• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What the best thermal paste in 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
I have used Arctic Silver Thermal Epoxy and it works great. However, it is extremely important to remember this, as the name implies, is an "adhesive" TIM. It, like all "adhesive" TIMs is NOT to be used between CPUs and heatsinks. At least not CPUs that are mounted in normal motherboard CPU sockets. If you use them there, you will not be able to remove the cooler without risking damage to the CPU, the CPU socket, and the CPU mounting mechanism. I have seen adhesive TIM used with surface mounted (soldered) processors in some budget notebooks, netbooks, and tablets.

These adhesive TIMs work great for gluing heatsinks to chipsets, some VRMs and some memory modules in PCs. They are meant to permanently attach the heatsink to the device.
Why? Grizzly Conductonaut has received good reviews. Yes, it is a metal based TIM, and yes, it can react with aluminum heatsinks. But with careful application and the use of copper heatsinks, unless there's something I missed, it can be a great alternative option.

Oh by the way for epoxy I just mix in Arctic Silver 5 to make it semi permanent and about conductonaut yeah most definitely copper to aluminum galvanized-exfoliation corrosion.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
The only one to be wary of is the Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, or any compound like it for that matter.
well if you don't like LM i can understand .... but at that time all LM are in that category, just write "imho i avoid LM past" instead of naming one that got quite good if not excellent ratings over reviews ;)

some user are quite fond of LM for deliding jobs (i have a tube of Conductonaut aside )

about conductonaut yeah most definitely copper to aluminum galvanized-exfoliation corrosion.
indeed all Gallium based LM then

dunno about the Phobya but for the Kryonaut : NOPE... "Kryonaut uses a special structure, which halts the drying out process at temperatures of up to 80° Celsius. This structure is also responsible for the nano-aluminum- and zinc-oxide-parts included in the grease to compound optimally, to compensate for unevenness of the component (i.e. the CPU) or the heat sink, thus guaranteeing remarkable heat transfer. "

on the other hand the cooler master master gel maker nano is a nano diamond past ... but hey ... not everyone is IC and act like a IC 24 (Antec also has a nano diamonds past that act quite nicely ... opposed to ICD past )
I don't know where you quoted that from. But I'm calling bullshit. Not on the info provided necessarily. But that it also has diamond particulate, or some other thing that scratches and pits every surface I've ever applied it on, in it. Which in my experience has only happened with other known diamond-filled pastes. And has happened with EVERY one of them that I've used. And NEVER with any pastes that aren't diamond-filled. So...I'm drawing my own conclusions there. If it walks like a duck...and talks like a duck...it's diamond-filled.

I'm pretty surprised no one else has noticed what I'm talking about with Kryonaut. Maybe I got a bad/contaminated tube. But...I doubt it. There's not much really to convince me that they're able to get the performance they get out of it without it containing nano-diamonds either. Unless Thermal Grizzly has some sort of high-level wizards casting magic spells to make nano-aluminum and zinc-oxide perform better at thermal conductivity than every other manufacturer who uses the same shit in their TIMs. Yeah...right. It's really a 1 + 1 = 2 deal. Unless you suck at math...and don't know what 1 + 1 is. :p

EDIT: I think I might email TG and ask "why you shit scratch all my heatsink, IHS, and CPU/GPU die? WTF?". See what they have to say about it then. Hell...I got pics if the want 'em. I'm NOT BSing about it. I'll make a goddamn vid showing me wipe a drop off of it off a shiny new glass mirror...and all the scratches it leaves when I'm done.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Oh by the way for epoxy I just mix in Arctic Silver 5 to make it semi permanent
Never thought of doing that. And you still got good heat transfer?

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Really? iv had it seperate on me numerous times, with that nasty yellow oil substance.

jezz how big a tube you using I've never had the 3.5 gram tubes separate on me

D

Deleted member 158293

I generally go through a lot of paste so Ceramique II is sold in large quantities for the same price as tiny siringes and is close enough in performance for me.

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
I don't know where you quoted that from. But I'm calling bullshit. Not on the info provided necessarily. But that it also has diamond particulate, or some other thing that scratches and pits every surface I've ever applied it on, in it. Which in my experience has only happened with other known diamond-filled pastes. And has happened with EVERY one of them that I've used. And NEVER with any pastes that aren't diamond-filled. So...I'm drawing my own conclusions there. If it walks like a duck...and talks like a duck...it's diamond-filled.

I'm pretty surprised no one else has noticed what I'm talking about with Kryonaut. Maybe I got a bad/contaminated tube. But...I doubt it. There's not much really to convince me that they're able to get the performance they get out of it without it containing nano-diamonds either. Unless Thermal Grizzly has some sort of high-level wizards casting magic spells to make nano-aluminum and zinc-oxide perform better at thermal conductivity than every other manufacturer who uses the same shit in their TIMs. Yeah...right. It's really a 1 + 1 = 2 deal. Unless you suck at math...and don't know what 1 + 1 is. :p

EDIT: I think I might email TG and ask "why you shit scratch all my heatsink, IHS, and CPU/GPU die? WTF?". See what they have to say about it then. Hell...I got pics if the want 'em. I'm NOT BSing about it. I'll make a goddamn vid showing me wipe a drop off of it off a shiny new glass mirror...and all the scratches it leaves when I'm done.

and no application of TG K did ever scratch a single heatsink/IHS/Die for me ... sooooo .... i may call BS too ... but feel free to do so

I'm pretty surprised no one else has noticed what I'm talking about with Kryonaut. Maybe I got a bad/contaminated tube. .
and i am pretty surprised that you are the only one who noticed that but yeah probably more that .

1+1=2 can also work like that ... "if i have that issue, why the other don't notice it?" or 1-1=0 (you have the issue i don't have the issue... is there an issue?)

although as i mentioned ... the only ND past to avoid are the one from IC (ICD Paranoia is real ... "if ICD is that bad then all the ND past ARE!") , the one from CM MGMN also never made a scratch on the H115i and the 6600K IHS

remember that?
Numbers man. It's all about the numbers.

Cooler Master MasterGel Maker 11 W/mk
Kryonaut 12.5 W/mk

I finally ran out of Cool Silver G4(>12 W/mk, and which I highly recommend, slightly electrically conductive though if that's a concern). And now I'm trying out the Phobya NanoGrease Extreme(16 W/mk). It's ULTRA thick, and kinda hard to work with. But if you can get it spread out super thin it seems to work awesome(as good as anything I've used, or slightly better). It hasn't done that well in reviews though. But I'm pretty sure it's because they aren't getting it spread thin enough.

I haven't tried Kryonaut yet. It's next on the list when I run out of the NanoGrease Extreme. I'm not interested in anything with less than 12 W/mk thermal conductivity.

Here's a review with the MasterGel Maker vs. Kryonaut(and a bunch more).
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-8.html

I've decided no more diamond-filled TIM for me. That's stuff's all too abrasive. Despite Cooler Master's claim to the contrary(see quote below). I ain't buying that. Heard/seen the IC Diamond horror stories. And witnessed first-hand the scratches Antec 7 causes.

http://eu.coolermaster.com/en/cooling/thermal-compound/mastergel-maker/

Bullshit!

and

used both, atm i use the cooler master and no abrasion issue (quite some time since initial application) even tho i wasn't totally in my comfort zone when i saw it was a nano diamond composite, tho they are cooler master ... and not some random bob with no tact whatsoever named IC Diamond, also saw Antec one doing some minimal scratch but not like the ICD.

they behave quite similarly at +/-1° as far as i have seen.

in fact i have tested all TIM from Thermal Grizzly, except the conductonaut, alongside AS5 (which went down the drain.... not worth it anymore) Gelid GC Extreme (quite good .... a bit like the Arctic "cooling" MX4) and the CM MGMN

best result were the CM MGMN and Kryonaut for water block and AIO

;)

also ... "Most thermal compounds (aluminum and zinc oxide) are abrasive and could scratch both the IHS and heatsink."
maybe the seating is a tad more stable for me which could explain why i have none on my actual setup (i used TG K for quite some time till i swapped to CM MGMN)

Last edited:
Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
also ... "Most thermal compounds (aluminum and zinc oxide) are abrasive and could scratch both the IHS and heatsink."
"Most"? Ummm no. Got a link? Pretty sure (like 99.999% sure) that is not true at all.

However, "some" ceramic TIMs claim to use "micronized diamonds" (basically, diamond "dust") and those might be considered abrasive. However, they are not to be used as a polish and rubbed into the surfaces. So actually scratching the surfaces would not be a problem if applied properly.

System Name Main Rig
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASrock X570 Taichi
Cooling Varies... all the time
Memory 32 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 6900XT
Storage 3 x M.2, 2x SSD, 2 x HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte M34WQ, M27Q
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Blue Snowball, Corsair H70i
Power Supply EVGA 850W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Drevo Blademaster Pro
VR HMD Reverb G2
Hey guys, what is the best current thermal paste? I have been a long time user of Artic Silver 5, but I want to know what is the best right now. Note I don't want to use liquid metal.

Thank you.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...onaut-taming-the-hotspot.251876/#post-3983092

Check the topic there for reference, I jumped to TG kryonaut for my Vega 64 and its been pretty darn good since - definite step up from the cheaper options, if its worth 3 x the price of something mainstream like MX2 then its for you to decide... for Vega though it was perfect.

Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I use Noctua H1 because it's relatively cheap and the difference among pastes is minuscule (more of a sugar pill effect)

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I wish they would stop putting toothpaste and denture cream in those lists. To me, it puts the seriousness, sincerity, and integrity of the entire comparison testing in question.

If someone is out of TIM, the solution is NOT to find anything that looks like paste. The solution is to not use the computer until you go buy some legitimate TIM. Even Walmart and the Home Depot have options that will hold you over.

If they want to establish a baseline, they should use what's been used for 70+ years, basic Silicone Heat Sink Compound.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I wish they would stop putting toothpaste and denture cream in those lists. To me, it puts the seriousness, sincerity, and integrity of the entire comparison testing in question.

If someone is out of TIM, the solution is NOT to find anything that looks like paste. The solution is to not use the computer until you go buy some legitimate TIM. Even Walmart and the Home Depot have options that will hold you over.

If they want to establish a baseline, they should use what's been used for 70+ years, basic Silicone Heat Sink Compound.

I've seen sillier. One chart I saw a while back they even ran a test using chocolate for paste.

Hey guys, what is the best current thermal paste? I have been a long time user of Artic Silver 5, but I want to know what is the best right now. Note I don't want to use liquid metal. Thank you.
I use Arctic's MX4 personally and in my shop. AS5 is still a top performer if you have some and want to use it up. If not just go with MX4 and call it good.
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/mx-4.html
Grizzly Conductonaut is top notch too, but is more expensive(last time I checked), but it's a metal TIM. I would highly recommend Grizzly Kryonaut if you go the Grizzly route;
http://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/16-kryonaut-en

Oh by the way for epoxy I just mix in Arctic Silver 5 to make it semi permanent
I've done that too. Heat conduction was unaffected. And it worked well, kept the heatsink on but was removable with some careful work.

Last edited:
Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I've seen sillier. One chart I saw a while back they even ran a test using chocolate for paste.

that was hardware secrets, they also used butter, mayo (did well), diaper cream, and toothpaste among some other things

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD

Yes I do Bill for your info, I used that mixture to attach tweakmonster Ramsinks to the Ram modules on a M18 gpu in my xps gen 1 laptop so I could overclock the card.

I use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut as I heard it is the best TIM that is not electrically conductive. I have notoriously shaky hands and i always spill a bit on the PCB or even in the socket (no joking). It's AM4 and i just put the CPU in and squished it down and it still works haha. I did just buy a tube of Arctic MX-4 though as it is cheaper than grizzly and i figure it makes no difference for stock or undervolt (what i am doing).

I also use a TIM cleaning kit + purifier to clean the surface for best thermal conductance.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
that was hardware secrets, they also used butter, mayo (did well), diaper cream, and toothpaste among some other things

Seriously this round up of results = /thread on all paste quality related questions. Mayonaise. Definitely trying that some day.

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Mayonaise. Definitely trying that some day.
Just remember what mayonnaise is made out of. Eggs! Really want a rotten egg smell coming out of your computer?

I love eggs, but I'll pass on that one.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Just remember what mayonnaise is made out of. Eggs! Really want a rotten egg smell coming out of your computer?

I love eggs, but I'll pass on that one.

Yep, you just confirmed this will be my April Fools' joke. I'm going to offer to build somebody a PC. :D

You will drive yourself crazy looking at the reviews because when the differences are so small, 2/10ths of a degree can drop ya quite a bit. Having read prolly 3 or 4 dozen of these ... along with 25 years experience building boxes, and leaving LM off the table, we recommend:

For CPUs:

- For the best that money can buy, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut takes the cake. It was cost prohibitive but now can be bought for $8 in the "condom pak" ... the tube is a bit more expensive.

- AS5 and Shin Etsu G751 have been running tied at the top of the pack in most tests. AS5 however takes about 7 - 8 weeks to cure under normal usage and while not conductive, it is capacitive so if it gets on contacts it can do damage. This can be avoided if ya patient and skillful so many folks ignore the limitation ... you probably won't have an issue. But that's kinda like saying "You probably won't get pregnant". Why take the chance ? Shin Etsu doesn't have either issue and it's < $4.00

For GPUs:

I don't know why anyone would remount a GPU cooler w/o doing the whole shebang but if just doing the GPU, you can stick with the above. However... on the GPU, you have all those memory chips and VRMs to cover not only oin the cooler side but also the backplate. I find Shin Etsu. IC Diamond, and others tendy dry out and get a bit sticky by the time I'm coating surface No. 24. Here I use Gelid Extreme .... it has a longer workability time and the little application tool is real handy on those lil VRMs.

System Name BoX-Server | 775PC
Processor I3 3.5GHZ (3150) | Modded Xeon E5450 (OC @3.60)
Motherboard ASRock B85M-ITX | ASUS P5Q-EM
Cooling OEZM HSK | 92MM Heatsink RGB
Memory 8GB DDR3 | 8GB DDR2
Video Card(s) AMD 6450 | AMD RX 550 4GB
Storage 120GB SSD 1TB WD | 120GB SSD 1TB Seagate 500GB HDD <<
Display(s) DELL 17" LCD 1280x1024 | ASUS 24" LCD IPS
Case CoolerMaster 110 | RoseWill ZIRCON
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Rosewill 610WATT | Rosewill 550WATT
Mouse Input-Director| RoseWill FUSION C40
Keyboard Input-Director | RoseWill FUSION
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I'm just rocking the Sliver 5 for 4 years so far

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I use Arctic's MX4 personally and in my shop. AS5 is still a top performer if you have some and want to use it up. If not just go with MX4 and call it good.
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/mx-4.html
Grizzly Conductonaut is top notch too, but is more expensive(last time I checked), but it's a metal TIM. I would highly recommend Grizzly Kryonaut if you go the Grizzly route;
http://www.thermal-grizzly.com/en/products/16-kryonaut-en

I've done that too. Heat conduction was unaffected. And it worked well, kept the heatsink on but was removable with some careful work.

The reason why I know about doing it this way is because I asked and what is so great about doing it that way it said it makes it a semi permanent Bond without affecting the thermal transfer properties of the compound and the epoxy and what I mean by semi-permanent is that it is resistant to vibration but you can remove it under normal mechanical force with your hands you don't even required tools to remove you know this stuff I used it on my Dell XPS gen 1 laptop with the M18 graphics card which is a 9800 with 256 megabytes of RAM hi installed Tweak monster ram sinks to the VGA RAM on the card and all that is required to remove those Ram sinks is pressure on one of the ends of the ram sink to remove it and also Lex Luthor Meister Arctic Silver 5 is still my favorite thermal compound mx4 as good as well but now I know a list of them that I could use and not happy any complaints

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Hey guys, what is the best current thermal paste? I have been a long time user of Artic Silver 5, but I want to know what is the best right now. Note I don't want to use liquid metal.

Thank you.

this is the best paste.
no mess.
cools 1-2 celsius colder than any paste other than the conductonaut.

best decision I ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.