1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What manufacturer and model is this card?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Security718, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Security718 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would like to know how to go about finding the manufacturer and model of video card that I have recently been given. All of the information that I have so far is as follows: AGP type w/avi & standard video connection ports. It is powered by ATI with samsung chips that have Samsung 238 K4D28163HD-TC50 on them. I have also found this additional info, on this site: Samsung K4D28163HD-TC50 128 MBit 'D' die 5.0 ns TSOP-II 66. If someone could please help me to identify this video card, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Install the Catalyst Drivers that all it takes as it will ID the card and install the correct drivers

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Security718 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for your info but I was attempting to find out the manufacturer and model of this video card without installation, as I do not currently own a system that supports AGP cards.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it would probably help if you post a pic or two of the card.

and if you already own a pci-e card, then why do you even care about some old agp one? ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Security718 New Member

Thanks Received:
    For one, I don't believe that one can identify the card from a pic, as I would then be able to identify the card, myself. Also, I care about this card for my own personal reasons.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Don__1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The picture(s) might help someone else identify it as it's *may* be the card they own !

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. SPHERE New Member

Thanks Received:
    actualy i bet i could tell the exact model of the card if you post a pic of the core and the card front and back :) (or at least get real close ;))

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. spectre440 New Member

Thanks Received:
    a bit touchy, are we?
    no matter dude, its cool, i dig that. :)

in any case, someone here will probably be able to recognize the card if you post a pic or two of it.
    preferably a pic of the core, as well.

some people here are real nutjobs that know like every card ever made... hehe... ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:

Your asking for help but your not really giving people much to go on! :confused: :confused: :confused: Post some pics, I bet some one here tells you within minutes what it is! :D :D :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. zAAm

zAAm

Thanks Received:
    With 5ns RAM and if you don't want to post pics, it can be anything from a 9000 to a 9600. And with Samsung chips it can pretty much be ANY manufacturer... At least give us some more codes from the core or something else. :D :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Google up it's S/N?

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. dolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very interesting discussion which I can't miss. How the creator of RivaTuner says: zero input = zero result :D . Don't forget that In case of searching support from the others. Some pictures for sure will reduce the pages in the forum (understand time, typeing, nerves and so on) and meanwhile somebody can identify it ;) .

The opposite case is to look for a white man (app. 180cm) - high with brown hair and shoes number 43. The riddle is to guess which exactly is the producer of the shoes? :D :cool:

Success

10 Year Member at TPU