• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What kind of performance boost will 12p-16p no overclock give me? w/ x800 Pro VIVO?

IIDX

I am a pretty big noob when it comes to overclocking and especially when it comes to bios flashing...but I am very interesting in unleashing those final 4 pipelines.

My first question I guess would be to ask; What type of performance boost will I see if I simply unlock the 4 pipelines, and don't overclock at all?

If I can get that to work fine, I might just go up to near XT speeds, but I'm still not sure.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Slayerstaps

With only the 4 extra pipes you will see around 1000 points increase in 3dmark03...

IIDX

I read it but it's quite long, and from what I read I never saw my question addressed.

Slayerstaps

Some other thing i like to add use google before asking questions like this..Being a noob is ok..But a lazy noob is something else.....

IIDX

Googling that question? That's pretty damn specific to pull up on google if you as me. And considering I read about 15 pages on how to do this at several websites, and didn't see my specific question answered, I thought I had done enough to warrant a thread asking it. Whatever, I got my answer, all is good, let's let this topic die.

Slayerstaps

U could have looked at some before and after benchmarks and compare the scores......
People put that in their guides and explanations a lot.....