• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Just started The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D version 1.1.
It's by far the hardest video game I've ever played. Game mechanics and graphics are improved versions of Ocarina of Time 3D. It's extremely tough and punishing game, it can easily make you rage quit and give up. Make a slightest mistake and game wipes the floor with you. You can't save/load, can't relax, can't explore. Twilight Princess HD and OoT 3D gave you time to explore and Breath of the Wild is simply a paragon of free roam and do-what-you-wanna-do, go-where-you-wanna-go kind of game but MM3D is "you're gonna regret this!" kind of game.

Playing MM3D after BotW is my big mistake. It's a contrast between "absolute freedom" and "everything's timed, run out of time and everything's lost, go kill yourself!".
All Zelda games are trippy that's why there're so awesome but level design and enemies in MM3D are totally psychedelic. It's pure madness. But I like challenge. I put my hands in my pockets and cross my fingers, I hope I can hold on and won't give up. Maybe after a few hours I'll pull myself together and my second impression won't be so overdramatic lol.

Shrines, temples, dungeons, and city look good. Zelda games always have nice art and design.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Still playing WoW. Have now ~6700 hours in my MM hunter.
I can't play any other game, every time I do that I just thinking about WoW all the time, hahaha.

yea it’s sad. :)

I was also 'imprisoned' in an MMO for almost 7 years and missed out on so many good titles meanwhile.
Only left when the devs messed up the game with an update and most of my friends quited and I just had enough at that point and left,tried it again last year but I barely lasted 1+ month until I quited it again,its just not my game anymore. 'Vindictus'

Kinda glad that I'm free now,still trying to catch up with the games I missed.:laugh:

I mean I did play some other MMOS but only on a very casual level,like not even joining guilds or anything. 'so that ppl can't turn the game into a job for me with guild runs,etc'
Tbh nowadays I can't even find a worth to play MMO even if I wanted to,everything is a battle royale nowadays and I don't fancy those games in general.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
1587381695457.png

1587381817695.png

Started Code:Vein, well it's something and I've wanted to put off playing it, but there were too many things to like about the game. It's more like DMC instead of Dark Souls, as someone familiar with the Dark Souls series, the games' first 3 hours seem too easy. I can't get accurate drain/backstabs, I've been told it's easier to pull off with analog sticks, though some enemies don't have a collision box you can line up with. Parrying with the current set of items is kinda "off" and too slow for my taste, I don't know if I could get used to using that and I still don't know if bosses can be parried.

I'm just going blind without reading walkthroughs until I'll get frustrated somewhere.

I like the customization options, it's so much better than SAO: Fatal Bullet and extra effort has been put in to this version of UE4, even the with all the graphics options, it doesn't melt the GPU unlike SAO:FB. The combination bindings are very appreciated and AI companions aren't brain-dead. Modding is easy, not sure what to really ask for other than greatswords not looking like paddles for a landboat and some better/adjusted movesets. Currently, I don't see that many gripes with gameplay, other than it being different from the pace I'm used to.

This is going to keep me from playing RogueTech again, for now. I'm still on the fence getting XCOM 2, I know it's good. But what if it's too good?

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You know what kind of body i want you to switch to Sexy Lexy :) ....
View attachment 152018

Strange huh, how the rest of the game looks like its from the year 2000 but the moment boob physics come into play, somehow polygon counts and other laws of gaming seem to bend to her will.

Skyrim is remarkably similar :D

Still playing WoW. Have now ~6700 hours in my MM hunter.
I can't play any other game, every time I do that I just thinking about WoW all the time, hahaha.

yea it’s sad. :)

Macro on scroll wheel still, like it was in vanilla? :D

I was also 'imprisoned' in an MMO for almost 7 years and missed out on so many good titles meanwhile.
Only left when the devs messed up the game with an update and most of my friends quited and I just had enough at that point and left,tried it again last year but I barely lasted 1+ month until I quited it again,its just not my game anymore. 'Vindictus'

Kinda glad that I'm free now,still trying to catch up with the games I missed.:laugh:

I mean I did play some other MMOS but only on a very casual level,like not even joining guilds or anything. 'so that ppl can't turn the game into a job for me with guild runs,etc'
Tbh nowadays I can't even find a worth to play MMO even if I wanted to,everything is a battle royale nowadays and I don't fancy those games in general.

Funny how that sounds very similar to my MMO career. You go in too deep, you burn out, and then you figure out the rat race was just that and not much else.

But its pretty cool to have that massive backlog of other stuff to check out then :) Be careful though... the next step is getting burned out from playing too many different things.

Last edited:
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Funny how that sounds very similar to my MMO career. You go in too deep, you burn out, and then you figure out the rat race was just that and not much else.

But its pretty cool to have that massive backlog of other stuff to check out then :) Be careful though... the next step is getting burned out from playing too many different things.

I would lie if I said that I don't miss certain aspects of playing that game or MMOs in general but I don't miss the rest.
Also not being able to leave those games after years of playing cause I tend to feel too attached to my characters/sometimes other ppl too and all that time I put in the said games makes me feel like its a waste if I randomly quit. 'pretty much every MMO I've played forced me to quit at some point'

Yea that is a valid concern,I was just thinking about that recently that even tho I have all the time to play games now I don't feel like overdoing it to avoid burning out or at least try.
I'm taking my time with whatever games I play now and try to plan out what I'm gonna play next. 'might pick up Just Cause 3 where I left it after I'm done with the EPIC freebies I'm playing now'

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Lance is coming together nicely. Found a familiar face.

Also, Stalker 3F is OP... Some heat management required but when you get that sorted... man. Brutal machine... I fixed my heat problem with downsizing to LRM5 instead of 10 and more heatsinks instead. Feels like a hack, almost.

I'm mostly comparing this game to Battletech and boy did they flesh out the stellar map a lot more. So many special missions and little cause/effect mechanics in there, I keep figuring out new stuff. They really gave the randomized stuff a good edge and it stays fresh. The power-play between all the factions and your rep with them is another dimension to it all. It takes some time to notice this, but it really does influence mission structure everywhere you go.

MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping_2020_04_20_20_00_58_645.jpg

This setup here below is my personal boat, and has been for the last few days. Double heat sinks are ofc adding to the carnage. Cheese with 30 LRM volleys... and then in for the kill :)

This game is seriously highly underestimated, even if you're not familiar with Mechwarrior... it all checks out. Some small bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. Almost every mission was truly exciting to do, surprise elements galore.

MechWarrior-Win64-Shipping_2020_04_20_20_05_47_048.jpg

Last edited:
Software Windows 10 Pro
Lance is coming together nicely. Found a familiar face.

Also, Stalker 3F is OP... Some heat management required but when you get that sorted... man. Brutal machine... I fixed my heat problem with downsizing to LRM5 instead of 10 and more heatsinks instead. Feels like a hack, almost.

I'm mostly comparing this game to Battletech and boy did they flesh out the stellar map a lot more. So many special missions and little cause/effect mechanics in there, I keep figuring out new stuff. They really gave the randomized stuff a good edge and it stays fresh. The power-play between all the factions and your rep with them is another dimension to it all. It takes some time to notice this, but it really does influence mission structure everywhere you go.

View attachment 152154

This setup here below is my personal boat, and has been for the last few days. Double heat sinks are ofc adding to the carnage. Cheese with 30 LRM volleys... and then in for the kill :)

This game is seriously highly underestimated, even if you're not familiar with Mechwarrior... it all checks out. Some small bugs here and there but nothing game breaking. Almost every mission was truly exciting to do, surprise elements galore.

View attachment 152155

Oh damn I totally forgot about this game,Mechwarrior 4 was a thing in my childhood and I loved it. 'even if I did not understand much back then'
Well then +1 game to add to my list. :D

That is why I didn't like it. The concept did not appeal to me. It was more frustrating than challenging and it just wasn't fun.
Exactly! I sold it two weeks after buying it and never looked back..
I had the same feelings but after I defeated the first boss and once I learnt how to slow down time and instantly warp to new directions, everything fell quickly into place!
I also downloaded manual pdf from Nintendo site and it helps a lot!

I had the same feelings but after I defeated the first boss and once I learnt how to slow down time and instantly warp to new directions, everything fell quickly into place!
I also downloaded manual pdf from Nintendo site and it helps a lot!
Fair enough. Still, I wasn't a fan of the game concept. The game felt more like a job than something that's meant to be amusing. Speaking of...

A few weeks ago I sat down with Command & Conquer 2 - Tiberian Sun with the Firestorm pak. It was great fun, all 4 campaigns! On Friday, I began Command & Conquer Red Alert 2. Beat the allied missions and am now working through the Soviet missions... As you can see, I'm kicking butt!
C&C-RA2-1080p.jpg

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I was really in the mood for some GRID (2019) today and drove like a lunatic, just like the killer AI.
Grid_dx12 2020-04-20 20-56-09-036.jpg

Grid_dx12 2020-04-20 21-07-53-790.jpg

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
I'm Commander Shepard, and Dragon Age: Inquisition is the buggiest shitfest I've ever played.

Like seriously! Conversation wheel bugging out and NPCs saying "So YOu'rE sILenT On tHIs tOPic?" No fuckface! The shitty game won't let me answer your shitty question.

And why dafuq is my character auto-running towards the enemy when I built a support from the back-archer build?

Half the time I'm fighting against the controls of the game instead of the enemy NPCs.

Fucken hell! And I paid 12 euro for this fucking pile of dump? I should've pirated before wasting my money on this garbage.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I'm Commander Shepard, and Dragon Age: Inquisition is the buggiest shitfest I've ever played.

Like seriously! Conversation wheel bugging out and NPCs saying "So YOu'rE sILenT On tHIs tOPic?" No fuckface! The shitty game won't let me answer your shitty question.

And why dafuq is my character auto-running towards the enemy when I built a support from the back-archer build?

Half the time I'm fighting against the controls of the game instead of the enemy NPCs.

Fucken hell! And I paid 12 euro for this fucking pile of dump? I should've pirated before wasting my money on this garbage.

Live and learn. Of course you pirate this, because then you get it feature complete and without having to deal with origin... Mind, I even own the game on Origin and still pirate it. Same goes for the Mass Effect trilogy pre andromeda... Its just absolute crap the official way.
But yeah, I'm not Commander Shepard, but I endorse this comment. lol!

Though I gotta say those bugs you mention, I've not had them. Do you use some weird input device or? Controller? I played KB/M no issues like that. Well apart from the auto running and party AI just generally being shit. Its part of the reason melee and mage work well :)

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

Several examples of the many types of reasons I did not and will not finish the game. IMHO, it is the worst AAA game ever. Ever. It is a game that felt like a job from the beginning. I’m sorry, but that is not why I play games. Oh, and just not fun. Sorry, stopped a rant I almost went off on, LOL. Somehow EA completely lost it between DAO and DAI.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
GRID (2019) gets a lot of stick on the Steam discussions, but what most complainers fail to point out is that it's an arcade racer, not a sim. They find it boring, so each to his own, I say.
It adds a lot of polish to the previous games -GRID 2 and GRID Autosport, but remains just that - an arcade racer, which is why I play it.
Actual racing sims really do simulate car racing very accurately but don't play at all well with a keyboard, but arcade racers do. Besides, I'm a casual racer and I really don't mind the demolition derby style of GRID.
I could never get bored of this game.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Arctic Freezer 240 + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200p / Silverstone RVZ03-B
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Corsair CX550M 550W / Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G502/G203 / RPG: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
Several examples of the many types of reasons I did not and will not finish the game. IMHO, it is the worst AAA game ever. Ever. It is a game that felt like a job from the beginning. I’m sorry, but that is not why I play games. Oh, and just not fun. Sorry, stopped a rant I almost went off on, LOL. Somehow EA completely lost it between DAO and DAI.

I got to the desert part, something about the game that takes too long to explore everything, you move so slow around these huge maps. I haven't played since. There's too many things added to pad out game length without offering a significant pay-off for spending time.

It just didn't feel rewarding to get through most parts of DA:I so far. While over-leveling is possible, it is not needed to get through a lot of parts if you have crafted gear. All of the loot I get is mostly worse than I already have.

I never felt like I got through a battle by the skin of my teeth like playing Origins the first time.

Last edited:

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
IMG_20200422_175811.jpg

I'm at my parents, grabbed my old laptop with me. Played some Worms World Party, now it's time for some Wolf 3D. Achtung! :toast:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
I figured I would drop by and leave some screenshots of State of Decay 2. Not because it is graphically awesome...it's not. Just leaving them as game samples.

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
I figured I would drop by and leave some screenshots of State of Decay 2. Not because it is graphically awesome...it's not. Just leaving them as game samples.

Looks interesting. Are the zombies as fast as L4D or Dawn of the Dead? And do you play that in SP or MP?

Software Windows 10 Pro
Finished both RUINER and Close To The Sun,surprisingly good freebies and enjoyed both.

Now I've picked up Just Cause 3 where I left it around a year ago,something like only 25% completion but its fun game to pass time with.
Can never get enough of the nonsense explosions/action and whatnot.:laugh: 'was definitely worth the 5 euro I paid for it in 2018'

I did try JC 4 since it was free but I think I will play JC 3 for now until the story is finished at least,imo JC 3 looks better and also runs better on my system.

JC3.jpg

Also,I just noticed today that I still have a 10 Euro coupon on EPIC and it expires soon,like 1 week and it cannot be used on DLCs and the minimum price of a game has to be 15 Euro.
Wasn't planning on buying anything atm but I don't want to let it go to waste,don't want to spend much either so I checked what they have between 15 and 20 and I think I will get Beyond Two Souls.
Tried the demo and it seems like my kind of game but I will check again in case there is something else.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Looks interesting. Are the zombies as fast as L4D or Dawn of the Dead? And do you play that in SP or MP?
It’s Single Player, but you can do MP of a sorts if you want, working co-op in another player’s game, or someone can join yours. From what I have read you keep influence you earn in the other person’s game, including any loot like good weapons you might get.

Oh, and different zombie types have different speeds. Mostly shambling types that can lunge for you for a short distance if you are close, but mostly just walk. Some others can sprint short distances. Ferals are fast and mean and strong and nasty and can outrun you. Best hope is to climb up on something, because unlike Dying Light they don’t climb. There are also the big brutes that are strong enough to rip you in half, and can run for short distances, but mostly walk.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I'm playing DOOM: Eternal. It's fun, but not as fun as DOOM (2016) was - for me at least. My reasons:
  • The graphics got a cartoony shine that takes away from the game's realism and immersion.
  • The level design isn't as fluid as it was in 2016. Every level is basically a bunch of multiplayer arenas glued together by a hallway or a jumping puzzle or whatever.
  • Jumping puzzles: there's just too many of them, and most of the time they're absolutely unnecessary. They're only there to annoy you.
  • My main gripe: perks, perks, perks. You're using half of your keyboard for different perks, and you have to remember ALL of them in order to get HP, armour, ammo and to cool down other perks. For a shooter, Eternal's perk and skill system is overly complicated, and as a result, killing hordes of demons isn't even half as relaxing and fun as it was in 2016.
  • I don't understand why I can't glory kill zombies without shooting them first. And since I have to shoot them, why can't I have a pistol in case I run out of ammo? (which I do when I forget about the perks I have to use to get some)
Despite all my issues, it's a fun game once I manage to get everything right - but that's the thing: I have to work hard to get things right, while I would rather just run around and shoot the demons back to Hell, like I did in DOOM (2016).

Edit: I've read reviews with people complaining about the cinematic cutscenes and the fortress where you return after every mission, but these don't bother me at all - in fact, I find it refreshing to return to a familiar place after a hard battle.

Last edited: