• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Since I see AC games posted here quite often I have a general question regarding the games.

I did not play AC games except for AC Black Flag and even that I did not finish 'I will get to it one day..'.
Back in the days when the first game was new I did not really like it so I pretty much skipped all of the games after that.

Question is, does the games connect at any point like do I have to play them in a certain order or it doesn't really matter?
I have some of the older ones+Black Flag/Unity/Syndicate since those were free but sometimes I see Origins and Ody on sale and I was considering buying them.

I'm just wondering cause if I do decide to play most of the AC games then thats a lot of gametime, maybe by the time I get to Valhalla the GPU prices won't be as bad as now. :D
Not that I don't have enough backlog games already but adding AC to the list would definitely give me enough games to play this whole year.

To be honest, I played AC since part 1 (on PS3) and back in the day that game really presented an utterly AWESOME story that could really go super deep and be interesting the whole way through. But somehow this turned into a marketing dream where every installment is just another time frame with random events that are somehow related. Another part of the reality is probably that the first installment was... well, pretty critical of religion. Basically, you could say they shat all over it - albeit implictly. Town criers, the motivation of your enemies and how they express it, everything can be connected to it in some way, its an overarching theme and its also integral to the story itself. It gives the game a soul that perhaps only the next sequel somewhat preserved, but only because of its main character being a well crafted personality, it carries the parts that are missing otherwise coming from part 1.

Play the first one, really. Its slower, but many little details are done so incredibly well, the pace is never a drag. Just look around and enjoy things. Even back then it looked the part but the attention to detail was arguably higher. This slowly devolves into repetitive crap and everything slowly turns into a map marker as the sequels progress. But in the first one, most of it isn't actual gameplay, its just there. The city's alive without being there just for you. The first game isn't chock full of side quests either. Every thing in the city is there just to support the big assassination missions really, and screw around with random mechanics. There is no farm, there is barely any progression tree and collectibles are scarce. Its GTA on foot, sandbox fun with a dozen superbly crafted missions to go through.

Last edited:

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Recently played through (finally) DOOM 2016 and then DOOM Eternal. I really liked both games!
Now playing through (or trying to) DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods Part 1. It is challenging and at times frustrating, but man is it fun.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Recently played through (finally) DOOM 2016 and then DOOM Eternal. I really liked both games!
Now playing through (or trying to) DOOM Eternal The Ancient Gods Part 1. It is challenging and at times frustrating, but man is it fun.
Haven't played Eternal (just tried that it runs perfectly as I have the Xbox Game Pass subscription) but the Doom 2016 was insanely good!

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
I don't see competitive esports players here.
I usually end up playing more esports games than single player games because I'm usually gaming with friends. Valorant, League of Legends, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, and Civ 6 are the core of the rotation at the moment when I've got a couple buddies online. That said, I thoroughly enjoy single player games too. Most recent one I finished was Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Combat was a bit one-dimensional and clunky, but god damn, the visuals and audio in that game really serve to immerse you in the experience. Graphics aren't life-changing given it's a 2017 game, but look pretty damn good maxed at 1440p. The audio however is very cool. The protagonist suffers from psychosis, and all throughout the game you hear little voices (not constantly, but context-related) in response to what's happening in the game: e.g. if you're moving towards a door or something, they'll pester you "don't open it!, turn back!"; if you're struggling in combat they'll berate you, but they'll also help you too (if an enemy is out of sight they'll say "behind you!" or "watch out!" when you're about to get hit by someone you're not currently focused on). Extremely unique audio experience in my opinion. It's kinda short (only took me a little over 6 hours to finish), but the story is good ("Set in the Viking age, a broken Celtic warrior embarks on a haunting vision quest into Viking Hell to fight for the soul of her dead lover."). Currently on sale for $7.50 at GoG.

Question is, does the games connect at any point like do I have to play them in a certain order or it doesn't really matter?
I have some of the older ones+Black Flag/Unity/Syndicate since those were free but sometimes I see Origins and Ody on sale and I was considering buying them.
Thank you for asking this! I'm in a similar boat. Played a bit of the original AC back on PS3 but never finished. Beat AC3 and Black Flag, but haven't played any others. Think I have Unity on uPlay from when they were giving it away for free. I always see Origins and Odyssey on sale (especially on Epic) and have always toyed with whether or not to pick them up.

Everything changed with Origins. I do not recommend Origins. I strongly do not recommend it.
Origins bring this new form of gaming/mechanics/graphics. Even so - Origins was preparation for Oddysey.

Oddysey is where I would start. Oddysey comes together very well. Graphics are what we call a good-looking games, fighting is done right and the story is very very good.
You don't recommend Origins because Odyssey is just better? Or is there something inherently wrong with Odyssey?

You get only the main quests. All other things on the side are activities. If you hear someone talking out loud, a little girl calling for her mother, 2 people crying next to a burning house, a drunk man angry screaming in the streets, everything that is out of the ordinary - that is a "side quest" and activity.
This sounds pretty cool.

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
To be honest, I played AC since part 1 (on PS3) and back in the day that game really presented an utterly AWESOME story that could really go super deep and be interesting the whole way through. But somehow this turned into a marketing dream where every installment is just another time frame with random events that are somehow related. Another part of the reality is probably that the first installment was... well, pretty critical of religion. Basically, you could say they shat all over it - albeit implictly. Town criers, the motivation of your enemies and how they express it, everything can be connected to it in some way, its an overarching theme and its also integral to the story itself. It gives the game a soul that perhaps only the next sequel somewhat preserved, but only because of its main character being a well crafted personality, it carries the parts that are missing otherwise coming from part 1.

Play the first one, really. Its slower, but many little details are done so incredibly well, the pace is never a drag. Just look around and enjoy things. Even back then it looked the part but the attention to detail was arguably higher. This slowly devolves into repetitive crap and everything slowly turns into a map marker as the sequels progress. But in the first one, most of it isn't actual gameplay, its just there. The city's alive without being there just for you. The first game isn't chock full of side quests either. Every thing in the city is there just to support the big assassination missions really, and screw around with random mechanics. There is no farm, there is barely any progression tree and collectibles are scarce. Its GTA on foot, sandbox fun with a dozen superbly crafted missions to go through.
Dunno, I tried AC 1 when I was a lot younger obviously and lacked English understanding + the map design and the horse riding all over the place just noped me out of the game.

Sure I'm more patient now and actually understand what the hell is happening in games but still. 'The firs time I tried Witcher 1 I deleted it in 1 hour, now I actually finished it and enjoyed it:laugh:'

As it is right now AC 1 director's cut is 3 Euro on GoG so I might just grab it cause you said so.:D

Slowly wrapping up the achievements in Serious Sam 4.

And then I get a notification that Serious Sam 2 is getting an update with new content, almost 16 years after its debut.

A shame it doesn't have achievements, but I'm gonna play it anyways..

Man I just finished a re play of the whole serie a few months ago except 4 which was very unstable on my system.:oops: 'random crashes with no errors to desktop even after updates'

Fan of those games, 2016 has it charm and if I really have to pick then I think its the better and more enjoyable game in overall but both are great and fun games.
2016 was gifted to me by a friend and I had Eternal pre ordered as a physical box copy.

Don't yet own the DLC but I do plan on buying it sometime this year.

Too bad that theres a pretty big performance hit betrween the 2 games, 2016 I can easily max out @ native res and not really drop any frame yet Eternal is a lot heavier to run while looking same-ish.
Especially the gore nest map thats heavy.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
You don't recommend Origins because Odyssey is just better? Or is there something inherently wrong with Odyssey?
Not an easy answer.

Officially with Origins, they changed everything.
- new graphical engine, new npc / AI, with the engine came movement (combat included), and most importantly more than ever in history. History included main quest and side stuff. Your gonna go to a place, talk to an npc do an activity that has something to do with a piece of history, a story a legend with a known historical character.

Wrap your mind around this: AC was NEVER open world. It had big maps, but not what Skyrim calls the open world.

Origins was the beginning of this new AC type of game, with open-world gaming. Bayek is also probably the less most interesting main character with a story that starts very strong and .... dissipates very fast to boring.
So unless you LOVE Egypt or you are a fan AC, you can skip.
I don't love Egypt, but i had to play the AC game where the story started - the creed begging. Female empowerment: the creed was made by a woman
--------
Oddysey was the polished version. Better graphics, better everything. Very strong story, some sort of multiplayer (at least you had something), more voice acting and much more story
Valhalla is the very much upgraded version of Oddysey.

If you would had to choose ONLY one, go for the one that shows the Era that you feel most attracted to.
Do you need summertime and exotic places with a romantic story go for ancient Greece

If you like a more era with a much much darker and cold atmosphere - Valhalla is for you.
Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2021-3-2-21-14-45.jpg

Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Okay so I tried out Magic:Legends, new online ARPG or whatever its trying to be.

Damn I'm rarely this critic about games but this is a hot steaming you know what.

Yea I know its only open beta but tbh its more like an alpha version if anything, no graphics settings just presets and AA off or on but that doesn't matter cause the game actually runs worse than Cyberpunk at relase. :laugh: 'there are ppl reporting on the forums that the game actually overheats their gpus'

Can't disable/mute the chat so you are forced to see the twitch 10 year olds spamming level madness, apparently there is a chat command I found on the forums that works as a temporary solution but why its not built in the game by default is a good question.
Don't even have an XP bar on screen, have to open the char screen for that.

Also apprently ppl who logged in with their EPIC account and bought support/cosmetics packs in the game can't claim it cause that needs an actual game account registration and after they registered they can't see nor claim their previous purchase. 'I assume this will be fixed but still, how can they relase it like that'

Its just a total mess, had enough of it after ~1 hour of playing and that doesn't happen often with me.

Too bad cause I can see some fun in the gameplay mechanics but everything else is broken or non existant at this point.

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Resurrected Tomb ATI which adds better textures to TR1 and fixes the aspect ratio at native resolution. This is on the GOG version and is as smooth as you like.
tr1-tomb-ati.jpg

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
I've had Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens in my Steam library for about a year or so...but only started playing it last week, LOL. I've played most of the Lego Star Wars games, going clear back to the Nintendo Gamecube, and not one of them has failed to give me a good time with lots of laughs! While I do have the 3DS version of TFA (also hilarious), I never did play the PC version. I bought the Complete Edition of it when it was on sale on Steam (came with the season pass and a bunch of new adventures and character packs).

Last week while playing a side quest, I kid you not, at one point I was laughing so goddamn hard I had to pause the game for a bit! Good stuff!

I took some screenshots the other day of my two cuties getting their boogie on in the Millennium Falcon....

20210324212828_1.jpg

20210324212840_1.jpg

Also, does anyone know if The Skywalker Saga is still coming to PC?

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / MKNSSDTR256GB-3DL / LG BH16NS40 / ST10000VN0008
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
Keyboard HP Vectra VE keyboard (Part # D4950-63004)
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Dev channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
Processor Intel i9 11900K
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Ballistix Elite 4000 32GB 18-19-19-39
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID
Storage 2x Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD 1 TB, XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Acer Predator Z321QU
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Power Supply Asus ROG Strix 1000W
Finished my first Yakuza game Like A Dragon. I did rather like it. The game reminded me of some of the old JRPGs just as Final Fantasy did...that's good and bad but mostly good.

Now back to Immortals Fenyx Rising and the DLC Myths of the Eastern Realm. I still think that Immortals Fenyx Rising is one of the most underrated games out there. The DLC is more of the same in a new land and story. The story so far is not near the quality of the original. It's pretty dry compared to the LOL moments in the main game.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Also, does anyone know if The Skywalker Saga is still coming to PC?
I'd say the PC version would correlate with the Xbox version...

D

Deleted member 202104

Now back to Immortals Fenyx Rising and the DLC Myths of the Eastern Realm. I still think that Immortals Fenyx Rising is one of the most underrated games out there. The DLC is more of the same in a new land and story. The story so far is not near the quality of the original. It's pretty dry compared to the LOL moments in the main game.
I have Immortals installed and ready to go once I finish AC: Odyssey. I've gone as far as character creation and it looks like it's going to be a great game. Waiting for a sale to eventually pick up the DLC.

Processor Intel i9 11900K
Motherboard Z590 MSI ACE
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Ballistix Elite 4000 32GB 18-19-19-39
Video Card(s) EVGA 3090 XC3 ULTRA HYBRID
Storage 2x Seagate Barracuda 120 SSD 1 TB, XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB
Display(s) Acer Predator Z321QU
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Power Supply Asus ROG Strix 1000W
I have Immortals installed and ready to go once I finish AC: Odyssey. I've gone as far as character creation and it looks like it's going to be a great game. Waiting for a sale to eventually pick up the DLC.

It was made by the same crew that did Odyssey and the basics play the same...which is not a bad thing in my book.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Doom isn't bad but it's just soooooo overrated... :laugh: I prefer Wolfenstein 3D. ;)

I took another stab at Wolfenstein 3D last year and finally finished it. Took me 3 tries to finish it but it really is a classic.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
The second level's music from Wolf 3D is more than awesome!

I could never get into the Wolfenstein series until Return To Castle Wolfenstein. That was the game that roped me into the series.
Return is also pretty good! :)

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Finished my first Yakuza game Like A Dragon. I did rather like it. The game reminded me of some of the old JRPGs just as Final Fantasy did...that's good and bad but mostly good.

View attachment 194251

View attachment 194252

I'd say the PC version would correlate with the Xbox version...

I was on board with Immortals until I saw Ubisoft. Nah, not really in a mood for another open world.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I was on board with Immortals until I saw Ubisoft. Nah, not really in a mood for another open world.

Strangely that's what is stopping me too, I really don't want to play another AC especially not the numbers game they've put into it now, which really isn't much of a numbers game at all.

But what I've seen from Immortals so far did look nice..

Okay so I tried out Magic:Legends, new online ARPG or whatever its trying to be.

Damn I'm rarely this critic about games but this is a hot steaming you know what.

Yea I know its only open beta but tbh its more like an alpha version if anything, no graphics settings just presets and AA off or on but that doesn't matter cause the game actually runs worse than Cyberpunk at relase. :laugh: 'there are ppl reporting on the forums that the game actually overheats their gpus'

Can't disable/mute the chat so you are forced to see the twitch 10 year olds spamming level madness, apparently there is a chat command I found on the forums that works as a temporary solution but why its not built in the game by default is a good question.
Don't even have an XP bar on screen, have to open the char screen for that.

Also apprently ppl who logged in with their EPIC account and bought support/cosmetics packs in the game can't claim it cause that needs an actual game account registration and after they registered they can't see nor claim their previous purchase. 'I assume this will be fixed but still, how can they relase it like that'

Its just a total mess, had enough of it after ~1 hour of playing and that doesn't happen often with me.

Too bad cause I can see some fun in the gameplay mechanics but everything else is broken or non existant at this point.

Like you I really want that game to be something... but I think deep down I know it'll never be anything worth wasting time on :D

The idea is inspring... cast big spells like you do in the card game. But the card game isn't really about big spells at all. Its about turning crap and seemingly random stuff into something useful to play a card game with.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Like you I really want that game to be something... but I think deep down I know it'll never be anything worth wasting time on :D

The idea is inspring... cast big spells like you do in the card game. But the card game isn't really about big spells at all. Its about turning crap and seemingly random stuff into something useful to play a card game with.

I'm not familiar with the original card game cause I don't really like those games. 'don't like playing cards irl either'

I just saw some gameplay and trailers on a channel I follow and I was interested, idk it looked fun in a way.
Oh well it was worth a try, every now and then I will check on it and see if its getting better or not. 'I have my doubts obviously:D'

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
I finished, Gothic 1 again. Yes.

I have to admit, Gothic 1 has been an incredibly challenging adventure for me. Frankly, it took me almost a few hours to get used to the controls. Fortunately, I was finally able to add the WASD combination to the controls and play comfortably. The controls were quite challenging, I want to say that.

On the other hand, the story of the game amused and surprised me a lot. At times, even though I had travelled the same places hundreds of times for different missions, I didn't give up, and I was happy to finally learn the piece of a really good story. The story of the game, the dialogues and quests are very cleverly written. I was amazed by The Nameless Hero's reactions to some situations. Additionally, some quests let's yo to solve some puzzles, too. Switches. Switches. Switches.

Almost for everything, I had to deserve a place to obtain something. For example, to be able to wear good armour, I must first gain prestige and position, so to speak. However, every old-school game has this feature. I think this triggered the player to spend more time and experience more in the Gothic universe. It is very good because the experience points and the skills you have will save your life in the future.

In terms of character development, Gothic 1 looks very different. It encourages the player to use their experience points wisely and be more careful.

I want to state that I have had a hard time in the beginning. However, as I get used to the controls and explore the universe of Gothic, I start to realize that I enjoy the game. That's why I suggest you try to play the game, learn more information about its story and get better equipment. This is a good thing, of course. I want to add though if you don't love to play old-school games, Gothic might be a bit of a challenge for you.

My most important suggestion is to save the game often. You will thank me later.

System Name Core
Processor Intel 12700k @ 5.0/4.0
Motherboard ASRock z690 Steel Legend
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer 420 AiO
Memory GSkill 64GB 3200 cas 14 b die
Video Card(s) Asus Nvidia RTX 4070 Super OC
Storage Optane 900p x2, SK Hynix p41 Pro
Display(s) ACER 250hz 1080p 25" IPS display
Case Phanteks p500a with all Noctua Chromax/Arctic fans
Audio Device(s) Focusrite interface, Presonus Studio Monitors and Subwoofer
Power Supply Seasonic 850w plat with cable mod cables
Mouse Glorious Model O
Keyboard Corsair mech k65
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3dmark TimeSpy 20240-rtx 3090FE/12700k/Optane 3dmark TimeSpy 21862-rtx 4070Super/12700k/Optane
Currently going between VR (Beat Saber) and PC Cod multiplayer.