and ruining itself 5 minutes later, when you realize how bright/contrasty everything is :laugh: I'm telling you though! The difference between old/clunky and new/pretty is 90% in the colors. Don't need vibrant pallets to convey a sense of depth... if anything, it can flatten things. All of the stuff in these images is certifiably old hat at this point, but it doesn't look it to me!
SkyrimSE 2020-04-01 00-17-09.jpg

SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 22-04-54.jpg
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 22-58-48.jpg
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 23-31-37.jpg
SkyrimSE 2020-03-24 00-27-24.jpg
SkyrimSE 2020-03-31 23-29-19.jpg
Still some work to do on the custom ENB. I need to fix the gamma a little bit. And every now and then a screwed-up weather pops out. And then there's deciding when they actually should be faded/darker. They all take forever to dial in. But it's so worth it.

EDIT: I found the perfect example so people can understand what I am 'fixing' here.
SkyrimSE 2020-04-02 00-44-24cram.jpg

The one on the right is what Cathedral Weathers gives you with no ENB. The leftmost is what my ENB does to it before being configured for that weather. This a mild case, but hopefully it gives a better idea of how much control ENB has over the image... and what I'm actually doing. A lot of weathers roll out like this with this ENB - often it is new to the mod, so the profile is "zeroed-out" completely. Other times, the colors for the mod it was set-up for originally are just completely different, despite looking similar, different layers almost play different roles. The really cloudy/foggy/stormy weathers are very difficult to get right because of all of those different fog layers behaving so differently. And then the sky parameters seem to go into quantum operating states. You get bizarre colors and flipped silhouettes. I've seen much worse lol. When I fix it, it will look more like the other foggy, gray screenshot in this post, instead of AstroRim. o_O

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Played a few missions last night with my sons. It's pretty frantic and gets your heart pumping. We all thought it was just like L4D with a few improvements. You know it's free right now, right?
Yeah, I guess I can’t argue with that price!

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
A compiled screenshots of the new seasonal ornaments for the armor, shotgun & SMG. (will put as thumbnail)

1085660_20200331232933_1.png1085660_20200331232942_1.png1085660_20200331233007_1.png1085660_20200331233021_1.png1085660_20200331233032_1.png1085660_20200331233044_1.png1085660_20200331233113_1.png

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Back into Pathfinder: Kingmaker. A few dozen hours in and once again arrived at the end of the Season of Bloom, which is where my last playthrough pretty much ended (burned out from it).

But now... totally reinvigorated after having played earlier D&D-like cRPGs... Pathfinder has so many quality of life features compared to ye olde Baldurs Gate and NWN (and spinoffs). I'm actually digging the Kingdom building now, which really is a careful game of timing your events right and meanwhile getting stuff done on the adventure map.

I've also finally figured out how to get effective melee combatants in the party. Got a trippin' Rogue- spellcaster that can pretty much Trip anything that has legs now, and carrying a massive elven curved blade for good measure :) (Yes, it can sneak attack with two handers). Found a use for Teamwork Feats (totally glossed over in first playthrough)... this shit is really deep. I'm still discovering new tricks within my current party setup... and it contains just a small handful of the two dozen classes you can pick.

If you're still waiting anxiously on BG3 and/or like similar games... you just have to get into Pathfinder Kingmaker and give it time to mature. Its an acquired taste. But it tastes DAMN GOOD. Make sure you have a few hundred hours to spare though.

It also looks the part, and yes, I like Aasimar :p

Basically, if you've played NWN2; Storm of Zehir campaign, you can expect similar here. A free roam, quest guided world map comprised of separate, small maps with events, a home town and connected assets with their own progression path. What Pathfinder stacks on top of that, is sheer size and depth, and full on kingdom management. Quests generally emerge from advancing your Kingdom's stats, the storyline connected to that and a bunch of other triggers. Its pretty dynamic, which is cool; last playthrough I was in the same chapter and quest as below, but at 550 'game days' in, now I'm only at day 311 and progressed further.

What's really cool about this game is that it doesn't hold your hand too much. You can easily run into a level 18 wyrm (you actually do, if you go out exploring, pretty quickly) as a level 6 party. Its entirely up to you whether or not you take on such a challenge. No linearity and no level scaling. It really is like a pen and paper RPG with total freedom.

Last playthrough Kingdom management was going downhill (too many problems to attend to, which drops Kingdom stats and pushes you further back along progression, slowly spiralling out of control) at this point. Now, everything is smooth as butter and I actually have 'time' to improve my cities and council advisors (NPCs) further. Its a challenging game, but it feels really good to get on top of things.

Kingmaker_2020_04_02_12_28_57_576.jpg

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
During the week I farm away in Stardew Valley. Just throw some podcast in the background and hours go by.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I mean, who needs a better Skyrim when people have already made it? Right? There are even some focused people working really hard (and largely succeeding) to bring Morrowind and Oblivion to Skyrim's engine. And then maybe people can mod that, too! Maybe asking certain things of Bethesda is looking to the wrong people...

Do you think Bethesda knows? I think they gotta kinda know it, right?

Bethesda knows, but Todd himself is clearly still in denial. That is why we got FO76. Its also why we got Elder Scrolls Online. You can't reasonably mod that to make it better, and the files are not transferrable to any other TES game. A nice little walled garden/cash cow. Its going to be a real surprise what they will do with TESVI, but I reckon it will be FO76 all over again. A weird mess of forced online with private server capability. They will try to shove that up our throat again, and if you buy premium sub, you can mod it as you like. Just you wait... :) They've already got a unified launcher.

Beautiful pics man. I'd never be able to delve into that as much as you. But... if you ever get a nice rounded package of visual mods together...I'm dying to copy it from you :)

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
System Name Massi
Processor Intel i5 10600K, 6 core @5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 GAMING X
Cooling Corsair H115i PRO 280mm
Memory Corsair 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus 5700 XT OC 8GB
Storage 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Asus 27" PG278QR TN LED 1ms, 2560x1440, 165hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 450D, Noctua fans in front, up, and back
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200
Power Supply Corsair RM850X 850W
Mouse Asus Gladius Optical Gaming
Keyboard Black, Asus
Software Windows 10
Fallout 4 heavily modded with new i7 9700K, RTX 2070 Super, DDR4 3600mhz.
modded4.jpg

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Is there a mod for RE3 Remake where it alters Jill to be Julia Voth? The actress/model who lent her likeness to REmake, Revelations, 6? I'd prefer to do that.
I did read somewhere that there is a mod which replaces RE3 to REmake's Jill. I have to put it too, since she's hella hot in REmake. :)

e: Yay, more rare drops in FF IV (those hella rare tails with 0.4% drop rate), sucks though that I don't have that augment which would double that drop rate.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
I did read somewhere that there is a mod which replaces RE3 to REmake's Jill. I have to put it too, since she's hella hot in REmake. :)

e: Yay, more rare drops in FF IV (those hella rare tails with 0.4% drop rate), sucks though that I don't have that augment which would double that drop rate.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Well I pulled the trigger on World War Z and it prompted me to try some other Zombie killing games. The graphics on World War z are great and the action is over the top but since I started playing Dead Rising 4 I must say that I enjoy the gameplay in that game more than World War Z. Next on my radar is to finish House of the Dying Sun. What I would really like is a space sim not unlike Starlancer with a mission tree like Colony Wars (PS1).

Processor Intel i5-12400F
Motherboard Asus Prime H610M-A WIFI D4
Memory CORSAIR VENGENCE 16GB LPX DDR4 3200MHZ
Video Card(s) RTX 4070
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) MSi Optix 27" 1440p 144hz + MSI OPTIX 27" 1440P 165HZ
Case COOLER MASTER MB320L ARGB
Power Supply Corsair cv650
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent
Software Windows 11 PRO
Only two hours to finish the game?
no no no

i mean i have only played about 2 hours of gameplay last year.
and all was fine with the game then.

booted it up this week and i am confronted with dark screen bug

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Can you recommend any mods?

Missed this, but a very emphatic "no". No. Mods are for third and beyond playthrough, and even then "no". Besides, as said, it has hold up really well, in every way.

I felt like playing Skyrim, but also wanted to shoot stuff. So I fired up FO4.

I've always kinda felt like it was a step back. It's more obvious when you've been playing Skyrim a lot. Movement is pretty bad. Motion is fine. I'm looking at an even 60 and things moving on-screen are smooth. Directing the camera just is not. It's not stutter. It just feels jerky and... uniformly not smooth. The lighting and general front-end are significantly more advanced... and yet worse implemented. Skyrim's rendering techniques are significantly dated compared to FO4's, but they look better.

The TAA is better on Skyrim, too. It is a little more blurry, but with some careful FXAA/Lumasharpen from ReShade, edges can be clean and textures appropriately sharp. That's how all of my screenshots are done. They tried to make it sharper with FO4 and it is a little sharper, but still fuzzy and kinda gross. I have tried cleaning it up with FXAA on top, but you get chunky edges with fuzzy details. Either way, it doesn't sharpen well. Alphas are generally terrible... with meshes that are completely flat, like grass, you can forget about them ever looking good, no matter what textures you use or what you do in post. A lot of the game just has that cutout/watercolor look to it. It's way less plausible-looking generally.

You can actually tweak all of the TAA parameters in FO4's INIs... you'd be surprised at what you find, digging in the wikis for INI settings. You can tweak a lot of stuff like that, including AO and behavior of the water. I welcome being able to change so much and I wish other games wouldn't dumb it down. But IME, it never yeilds great results just cuz... well that's the engine for you :p

ENB is also wayyy further along with Skyrim. You don't even get ENB water with FO4. You've got the weather module to have weather dependent settings for Skyrim, too, which in itself is huge. With FO4 you generally get 4 sets of parameters, day/night inside and day/night outside. The rest has to be left to adaptive lighting, which sucks because it has to go a lot further out to see everywhere and you really notice it. You can't set it for the dozens of variances in image characteristics. All of the shaders are generally more primitive and don't yield the same quality as Skyrim's. With ENB on both, Skyrim literally becomes more modern than FO4. Just from a factual, technical standpoint.

ENB authors also make baffling choices. They like to cook the images and toss all sorts of nonsense effects on. The only one I like is PRC, mostly because of how it can actually simulate different cameras/lenses with advanced grading using great-looking LUTs. But it tries to surpass what can consistently be done with the current state of FO4 ENB, so it gives way to a lot of visual bugs. I might steal bits of that shader to work into my custom profile. But for me it's always been semi-unusable.

The thing that gets me about seemingly every fleshed-out ENB for FO4 is the goddamned DOF. They always use A LOT of foreground DOF, and then tweak the shader so you can't get rid of it. It looks awful when you're looking out into the distance and somewhere in your face is a horrible-looking blocky-ass, oddly tree or building-like blob taking up 1/4 of the frame. It's very straining to look at when a lot of action and things in front of where you're looking are constantly going in and out of focus.

To me, McFly's OG DOF looks better, and lets you get rid of near field blur. It's a bit hard to find unaltered, because everybody seems to feel a need to contort it. I don't know why they never use it. I practice a little photography and I've got to tell you, foreground DOF is NOT what you want for most pictures. I almost never see it used. I myself only use it for close-ups. And even then, it ruins a lot of photos. You use it for a creative effect, very carefully. Not CONSTANTLY. With both landscape and portraits, a lot of skill is in getting the area at least from the closest point in the frame, out to the subject, in focus. Even in movies, this is largely how it is done. Camera operators get paid pretty good money to know how to keep that sort of focus. They may use a blurry foreground for effect sometimes... usually to convey something about the setting or give a more voyeuristic perspective, but the rest of the time, the foreground will be as sharp as the subject. You only get away with having blurry things in front of the subject in just the right setting, with the right framing. Otherwise it looks like you fucked up the shot, like you don't know what the hell you're doing and should probably just put the camera down.

Why is this? Because having big blurry blobs between you and what you're trying to look at is distracting AF! That is the LAST thing anybody wants when dealing with action. Bugs the hell out of me how they all ignore basic visual principles that every other game follow for a reason, just so people can have screenshots they think look cool. I don't even think they look that cool. When you blur the foreground, you get that "miniaturized" perspective that makes everything look fake... and it throws off the whole composition. I only even like background blur for hiding the LODs. Otherwise I would use as little as possible. I don't understand how the FO4 modding community has been going so haplessly crazy with DOF for years and still not gotten tired of it.

The one thing it has that is pretty good, are the ultra godrays. Since the LODs are still PS1-quality and you don't have the ability to easily generate dynamic, super-high-res LODs like in Skyrim, it's handy to have that hiding them most of the time. It gives a nice effect for a post-apocalyptic game, too.

Character models are better, too. You can get a lot more polygons. But then customization is way simpler.

Still enjoying the game, but it is a love/hate relationship. Skyrim, I can say I love for all of it's flaws... and the modding scene makes up for it. Can't say the same for anything to do with FO4. I legitimately don't like a lot of things about the whole deal.

But more importantly, how do you find the writing?

Anyway purchased Imperator: Rome, downloading now. Shall see what it's like, user reviews are really harsh ... but frankly users are technically the worst kind of people apart from youths.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
i love my mother .... she know me better than myself ... she did send me a CD key via Whatsapp .... didn't say what it was just added a " :D " at the end of the message ...

i redeem it ... and it was...

CODE VEIN!!!!!!!!

well i start a game (after sending back a message to my mother with a lot of :love: in it ) male ... well they kinda look androgynous ... i do the tutorial and the following until i get to the base ...
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 1_17_44 PM.jpgCODE VEIN  4_2_2020 1_17_49 PM.jpgCODE VEIN  4_2_2020 1_18_52 PM.jpg

IO is just too much :laugh:
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 1_19_11 PM.jpg

and i restart one female right after (and a modding session via Nexus UE4 FTW!)
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 7_35_53 PM.jpg
yeah ... i'm also a fan of "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" ...
1585865681962.png

i found the mask a bit bland ... sooooo MOD!
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 7_19_56 PM.jpg

looks bloody awesome!
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 7_51_05 PM.jpg

progressing the story
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 11_02_09 PM.jpg
(non standard Mia .... you guessed it ... MOD!!!")

Claw and Hound blood veil looks good but
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 11_57_25 PM.jpgCODE VEIN  4_2_2020 11_58_23 PM.jpgCODE VEIN  4_2_2020 8_01_21 PM.jpgCODE VEIN  4_2_2020 11_59_12 PM.jpg

Thorn variante looks soooo much badass
CODE VEIN  4_2_2020 11_59_44 PM.jpgCODE VEIN  4_3_2020 12_20_42 AM.jpg

yeah i guess that should be good like that ...
CODE VEIN  4_3_2020 12_25_37 AM.jpg

definitely getting the season pass next (yep that's the base game but i do not complain about it :D )

also my first Dark Souls like game ... once getting used to have your ass handed by every mobs and a bit of grind later ... that game is 64 kinds of badass

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
ok ... i need to sleep 4:30AM ...

BUT!
i managed to get her right ... (imho)
20200403030032_1.jpg

also i fooled around with the Photo mode ....
20200403030358_1.jpg20200403030450_1.jpg

stupidly hilarious
20200403040333_1.jpg20200403040443_1.jpg

and then i noticed i was freaking tired ... when i ...
20200403040630_1.jpg

bursted out in laughter at that trademark pose .... because :

indeed it is cult for many peoples
87-879020_transparent-dio-brando-model-from-phantom-blood-dio.jpg

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Bethesda knows, but Todd himself is clearly still in denial. That is why we got FO76. Its also why we got Elder Scrolls Online. You can't reasonably mod that to make it better, and the files are not transferrable to any other TES game. A nice little walled garden/cash cow. Its going to be a real surprise what they will do with TESVI, but I reckon it will be FO76 all over again. A weird mess of forced online with private server capability. They will try to shove that up our throat again, and if you buy premium sub, you can mod it as you like. Just you wait... :) They've already got a unified launcher.
Ahaha, sad but probably true. It's been a steadily accumulating business model shift that could be said to go back before TESV. I refuse to believe that Todd doesn't clearly understand that 'paid mod' is the opposite of a mod and more like a thinly veiled cash shop selling 3rd-party DLC. There is just no way he could be missing the history of modding. He's in a better position than anyone else in the industry to be able to see it. I think other people sense it, too. People see him lying through his teeth - he knows what people want, but Bethesda does such a terrible job of delivering that we can only assume they're not trying to... because that hasn't been the company they've wanted to be for years. They're just trapped in their old image at this point. Todd only wishes he could forget about Bethesda's luminous past as one of the greats. "For the gamers." can be such a double-edged sword.

The irony there for me, is that I have donated to mod authors I thought were doing awesome stuff. I can't give that same money to Bethesda knowing they'd devour the ecosystem those awesome authors exist in if they could figure out how. I think Todd knows they're losing it, is betting on not needing it, but doesn't want things to slide off too fast for things to stabilize. The sad part is, that would probably work... ditching that identity cuts out a lot of roadblocks, even if it also closes doors.

Nobody ever gives Zenimax enough credit for putting a gun to their heads. It's been a steady rebranding... or in a sense a dissolution of core brand identity. To me, that's pretty obviously a major component to all of these cash-grab strategies. Meanwhile, the meat of the games for the people who adored their GOTY-winners and built up this crazy strong, active, and competent community keeping interest in their games going for absurd amounts of time, has become more of an afterthought. They must make a lot of cash, but looking at the games, the budgets and deadlines are more like a lower-grade indie. I wouldn't even give it AA cred. Back in the day, Bethesda didn't have a ton of money, so of course it was never bleeding-edge, top-production-quality stuff, but one thing they always did was put a ton of time into their games - and they did seem to have a strong ethos for the direction of their games, carefully picking only people who genuinely shared it. Everyone would contribute things... sort of like the modding community itself does.

That's the thing... the same things about the engine that make us able to mod the shit out of it, I believe, were also used by people on their team to try ideas and pass them around, even if it maybe wasn't what they were 'on' for. Hence why it takes more time to make those games, and why technical polish is lacking. It allows them to have a totally different outlook and approach to making their games. It's more organic and I think that's what made them so unique. With that emergent gameplay and malleable engine, anyone can just think of things and they can be in the game. No doubt that impacted production big time.

Now, being known as the people who brought us those TES games and generally solid 3D Fallout games is kind of hurting them. It looks like they're trying to be one of those outfits that dips into everything without standing out too much. There are tons of these and they make a lot of cash for very little input. The problem is that when the only thing people know you for is being the 'salt of the earth' dev company, they tend not to have that shit! Companies who've only ever been that mediocre type of studio that cranks out forgettable moneymakers don't get that same hate... because who really cares? People who are interested in titles that really stand out aren't following that stuff at all. It's not for them.

That's why I've said I almost wish they would give Fallout to someone who wants to make a Fallout game. The Fallout games they make now are only "Fallout" in branding. They're better off without Fallout and Fallout is better off without them, if these are the kinds of games they want to make. They're having huge problems right now because they're pretending they're still that company, but they're not. Pissing off fans, and then the people on the other side don't care about the branding - they just know the notoriety from afar. Bethesda knows they're not taking GOTY anytime soon. It's like they can't figure out what to go for. It's become such a weird charade.

If that old culture is still present with them, I don't see it. Zenimax, to me, was like a cancer slowly consuming the company it was born of. Though to be fair, it's probably because every time I think of Zenimax, I think of this picture of thier CEO. :laugh:
gettyimages-495968462-2048x2048.jpg

I mean, doesn't he just look a guy who knows what fans of Bethesda's classics want?

Beautiful pics man. I'd never be able to delve into that as much as you. But... if you ever get a nice rounded package of visual mods together...I'm dying to copy it from you :)
Thanks dude, I definitely put in the time! And yeah... I said I wouldn't do something like that with FO4 because it has too many problems and the modding scene isn't going strong enough imo. Skyrim, I'd really like to get something together for :)

A megamod would work with torrents. The problem there is all of the authors. I'd rather people go support them directly, and I'm sure they would, too. :p It's not my place to distribute their work. One day, Vortex might have a feature like that... they're working on a way to fully back-up whole mod setups. Like... it's tied to your account, so you can install Vortex on any machine and it will pull a carbon copy of everything. But that's a maybe next year thing, at best.

Once I have a rock-solid setup to reference, I'd like to use it to put together a 'modlist' style guide and break everything down section by section, something to make it easy. It is possible to do without delving too far in. The hard part is actually curating, matching stuff up, and weeding out bugs. You have to want to mod a good bit to do those things, but it doesn't take nearly as long when someone else has done that part. I myself can put together a good, largely problem-free mod rollout with a few hundred mods in half of an afternoon. And that's not an "I'm so good at this!" thing, haha. It's just that when you know what to grab and how to put it together, the actual step-by-step is pretty rudimentary. I have a workflow. That's 90% of the battle. Nobody who writes those things ever talks about it. It's not a mystical thing at all. Skyrim mods are so mature at this point - most things as far as visuals go tend to work fine.

I want to put it together as a reference for people who are more into it already and just want curated mods, but also have something that can be done in chunks for those who aren't, or don't necessarily want to be in too deep... where you can start with a really good base and decide how far you wanna take it as you play. I think that's the best way. Start with a handful and just enjoy it for a while. At some point, you'll see something you want to change, and I might have a good, easy enough answer for it. It's way too easy to immediately burn out going for too much at once. I think that's what gives the impression of greater difficulty, even though it never really has to be.

I've been distracted fucking with weather and ENB too much lately :oops: I think at this point I'm pretty set on getting RudyENB adapted over to Cathedral Weathers, with some tasteful changes, just because proper ENB treatment is so needed. Getting ENB to play nice with it is just posing problems for a lot of people due to certain things it does differently. I've been picking at the mod itself and I think I'm starting to see where the difficulties are. Most other weather mods have top-tier ENB... Cathedral deserves to have one too, even if it needs a patch to work. I don't think it was designed for ENB... it just happens to work insanely well a good bit of the time. I think people on the Nexus might appreciate a decent port/fork. I'm not pro enough to go all in, but I can do that at least.

I'd love to have that as part of a list/guide. It's just become an irreplaceable part of the look I have for the game. If I was going to put a list out there and people wanted my screenshots, it would almost be the most important part! From there it's mostly just about fancy textures and meshes.

The general plan is to have a decently detailed modlist with a few different approaches a person can take, depending on investment and skill. Simple/good or whole hog, down to utter tedium. Something also worth posting on the Nexus. Coming back into it this year and seeing the stuff people are doing in 2020 has been inspiring. A lot of good, new stuff is really bringing things together in the game. I want to be able to share that with people who are interested... there just is no easy way to tabulate a modding setup due to variables and differences in how people operate. An instructional showcase is all I got. *shrug*

It's high up on my list of things to accomplish right now, though. I can say that much. I feel like if I can do that, I don't have to feel guilty about all of the time I put into modding old games :laugh:

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
That's why I've said I almost wish they would give Fallout to someone who wants to make a Fallout game. The Fallout games they make now are only "Fallout" in branding. They're better off without Fallout and Fallout is better off without them, if these are the kinds of games they want to make. They're having huge problems right now because they're pretending they're still that company, but they're not. Pissing off fans, and then the people on the other side don't care about the branding - they just know the notoriety from afar. Bethesda knows they're not taking GOTY anytime soon. It's like they can't figure out what to go for. It's become such a weird charade.

Very much this.

System Name Cheapskate Maximus
Processor Xeon W3680 @ 3.99Ghz [133x30] [1.375v]
Motherboard HP Z400 Rev 2
Cooling Alpenfohn Brocken v1
Memory 3 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX570 Nitro+
Storage 240GB WD SSD, 6 x 2TB HDD
Display(s) 27" iiyama XB2783HSU AMVA+
Case AeroCool
Power Supply HP 600w Bronze (Delta)
Keyboard Gots keys
Software W10 x64
Just finished Doom Eternal, surprisingly my system was able to play it smoothly on nightmare, with textures set to high due to only having a 4GB card. Loved the humans packed in to cages with their arms hanging out, looked pretty mad for sure.

I'd rate it as:

Graphics: 9/10 - ID outdone themselves with IDTech 7, environments are amazingly detailed, so is pretty much everything else.
Sound: 9/10 - Solid sound design, satisfying noises when things are being chainsawed, especially Arachnotrons.
Enemies: 8/10 - Insane variety of demons, love the retro-modern design so they look more like their Doom 90's counterparts.
Overall: 8.5/10 - Loved almost the entire game, except that Marauder asshole which was like playing against someone online using "teh hax" :oops:

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
After two years, I wanted to give it a shot for The Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered. I can say that I'm really enjoying!

It's tough and old-school. At first, it seems the game giving you lots of gold, but when it comes to reviving or immediate heal for your allies you need much more gold than you loot. So, you may want to use your gold wisely. Also, almost house has something to offer you; there might be encounters, new allies, loots and even guided mouth to give you guidance about the world you are wandering. If you stand on the streets by doing nothing you may encounter with foes! Also, when you walk on the streets, you may find some allies who want to join your party. So, consider them, too.

I advise you to discover every house and every corner in the game before entering the towers or dungeons. Order your characters wisely and consider their attributes, powers and other things by ordering them in your party. I highly recommend you to order like this for your first part; (1) Rogue, (2) Warrior, (3) Paladin, (4) Monk, (5) Bard, (6) Sorcerer and (7) Mage. You can either use premade characters or create your own. Always carry a lamp or torch, because you will need them in the dungeons and some of the towers, also in the night. Towers and dungeons contain lots of traps and encounters; always use your Trap Zap skill before you move, and keep your character with the highest Luck as a lead. Intelligence characters, such as Mage, Sorcerer, Wizard, and etc. will learn Buff skills, so use them wisely to your characters.

You may die a lot, but keep spawn new characters instead of reviving them; of course, if their levels are high revive them.

Cheers!

Last edited: