• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

whats wrong with my Hd4670 agp card?

System Name Main system
Processor Intel Core-i7 4790K @4.5
Motherboard Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 32 Gig (16 GigADATA XPG V2 DDR3 2400 + 16 Gig Geil Evo Veloce DDR3 1600 CL11)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX1080 G1 Gaming
Storage Western Digital Blue Cavier 500 and 1 Terabyte + 1 Terabyte Green Cavier + Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500G
Display(s) ASUS ML238 LED Monitor
Case Green Viper X3
Audio Device(s) Onboard-Realtek
Power Supply Green 700watt (Its a rebranded psu from highpower/kolink I guess)
Software Windows 10 /Ubuntu 16.04
hello guys , i bought this card almost a month ago , and couple of weeks ago i noticed that
the whole enviroment in game is somekinda blured except objetcs in Space 1 meter radius around me which are vivid and in full detail (when i am kinda far from an object(e.g 2meters) at first its blured and has alittle detail , but when i approaches it and almost touch it it gets is full detail.
at first i thought thats because of the 'draw distance' option which is in the games ( and shows the objects which are far from you in less details or even doesnt show them to you) , but i was wrong ! that has nothing to with them , because when i navigated to the Catalyst Control Center , the Anti-Aliasing Option, in windows 7 , there was this problem again , as you know in win7 there is a playing demo in Anti-Aliasing section which reflects the different setting the user chooses, i have the same problem there too.
i have updated the card driver to 9.12 but no luck .
the card vendor is Club3d .
i dont know what to do , it really bothers me in alot of games !

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
I think its the Anisotropic Filtering (AF) that you should be bothered about rather than AA

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
You know, a screenshot goeas a long way... ;)

Last edited:
System Name Main system
Memory 32 Gig (16 GigADATA XPG V2 DDR3 2400 + 16 Gig Geil Evo Veloce DDR3 1600 CL11)
Storage Western Digital Blue Cavier 500 and 1 Terabyte + 1 Terabyte Green Cavier + Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500G
Case Green Viper X3
ok, i try to get a screenshot to show you what i mean , the reason i didnt post any screenShot is that at home i dont have any internet connection , and plus no game was installed .
today i install a game and show you the pics afterward .
before that could it be because of the malfunctioning card? or no thats a windows /driver related problem ?
and oh by the way , i think after installing the newest hotfix for 9.12 catalyst driver for my card , its temperature in idea has increased compared to the former hotfix(9.11)! is it normal too with ati cards?
thanks alot again.

System Name Main system
Case Green Viper X3
i took some screenshots form Crysis Warhead .
the game is set on Enthusiast . I lowered the resolution down to 1024* 768 and windowed to be able to take screenshot .
in ATI Catalyst Center , i set the Anisotropic Filtering to 16 , and AI optimization to Advanced , i also set a option which was for transparent AA stuff to maximum quality !!
the results are as below .
ScreenShots Download link
you can see ScreenShots online here :
as you can see when im kinnda far from an object , the object is not shown , but when i approch more the object becomes visible and the more i approach , the more the object details develop !
i think this issue was even worse when i had the 9.11 driver installed !
anyway is there a way to disable the windows Xp driver verification feature ? because whenever i try to install either of hotfixes (9.11 or 9.12 ) , the installation ends with a yellow sign indicating the installation has not gone smoothly . When i take a look at log file , i see that the Display Driver was not installed , reason ? it says , the driver is not digitally signed !
so how can i cope with this problem too ?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
System Name Main system
Case Green Viper X3

werez

The screens look pretty normal to me i can`t actually see any blur ... try not to set AA and AF from ATI CCC , and let the aplication decide for every game . Then go and make your own settings ingame . BTW are you sure that enthusiast is not too much for your Hd4670 , not to mention AA ? :) how many fps do you get 10-15 ? what you describe are just low framerates . The gpu can`t keep up with the game . Try lower resolutions / lower details .
"When i take a look at log file , i see that the Display Driver was not installed" - i know that notification can be skipped by ignoring it ( don`t you get a continue anyway button? ) . Anyway make sure you uninstall the drivers before you install new ones .
But like i previously said , you can`t play CRYSIS with the Hd4670 smoothly . Maybe , just maybe you will get like 25 fps on high details 1024x768 .

Last edited:
System Name Main system
Case Green Viper X3
The screens look pretty normal to me i can`t actually see any blur ... try not to set AA and AF from ATI CCC , and let the aplication decide for every game . Then go and make your own settings ingame . BTW are you sure that enthusiast is not too much for your Hd4670 , not to mention AA ? :) how many fps do you get 10-15 ? what you describe are just low framerates . The gpu can`t keep up with the game . Try lower resolutions / lower details .
"When i take a look at log file , i see that the Display Driver was not installed" - i know that notification can be skipped by ignoring it ( don`t you get a continue anyway button? ) . Anyway make sure you uninstall the drivers before you install new ones .
But like i previously said , you can`t play CRYSIS with the Hd4670 smoothly . Maybe , just maybe you will get like 25 fps on high details 1024x768 .

thankyou very much . the reason i set to enthusiast was that , i wanted to make sure the game is set to show in maximum detail , why ? because as i showed you the pictures , i cant see some objects in full details! while im alittle bit far from them !and even worst some objects are not visible at all !
i posted some pictures when i was underwater ! see at first there are 3 leaves ! but when i approach just a step! another one turns up! or in other pics which i showed you .
its pretty obvious that some objects dont exist , but when i approach they get created!!
is this a problem with the card? or driver ? or no its pretty natural ?

and the framerate yes its really low . i just set the settings that way to test , not for the actual gaming .
and that continue button you mentioned , no , that popup window never shows up! i also changed the setting under the sign driver option , and chose to install those drivers anyway, but yet no luck .

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
I think you get this "pop-up" problem because the card just can't manage loading everything at those settings

System Name MRCOMP!
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair 280 AIO
Memory 64GB 3600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX3060
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Neo
Case No Case... just sitting on cardboard :D
Power Supply Antec 650w
is there an option called LOD?

System Name Main system
Case Green Viper X3

werez

I don`t know ... you should format , make an OS clean install , install the latest drivers , and see if that works . Also try scanning the card for artifacts on stock clocks with Ati tray tools or something and see how that goes . If the card is not artifacting i don`t what defect it may have . Anyway , is the card on stock clocks or did you overclock it ? IF nothing works , just RMA the card .

System Name Main system
Case Green Viper X3
I think you get this "pop-up" problem because the card just can't manage loading everything at those settings
i dont think so , because when i set the setting to minimum , the same issue still persists!
I don`t know ... you should format , make an OS clean install , install the latest drivers , and see if that works . Also try scanning the card for artifacts on stock clocks with Ati tray tools or something and see how that goes . If the card is not artifacting i don`t what defect it may have . Anyway , is the card on stock clocks or did you overclock it ? IF nothing works , just RMA the card .

i made a clean os install (xp sp3). and the card is in its stock clock . ok . when i get home i test the card with ati tools for any kind of artifacts .
before that i sent an email to club3d support today for the driver update issue, no answer yet .

i dont remember the same problem with my beloved now dead Msi 6600 256 mb agp 8x card in crysis !

thank you every one for your time in helping me .