1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What program can I use for voice when playing online?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Bongbuster, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Bongbuster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for a voice program that can be run in the background when playing games so I can talk to my friends.

The game I am playing at the moment is starcraft (how can something so old be so good?). I tried to use Skype but the games get timing out.

What is a good program (free) that I can use so I can talk while playing basic games like starcraft?

useful suggestions will be REALLY appreciated cos typing sucks and talking is so much more fun.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    nice one as I use it too, but it isnt free unless one of them hosts a server for it. Unless there is a way to do it I'm not aware of?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    It says on the site it's free for non-commercial use.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Duxx Guest

there are thousands of un-used WoW Ventrillo servers. worldofwarcraft.com, find some server, go to the guild list, pick a smaller guild that doesn't look too "poppin" and go to their site, they usually post up vent info somewhere on the site, register some fake crap if u have to and u can just log onto their vent, normally unoccupied :) I used to do it all the time. :)

10 Year Member at TPU