• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Skyrim SE with 1 mod on legendary difficulty.!
Can't wait for TES VI.... :)
Living up to your username with that last statement :p

I got through the main of Control's first DLC. Just gonna say right now, it doesn't have the overall quality of the base game. Among other DLC's it is simply a little above average. It's mostly cave settings, which at times are very cool, but it doesn't have that same visual charm. At a few points in the campaign it does come back. Also has probably my favorite boss fight of all. A lot of people hated it for being brutally unforgiving. Maybe I'm just pro as shit at this game, because while all of the bosses have been so hard it felt plain mean when I lost, it never took more than 3 attempts to beat them. Still have a lot of exploring to do, looking forward to getting to it all before AWE drops, which is right around the corner now.

I will say... as a fan of the main game, I still loved it. I'm glad I got the pass. I think if you played it a couple of times and enjoyed it but never picked it up after that, the expansion is not gonna be a satisfying reason to return. But if you are fully on board with the base game and really want more, it's faithful. The combat is significantly harder, but you also get new mods to help. They managed to mix it up pretty well. I felt like I had to relearn how to fight down in The Foundation. They never really let you rest on your laurels too much.

They really went in on the lore in a big way and that kept me totally engrossed. I think Remedy actually wanted to do an Alan Wake sequel, but couldn't, so they made Control to move forward. The Foundation expansion confirmed so many things I walked away from the base game thinking, stuff that made me surprised I actually got it right... and then went and left me with twice as many bigger questions. I'm right back to being in the mystified state that pulled me in the first time. The world just has that newness and freshness that makes it stand out to me among years of games. As crazy and nonsensical as it can be with webs of non-euclidean logic and causality phase shifts, it starts to feel weirdly more plausible and real than most things. At the risk of being a little pretentious, it's a thinking man's game. The gameplay and sheer visual strength may be enough to carry it on it's own, but that's arguably the lesser merit in my eyes. It is pretty cerebral. Everything truly important is in what's not told or even shown. Every criticism I've seen of the story comes off to me like they don't know the real story. That could reasonably be considered a fault, but for the deep divers it is very refreshing to see a game that doesn't think you're stupid or shortsighted.

That carries into the gameplay. I've seen complaints about the navigation. But it feels more disorienting than it is, and if you pay attention and use your head, navigation is easy. But there are no waypoints or anything. You have to use environmental clues and actually try to memorize the paths. Because the map isn't going to help you. It rewards you for finding the patterns, too. As you learn to navigate you'll start to sniff out these crazy secrets that make me feel like I'm playing Super Mario World again. There are some pretty major secret locations that the game doesn't give you a single reason to find or even be aware you should look for, let alone do the thing you need to do to find the entrance. You have to actually understand the logic of the layout and traversal which it does have.

One thing I have really appreciated about the writing of Control thus far is that it trusts you. I think that's why people sometimes think there's nothing there but a little exposition of a sparse story line with vague characters and a bunch of arbitrary, unexplained weirdness. All of those things are incredibly dense in this game - it's just that none of it is handed to you. You have to really think about it before it really starts to reward you with concepts and events that, in spite of wearing heavy influences, are completely unlike anything else. It is a full continuation of Alan Wake at this point. It added more to that universe than either of the games under that title established in the first place! By A LOT. That was swinging a flashlight in the dark (pun intended) compared to what Control gives you. So many threads to tug on that you wouldn't think go anywhere, but actually are tied to icebergs of connected things. Most of the expansion was focused on building up more of the world for the next major conflict, which I think with the base game in tow will now be much more interesting than I could really fathom just playing the base game once or twice. Explaining the story is no longer possible. Once you know it, it makes a lot of sense. But actually guiding someone through it is impossible. It basically plants seeds in your head that grow into the story. You'll get the same outcome every time, but I can't make a sapling into a tree.

It really surprised me. I think it's a really underappreciated and overlooked aspect of the game. Maybe people just aren't used to that sort of story presentation. A story world usually needs to have some relatable rules and human-centric logic in order to be engaging. It is hard to write a story in a world that can just break reality. But they're really doing it and it's a unique treat. The whole deal is that whenever you think it's breaking its own reality, the reality hasn't actually been altered from before, it just appears different, like looking at a cube on a 2d plane and then suddenly seeing it on a 3d plane. You thought it was a square. Now it makes a whole different kind of sense. You're meant to use your head and consolidate it on your own. The mystery is one you live vicariously through in your own mind. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Hard to pull off.

My one wish is for more hiss infested control points. Right out of the gate that is the coolest thing to see.
Control Screenshot 2020.07.25 - 03.26.41.13.jpg

Control Screenshot 2020.07.16 - 23.49.02.61.jpg

I generally love how light and color is used in this game, though. Even in the drabbest-looking spaces, everything pops juuuust right. Always on point. Combined with the materials and art design, it has a simple, consistent goodness to it. Even better, it is functional visual design. Color/light changes, along with complex scale/geometric patter shifts, actually signal several different things about spaces you're moving across, way beyond just 'there is hiss over there'. They use the light and color mixes to section off different sections of places. Always subtly directing you along and making it feel like you're really treading space by giving the part of your brain responsible for recreating strucures of space a steady flow of markers to chew on. Every corner of TOH has its own distinct aura. Maybe I'm just a visual person, but my mind locks in on the patterns and it helps me know where I am, or where I'm going. It's really brilliantly done. Striking when you catch it, but otherwise it is working on your subconsious only, guiding your actual gameplay decisions while you just think about how cool things look. That it manages to hide that and look good doing it is just the biggest little thing.

Just one of the many reasons they raised the bar for me when it comes to making level design and visual design mesh to make interaction with the world plausible and realistic. Combined with the unique, intuitive ways to get around it just puts me there. Not just the style, but the marriage of art design with the parts of game design more akin to engineering. Don't even get me started on the destruction mechanics which not only look really cool and shave-up more layers of convincing interaction with the game world, but even have major gameplay implications that are meaningful. They weren't lying when they said they wanted the game to be focused on gameplay. Everything about this visually satisfying imagery, atmosphere and motion exists to serve the bare gameplay experience. They've... figured out things about immersion that the rest of the game design world better be studying. There are several different kinds of immersion - Control nailed down the perceptual/immediate form of it. It all feels alive when you're exploring and interacting with it. It's a big, empty, intimidating, confusing, dehumanizing space that you never want to stop interacting with. You know how when you're playing a really good game you get into a flow state? This one pretty meticulously innovated a whole new form of that experience. This plus VR would be too much.

Anyway, even the simplest things look good. I almost don't want to spoil the showstopper stuff. They really thought about the design from an architectural standpoint - and an architect considers how you will move through the room and what you'll see as you do. This results in a steady stream of moments that feel like being gently guided through a painting, and again this actually serves gameplay and exploration as well. The visuals are crafted to pull you into the gameplay, and getting pulled into the gameplay rewards you with steady visuals. But even at its least impressive it looks great.
Control Screenshot 2020.07.28 - 02.03.25.06.jpg
Control Screenshot 2020.07.17 - 01.52.08.53.jpg
Control Screenshot 2020.07.18 - 02.04.27.01.jpg
Control Screenshot 2020.07.23 - 04.47.28.48.jpg

Last edited:
Living up to your username with that last statement :p

I got through the main of Control's first DLC. Just gonna say right now, it doesn't have the overall quality of the same game. Among other DLC's it is simply a little above average. It's mostly cave settings, which at times are very cool, but it doesn't have that same visual charm. At a few points in the campaign it does come back. Also has probably my favorite boss fight of all. A lot of people hated it for being brutally unforgiving. Maybe I'm just pro as shit at this game, because while all of the bosses have been so hard it felt plain mean when I lost, it never took more than 3 attempts to beat them. Still have a lot of exploring to do, looking forward to getting to it all before AWE drops, which is right around the corner now.

I will say... as a fan of the main game, I still loved it. I'm glad I got the pass. I think if you played it a couple of times and enjoyed it but never picked it up after that, the expansion is not gonna be a satisfying reason to return. But if you are fully on board with the base game and really want more, it's faithful. The combat is significantly harder, but you also get new mods to help. They managed to mix it up pretty well. I felt like I had to relearn how to fight down in The Foundation. They never really let you rest on your laurels too much.

They really went in on the lore in a big way and that kept me totally engrossed. I think Remedy actually wanted to do an Alan Wake sequel, but couldn't, so they made Control to move forward. The Foundation expansion confirmed so many things I walked away from the base game thinking, stuff that made me surprised I actually got it right... and then went and left me with twice as many bigger questions. I'm right back to being in the mystified state that pulled me in the first time. The world just has that newness and freshness that makes it stand out to me among years of games. As crazy and nonsensical as it can be with webs of non-euclidean logic and causality phase shifts, it starts to feel weirdly more plausible and real than most things. At the risk of being a little pretentious, it's a thinking man's game. The gameplay and sheer visual strength may be enough to carry it on it's own, but that's arguably the lesser merit in my eyes. It is pretty cerebral. Everything truly important is in what's not told or even shown. Every criticism I've seen of the story comes off to me like they don't know the real story. That could reasonably be considered a fault, but for the deep divers it is very refreshing to see a game that doesn't think you're stupid or shortsighted.

That carries into the gameplay. I've seen complaints about the navigation. But it feels more disorienting than it is, and if you pay attention and use your head, navigation is easy. But there are no waypoints or anything. You have to use environmental clues and actually try to memorize the paths. Because the map isn't going to help you. It rewards you for finding the patterns, too. As you learn to navigate you'll start to sniff out these crazy secrets that make me feel like I'm playing Super Mario World again. There are some pretty major secret locations that the game doesn't give you a single reason to find or even be aware you should look for, let alone do the thing you need to do to find the entrance. You have to actually understand the logic of the layout and traversal which it does have.

One thing I have really appreciated about the writing of Control thus far is that it trusts you. I think that's why people sometimes think there's nothing there but a little exposition of a sparse story line with vague characters and a bunch of arbitrary, unexplained weirdness. All of those things are incredibly dense in this game - it's just that none of it is handed to you. You have to really think about it before it really starts to reward you with concepts and events that, in spite of wearing heavy influences, are completely unlike anything else. It is a full continuation of Alan Wake at this point. It added more to that universe than either of the games under that title established in the first place! By A LOT. That was swinging a flashlight in the dark (pun intended) compared to what Control gives you. So many threads to tug on that you wouldn't think go anywhere, but actually are tied to icebergs of connected things. Most of the expansion was focused on building up more of the world for the next major conflict, which I think with the base game in tow will now be much more interesting than I could really fathom just playing the base game once or twice. Explaining the story is no longer possible. Once you know it, it makes a lot of sense. But actually guiding someone through it is impossible. It basically plants seeds in your head that grow into the story. You'll get the same outcome every time, but I can't make a sapling into a tree.

It really surprised me. I think it's a really underappreciated and overlooked aspect of the game. Maybe people just aren't used to that sort of story presentation. A story world usually needs to have some relatable rules and human-centric logic in order to be engaging. It is hard to write a story in a world that can just break reality. But they're really doing it and it's a unique treat. The whole deal is that whenever you think it's breaking its own reality, the reality hasn't actually been altered from before, it just appears different, like looking at a cube on a 2d plane and then suddenly seeing it on a 3d plane. You thought it was a square. Now it makes a whole different kind of sense. You're meant to use your head and consolidate it on your own. The mystery is one you live vicariously through in your own mind. It's the gift that keeps on giving. Hard to pull off.

My one wish is for more hiss infested control points. Right out of the gate that is the coolest thing to see.
View attachment 164283
View attachment 164290
I generally love how light and color is used in this game, though. Even in the drabbest-looking spaces, everything pops juuuust right. Always on point. Combined with the materials and art design, it has a simple, consistent goodness to it.
Lol.. well you know, with something as big as the TES series & we all know how internet users love to speculate...
I'd get into Control, but dislike 3rd person games overall. It's 1st person or nothing with me when it comes to computer gaming. :)

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
Lol.. well you know, with something as big as the TES series & we all know how internet users love to speculate...
Haaah yeaaahhh. I've been doubting Bethesda long before it was the coolest thing a youtuber could do, but I still adore the franchise and will be hyped for it. I expect a million problems piled on buried treasure.

I'd get into Control, but dislike 3rd person games overall. It's 1st person or nothing with me when it comes to computer gaming. :)
The 3rd person perspective isn't my favorite, but I can also understand why it was absolutely necessary for Control. They play around a lot with scale and unusual traversal and just weird platforming stuff. Manipulating the camera is a pivotal part of just getting around - the freedom helps and feels really good. You need the perspective to be able to navigate the spaces comfortably, and actually seeing Jesse in the space really emphasizes how improbably grand and epic The Oldest House truly is. So many times I see her on the screen and feel tiny, like looking up at the night sky when it falls closer to the trees. It's a cool effect.

The combat system also demands 3rd person, due to the levitation and other psi-powers it is the only way to keep track of everything going on along with your movement. In first person you'd just be falling off of places, getting jumped, and missing key windows. It requires that you constantly be moving aggressively through all dimensions of space at once, while also being attacked in different ways from all angles. Even with that perspective, it gets really intense. Though once you get in the groove you feel like a paranatural being should.... like you can do anything. I imagine in 1st person it would be more like experiencing a very bad, very rube-goldberg-like county fair ride.

Not trying to sell you or nothin haha, but I can forgive 3rd person lock for a game like this. They do a good job of justifying it, making full use of it to do something pretty different with combat. It's needed for the same reasons it's needed in modern Tomb Raider titles, plus for a few other things no other game mixes up. Jesse fights like a car, a magnet, an acrobat, a psychic, a slingshot, a soldier, a dbz character, a tank, a canon, a sniper... so many different things can happen/be done on the fly. It's impossible to do in 1st person, unfortunately.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Finished my second LiS 1 playthrough 'managed to not foq up as badly as last time..' and picked up Witcher 3 where I left it last year 'start of Hearts of stone'.

With this my gaming is pretty much set for the entire August since I don't like to play more than 1-2 games at a time + not rushing anything.:)
Also nice low lvl random mission I bumped into while going to my main mission's place, sat down to drink Vodka with some dudes and ofc they stole my gear.:D
Witcher3HS.jpg

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
With this my gaming is pretty much set for the entire August since I don't like to play more than 1-2 games at a time + not rushing anything.:)
With you on that. I'm always looking for that game I can spend weeks delving into... just relax and enjoy the game without distractions.

It's also just impossible for me to juggle more than two playthroughs. If I'm away for too long I just want to start over... I lose that attachment to the progress. Though if I do choose to start over at that point, I know it's a game worth playing through and I should probably give it more attention ;)

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
With you on that. I'm always looking for that game I can spend weeks delving into... just relax and enjoy the game without distractions.

It's also just impossible for me to juggle more than two playthroughs. If I'm away for too long I just want to start over... I lose that attachment to the progress. Though if I do choose to start over at that point, I know it's a game worth playing through and I should probably give it more attention ;)

I put around 100+ hours into the game last year, basically finished the main game with a lot of side quests then only started the first DLC.
Borderlands 3 was around the corner by that time so I put the game down and since I was busy with other games but I was planning to come back and finish the whole game. 'thats the plan now'

I don't mind a secondary game every now and then but trying to play multiple games and jumping between is not my thing.
That way I just can't feel focused/immersed and also more likely to never finish them.:oops:

And ye in 1 year I almost forgot how to play the game, had to check the controls/key binds.:laugh:

Still so many backlog games to play and I also bought Witcher 1+2 on GoG earlier..Ugh, I will never get to the end of it and I'm not even counting the new relases I'm interested in.

System Name ROG 7900X3d By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Memory 64Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 neo RGB 6400@6000mhz@1.41v
Video Card(s) Aorus RTX4090 Extreme Waterforce
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Display(s) LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
Half-Life - Alex in VR my 3rd attempt to get through it.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Got hooked on paper MTG and now I can't play a PC game anymore. Its pretty annoying, my mind always wanders... :D

Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
Half Life Alyx - Part 4
(check out 5.40 for the Gordan Freeman crowbar dialog )

So it turns out the game is about saving Gordon Freeman!!!!! Cant wait to see how it turns out, now that ive found out a decent part of the plot. :toast:

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Half Life Alyx - Part 4
(check out 5.40 for the Gordan Freeman crowbar dialog )

So it turns out the game is about saving Gordon Freeman!!!!! Cant wait to see how it turns out, now that ive found out a decent part of the plot. :toast:

Holy spoiler batman. Tag that quickly!

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Started Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE last Saturday. Don't ask me how I got it and what I'm playing it on but it's fun. It would be even better if they allowed four characters in battle. With three you're pretty much done if 2 of those are weak to specific attacks.

Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town.

The old-school classic, remade. This is exactly Harvest Moon: Mineral Town, except Natsume holds the Harvest Moon trademark these days. So Marvelous had to rename it "Story of Seasons" instead. I know people are into Stardew Valley these days, but there's something to be said about the simpler playstyle of the early Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons series.

Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Software Windows11pro
If a mod could edit the gordan freeman statement. i cant seem to edit it now.
Started Death Stranding -

On pc on a V100 everything looks and runs amazing!!!! Great story too.

And again tonight

Last edited:
System Name ALIENWARE R8
Processor INTEL I5 9500 @3.9Ghz
Motherboard ALIENWARE 02XRCM
Cooling ALIENWAR Liqid Cooler
Memory DDR4 16GB @2.8Ghz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GForce RTX 2070 8GB
Storage 512 MB M.2, KINGSTON 480 GB SSD,SEAGATE 3 TB
Display(s) VIZIO E-241 25" TV
Case ALIENWARE R8
Power Supply 850 WATTS
Mouse ROSWILL NEON M60
Keyboard ALIENWARE
Software WIN 10
a favorite goto space game for me.. sins of the solar empire w/ fallen angels mod.. this is a very good star trek mod that really feels like star trek

i decided to play as the borg and 9 ai opponents.. 4 teams of 2 (federation, klingon, pomulon and cardasian/dominion/breen and one random race..i believe the random was klkingon. in anycase.. fun and a few intense battles. i won but i was a bit concerned for awhile.. lol
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion 2020-08-04 21-17-43-766.jpg

System Name OVERKILL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero ATX AM4
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB Black 11G-P4-2281-KR
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (OS); WD Black 8TB x1; WD Black 4TB x2; Asus BW-16D1HT x2
Case Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX Platinum 1200W 80+ Platinum Fully Modular
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores The RGB on this is toned way down.
STILL ELITE DANGEROUS - HORIZONS. 260 hours in it. Have Fer-De-Lance. Aiming for an Anaconda but those are only able to land on large launch pads.

Discord channel I'm with wants me to rejoin their Minecraft server but ELITE 4 DANGEROUS beckons me.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
I still haven't figured out if I am going to replay TW3 or pickup Zero Dawn. Leaning toward the latter but I am really digging the Witcher books right now so I am feeling nostalgic. Took me over a year to read the Last Wish and about 6 days to read Sword of Destiny.

I believe he is talking about Magic: The Gathering.

I wish I still had my MTG cards. I used to have plenty of antiquities l, 5th Ed, some alpha and betas.

System Name OVERKILL
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (OS); WD Black 8TB x1; WD Black 4TB x2; Asus BW-16D1HT x2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
I still haven't figured out if I am going to replay TW3 or pickup Zero Dawn. Leaning toward the latter but I am really digging the Witcher books right now so I am feeling nostalgic. Took me over a year to read the Last Wish and about 6 days to read Sword of Destiny.

I wish I still had my MTG cards. I used to have plenty of antiquities l, 5th Ed, some alpha and betas.
Only played MTG from 1995-1999. Stopped after that.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
System Name OVERKILL
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Yeah, that was the general time for me. Maybe a little earlier and a little later.
A lot of the artwork is great but I just lost interest. Now my friend told me awhile ago there are perhaps two or three MTG video games on Steam with virtual decks. Oh, buoy.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I still haven't figured out if I am going to replay TW3 or pickup Zero Dawn.
I’ve just been aimlessly puttering around the house, not really deciding on anything to play for the last week. I believe I will pick up Zero Dawn as well. Looks interesting.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
I’ve kist been aimlessly puttering around the house, not really deciding on anything to play for the last week.
I’ve been the same way the last three months. Took the lazy way out, and was playing Skyrim SE. Yesterday I picked up TES:Oblivion. The graphics don’t look as bad I expected, the animations can be clunky/stiff but overall enjoyable for a second play through.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Cooling Water
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
The graphics don’t look as bad I expected

That is my expectation of TESVI. I expect Skyrim level graphics really considering they are just putting lipstick on a pig.

Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Software Windows11pro
Death Stranding... 7th attempt at completion. lol i just found out the PC ver gets Half Life gear and bonuses,
so ive been doing all the extra side missions to make sure i dont miss one. :toast: