1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Where can I get this Bios?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by dennis5pia, Sep 28, 2011.

1. dennis5pia New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was bitten with 2 non-working Nvidia Video card listed as 240GT, but in fact they are useless cards.

you can see the GPU-Z screenshot.

So, the card GPU is G73 (7000 series I think), so I flashed it with the 7600GS bios, but a warning message appeared. it said devide ID do not match. the card device ID is 10DE-039F and the bios device ID was 10DE-0392. but I override this anyway, but the card die after flashing.

Then I found this 9800GT on this site. Device ID are the same (10DE-039F) and almost everything, the only thing is diferent is the Memory. this one have DDR2 memory and mines are DDR3. but I think I can give it a shot, after all I have nothing to lose.

So, does anyone have this bios?

Attached Files:

2. dennis5pia New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. robal

robal

Thanks Received:
    Assuming that the card was flashed with BIOS with completely wrong information:

I think you'll need to remove the heatsink and note down markings on the GPU (if markings on PCB itself are not enlightening).
    Then note down type of memory chip (and number of chips)

Once you've got that it will probably be easy to find a BIOS for this GPU+DDR combination.

Cheers,

BTW: G73 != 9800

4. dennis5pia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your repply. I forgot to say that the card that I have flashed die, but since there were 2 of them, the other one is intact, and that's the one I want to flash with a Bios that meet the 10DE 039F Device ID.

Reggarding the G73 chip=9800 I didnĀ“t know that. I though it was just for the 7000 series.

5. robal

robal

Thanks Received:
    Oops.
    I tried to say that GF73 is not 9800.

Cheers

6. basco

Thanks Received:
    i would get newest gpu-z 1st.
    240gt should be 40nm gt215 core.
    driver is too old to recognise the card.
    you said bitten with 2 non-working cards? -but you can boot in win?
    you just want it to get working again with different bios or just funny flashing?
    i think put new driver and card is ok.

7. dennis5pia New Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh::laugh: OK.

Thanks for your repply. is not matter of GPU-Z since it works fine with my other Nvidia Video Card (9300GE) and I have 2 version of GPU-Z includding the newest one, and is the same with all of them.

So, the card let's say work on win 7, but they do not work with any Nvidia Drivers, when you try to install Nvidia drivers, installation wizard says "no se ha encontrado ningun hardware Nvidia" (no Nvidia hardware found)" or something like that. So, like if the Video card is not a Nvidia one. And Win-7 installs it as "Tarjeta de Video Standar (Standard Video Card)". and I get a 1 on win-7 system evaluation because of the Video. I get a 4 on video evaluation with my Nvidia GeForce 9300GE 128MB DDR2 64 bit.

I also have Everest and my 9300GE appear in this program, with these one it just says "video de windows(Windows Video)". and just a line, don't remember which one, says something about Nvidia with these video cards.

on Windows XP screen go black when you install Nvidia Drivers..

So, since GPU-Z shows some fields in blank, like Bandwidth, GPU and Memory Clock, etc. I think that installing a New bios would solve the problem.

8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Did you take the heat sinks off like someone said and written the code off the die?

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. dennis5pia New Member

Thanks Received:
    not yet.. I'm going to do it..

10. dennis5pia New Member

Thanks Received:
    the chip is like this:

nVIDIA
    23N3N8 0623A2
    A TAIWAN
    P10396.00

G73-VZ-N-A2