• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What happened to "The Division"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why my humble request started to draw personal attacks.

I wonder why am I being called a troll even though there was no trolling on my side at all.

I wonder why people keep defending @W1zzard from me as if I attacked him. Nope, just asked why the game is missing from his bench suite.

I'm done and out. The amount of hostility, offense and humiliation in this thread is staggering. I didn't know TPU forums had become a branch of WCCFTech.

No patch reversion for comparison reasons is a pretty valid argument.

Many other games, which are tested here, also don't have any patch revision control. Didn't stop anyone from benchmarking them.

Either trolling or Entitled. Or maybe an entitled troll...idk. Pretty sure the site owner, beyond what was stated as a courtesy, isn't required to give you an in depth reason that fits your entitled narrative.

Added you to my black list. The people who thanked your vapid yet offensive post are worth ignoring as well but I'm too lazy.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
W1zzard gave a legitimate reason for not using it as benchmark software. Ubisoft's update cycles are outside of his control and Ubisoft recently announced more updates are coming. Everytime Ubisoft decides to push an update and W1z needs to do a review, he would have to redo The Division test on every card presented. That translates to a massive waste of time, energy, and resources.

The fact of the matter is The Division should have never been used as a benchmark because of it's perpetual update paradigm (pushing in the direction of free-to-play). I'm happy we have the benchmarks we do of it and that will have to be enough. Remember, it's not W1zzard's fault, it's Ubisoft's. Payday 2 can't be used for benchmarking for the same reason (gets updated about monthly through the end of this year, maybe longer).

I'm not attempting to troll you or anything. It's just the way it is and there's naught we (me, you, W1zzard, nor anyone except Ubisoft) can do about it, unfortunately.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Three months are more than enough to rebench every GPU in your possession 20 times over.
It certainly is not ("every GPU in your posession"). For the cards listed in my reviews it takes me about two weeks of non-stop running, except for sleep time. Obviously I have other things to do than just be a benchmarking slave.

I just don't believe that other games in your benchmark suite never get updated.
They do, but for those I have control over the patching process, and can choose a suitable time window when to apply patches.

It is so vain and unhumble to think that the person running this and doing those reviews can start atending (although w1z often does!) all individual requests and that it is worth insisting over and over... Your parents did a bad job teaching you some sense of realism...
Ask once is ok, ask twice is fine, ask trice and start trolling is BAD and counterproductive, dear birdie.

It is so vain and unhumble to think that the person running this and doing those reviews can start atending (although w1z often does!) all individual requests and that it is worth insisting over and over... Your parents did a bad job teaching you some sense of realism...
Ask once is ok, ask twice is fine, ask trice and start trolling is BAD and counterproductive, dear birdie.

This website is dedicated to gaming GPUs. People play games. People want to know what GPUs run their games best. The Division is very popular and people naturally want to know what GPUs to buy to play this game. Now teach me a sense of of realism, please. Show me exactly how and where was I trolling please. Or don't, 'cause I've just black listed you as well. Come visit WCCFTech more often - their comments section need more people like you.

@W1zzard thank you for your answer. Yet I couldn't understand: are you saying about all the games you're testing or about a single game? Are you saying it takes 2 weeks non-stop to test a single game on all your GPUs? If that's true, hats off to you for your hard work.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Are you saying it takes 2 weeks non-stop to test a single game on all your GPUs? If that's true, hats off to you for your hard work.
All games (22 at this time)

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
To be fair, the bird did come off as rude at one point which triggered the TPU "protect our father" mentality that we have.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Have to chime on the Division engine, it is very efficient and well optimized. Nonetheless its also an engine that doesn't see widespread use (yet), so I can see why its not in the suite anymore.

Nvidia performance increase on drivers has been something like 4% since release of the game, which makes the Division a very RARE example of well optimized since launch.

Too bad it had such a shaky launch though, because it has some pretty cool concepts such as the DZ, its a place where special snowflakes had to resort to cheats to have fun, meanwhile I was playing it 'legally' and when you had a server where people actually played by the rules... it was an experience like none other. Never had so much tension in a PVP-environment. Brilliant.

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Added you to my black list. The people who thanked your vapid yet offensive post are worth ignoring as well but I'm too lazy.

Oh NO's!!! Not that...how will I get by without his entitled views and opinions.

System Name Skypas
Processor Intel Core i7-6700
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X Turbo
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG 22EA63V
Case Corsair Carbide 400Q
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2 w/ Deepcool XFan 120
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 Pro (to be replaced by 2025)
How about here in this post

At that point of discussion that was true and factual. If people perceive factual statements as "trolling" or a sort of "harassment" then I feel sad for you. Still, there was nothing offensive in my post.

Simple really.

When you make a request to a reviewer and he rejects your request with a reason, people tend to move on.

You did not. You asked (or argued) again and then asked (more like demanded at this point) once more.

Are we in military or what? Asking questions is no longer allowed or what? Asking for valid reasons/arguments is forbidden or what? You need to chill out, people. I was polite and inquisitive. That's not a sin. That's not something you have to protect @W1zzard from.

@W1zzard please close this thread. There's nothing else left to discuss. Also I'm not at war with you, yet people perceive my comments as an existential threat. That's pure insanity.

Last edited:
System Name ibuytheusedstuff
Processor 5960x
Motherboard x99 sabertooth
Cooling old socket775 cooler
Memory 32 Viper
Video Card(s) 1080ti on morpheus 1
Storage raptors+ssd
Display(s) acer 120hz
Case open bench
Audio Device(s) onb
Power Supply antec 1200 moar power
Mouse mx 518
Keyboard roccat arvo
sorry for putting this here but the (quite interesting)thread is closed.
i think ignore is really bad because i can make the forum+people look like its in my opinion(because i ignore the one´s who are not in line with me) and variety is lost.

this is a response to:

even if i would not like the 3rd time you asked for why division is not benched i would never ignore you birdie.

i dont understand who wanted this feature?(people who live in their own protected world)

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
At that point of discussion that was true and factual. If people perceive factual statements as "trolling" or a sort of "harassment" then I feel sad for you. Still, there was nothing offensive in my post.

Are we in military or what? Asking questions is no longer allowed or what? Asking for valid reasons/arguments is forbidden or what? You need to chill out, people. I was polite and inquisitive. That's not a sin. That's not something you have to protect @W1zzard from.

@W1zzard please close this thread. There's nothing else left to discuss. Also I'm not at war with you, yet people perceive my comments as an existential threat. That's pure insanity.

No, no. I've just been re-reading this topic from start to finish (yes, Im bored) and you definitely called this out on yourself saying 'for personal reasons'. It implies something that just doesn't fit here. If you then resort to that comparison to WCCFTech you're basically insulting everyone who read the topic. Not a good way to score points I'd say.

Not only that though, your assumption that The Division is a popular game is incredibly far off the mark. The Division flopped immensely, mainly due to the client-side checks that allowed chceaters to run rampant for months since launch, and also due to the repetitive nature of the game and its many, MANY balancing and itemization issues for those who play endgame.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
To be pedantic
You just don't want to for some very personal reasons. I've heard no other valid arguments.
Your impuning/impling something there and as such your querying w1zzards character
That from my perspective and others appears as a form of attack

Last edited:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
To be pedantic

Your impuning/impling something there and as such your querying w1zzards character
That from my perspective and others appears as a form of attack

What strikes me is the fact he thinks he was polite. :rolleyes: SMFH. And yet...birdie is the one ignoring people.

That is the real crux of the problem: When a person does not seem to comprehend that their behavior has crossed the line into unacceptability.

Wow, wow, wow. Someone really got off the wrong foot. Collectively.

At first, W1zzard refused to share the true reasons why he didn't want to benchmark this game. Only later in the discussion when I asked him twice he revealed the truth behind his decision.

Now, English is not my native language, but "personal reasons" in my understanding doesn't constitute "querying w1zzards character" - you must be completely out of your mind to think so. In my understanding and from what I've heard and read in the English literature and spoken language "personal reasons" are the reasons which you simply do not want to share with others. Period. Strangely native English speakers give the same definition.

WTF is wrong with you? Keep thanking one another for totally misunderstanding me and being freaking offensive to me. It looks like as if almost everyone here is trying to wage war with me. God.

Not only that though, your assumption that The Division is a popular game is incredibly far off the mark. The Division flopped immensely, mainly due to the client-side checks that allowed chceaters to run rampant for months since launch, and also due to the repetitive nature of the game and its many, MANY balancing and itemization issues for those who play endgame.

Amazing. Your whole sentence reads as, "I have such an inflated ego you should only listen to my opinion on this game. Yours is worth shat." Now, let's talk about facts, and not your personal view on this particular game:

1) A great number of reviewers on the Internet review this game (I'd say at least 30%).
2) A lot of people play this game; UBI forums about The Division have thousands of threads and dozens of thousands of messages; New messages are added pretty much every minute.
3) UBI has announced two free add-ons for this game which means they earn enough money not only to support the game but to develop new content for it. If the game were a failure, Ubi wouldn't do anything for it.
4) It has 40K reviews in Steam, with at least 63% positive. And over a million players.
5) It has broken numerous records.
6) Over 200 thousand people have played the game over the past two weeks.
7) SnowDrop is a state of the art highly optimized game engine which contains numerous rendering technologies which other games can only dream of. This game is considered a hallmark of close to photo realistic graphics in 2016-2017.

I ignore the people who resort to name calling and personal attacks out of nowhere. It's easier to live this way.

@W1zzard please close this thread. The people here are full of spite and nothing else. I politely asked to benchmark the game, now almost everyone feels like they should silence me or tell me what a bad person I am. This is freaking ridiculous. So much hatred out of nothing. This is the last time I offer anything for TPU. This website looks like an elitist club of haters who are ready to tear apart everyone who offers anything which goes against your will/judgment/wish/whatever.

I apologize for my request. It was dumb considering the tone of the discussion here. No more. I will even try to refrain from making further comments on the news as well. To tell you the truth it's the first time in my life I receive so much flak out of nothing. I'm even thinking of deleting my profile here at TPU.

Last edited:
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Wow, wow, wow. Someone really got off the wrong foot. Collectively.

At first, W1zzard refused to share the true reasons why he didn't want to benchmark this game. Only later in the discussion when I asked him twice he revealed the truth behind his decision.

Now, English is not my native language, but "personal reasons" in my understanding doesn't constitute "querying w1zzards character" - you must be completely out of your mind to think so. In my understanding and from what I've heard and read in the English literature and spoken language "personal reasons" are the reasons which you simply do not want to share with others. Period. Strangely native English speakers give the same definition.

WTF is wrong with you? Keep thanking one another for totally misunderstanding me and being freaking offensive to me. It looks like as if almost everyone here is trying to wage war with me. God.

Amazing. Your whole sentence reads as, "I have such an inflated ego you should only listen to my opinion on this game. Yours is worth shat." Now, let's talk about facts, and not your personal view on this particular game:

1) A great number of reviewers on the Internet review this game (I'd say at least 30%).
2) A lot of people play this game; UBI forums about The Division have thousands of threads and dozens of thousands of messages; New messages are added pretty much every minute.
3) UBI has announced two free add-ons for this game which means they earn enough money not only to support the game but to develop new content for it. If the game were a failure, Ubi wouldn't do anything for it.
4) It has 40K reviews in Steam, with at least 63% positive. And over a million players.
5) It has broken numerous records.
6) Over 200 thousand people have played the game over the past two weeks.
7) SnowDrop is a state of the art highly optimized game engine which contains numerous rendering technologies which other games can only dream of. This game is considered a hallmark of close to photo realistic graphics in 2016-2017.

I ignore the people who resort to name calling and personal attacks out of nowhere. It's easier to live this way.

@W1zzard please close this thread. The people here are full of spite and nothing else. I politely asked to benchmark the game, now almost everyone feels like they should silence me or tell me what a bad person I am. This is freaking ridiculous. So much hatred out of nothing. This is the last time I offer anything for TPU. This website looks like an elitist club of haters who are ready to tear apart everyone who offers anything which goes against your will/judgment/wish/whatever.

I apologize for my request. It was dumb considering the tone of the discussion here. No more. I will even try to refrain from making further comments on the news as well. To tell you the truth it's the first time in my life I receive so much flak out of nothing. I'm even thinking of deleting my profile here at TPU.

- Trust me, I didn't consult anyone before posting what I posted here; you did get your answer and you are perfectly fine with English to know that the way you worded your sentence earlier, was less than optimal.

Stop avoiding the hot pile of crap you produced yourself and own up for something, you score points with that and it allows the topic to get constructive again, and moves the topic from your person to the actual question you had. Instead, you choose to respond like the world is bad and your the shining beacon of light. In my world, I call that a special snowflake.

About The Division: I've played it in beta, I've played it for over 300 hours since launch, and I know full well how the game works, how it was perceived and how it fits in the market today. The only reason Ubisoft is pushing content is because they sold Season Passes since launch and they have to deliver on their Seasonpass roadmap. The 'free' content updates are just a tiny sliver of content added to motivate players to buy in on season passes today. Every time Ubisoft releases a content update, the servers fill up, only to become deserted wastelands a week later. What else is new, this happens with almost every online game that gets a content update. A 1 million peak player count in all honesty, is crap, if the average player count doesn't keep up with it. It means people have no connection to the game, they just want to see if it finally became what they'd hoped it would be at launch.

I can say this with so much conviction because this is precisely the sentiment EVERYWHERE when you speak of this game. Even ingame. When the exploits got fixed the game gained some temporary stability in player counts, until the non-exploiting playerbase hit the endgame and encountered the huge grind you will then end up in. Some love grinding, but most people move on at that point.

The fact that only 30% of reviewers cover this game should tell you a lot. 70% of the reviewers would rather not get in the bench suite... I wonder why? As we do agree on the stability and performance of the engine....

You really need to grow a somewhat thicker skin if you want to survive the internet, buddy. TPU really isn't that harsh as you make it out to be. If you really do think so, you won't be missed.

@Vayra86

Do you have anything other than your personal dissatisfaction with this game which is enjoyed by millions of other people? Two long paragraphs of your personal experience/opinion you got while playing an unfinished version of the game. Meanwhile literally hundreds of thousands of people play this game daily. Perhaps they are all idiots and we should only listen to you.

Perhaps I get it, you hate Ubisoft (because in all seriousness there's nothing else in your post). Now that doesn't mean you are the Jesus Christ of gaming, GPUs and the world in general. That doesn't mean this game engine is not worth benchmarking.

The fact that only 30% of reviewers cover this game should tell you a lot. 70% of the reviewers would rather not get in the bench suite... I wonder why? As we do agree on the stability and performance of the engine....

Maybe because people have preferences? Maybe because there are no two reviews on the Internet which include the same set of games? 30% of reviewers say a lot more about this game, than 70% who doesn't include it.

You really need to grow a somewhat thicker skin if you want to survive the internet, buddy.

On other forums and communities there are people who keep the tone of the conversations down. They are called moderators. Here I see a dozen of people attacking me personally and everyone's content with that. That's a little bit worrying to say at least. As if such a way of having a conversation here is condoned and welcomed.

@W1zzard please close this thread.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Non-native English speaking is not an excuse for impolite behavior. A casual look shows 4 non-native English speakers just on page 2, including @W1zzard and @Vayra86 with whom you are currently arguing.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
@Vayra86

Do you have anything other than your personal dissatisfaction with this game which is enjoyed by millions of other people? Two long paragraphs of your personal experience/opinion you got while playing an unfinished version of the game. Meanwhile literally hundreds of thousands of people play this game daily. Perhaps they are all idiots and we should only listen to you.

Perhaps I get it, you hate Ubisoft (because in all seriousness there's nothing else in your post). Now that doesn't mean you are the Jesus Christ of gaming, GPUs and the world in general. That doesn't mean this game engine is not worth benchmarking.

Maybe because people have preferences? Maybe because there are no two reviews on the Internet which include the same set of games? 30% of reviewers say a lot more about this game, than 70% who doesn't include it.

On other forums and communities there are people who keep the tone of the conversations down. They are called moderators. Here I see a dozen of people attacking me personally and everyone's content with that. That's a little bit worrying to say at least. As if such a way of having a conversation here is condoned and welcomed.

@W1zzard please close this thread.

I'll give you this reddit, so you can get a good impression of the overall sentiment around this game and most notably its update schedule.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...l_report_live_stream/?st=j0chyks3&sh=4acff3d4

Of course, Reddit is no indication at all. But hey, indulge me :)

I've mostly been trying to get across that your view on the popularity of this game might be a bit out of touch. I also pointed out that I've played it *SINCE LAUNCH* and not just 'as an unfinished game'. Most of the criticism that was valid way back when, is still valid, unfortunately. They just finished their DLC roadmap and it is indeed great that they continue to support the game - until you look at the proposed DLC 1 content for July. Look at the level of what they're offering, think critically, and you can see that it really doesn't contain all that much.

If you enjoy the game (do you play it? Im curious) then by all means! No one is stopping you. I have tried really, really hard to love the Division because as I *also* pointed out in this thread, I love many of its concepts and the PVP environment it offers. Heck I bought the Season Pass at launch, even with the knowledge of it being a Ubisoft game and at that time Ubisoft had a really bad press going on.

But when you actually play DZ, you will, if you do play it, notice that most players don't really happen to be big fans of the 'kill or be killed' mentality in the DZ. Most players resort to underhand tactics, such as double 4-man groups on a separate voice chat from the game, essentially destroying its concept of 'lone Rogues' and the unique open voice chat the game offers. This tactic popped up no less than a few days after the exploiting and cheating was receiving the ban waves, and it shows that the Division offers a PVP concept that doesn't sit well with a large part of the playerbase, they prefer 'a quick farming run' to actual competitive PVP.

I can go on all day, but there is a tangible difference here between what you read on a forum and in a review as opposed to actually being in the game and playing it. Read the reddit, and you can grasp some of the ingame sentiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.