1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

when I click determine core clock on ati tool I get a fullscreen of vertical lines!

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by NYGANG_EDDI, Dec 9, 2004.

1. NYGANG_EDDI New Member

Thanks Received:
    when I click determine core clock on ati tool I get a fullscreen of vertical lines!. Is this how the program tests the card? I was scared and rebooted when this happened because I have a cooked card that soft of does the same thing. SO TELL ME: when I do the determine the high core clock thingie, is the whole screen supposed to change to alot vertical streaks of red brown white?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. ReconCX New Member

Thanks Received:
    no, your card might just not be very overclockable at all, you should do it manually instead.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Head New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's because your card perhaps is not supported... I had the same problem with my x800se agp with the previous version of ati tool that didn't support the card.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. kayone New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you've fitted an Artic cooler or reseated your cooler, you might wanna check it and re-seat and make sure it's screwed in properly.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. acrowley23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    its the weird screen gambling bug ?! do you have a x800 CARD ? when, you should use the x800xt 500_500 Bios...

10 Year Member at TPU