• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What does your rig mean to you?

What do you DO with your rig? Multiple-choices.

• Single Player Gaming

Votes: 81 87.1%
  • Multi-Player Gaming

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • Crypto Mining

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Science!

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • I own/run/support a business/organization

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • Design and/or Development

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Graphics or Video

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Retired

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I'm broke and my stove died so...

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 31.2%

• Total voters
Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
I'm an entrepreneur building an all-in-one web platform for building websites for maximum performance and quality. To me my rig is built of quality components that I depend on to last for years (even if my intention is to upgrade once every two years or so) that must be used for coding, databases, dozens of browsers, some virtual machines, multimedia work (image editing/optimization, some video work and if I'm lucky some music creation) and of course gaming on the side for when I press the mental gas pedal and I get no go. My rig also allows me to research, learn and expand my mind far beyond what I would be able to do if I could only go to a library and it allows me to do so with the limited budget an entrepreneur has to work with until things start really moving. My rig will allow me to gain my financial freedom in 2020, escape Florida and eventually start a family. My rig will allow me to build a business that will save other businesses and even save marriages that would fall to ruin if those businesses didn't have the software that I have been building. My rig literally means the world to me because I could not be more than a single leaf of a tree or a board of a skyscraper; I could not be me without my rig.

What does your rig mean to you?

D

Deleted member 185158

Well.... I have more than one rig. I do not depend on the PC for anything, it's pure hobby related.

That said, gaming, webbing, videos, benchmarking and overclocking, the later 2 being the main concern toward most of the builds.

Love the hardware cooling aspect just as much as using the PC for various things.

System Name just ordinary potato system, but dont understimate potato..
Processor ryzen raven ridge 2200g, ryzen 2600 upgrade:)
Motherboard msi b350 pc mate, biostars a320, asrock ab350m micro
Cooling x2 cheap china handmade, i got plenty aigo/fantech rgb fans now heh
Memory klevv dual channel 8gb 3000mhz, trident 16gb 3600mhz, random ddr2 stick
Video Card(s) back to square, using vega 56 now:D
Storage wd green ssd 240gb, 3tb seagate expnasion, random laptop hdd x4, 1tb 3.5
Display(s) acer vgo 22inch fullhd 75hz
Case cheap segotep/dazumba mid atx, alcatroz mini atx
Audio Device(s) genius retro wood style, harman kardon stick iii
Power Supply be quite system power9, powerlogic standar, voltron 300fx, thermaltake smart 1200w
Mouse rexus, genius ps/2, powerlogic ps/2 ball tracking
Keyboard rexus, random china product x3
Software talking abt best software, autodesk/unity3d/notepad yes notepad!!
Benchmark Scores theres nothing to brag abt potato, but it can run decent 30fps fullhd with good setting:)
curiosity or a hobby maybe:laugh:

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Gaming & multimedia most of the time. And reading TPU & other forums :toast: My HTPC does the same, but my main rig is faster, and this has more love in it :D I mean cable management, custom loop watercooling etc.. :)

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
I use my main PC for gaming and other general use. Sometimes I do video editing and 3D rendering on it.

I use my laptop for the same things whenever I'm away from home or don't want to be at my desk.

My media server serves media (shocking), stores my data, and sometimes I'll transcode video files on it instead of my main PC.

My HTPC doesn't really do anything other than YouTube and occasional streaming from my media server.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃B550-I Strix
Cooling PA120+T30┃AXP120x67
Memory 64GB 6000CL30┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Display(s) 43" QN90B / 32" M32Q / 27" S2721DGF
Case Caselabs S3┃Lone Industries L5
Power Supply Corsair HX1000┃HDPlex
My rig represents the ability to be a functional human being :laugh: I wouldn't be caught dead doing anything more than taking notes, watching an occasional video / movie and browsing the web on my ultrabook. For all the other gaming, Discord use, studying, Web content consumption, music listening, and personal research and documentation into topics that interest me, my rig is my go-to.

It's always been intended to be reliable, well-protected on the go, and modular enough to be easy to work on at any point in time, especially when faced with those oh shit moments that can be befall anyone. And the Pelican 1510 has always been there to protect it from any punishment that airports can dish out, until this frequent transatlantic commute nightmare ends some time in the (hopefully) near future. It's got the stickers, and both have the scuffs to prove their lineage :p

No, it's not the smallest, prettiest, fastest or coolest SFF rig around. But it can definitely hold its own as a contender for "most miles flown" and for being one of the OGs, doing the SFF + 1510 tag team before it was cool.

freeagent

Staff member
System Name Altered Beast
Processor AMD R9 5900X/5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850X 2TB, SN850 1TB, SN770 1TB - Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Its purely a hobby, but since my tv is my monitor, and my pc itself is connected to my amp through HDMI, its become an integral piece to my entertainment system. I play my games, watch movies, pound tunes, and talk to like minded individuals in my hobbies and interest groups. But mostly its my book, because it seems most of what I do with it is just read :cool:

But mostly its my tinker toy, and part time OCD machine.

System Name Ryzen
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus (Wi-Fi)
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB + 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC
Storage WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe SSD + Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Gigabyte G27QC
Case NZXT H510 Flow
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Prime
Power Supply Corsair RM650x Gold 650W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Cherry MX Blue
Software Windows 11 Pro
I grew up with PCs around me, and since I was a teenager and began building my own, my PCs have more or less been an extension of myself and central to my digital life within my home :)

Primary uses of my PC, but not limited to are: web browsing, email, media server, gaming, 3D modelling, Quake mapping :D, and storage of all of my accumulated stuff from the last 20 years or more of my PC use.

Oh, and I can't forget the fact that my PC can now act as an ambient light source within my living room thanks to its window and LED lighting :laugh:

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
If I'm being honest with myself, it's a hobby first and foremost. Single-player gaming is a bonus. I love gaming but it's not really my MO at all. If I have something to game on, I'll game a bunch. If I don't, I'll find other things to do. I also do a lot of photo editing, as well as recording/mixing. Of course it's also nice to have a full monitor to look at instead of a phone/tablet/laptop display, and have a snappy machine that makes everyday tasks easy and helps me stay organized. It's also the heart of all of my entertainment. I don't have cable, no TV, even. I just find a PC to be better and more flexible than a traditional system. You have to mess with them more to get things working and there's upkeep, so they're not as convenient. But you can really tailor them to do whatever you want. And with everything being on the internet it just seems like the most logical be-all, end-all entertainment platform.

I definitely built this system expecting all of these things of it. But really, I just enjoy learning about, handling, tinkering with, and collecting PC hardware. I'd be lying if I said I NEEDED my 3900x :rolleyes:

I have a ton a ton A TON of interests that come and go. I'm one of those people where it's a new series of wild info dumps every month, whenever you get me talking about what I'm up to. It's either not on my radar or fully zoomed-in. I don't have side-interests. I put my full energy into one or two at a time, jumping across a wide range over the years. And I can be extremely deeply into it for a while, but most of those are fly-by-night passions. And usually once I'm done with those things, I'm done. PC building just sticks with me... something about it has always got me going, since I was a kid... so I'm happy to invest good chunks of time/money into it. Aside from PC building, the only two things I can call 'lifelong passions' are music/guitar and writing. I move impulsively towards those 3 things, even if I drift to other things at times. Those are my mainstays. If I had a bunch of disposable income, I promise you I'd be one of those guys with rooms of PC parts... just doing builds, putting them to the test, modding them, upgrading them... documenting every endeavor with photos and specifics about them. I'd continue as long as time and resources allowed me to, long after my actual PC needs were met.

I always expect that my build will do what I need it to do, and more. So from there, it's all about the journey. Sometimes I'll pick up new endeavors just because my hardware can do it. For instance, I was never super interested in crunching or the plethora of things that can be done with VM's, but now I'm studying and playing with things like that, just because I have a CPU that's super-down for it (though a memory upgrade is going to be inevitable.) And it's teaching me all sorts of things that I never would've known about otherwise. I didn't buy it explicitly for those things. I bought it because I could and the technology that went into it is fascinating to me. And I do things with it that it's good at, because I now have something with those capabilities. And in the process, I learn more and deepen my appreciation for the whole deal. The more I get hands-on with different hardware, the more into it I get. So I keep doing it, even that's all it does for me. Who knows? Maybe I'll grab blender and start teaching myself about 3D rendering. That'd be fun for a while. This is how I think and operate when it comes to PC's.

That's the other thing... so many of my interests revolve around PC's in some way. It's hard to imagine me giving up nice hardware just because I haven't found a use for it. There's always a chance something is around the corner that the better hardware grants more entry to.

I guess for me, building PC's is sort of a ticket to learning more about them. Most of the hardware I tinker with is cheap or salvaged, just because I want something to gut and mess with. But every now and then I also like to go in on a build, just to make something that's truly nice and just sort of lose myself in the whole process. And then in the end, you can look at your creation and bask in the knowledge that you did well and put your mark on something that other people can see and appreciate as being meaningful in some way. It's basically a tangible manifestation for how I feel about PC's and tech in general. You know when you see my build that those things are a big part of my life.

And of course, a lot of people won't admit this, but I like showing it off. I mean, you put all of this time and money into a capable, nice-looking machine. You set it up exactly how you want it and go down to minutia getting this and that just right. Why wouldn't you show it off? It's a tangible result of something you probably love doing and care about. It's a way of showing people a piece of who you are and what you're about.

TLDR: I-unno. It's fun.

Last edited:

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
My desktop is for gaming and nothing else. Gaming is an enjoyable hobby to me and it has been for a long, long time. Since around 1980 and off and on since then. I have played some multiplayer but I much prefer the single player experience. I have a laptop for everything else. Surfing, emails, videos etc. If i didn't play video games then I wouldn't even build a desktop rig. I would have no use for it. I would just use the laptop.

Last edited:
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
what does my rig mean to me you ask?

NADT!! life does exist away from this box that's much more satisfying.. so other for me!

I don't use my rig for the sake of using my rig though it will allow me to soon go out and do much more in the world that I simply could not have done without it. I agree that a computer should never be an end to itself.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Gaming and multimedia stuff mainly,single player games for the most part.

Its also a way for me to connect with the very few friends I have or make new ones rarely and also to escape as much as possible irl shet.
I'm not exactly a social person irl and don't really go anywhere unless I have to or its working ofc.

Its also the most expensive thing I own atm and is what I spend a high % of my money on.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Oops, missed one... :p

System Name Purple rain
Processor 10.5 thousand 4.2G 1.1v
Motherboard Zee 490 Aorus Elite
Cooling Noctua D15S
Memory 16GB 4133 CL16-16-16-31 Viper Steel
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage SU900 128,8200Pro 1TB,850 Pro 512+256+256,860 Evo 500,XPG950 480, Skyhawk 2TB
Display(s) Acer XB241YU+Dell S2716DG
Case P600S Silent w. Alpenfohn wing boost 3 ARGBT+ fans
Audio Device(s) K612 Pro w. FiiO E10k DAC,W830BT wireless
Power Supply Superflower Leadex Gold 850W
Mouse G903 lightspeed+powerplay,G403 wireless + Steelseries DeX + Roccat rest
Keyboard HyperX Alloy SilverSpeed (w.HyperX wrist rest),Razer Deathstalker
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores A LOT
why is MS office work not included?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
For science!

Which includes... the internet and all of its weirdness... media, gaming... work... I used to do music production on it as well. The beauty of the PC is that it can be for all of these things, or it cannot, whatever floats your boat.

Yeah, I think that is what my rig means to me. A bit like a car does, too. Freedom

Last edited:
System Name Cheapskate Maximus
Processor Xeon W3680 @ 3.99Ghz [133x30] [1.375v]
Motherboard HP Z400 Rev 2
Cooling Alpenfohn Brocken v1
Memory 3 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX570 Nitro+
Storage 240GB WD SSD, 6 x 2TB HDD
Display(s) 27" iiyama XB2783HSU AMVA+
Case AeroCool
Power Supply HP 600w Bronze (Delta)
Keyboard Gots keys
Software W10 x64
Mine is a massive media center as got rid of TV about 10+ years ago, I have around 12TB of storage in the PC and copious extra storage on external HDD's filled with enough music to play for an entire year - theres also every film and TV show I like or currently watching.

I'm a bit of a digital hoarder. :laugh:

(Other in poll - could you add media center to it?)

Memory 32GB / 24GB
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Mine is a massive media center as got rid of TV about 10+ years ago, I have around 12TB of storage in the PC and copious extra storage on external HDD's filled with enough music to play for an entire year - theres also every film and TV show I like or currently watching.

I'm a bit of a digital hoarder. :laugh:

(Other in poll - could you add media center to it?)

Cool, I'm looking to upgrade to a couple 12TB from 4x4TB drives (two RAID 1s) soon.

Well, seeing as I used the max poll options and someone already voted that they're broke, I don't know... Should I start a new thread and poll to see if more people use their rigs for digital media or keeping their place toasty-cakes?

Edit: it won't let me change options once posted. I should have considered media storage as a friend of mine about a decade ago would download five Internets a day...

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , oculus rift S.2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. SONY bravia 1080p, . 3.17" 120 hz display
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win10 pro 2. win10 pro 3, win10 home
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
gaming "a lot" photo editing "some more" science " you bet" I could not get pics like this of sunspots ect without a pc.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Currently somewhere around NSW, Australia
System Name hmmm... / lappy (ASUS Scar III)
Processor Intel Core i7-8086K / Intel Core i7-9750H
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Formula / ASUS G531GW
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s w/ 2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax and 1 x Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM Chromax Fans / Stock
Memory 4x16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3600mhz / 2x16gb Kingston Hyper X Impact DDR4 2666mhz C15
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 / Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
Storage 2 x Samsung 960 EVO Plus 1tb NVME/ 1tb Intel SSDPEKNW010T8 NVME + 2tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34P / ASUS 15.6" Screen
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2 White-TG + Noctua Chromax Fans / ASUS Scar III Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Logitech Z623 / Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W + PROLINK PRO903WS / ASUS ADP-230GB B Power Brick
Mouse Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB / Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB / ASUS Scar III Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 / Windows 10 Professional x64
It's mainly a hobby for me. I don't play games as much as I used to. I just enjoy building/assembling. I use my laptop 95% of the time nowadays coz my work requires me to travel a lot. My wife basically "owns" my PC now but I still upgrade/change parts every now and then.

System Name Main
Processor Intel Core i5-4440
Motherboard ASRock H81M-GL
Cooling SilentiumPC Fera 2
Memory Crucial 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL11
Video Card(s) Palit GTX 1060 6GB Dual
Storage WD Blue 7200rpm 1TB, WD Blue 5400rpm 1TB, Toshiba 1TB USB, Samsung 250GB ATA, Seagate 160GB ATA
Display(s) Dell U2414H
Case Cooler Master N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC662
Power Supply XFX Core Pro 550W
Mouse A4Tech Bloody A90
Keyboard A4Tech KB-28G
Software Windows 8.1 64-bit Enterprise
1996-2001 - hardcore gaming! (Intel Pentium 166 MMX + S3 ViRGE + 3dfx VooDoo2)
2001-2006 - surfing the Internet, blogging, meeting people, collecting music, very occasional gaming (mainly Intel Celeron 533 + iGPU)
2006-2013 - surfing the Internet, a bit of blogging, watching TV series and movies, collecting music, occasional gaming (mainly AMD Athlon64 3500 & X2 3800 + GF 7600GT, X800 GTO, HD4650)
since 2013 - surfing the Internet, back to the hardcore gaming (but only for 1-2 years), listening to music, watching TV series and movies, photo processing (Intel Core i5-4440 + R9 270, GTX 1060)

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I built my rig for gaming and that's 90% of what I use it for. The fact that it can carry out most other tasks, such as video editing and writing when I need it to, is a bonus.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Circuits, and nothing more.