• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where can I get a 980 ti xtreme ln2 mode bios?

I've been trying to oc my 980 ti g1 to 1.6g ,but I cant reach it at 1.243v.Considering I can hit 1.56g at 1.243v , I think if I can unlock the voltage to 1.273v ,1.6g would be a possible oced result.Now I am using a 980 ti xtreme gaming mode bios downloaded from TPU but its max voltage is still 1.243v. I hared that NVIDIA's current drives have limited the max voltage.So I want to flash a ln2 mode bios and see if it can break the limit.

Last edited:
System Name Gamer/ HTPC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard ROG Crosshair VI
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer 420 AIO
Memory G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3333 CL14
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus RX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron 480 GB
Display(s) Samsung 42" 1080p
Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass
Power Supply Corsair 750
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/johan45/
From my experience, the 980Ti is more limited by temperature than voltage

System Name Madness
Processor 6700k delidded 5.0ghz from silicone lottery
Motherboard Msi z270 m5
Cooling xspc cpu block , ek pump/res , alphacool 360 rad , ek fc x2 , monsoon fittings
Memory corsair dominator platinum16gb with light bar kit
Video Card(s) Msi 1070 seahawk x2
Storage adata sp550 256gb , seagate 1tb
Display(s) hp 24' monitors x3
Case Phanteks enthoo evolve tempered glass
Audio Device(s) Samsung 5.1 surround system
Power Supply xfx 1250w pro series , custom cables
Mouse Logitech g403
Keyboard Logitech g11 ,painted white and black
I think you should be looking for something like a k1ngp1n card bios

From my experience, the 980Ti is more limited by temperature than voltage
That's really really right.The temp limit is so unfriendly to OC. Once the temp is around 58℃ or even lower ,the card will decrease its frequency and voltage.I cant see any reason why NVIDIA set such a strict limit. Well, AMD's high-end cards can run at high temperature, high clocks with high voltage.But their oc potential (like Hawaii, Fiji)are much lower than Maxwell......OK,stick to the point, I have changed my card's so-called "WINDFORCE 600w cooling system" to Arctic Extreme III, which looks very cheaper than its original cooler covered with matal material.Though the AC III are lighter, uglier , it do cool the GPU anyway.My card's temperature was under 58℃ when running Fire Strike Extreme(the room temp was about 30℃)with stable voltage and frequency.So I guess I really need an enhanced bios which can provide higher voltage.

I think you should be looking for something like a k1ngp1n card bios
Nice suggestion.But I worry EVGA bios wont fit to GIGABYTE card.I will try it tomorrow. No matter how I have other graphics card at hand, so I can still boot up and reflash its bios if the EVGA bios is a wrong option.

Last edited:
System Name Madness
Motherboard Msi z270 m5
Cooling xspc cpu block , ek pump/res , alphacool 360 rad , ek fc x2 , monsoon fittings
Mouse Logitech g403
I should have realized yours was a gigabyte card with the g1 moniker . My 980 is an EVGA , but a refference card. I'm curious to know if the kingpin bios will work on a gigabyte card, I have my doubts though , good luck.

Edit, I also have a pair of 290x's and your right about how insane it is how hot those cards are designed to run at and still be in the safe zone

I should have realized yours was a gigabyte card with the g1 moniker . My 980 is an EVGA , but a refference card. I'm curious to know if the kingpin bios will work on a gigabyte card, I have my doubts though , good luck.

Edit, I also have a pair of 290x's and your right about how insane it is how hot those cards are designed to run at and still be in the safe zone
Now My card is down and I cant boot up when I am using a r7 360 for output device.I must move My 980 ti off if I want to boot up. REALLY need some help...
Plus,I can boot up in safe mode,but nvflash displayed “Unable to start service.”

Last edited:
System Name The Banshee
Processor Ryzen 5 5600 @ 4.45GHz
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling CM Hyper 212 Plus
Memory 16GB 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL16 1.35V
Video Card(s) RTX 3060M 6GB @ 1750-2000MHz Core / 1875MHz Mem
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 & 1TB Mass Storage HDD
Display(s) LG 25UM57-P @ 75Hz OC
Case Fractal Design Arc XL
Audio Device(s) ATH-M20x
Power Supply Evga SuperNova 1300 G2
Mouse Evga Torq X3
Keyboard Thermaltake Challenger
Software Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
That's really really right.The temp limit is so unfriendly to OC. Once the temp is around 58℃ or even lower ,the card will decrease its frequency and voltage.I cant see any reason why NVIDIA set such a strict limit. Well, AMD's high-end cards can run at high temperature, high clocks with high voltage.But their oc potential (like Hawaii, Fiji)are much lower than Maxwell......OK,stick to the point, I have changed my card's so-called "WINDFORCE 600w cooling system" to Arctic Extreme III, which looks very cheaper than its original cooler covered with matal material.Though the AC III are lighter, uglier , it do cool the GPU anyway.My card's temperature was under 58℃ when running Fire Strike Extreme(the room temp was about 30℃)with stable voltage and frequency.So I guess I really need an enhanced bios which can provide higher voltage.

What you really need is a lower gpu temperature. 99% of the time when you reduce the temperature of the gpu core it will allow it to operate at higher frequencies using the same voltage, it has nothing to do with the temp limit or anything it's just how the materials used react to temperatures (this applies to most other components as well). Essentially if you had your gpu watercooled it could probably do 1600MHz+ using the same voltage you are using for 1560MHz.

System Name Madness
Motherboard Msi z270 m5
Mouse Logitech g403
Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
You make a few copies of the original bios, you use one of them to modify with a bios editor to alter the Settings you're looking to change, then u load the modified bios. That way you're not screwing around with flashing bios' from different cards onto yours .

That's my knowledge of it from my limited experience. A Very good rule of thumb ,that I have picked up with life in general ,over the years, is if you have to ask questions, you should read more before you do anything. Otherwise you end up frantically creating "help me" threads, looking for help with something you should'nt done in the first place without more study

System Name Madness
Motherboard Msi z270 m5
Mouse Logitech g403
You make a few copies of the original bios, you use one of them to modify with a bios editor to alter the Settings you're looking to change, then u load the modified bios. That way you're not screwing around with flashing bios' from different cards onto yours

Good point , didn't think about a bios editor,
random note too, one of my 290xs is an unlocked 290, both are the xfx DD, and none of the bios I got from tpu seemed to work unlocking my card...it was only when I got a legit 290x and flashed that bios to the 290 did I get the card to work unlocked properly