• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Whats wrong with my video card?

tallicabassist

i have a RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 ATI graphics card and for all my games ive been getting these dots and idk whats wrong with my card
i am desparate to get rid of these
though this only is seen during GAMEPLAY and not like during videos in the game like cinematics

i attatched 2 screen shots showing what they look like

they are a lot worse when actually in playing the game

Attachments

• artifacts1.JPG
    artifacts1.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 524
  • artifacts.JPG
    artifacts.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 510
artifacts are due to memory corruption. basically nothing is wrong with your card, but if they annoy you then just reinstall the original drivers and they will be gone.

this is from the FAQ on this site:

"Q: How can I fix artifacts?
A:

Unfortunately there is no 100% fix for artifacts. In most cases the pipelines are simply damaged and will produce artifacts no matter what you do.

A few people could fix artifacts doing one or more of the following:

* Disable Hierarchical-Z (Use google to find an utility called "RTool")
* Force Anti-Aliasing
* Force Anisotropic Filtering
* Force 16-Bit color

Changing BIOS, voltages, cooling or clock speeds will not fix artifacts caused by a defective pipeline."

well, you say you have a '9500 Pro', if you do then its not a pipeline issue as you cannot mod a 9500Pro into a 9700 no matter what drivers/bios you put through it.
The arifacts could be due to heat, check the card fan & if in doubt 'underclock' the card to see if the artifacts go.

tallicabassist

well im happy, i used the ATI tool and turned the clocks down slightly and the artifacts are gone, so thank u all for ur help