• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What is your preferred raid configuration?

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
All of the above and sometimes not at all.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Please stop fighting with each other!

I am allowing both threads as this is dealing with nuances the other thread could easily get clogged up with.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
Well 5 means you can lose.one drive and still maintain data integrity and lose about 20% space for maintaining this integrity. 6 uses more.space for parity but allows two drives.

I wouldn't use 0 for anything serious as there is no safety.

I use 5 at the moment but plan to go to 6. Here's something else to keep in mind. Keep a spare drive or two around. If you have a failure you dont want to wait for a drive on order.

When a drive fails on a raid 5 you cannot lose another drive or you will lose your data. Also it takes time to rebuild the array with a new drive..depending on size, speed and amount of data stored. It can take hours, days or even weeks depending on these factors.

Raid 6 allows for two drives to fail but the same issues and warnings remain.

Still better than 0 where if you lose a drive you're screwed. Raid 1 would be good for an OS drive as it is mirrored. So if you lose a drive you have an exact copy.

I prefer 1 for OS and 5/6 for data on smaller setups...in Soho environments. I mean this for servers.

If I were you I'd research more on the topic and see what your hardware is capable of and what it might excel or suck at.

Just some food for thought.

Well 5 means you can lose.one drive and still maintain data integrity and lose about 20% space for maintaining this integrity. 6 uses more.space for parity but allows two drives.

I wouldn't use 0 for anything serious as there is no safety.

I use 5 at the moment but plan to go to 6. Here's something else to keep in mind. Keep a spare drive or two around. If you have a failure you dont want to wait for a drive on order.

When a drive fails on a raid 5 you cannot lose another drive or you will lose your data. Also it takes time to rebuild the array with a new drive..depending on size, speed and amount of data stored. It can take hours, days or even weeks depending on these factors.

Raid 6 allows for two drives to fail but the same issues and warnings remain.

Still better than 0 where if you lose a drive you're screwed. Raid 1 would be good for an OS drive as it is mirrored. So if you lose a drive you have an exact copy.

I prefer 1 for OS and 5/6 for data on smaller setups...in Soho environments. I mean this for servers.

If I were you I'd research more on the topic and see what your hardware is capable of and what it might excel or suck at.

Just some food for thought.

I currently have 3 x 2TB and 3 x 4TB drives; I would like to get at least 50% more space (~8-10TB more) in a raid configuration and spend less than $500. Could afford more but prefer to keep the upgrade to less than $500.

Would be willing to convert the three 2TB drives into two 4TB drives which is probably better for RAID having all drives the same size.

(Actually I'd likely have to initially buy all drives equaling my total amount and then sell off the former drives which are probably not good drives for a raid setup like WD green; and then the logistical issue of having all the data outside the RAID while creating the array and then copying it into the RAID array. The $500 is what I'm hoping for in net costs after all is said and done.)

Please note I have almost 0 space left on all drives out of almost 20TB. (My 3TB hdd failed which previously had put me at 21TB.) I looked and it looks like combined I have about 1TB left. Need to upgrade soon! Last year I had 5TB left, and storage needs are increasing.

At the very minimum I would want just one more 4tb drive total than what I have.

For example, the minimum scenario:
buy 6 x 4tb nas-type of drives like wd red = total 24TB

Then I have another issue. Is there a RAID type in which I can plug a new drive into the array without rebuilding it? I know that Drobo has this capability, but what about standard RAID on a custom built system? EDIT:
"It's called Online Expansion, and any decent RAID card will let you add drives without taking down the server(provided you have hot swap bays). Adding them as you go, in RAID5 is NOT an issue, and you don't need another partition to utilize the new space. It will append it to the existing array." (SOURCE)

-----------

p.s. For those who will inevitably ask what I need 30TB for:
Web design and development files
Web application files
Massive video editing and photo editing files
Server local backups
Filesystems
Videos and videography
Audio
High res image files
Misc.

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
RAID 0 shouldn't even be called "RAID": Redundant Array of Independent Disks. There is no redundancy in level 0.

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
I like RAID 0. I have a RAID 0 set up on my laptop. Dual 2tb 5400rpm drives. I have the set up like that since 5400rpms drives are kinda on the slow side.

That is on my gaming laptop, but if I had a business computer I would do a RAID 5 (?), or the RAID that copies the disk to the other, I think its raid 5.

I have a business laptop but I just clone the HD every week or so.

I like RAID 0. I have a RAID 0 set up on my laptop. Dual 2tb 5400rpm drives. I have the set up like that since 5400rpms drives are kinda on the slow side.

That is on my gaming laptop, but if I had a business computer I would do a RAID 5 (?), or the RAID that copies the disk to the other, I think its raid 5.

When you said you clone the hdd every week or so, do you mean you copy the entire 4tb to a backup drive(s) every week? Doesn't seem practical...

System Name MSI GP76
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
When you said you clone the hdd every week or so, do you mean you copy the entire 4tb to a backup drive(s) every week? Doesn't seem practical...
oh no sorry, I clone the 1tb ssd HD from the business laptop to another 1tb ssd. I dont bother to clone the gaming computer, i only have games, movies, and some few dozens pictures on there, nothing major.

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64
I currently have 3 x 2TB and 3 x 4TB drives; I would like to get at least 50% more space (~8-10TB more) in a raid configuration and spend less than $500. Could afford more but prefer to keep the upgrade to less than $500.

There are options, you could get some recertified drives off of Ebay to increase your count...what is it you are using to handle/manage this RAID setup? On my old Perc 6i I'm limited to 8 drives. With 4TB drives that would bring me to about 28GB usable with 4TB used for parity should a drive fail that data would allow a blank drive to be added to the array via rebuild.

I should mention my old Dell Perc 6i card is PCIe, has a battery backup, and you can pick them up for cheap on fleabay. I picked mine up from a fellow TPU'er with battery and a spare card (sans battery or cables) for around $20, so that way if my card fails, I have a backup. At that price it is great, and sure it is not the fastest, but it is far faster than my gigabit Ethernet can push and it is very affordable. I slapped that in my server, have 4X2TB drives in a dedicated array...but my pool is only 5.5TB, which for me is plenty with almost 2TB to spare at this point. But I also have one more bank that I can use for 4 more drives from the card, and I found some enterprise grade 4TB drives for a good price I might pick up after my holiday shopping.

Would be willing to convert the three 2TB drives into two 4TB drives which is probably better for RAID having all drives the same size.

Well for RAID such as 1, 5, 5, 10, etc... you must have the same size drives or they must end up matching the smallest drive should your raid driver allow it.

(Actually I'd likely have to initially buy all drives equaling my total amount and then sell off the former drives which are probably not good drives for a raid setup like WD green; and then the logistical issue of having all the data outside the RAID while creating the array and then copying it into the RAID array. The $500 is what I'm hoping for in net costs after all is said and done.)

I would get better drives or drives not known for excessive idling/power saving for a raid setup in all honesty. You don't necessarily need NAS drives, but spend some time researching before you buy. Also many folks also recommend if using consumer-grade instead of enterprise-grade drives to mix brands with similarly spec'd drives to prevent a possibly "bad batch" effect.

Please note I have almost 0 space left on all drives out of almost 20TB. (My 3TB hdd failed which previously had put me at 21TB.) I looked and it looks like combined I have about 1TB left. Need to upgrade soon! Last year I had 5TB left, and storage needs are increasing.

Well for what you want, your budget might not cut it. If you want data redundancy, I would see if you can pare down what is truly important. If all of it is truly important, then you should be infested in a full backup solution as well as some data parity options like a RAID 5/6 as well. Some folks will disagree and it really depends, but at your data size, I would want at least a RAID5 if not a 6 to allow for more failures so I have better chances against losing my data. I hope you can do what you want for your budget, and I hope that is just for drives or this isn't gonna happen imho.

Then I have another issue. Is there a RAID type in which I can plug a new drive into the array without rebuilding it? I know that Drobo has this capability, but what about standard RAID on a custom built system? EDIT:

I know nothing about Drobo, and what little I have seen shows me they haven't had a new product since 2012 and what is out there is very expensive for what it is. I'd rather build my own, deal with having a raid setup and then a backup solution, even costing more. I'd rather have a file server with more capability and expandability. Depends on what you want, and my quick research of Drobo could have some incorrect data, but there isn't a lot...there is a lot of promises, some okay reviews.

-----------
p.s. For those who will inevitably ask what I need 30TB for:
Web design and development files
Web application files
Massive video editing and photo editing files
Server local backups
Filesystems
Videos and videography
Audio
High res image files
Misc.

Sounds like a decent RAID would be something you could utilize, but if I were you, I'd increase my budget, spend some time researching hardware and build my own solution. Again depends on what you want, you kind of mention going the server route in your other thread.

Keep researching and make this a long term and manageable solution and investment, something you can service, maintain and control. And even with this solution, plan for some sort of backup. Better safe than sorry. :toast:

I can't really see the point in the 2TB 5400RPM RAID0 array, even with 2TB of storage, that seems to tempting to put something important on there...and then it makes the risk of failure outweigh the better throughput. But out of curiosity, how much did you notice speed-wise, outside of benchmarks? Last time I did a RAID0 on my system for messing around I was unimpressed...my SSD was so much faster at every turn...granted the cost/GB is the only thing it lost in.

The raid that copies the disk is called a RAID1 or mirrored array. RAID5 is striping with parity, so not as fast as RAID0, but faster than a standard disk in most cases and parity to keep your data safe should a drive fail. :)

System Name MSI GP76
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
There are options, you could get some recertified drives off of Ebay to increase your count...what is it you are using to handle/manage this RAID setup? On my old Perc 6i I'm limited to 8 drives. With 4TB drives that would bring me to about 28GB usable with 4TB used for parity should a drive fail that data would allow a blank drive to be added to the array via rebuild.

I should mention my old Dell Perc 6i card is PCIe, has a battery backup, and you can pick them up for cheap on fleabay. I picked mine up from a fellow TPU'er with battery and a spare card (sans battery or cables) for around $20, so that way if my card fails, I have a backup. At that price it is great, and sure it is not the fastest, but it is far faster than my gigabit Ethernet can push and it is very affordable. I slapped that in my server, have 4X2TB drives in a dedicated array...but my pool is only 5.5TB, which for me is plenty with almost 2TB to spare at this point. But I also have one more bank that I can use for 4 more drives from the card, and I found some enterprise grade 4TB drives for a good price I might pick up after my holiday shopping.

Well for RAID such as 1, 5, 5, 10, etc... you must have the same size drives or they must end up matching the smallest drive should your raid driver allow it.

I would get better drives or drives not known for excessive idling/power saving for a raid setup in all honesty. You don't necessarily need NAS drives, but spend some time researching before you buy. Also many folks also recommend if using consumer-grade instead of enterprise-grade drives to mix brands with similarly spec'd drives to prevent a possibly "bad batch" effect.

Well for what you want, your budget might not cut it. If you want data redundancy, I would see if you can pare down what is truly important. If all of it is truly important, then you should be infested in a full backup solution as well as some data parity options like a RAID 5/6 as well. Some folks will disagree and it really depends, but at your data size, I would want at least a RAID5 if not a 6 to allow for more failures so I have better chances against losing my data. I hope you can do what you want for your budget, and I hope that is just for drives or this isn't gonna happen imho.

I know nothing about Drobo, and what little I have seen shows me they haven't had a new product since 2012 and what is out there is very expensive for what it is. I'd rather build my own, deal with having a raid setup and then a backup solution, even costing more. I'd rather have a file server with more capability and expandability. Depends on what you want, and my quick research of Drobo could have some incorrect data, but there isn't a lot...there is a lot of promises, some okay reviews.

-----------

Sounds like a decent RAID would be something you could utilize, but if I were you, I'd increase my budget, spend some time researching hardware and build my own solution. Again depends on what you want, you kind of mention going the server route in your other thread.

Keep researching and make this a long term and manageable solution and investment, something you can service, maintain and control. And even with this solution, plan for some sort of backup. Better safe than sorry. :toast:

I can't really see the point in the 2TB 5400RPM RAID0 array, even with 2TB of storage, that seems to tempting to put something important on there...and then it makes the risk of failure outweigh the better throughput. But out of curiosity, how much did you notice speed-wise, outside of benchmarks? Last time I did a RAID0 on my system for messing around I was unimpressed...my SSD was so much faster at every turn...granted the cost/GB is the only thing it lost in.

The raid that copies the disk is called a RAID1 or mirrored array. RAID5 is striping with parity, so not as fast as RAID0, but faster than a standard disk in most cases and parity to keep your data safe should a drive fail. :)

On the RAID 0 HDs I only just put games and movies. I do have a 256gb msata HD separate from anything that I usually put more important things, like the OS and some smaller sized games.

I wish I can get 2x2tb SSDs put at over $600 each vs 80-90 each for 2 Samsung 2TBs drives. The cost is just not worth it. I am the kind of person who likes to find deals on computer parts. I rarely is ever buy anything new, even my current gaming laptop is used but still in very good shape.

I dont really do benchmarks or chase the highest scores on benchmarks. I only did the RAID 0 to load some of the games faster. Like GTA 5, that game loaded on a single 5400rpm HD pretty slowly, I later moved it to the SSD drive but it takes up so much space.

System Name Marmo / Kanon
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi / X570S Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S x 2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2666-C16 / 32GB 3200-C16
Video Card(s) KFA2 RTX3070 Ti / Asus TUF RX 6800XT OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, 860 EVO 1TB / Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 970 EVO+ 1TB
Display(s) Dell AW2521HFA / U2715H
Case Fractal Design Focus G / Pop Air RGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Creative SB ZxR
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus GX 650W / PX 750W
Mouse Logitech MX310 / G1
Keyboard Logitech G413 / G513
Software Win 11 Ent
For a home server RAID, I actually prefer RAID10. It allows at least 1 drive to fail and perhaps 2 as long as they do NOT belong to the same RAID1 set (overall you may like to call it 1.5).

Compared to RAID 0, well there is no comparison here. RAID 0 means 0 redundancy/safety :)

RAID5 only allows 1 drive failure and the write overhead is a lot more than RAID10. The only advantage with RAID5 is that you can create an array with only 3 drives whereas 10 requires 4 drives.

RAID6 while allows any 2 drives to fail comes with even higher write overhead. Plus on top of that you normally require a mid to high end RAID controller in order to have the support and performance (most of RAID controllers between £200 - 300 do not provide RAID6 support).

Talking about rebuild, RAID5 and 6 require all the drives to participate in the process. This can greatly impact read/write performance while taking place. Also with RAID5 if one of the remaining two good disks fails during rebuild, your data is gone. RAID10 only requires the broken RAID1 set to rebuild itself. This has much less performance impact as RAID1 rebuilds faster and there are less disks participating. Although there is also the possibility the remaining good disk in the broken RAID1 set will fail during rebuild causing data loss, the statistical probability is lower than RAID5.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Two drives: RAID0 for performance; RAID1 for redundancy
Three+ drives: RAID5 for performance and redundancy

Never used the rest because they're more enterprise (costly controller + lots of drives) oriented.

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Two drives: RAID0 for performance; RAID1 for redundancy
Three+ drives: RAID5 for performance and redundancy
This. I say this mainly because most controllers can do 1, 0, and 5. If there are to be more than 4 disks, I would suggest RAID-6 for added redundancy at the cost of an extra disk worth of usable space.

Personally, I use 0 locally on the SSDs and RAID-5 on both my tower and my gateway server. If I had them syncing, it ideally would be a copy (it's a loose copy right now.) However depending on your goals, budget, and hardware, different RAID levels are going to be useful given different situations.

For example, I could see the argument being made for RAID 1+0 if workloads are going to be write heavy for say, a database server.

System Name The beast and the little runt.
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X - Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570
Cooling Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4a - NH-D15 chromax.black with IPPC Industrial 3000 RPM 120/140 MM fans.
Memory G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL GOLD/SILVER 32 GB (2 x 16 GB and 4 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.45 volts
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 4060 OC LOW PROFILE - GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB + 2 TB - Samsung 870 EVO 4 TB - 2 x WD RED PRO 16 GB + WD ULTRASTAR 22 TB
Display(s) Asus 27" TUF VG27AQL1A and a Dell 24" for dual setup
Case Phanteks Enthoo 719/LUXE 2 BLACK
Audio Device(s) Onboard on both boards
Power Supply Phanteks Revolt X 1200W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
Software WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS on both systems
Benchmark Scores Se more about my 2 in 1 system here: kortlink.dk/2ca4x
For me its different what i use. Its depending on what use i need it for. Games is raid 0 max speed and files i can afford to lose. Importen files raid 1 for safety or if i need safety and speed raid 5 is what i use.
Right now i use raid 0 for 2 WD velociraptor 150 GB for older games alone and new games whit long load time a Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD.