1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What's your current favorite game, and why?

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1Strive, Jan 4, 2007.

1. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    i didn't know that :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    lol
    is your friend then?

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. bretts31344

bretts31344

Thanks Received:
    Both those games are great. Rainbox Six Vegas has a longer lasting appeal than GoW, but GoW is amazing while you play it. The chainsaw animation never gets old, and I bet it looks even better on your TV. Rainbox Six Vegas is the best shooter I have played in a long time. The cover system blows away GoW, and GoW is great too. I went back and played CoD3 and its just not even that fun anymore after playing both R6V and GoW.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Exactly! I just rented Call of Duty 3 a few days ago, and when I'm close to walls I keep hitting the "L Trigger". But, I don't get behind cover, I just stay there looking at a wall. When you play both Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas, you wish every shooter had that cover system.

Btw, do you have Xbox Live?

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    Oblivion. Been playing it daily since mid-May and will probably get a year out of it before I move on to something else. Huge, beautiful, free-form and not an MMO. :)

6. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    then how will he fart???

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Dark Messiah is sweet, AFTER the patch that is. It was horrible before the patch.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    Oblivion, playing through again with oscuro's oblivion mod and knights of the nine on, now it rocks even more!

im also partial to a bit of bf2, 2142 when its not booting me for no reason, prey(just got it for £7) F.E.A.R combat(im the one who keeps kicking you in the head)and C.O.H

9. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I really dont bash on things. DM was a great hack-n-slash, but suffers a short, and very confusing story line (which i blame my self for not playing the other MM). The game is TOO liner, and has only two point of where a player has a choice to effect the storyline, which in end the reward are 4 different endings (save time and just search the endings in youtube). Plus i really didnt enjoy the multiplayer portion, its so unbalanced...

i give DM a 6/10...

oblivion on the other hand is pretty neat for its massive map, but most of the game is spent on traveling between quest targets (thank god for the cheat /movetoqt <--or something like that).

i give it a 8/10....but have have to try that expansion.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I don't know, maybe I just from the age of simplistic gameplay, but I really enjoy it. The storyline is weak and it is short as hell. I am already halfway through it and I have been playing MAYBE 4 hours.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Jonnycat New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's been Wolfy and ET for the last five years, with the future hope of Quake Wars in a few months.

12. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Currently I play Supreme Commander, don't have much space for other games until my new hard drive arrives one of these days.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    arse, thats just not fair, is that beta or is it released now, cause i GOTTA get this game

14. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Beta

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    PC: CounterStrike Source (I havent been able to play this since the sale of my PC, so now I have a new GFX card Im getting back into it)

XBOX360: Gears Of War & Lost Planet (both of these games are superb with great gameplay and display graphics better then any PC game Ive seen to date)

Nintendo DS: New Super Mario Bros. (LOL I keep stealing my daughters NDS to play this :laugh: )

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    and a buggy one it is...:nutkick:

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    If it wasn't buggy they could release it. Plus it works perfectly fine on my computer so I'll jsut conclude that everyone else has a sucky computer :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I have 2 that I'm playing right now. GRAW and FEAR. They're the last 2 that came out that keep me interested. I just keep coming back to them. Although I'd like to try GoW on the 360 or Vegas on the PC. I think they might be able to pull me away. lol

19. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I really want to try FEAR but I get a goofy error when I try to play demo on my PC???
    Playing now BF2142,Oblivion,BF2,and a rather cool little submarine sim called Silent Hunter 3.
    Also a little IL-2 Sturmovik Pacific Fighters when I can,...I love shooting down planes:rockout:

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. Grings

Grings

Thanks Received:
    silent hunter 3 and sturmovik are great i want to play them again now!

gutted that new sturmovik is standalone though, its too expensive and looks the same (so did forgotten battles to original il2, even had same menu's)

i think ill look online and see if i can find aces expansion cheap (already got il2, forgotten battles and pacific fighters

got neverwinter nights2, it looks cool, but is far too buggy at the moment, even with latest patch

21. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Hahah, yeah, that game is addicting as hell. I have beaten it around 6 times now and I am still playing through.

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. TangoFish

TangoFish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Been playing 2142 since release but just got seriously distracted by VEGAS, man that game rocks, the ease with which you can give orders makes a refreshing change no more messing about with bloody tactical maps. Oh and the headshots look sweet.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007