• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What would you do?

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
It's not going to be a bomb or drugs, that would have been scan & checked by UPS. You can check the tracking number to confirm it is genuine on UPS website. If it's stolen goods he just has to explain where he got it from which would match UPS data log, so he would be in the clear, after all the item is not address to him.

1) People who are involved in criminal activities are constantly coming up with new/more sophisticated ways to avoid detection/getting caught, and usually at a much faster pace than what the carriers are coming up with new solutions to combat them....

The fact that the tracking # is legit means nothing, only that it was shipped thru UPS and delivered to an address where nobody is currently living, which is also suspicious in it's own right.

2) If you intercept or take possession of stolen or illegal goods, regardless of how this came to be, all the data logs in the world are not gonna put you "in the clear". Plus the fact that moving or otherwise interfering with packages addressed to someone else is a crime, anywhere, any time, any way...

System Name Main
Processor R7 5950x
Motherboard MSI x570S Unify-X Max
Cooling D5 clone, 280 rad, two F14 + three F12S bottom/intake, two P14S + F14S (Rad) + two F14 (top)
Memory 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance bdie 3600@CL16 1.35v
Video Card(s) GB 2080S WaterForce WB
Storage six M.2 pcie gen 4
Display(s) Sony 50X90J
Case Tt Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE, modded Sennheiser HD 558, Klipsch 2.1 THX
Power Supply Corsair RMx 750w
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard GSKILL Ripjaws
VR HMD NA
Software win 10 pro x64
Benchmark Scores TimeSpy score Fire Strike Ultra SuperPosition CB20
Take it, do proper setup, and use it until they move in, then ask if they are missing something :rolleyes:

Funny how many ppl assume that leaving stuff somewhere is "normal" in the US/other countries, when its not.

Only if you give the shipper/seller etc, authorization thru shipment release forms (of some sort), are they allowed to just drop it off.
And it DOES make sense.

Im usually gone on work days from 8-8, so its nice to be able to not have to deal with
rescheduling delivery or have shipments limited to my days off.

And im so far off everything else, the only ppl that know "we exist" (cluster of 5 houses),
are mail/delivery services and family/friends.
So far all items i havent received where never delivered/left at wrong address,
not one got stolen.

And yes, probably a good chance this could contain drugs/fraudulent purchase,
and no, not everything gets scanned (depending on company/item/size/service level, this will vary from 20-80%).
USPS has one of the higher rates in the US, and even they say they only find about 20% of the suspected drugs shipped with them.

If everything was actually scanned there would have been no injuries/death from bio/explosive attacks in the past 30y.

I experience thus weekly w/ UPS.

a) I live in a 200 year old Dairy Barn, my office is in the hayloft ... I sit w/ my left shouilder about 18" from a 10 foot wide bay window. The doorbell / front door is immediately below

b) I have a sign next to the doorbell that says "We are home, please ring bell for all deliveries. Or at least beep the horn before driving away" . UPS ignores it. I am on a1st name basis with the distribution manager .... lost a GFX card once ..... found a car radiator I ordered 2 doors down, the box about 10 feet away. Sometimes they just leave it at the end of the driveway .... 500 feet away . ot they leave it at back door, in winter in snow and I don't find it for a week or more,

c) Buy everything w/ Amex ... everbody else drops your cispute when vendor says "Oh we talked to him, he is happy now". Often get shipping refunded and you get an extra year warranty on everything you purchase.

The system of delivering packages without calling recipient beforehand and requiring a signature of receipt on delivery is the dumbest thing humanity has come up with in its history.
Except it's not practical. People work and deliveries often happen while people are at their jobs. Most people can't answer their phone while at work either.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
The system of delivering packages without calling receipient beforehand and requiring a signature of receipt on delivery is the dumbest thing humanity has come up with in its history.
I normally get a text on my phone from the Postal Service saying the parcel/s is due that day and on its way, I also try to get deliveries via registered mail so my signature is required, or if not, then they all have tracking enabled.

Except it's not practical. People work and deliveries often happen while people are at their jobs. Most people can't answer their phone while at work either.
Not necessarily to literally call, but to message receipient with delivery time with option to accept or reschedule or pick it up from deliverers storage. Many ways around it, its the way works it most countries around the world with the U.S. being an exception.

System Name ATLAS
Processor Intel Core i7-4770 (4C/8T) Haswell
Motherboard GA-Z87X-UD5H , Dual Intel LAN, 10x SATA, 16x Power phace.
Cooling ProlimaTech Armageddon - Dual GELID 140 Silent PWM
Memory Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2400 997123F 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1060 OC 6GB (single fan) Micron
Storage WD Raptors 73Gb - Raid1 10.000rpm
Display(s) DELL U2311H
Case HEC Compucase CI-6919 Full tower (2003) moded .. hec-group.com.tw
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Music + mods, Audigy front Panel - YAMAHA quad speakers with Sub.
Power Supply HPU-4M780-PE refurbished 23-3-2022
Mouse MS Pro IntelliMouse 16.000 Dpi Pixart Paw 3389
Keyboard Microsoft Wired 600
Software Win 7 Pro x64 ( Retail Box ) for EU
I live to see the day that TPU will announce the give-away date ... :roll:

ASUS this is something that I can still trust.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Bury it in their backyard and sell them a "totally unrelated" treasure map to it's location. Then once they are safely lost in Northern Alaska, collect the package.

No, I'm too lazy to pull this off. And a goodie-twoshoes. Plus, I fear the northern gods might get mad or something.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
I work at The UPS store. That should have been a shop assist.