• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
More Hunter COTW - Finding my approach to this game is going to work very well for using a bow. Yet nearly everything except bunnies can be aggressive enough to make it a fitting change of scenery from Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

theHunter_Screenshot_2022-12-01_15_34_41.jpg
theHunter_Screenshot_2022-12-09_07_19_03.jpg

Fallout4, sometimes Hell let loose, Insurgency: Sandstorm and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
Right now I am playing throw the wolfenstein games and I am at the last game so far. Wolfenstein: youngblood.

Next after that here very soon, I am planning spending some time on Witcher 3 next gen update. I never got a chance to complete it, but now I have some time to do that amd with the new update, that seems like a good time to do that. Also now out is cold and dark.

System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12A Chromax
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 12gb Asus TUF OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB OS / 860 EVO 500 GB /860 EVO 1TB/ Seagate 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 3440x1440p 144hz nano-ips ultrawide
Case Phanteks P500A (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX focus gold 80plus
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Haste
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core - Tenkeyless
Software W10
More Hunter COTW - Finding my approach to this game is going to work very well for using a bow. Yet nearly everything except bunnies can be aggressive enough to make it a fitting change of scenery from Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

View attachment 273970View attachment 273971
i stopped playing cuz there was a mission hunting a blacktail from 300 mts away in a zone where it never spawned. i try all kind of scents, lures and calls. no luck.
Kraken Bridge mission

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
God of War (PC version). At first try, it seemed to me like a bleak ripoff of Old Norse mythology with overly cheesy, superhero-style combat, but the more I play it, the more I love it! I thought it was going to be a story-intensive game, but now it looks more like a walking simulator in Viking tales, which I think is awesome. :)

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
i stopped playing cuz there was a mission hunting a blacktail from 300 mts away in a zone where it never spawned. i try all kind of scents, lures and calls. no luck.
Kraken Bridge mission

At least currently Kraken Bridge is a Whitetail (nonexistent) from within 32m. South Lake is [deer?] from at least 280m.
Feeling I'm getting is the dev's force you into moving around a lot to either game the spawning algorithm or wander and revisit areas.
In the case of an area as confined as Kraken Bridge I think you need to find tracks or leave. Instead of hoping something materializes.

COTW just had a large update. You might revisit the game and find a few changes that make it fun again.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
@nomdeplume why are you supporting a company that made a game about animal cruelty? you're not gonna answer this, and I don't expect you to. What I do expect from you is to get yourself triggered so in the future you can make a difference.
You can play Hatred on Steam, GTA 4 (where you can kill a pregnant woman with a grenade launcher), or Postal. There are all funny games, considering you are simulating killing human characters. So basically any other single video game ever made, cuz in Witcher as far as you are concerned those soldiers have families at home.

---------
And speaking about killing humans or animals cruelty. Fear, not The Last Oricru, has got you covered. You kill mutated rat people and some zombie dudes

20221211163043_1.jpg

It's a soul game with an online co-op. Unlike Elden Ring, no one can invade you when you are playing with your friend. But if anything this has an epic story.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
@nomdeplume why are you supporting a company that made a game about animal cruelty? you're not gonna answer this, and I don't expect you to. What I do expect from you is to get yourself triggered so in the future you can make a difference.
You can play Hatred on Steam, GTA 4 (where you can kill a pregnant woman with a grenade launcher), or Postal. There are all funny games, considering you are simulating killing human characters. So basically any other single video game ever made, cuz in Witcher as far as you are concerned those soldiers have families at home.
If this is supposed to be a sarcastic comment, please indicate.

You do realise that this thread is about games, and not acts in the real world, right? Just because you hunt animals in a game, it doesn't mean the game promotes animal cruelty. Not to mention that witchers don't hunt humans - they only kill when it's necessary for self-defence. If you, the player, go after humans yourself, that's on you (but still, no one judges you, because like I said, it's a game). :)

Edit: Equally, GTA is not a game about killing pregnant women, and Postal is not a simulator of anything. If you think it is, you're missing the point. Shaking off the restraints of the real world and having some light-hearted, escapist fun isn't all bad. :)

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I got in a mood to play Metro Exodus again. I keep thinking about that Stalker trailer we all saw a while back. I'm opting to just do Sam's Story.

So I fired the game up. It loads in windowed fullscreen... and for the first moments, it's not aligned and part of the game runs offscreen. This brings me to pause, as I contemplate the fact that I've been playing a lot of Elden Ring, which I know to have a 60fps native lock. Before playing games like that, I also clock my 165hz display down to 60hz and flip to a profile that caps a couple fps below that for better frametime consistency and input response. Especially helpful in ER, which at times feels a lot like a DS3 character has been placed in a world of Bloodborne enemies.

Thing is, it turned out I had closed Metro Exodus for nothing. My monitor was already running at max speed. So what that means is I've been stretching 60 frames across 165 this whole time and not only did I not notice this, but I was having the best run of the game I've ever had. I've never felt so good about how fights went - how aware and in control I could be. They feel MUCH slower to me now. It's like the Meshuggah of combat systems in reality. Only fast in bursts, with repetitive, but tricky timing patterns and random deviations you have to learn to react to. It's all about how you approach offense and how/when exactly you pivot across moves. With enough practice, you can turn a snap decision into a battle plan mid-fight. Sometimes I think that's what you're actually meant to do. All of the cruel combo-ing, ranged, distance-busting, and AOE-ing enemies in this game basically require adaptive methods, like... INTENSE levels of opportunism.

Honestly though! Most footage I see of people stuck dying is them failing to adapt in losing battles of cyclic attrition. That will make it feel too fast, uncontrolled, and ultimately very stressful. When you can execute moves precisely enough to play more deviantly, a lot of bosses become deceptively easy. Some of it does come down to build. Whatever you do has to count - you need to be able to capitalize on every hit you score, which requires a union in your combat instincts and understanding of the RPG system. People often say it's easy to ride by enemies, but good luck getting through the tough fights you gotta do with that character. You need to be able to fight a majority of enemies you encounter in relatively quick and consistent ways to get anywhere and not suffer through bosses later. The longer the fights run, the more disadvantageous it is to you. It's just more chances to fail a combo or miss a dodge - time without damage going out. DPS efficiency matters. Past that, it's just about being able to execute all of the different control combos you'll be doing, quickly and thoughtlessly, in any sequence you might need to do them in. One of the best things they did was adding jump. Incorporating that changes the whole dynamic. I think it has about as many iframes as a full roll, but is quicker, costs little in stamina, and leads immediately into punishing attacks that you can queue.

Can't underestimate backsteps (I think a lot of people don't even realize pressing dodge with no directional input triggers a short, quick backstep with a couple iframes.) There are cool piercing attacks you can do off of them, too. It's like Bloodhound Step-lite when you do a crouched backstep into an attack. If you time the inputs right, you get a quick dip back followed immediately by a larger piercing lunge foreward. Even the fast jump attacks are lethal - like I said, used right, it functions as a more immediate dodge with slightly more recovery frames, but near-instant transition to a punishing attack. Regular attacks triggered while coming up from crouch hit for NASTY damage with many slow to mid speed weapons, and come off nearly twice as fast as standard, quickly returning to standing idle. I'm finding all sorts of ways to punish different enemies mid-combo without needing to break their poise... just threading the needle and keeping up with dodge patterns between combos. Some of the bosses are still bullshit, but I also get the impression that people are missing out on a lot of different opportunities in combat. For instance, anybody notice how much quicker potion use is when crouched? I'm tellin you, the way to succeed in this game is to fight as much as possible for better windows of time, more often.

I guess what this makes me realize is that no matter how your configuration runs, there is no replacement for ingrained, intuitive decision-making reflex. I've played the game a few times now, though this is the most thorough. At this point, I deal with most things in the game calmly and efficiently. But that's because my eyes and hands are thoroughly trained on a wide range of different situations and strategies. I figure I succeeded in spite of the new handicap because of my knowledge and experience with the game. I'm guess it's like an 80/20 split between configuration and skill, assuming the configuration is at least serviceable. I mean, how did we ever play Bloodborne on console? :laugh:

Last edited:
Edit: Equally, GTA is not a game about killing pregnant women, and Postal is not a simulator of anything. If you think it is, you're missing the point. Shaking off the restraints of the real world and having some light-hearted, escapist fun isn't all bad. :)
This! Gaming has always been about that point unless it's specifically a simulator designed to mimic real life situation.

Software Windows 10 Pro
I got in a mood to play Metro Exodus again. I keep thinking about that Stalker trailer we all saw a while back. I'm opting to just do Sam's Story.

So I fired the game up. It loads in windowed fullscreen... and for the first moments, it's not aligned and part of the game runs offscreen. This brings me to pause, as I contemplate the fact that I've been playing a lot of Elden Ring, which I know to have a 60fps native lock. Before playing games like that, I also clock my 165hz display down to 60hz and flip to a profile that caps a couple fps below that for better frametime consistency and input response. Especially helpful in ER, which at times feels a lot like a DS3 character has been placed in a world of Bloodborne enemies.

Thing is, it turned out I had closed Metro Exodus for nothing. My monitor was already running at max speed. So what that means is I've been stretching 60 frames across 165 this whole time and not only did I not notice this, but I was having the best run of the game I've ever had. I've never felt so good about how fights went - how aware and in control I could be. They feel MUCH slower to me now. It's like the Meshuggah of combat systems in reality. Only fast in bursts, with repetitive, but tricky timing patterns and random deviations you have to learn to react to. It's all about how you approach offense and how/when exactly you pivot across moves. With enough practice, you can turn a snap decision into a battle plan mid-fight. Sometimes I think that's what you're actually meant to do. All of the cruel combo-ing, ranged, distance-busting, and AOE-ing enemies in this game basically require adaptive methods, like... INTENSE levels of opportunism.

Honestly though! Most footage I see of people stuck dying is them failing to adapt in losing battles of cyclic attrition. That will make it feel too fast, uncontrolled, and ultimately very stressful. When you can execute moves precisely enough to play more deviantly, a lot of bosses become deceptively easy. Some of it does come down to build. Whatever you do has to count - you need to be able to capitalize on every hit you score, which requires a union in your combat instincts and understanding of the RPG system. The longer the fights run, the more disadvantageous it is to you. DPS efficiency matters. Past that, it's just about being able to execute all of the different control combos you'll be doing, quickly and thoughtlessly, in any sequence you might need to do them in. One of the best things they did was adding jump. Incorporating that changes the whole dynamic. I think it has about as many iframes as a full roll, but is quicker, costs little in stamina, and leads immediately into punishing attacks that you can queue.

Can't underestimate backsteps (I think a lot of people don't even realize pressing dodge with no directional input triggers a short, quick backstep with a couple iframes.) There are cool piercing attacks you can do off of them, too. It's like Bloodhound Step-lite when you do a crouched backstep into an attack. If you time the inputs right, you get a quick dip back followed immediately by a larger piercing lunge foreward. Even the fast jump attacks are lethal - like I said, used right, it functions as a more immediate dodge with slightly more recovery frames, but near-instant transition to a punishing attack. Regular attacks triggered while coming up from crouch hit for NASTY damage with many slow to mid speed weapons, and come off nearly twice as fast as standard, quickly returning to standing idle. I'm finding all sorts of ways to punish different enemies mid-combo without needing to break their poise... just threading the needle and keeping up with dodge patterns between combos. Some of the bosses are still bullshit, but I also get the impression that people are missing out on a lot of different opportunities in combat.

I guess what this makes me realize is that no matter how your configuration runs, there is no replacement for ingrained, intuitive decision-making reflex. I've played the game a few times now, though this is the most thorough. At this point, I deal with most things in the game calmly and efficiently. But that's because my eyes and hands are thoroughly trained on a wide range of different situations and strategies. I figure I succeeded in spite of the new handicap because of my knowledge and experience with the game. I'm guess it's like an 80/20 split between configuration and skill, assuming the configuration is at least serviceable. I mean, how did we ever play Bloodborne on console? :laugh:
I don't understand why some games default to borderless windowed mode, and why some games don't have full-screen options. Full-screen is the only way, imo.

As for M:E, my general advice to people is to treat it not as a regular FPS, but as a survival game. Don't get knocked down, save ammo, and make sure every shot counts. Don't go rampaging a horde of monsters if there's another route. Plan ahead.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I've noticed this in some recent games as well, its very annoying. I prefer full screen as well, it just seems more stable overall historically.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I've noticed this in some recent games as well, its very annoying. I prefer full screen as well, it just seems more stable overall historically.
TBH, I've never even paid attention to how it all works. I just know that windowed fullscreen is the most likely to randomly struggle with overlays. I also know that switching from whichever you're at to another is a common troubleshooting step, particularly with games from the era before this one.
As for M:E, my general advice to people is to treat it not as a regular FPS, but as a survival game. Don't get knocked down, save ammo, and make sure every shot counts. Don't go rampaging a horde of monsters if there's another route. Plan ahead.
Yeap. Ranger hardcore in particular is all about that in ME. It's a lot rougher when things are so scarce, everything notices you, and you have like half of the workbenches/healing safehouses about. Not to mention, there's no manual saving with extremely sparse autosaves. There's kind of a balance where you only want to be engaging enemies when there is a fitting reward on the other side, such as gear that gives a combat advantage (reducing chances of being hurt in combat, increases ammo/resource efficiency) or materials that make up for what you spend with a little bonus. Often, the gains will still be minimal in that situation, versus what you spend doing everything right and being lucky enough to not get boned by the shot angle RNG. When you do fight, it's as quick as possible, with as much margin for being overwhelmed as possible, using the bear minimum you need to use to get passage. And don't spaz and get yer shit dirty in one dumb scrap - fuck yourself over with a gun that jams, misses, and has just a handful of rounds left!

Even on ranger hardcore, there are enough materials on every level to use your full arsenal in any *necessary* encounter. It's just a matter of careful planning mixed with very effective use of weapons and tools. I'd say there are many times when you MUST make these excursions to really survive well, and knowing when to do that is equally as vital as practicing general situational awareness and active avoidance.

The only exception may be human enemies. As long as you take them patiently, often with mixed-stealth, you can gain such an edge up in your set up. With good stealth, killing 10 dudes can cost single digit amounts of resources to you. Meanwhile, they all drop ammo, resources, weapons/mods.

There are all sorts of crazy trade-offs in that game. For instance, right on the Volga, there's one spot that is just NASTY NASTY. It's under the bridge with the train car where you meet Duke. Not only are there a solid dozen Lurkers that are very fast, can put you on your back, deal lethal damage, take multiple good hits to drop, move underground, and take turns attacking in rapid succession like bands of Hyenas... but there is also a flying Demon that hangs out there, who will zero in the moment you start shooting on the ground. And you have exactly zero seconds to look at the sky with Lucifer's Chihuahuas knawing at your ankles. Just being on the bridge in the DAY is scary because you hear them right down there and you know they will rush up there and tear you apart in front of a Demon in seconds, if they feel like it. The Demon also CAN decided to drop you right into the nest. Fuckers are smart - Krest is wrong, the beasts are smarter than Humanimals. There is stuff to get below, but if you survive, the ammo cost is astronomical. They're relentless and everywhere - you're probably eating med kits. The Lurkers read both your input and your orientation to ensure that they pretty much always down you eventually. One time, one knocked me down, and the Demon scooped me up and hawk-dropped me to my doom. It's kind of just a death trap to engage. And range doesn't work so well - they either close the gap verrrry quickly, or hide in ambush. Later in the game, you have a vehicle that gives you and advantage. Being exposed to a big Lurker nest is a whole nother ballpark.

But on one playthrough, I straight up crawled between them in the night to get the stuff there. It's counterintuitive. The tradeoff with night is that human enemies are often less alert/active, while the amount of roaming beasts increases tremendously, as does their aggression. The ground-dwellers are much more active across the board. And then there are the electricity balls - those things still give me mini panic attacks. But what goes missed in that is that this is only a problem if they see/hear you. It's so dark in that spot at night that they won't see you as long as you keep positioned right and stop moving at the right time. I stopped countless times in the open, with multiple Lurkers trouncing and snarling just feet away. That was when an orb spawned towards the bridge, aggroing and shaving down their numbers - and giving me a chance to slowly advance more. By keeping crouched, going slow, and minding their vision/hearing range, I was able to avoid a skirmish. I only had to kill one, which is feasible at close range with a tikhar from stealth. It heard me and faced me, but it couldn't see me because I wasn't moving. Even the Demons often sleep under the bridges at night, so I got off easy. Just had to play it juuuussst right.

Not gonna lie. That shit was exhilarating. Every second of it was heart-pounding. I was in a loop of being astonished that I was still alive.

So that's a whole extra element you can use to your advantage. I do the same dealing with the shrimp at night. There will be so many near the banks at night, but in a way, it's the better time to be in the boat because if you are careful, many of those on the shore won't notice you and you just have fewer bugs to worry about in the water. Take advantage of the free floating and wait till the turn from shore to paddle cautiously.

You gotta work smarter, not harder with ME. What I find it rewards better than anything else, is creative risk-taking. It's just a matter of the thought you put into the risks you take, and what information you've gathered about the surroundings.

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
TBH, I've never even paid attention to how it all works. I just know that windowed fullscreen is the most likely to randomly struggle with overlays. I also know that switching from whichever you're at to another is a common troubleshooting step, particularly with games from the era before this one.

My main issue with windowed mode is a lot of Nvidia gpu's specifically require you manually to turn gsync on for windowed mode, where as it only works in fullscreen at default settings. So a lot of people probably don't know this, casual gamers and such, so they are not getting benefits of gsync ever.

I am not sure how amd freesync premium works, there is no option in driver settings for windowed mode, so I assume it just applies it automatically to both modes.

System Name Office,Home and Game PC
Processor Intel Core i5 12600k Up to 4.9 GHz
Motherboard Z690 Gaming X Gigabyte DDR4 Version
Cooling Fuma 2 Air Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR4 2x16 3600 MHz Patriot Viper Steel RAM
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and RTX 3070
Storage 512 GB M2 PCI Ex 3.0 NVMe SX6000 Pro, 1TB NV2 Kingston M2 PCI Ex 4.0 and 4TB WD Blue SATA 3.0 HDD
Display(s) 27 inç 75 Hz LG
Case Cooler Master MB511
Audio Device(s) Creative 2+1
Power Supply 750W 80+ Bronze PSU High Power Element
Mouse Logitech Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 10-11
I played Gow Ragnarok for a long time. Now I'm thinking of playing my old friend AC4 Black Flag I still love this game .

Software Windows 10 Pro
My main issue with windowed mode is a lot of Nvidia gpu's specifically require you manually to turn gsync on for windowed mode, where as it only works in fullscreen at default settings. So a lot of people probably don't know this, casual gamers and such, so they are not getting benefits of gsync ever.

I am not sure how amd freesync premium works, there is no option in driver settings for windowed mode, so I assume it just applies it automatically to both modes.
I don't know, to be honest. I tend to avoid windowed mode like the plague. It seems to work fine with God of War's borderless mode, though (it doesn't have fullscreen mode for some reason). I see no screen tearing with V-sync off and a 60 FPS lock.

I think the problem with windowed mode is that the GPU still has to adapt to the desktop's refresh rate, regardless of what FPS you have in the game.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I played Gow Ragnarok for a long time. Now I'm thinking of playing my old friend AC4 Black Flag I still love this game .

Black Flag is such a great game. I am one of those rare people who has enjoyed every AC game I have played though... I'm just not as picky as other people I guess.

I actually was playing original AC last week, man it was still fun and beautiful to me especially scaled to higher resolution.

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
I don't know why I insist on replaying games I hate.
Going once again through The Evil Within. Nearly finished with AKUMU mode, got perhaps only a coupla hundred more rage-quits left. Next will be doing an easy run to finish main game achievements, then perhaps I'd have enough patience left to do clear DLC ones.
20221209225702_1.jpg20221209154749_1.jpg
Man, Shinji Mikami may be a cap-wearing genius, but this thing is just a mess!
Still impressed by environment/scene transitions, but not always a fan of how they did effects.
The light flicker/double vision thing when Keeper respawns really made me consider just letting him stick around in his first safe. My sight is already bad as is ffs!

Proton has some issues with texture streaming, some horrible popping and delayed loading. Could potentially be fixed, but too lazy to do it. Results can range from mildly amusing, to an annoying spam of the escape/menu button to be able to solve some stupid puzzle!
20221209154247_1.jpg

Software Windows 10 Pro
Black Flag is such a great game. I am one of those rare people who has enjoyed every AC game I have played though... I'm just not as picky as other people I guess.

I actually was playing original AC last week, man it was still fun and beautiful to me especially scaled to higher resolution.
The original AC is a brilliant game! :)

It's a shame the series took a deep dive not long after it. AC2 was alright, AC3 was a bit too much in terms of side quests and points of interests on the map, but overall playable. I finished it, but gave up on the series. I wanted to pick it up again with AC: Rogue (playing as a templar sounded awesome), but what a mess that game was! :( I got lost just doing the main story. Never even finished it.

My problem with late AC games is that they're trying to be too many things at the same time. There's too much distraction and I lose the point of it all.

People say Black Flag is great, and I should probably play it, I just haven't been able to get myself to it.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
The original AC is a brilliant game! :)

It's a shame the series took a deep dive not long after it. AC2 was alright, AC3 was a bit too much in terms of side quests and points of interests on the map, but overall playable. I finished it, but gave up on the series. I wanted to pick it up again with AC: Rogue (playing as a templar sounded awesome), but what a mess that game was! :( I got lost just doing the main story. Never even finished it.

My problem with late AC games is that they're trying to be too many things at the same time. There's too much distraction and I lose the point of it all.

People say Black Flag is great, and I should probably play it, I just haven't been able to get myself to it.

my AC favorite game list in order:

AC1, AC2, Black Flag, Revelations, AC3, Brotherhood.

that's all I have played so far, I am hoping to get to Unity and some other ones whenever I go 4k OLED. I am saving my 60 fps capped games like those for when I have 4k OLED someday.

Software Windows 10 Pro
my AC favorite game list in order:

AC1, AC2, Black Flag, Revelations, AC3, Brotherhood.

that's all I have played so far, I am hoping to get to Unity and some other ones whenever I go 4k OLED. I am saving my 60 fps capped games like those for when I have 4k OLED someday.
If Black Flag is that far up the list, then I guess it'd be worth giving a chance. Let me see if there's a discount on it on Steam. :)

Software Windows 10 Pro
Not true. I often play certain games in a Windowed mode.
I can see the point if you're running other apps in the background. I only run task manager and GPU-Z on my small secondary screen to monitor hardware usage, temps, etc. I don't like distractions. :ohwell:

Reactions: Kei
I can see the point if you're running other apps in the background. I only run task manager and GPU-Z on my small secondary screen to monitor hardware usage, temps, etc. I don't like distractions. :ohwell:
Normally, I follow that same school of thought. But there are times where I want to have a gaming session and multi-task.