• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which console has the best game library

ktr

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9066&Itemid=2

This is a very interesting article which talks about which console has the best rating game library (game review averages)

The Wii is very behind. Its top 10% games are not equal to the other two consoles.

The ps3 and the 360 are pretty much the same.

Even though the 360 had an extra year, it shows that it resulted in worser quality games, but dont worry, with the 360 large game library, the dent from the "worser" games did not dent the scores much.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
that is interesting. just wait until the end of this year when the major titles come out for the ps3.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
I was thinking about investing in a 360 or ps3, but I think I have completely change my mind. Wii is what I will be getting. Mario, smash, zelda, there is no subsitute for those games. ps3 and x360 have the same things, and most of that stuff is on cpu. Maybe its just my recent yearning for the old school, but I think wii has got the best.

A

Azazel

im still a ps fan...alway will be :) glad its games are doing so well :) i got a 60gb ps3 on release :) alot of people complaind about how crappy it was..meh...they were wrong

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
NES has the best Game Library

Processor Intel i7-5930k
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X99
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 4x8GB HyperX FURY DDR4-2666 15-17-17-15
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
Storage 1x Plextor PX-512M6S SSD, 1x WD 750gb HDD, 2x Hitachi 2TB HDD, 1x Seagate 4TB HDD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2314H
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse ROCCAT Kone Pure Color White
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB - Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I'm glad I got my 60gb at release too. I've never had an issue with it and the games are great!

Ill tell you there are hardly any games that are not on Xbox and PS3 trust me i have a 360 and my friend has a PS3.

Basically Sony is trying to rplace the pc with the ps3 i mean linux, Blu ray, games, keyboard mouse support ect

Id say that the Sega Master System lol has the best games library, nah seriously Xbox 360 has the largest variety of games, like Forza 2, Halo 3, Scene it, Viva Pinata, Gears Of War ect ect not saying they are all good games. It also has multi format games like Assasins Cred and COD4
AND blu ray is a waste of time costs to much and normal dvds are way superior.

I was a die hard Nintendo fan had all Gameboys (Colour, original and advance), NES, n64 and Gamecube but i used my head and got a xbox 360 not to say i didnt have a ps2 everyone had a ps2 just i thought out off all consoles Xbox 360 was the most economical and logical to buy.
Was also a die hard Sega fan skipped the handhelds and Saturn but had a Dreamcast, Master System and Mega Drive.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Ill tell you there are hardly any games that are not on Xbox and PS3 trust me i have a 360 and my friend has a PS3.

Basically Sony is trying to rplace the pc with the ps3 i mean linux, Blu ray, games, keyboard mouse support ect

Id say that the Sega Master System lol has the best games library, nah seriously Xbox 360 has the largest variety of games, like Forza 2, Halo 3, Scene it, Viva Pinata, Gears Of War ect ect not saying they are all good games. It also has multi format games like Assasins Cred and COD4
AND blu ray is a waste of time costs to much and normal dvds are way superior.

I was a die hard Nintendo fan had all Gameboys (Colour, original and advance), NES, n64 and Gamecube but i used my head and got a xbox 360 not to say i didnt have a ps2 everyone had a ps2 just i thought out off all consoles Xbox 360 was the most economical and logical to buy.
Was also a die hard Sega fan skipped the handhelds and Saturn but had a Dreamcast, Master System and Mega Drive.

you completely missed the point of the article. according to the author who researched game reviews , the ps3 has the best library. and who cares if sony is thinking outside the box by allowing their users to install linux? i like the idea. also, blu-ray is not a waste of time if you like HD movies. I watch 1080p movies on my hdtv thanks to my ps3! you say normal dvds are superior? i dont understand how you came to that conclusion.

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit

I hope they succeed in that. I sold my PC and using my PS3 with linux to do web browsing and originally planned on building a new PC later this year when Starcraft 2 and Fallout 3 come out. Fallout 3 is coming out for PC, 360 and PS3, and I heard a rumor that SC2 might come out for PS3 and/or 360. If thats true I have no need for a new PC if the games support keyboard and mouse to play how I want.

I actually bought a 360 and PS3 at the same time, the PS3 to go online with and a backup incase the 360 dies. I had wanted a 360 for a very long time but it took years to build up the courage to buy one. I really hate the PS3 games though, I find almost none interesting. I bought Devil May Cry 4, which is the only good game in my opinion, and Turok, and Ridge Racer. For the 360 I bought Madden 08, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, NHL 08, Blue Dragon, Naruto and Assassins Creed. A lot of those games I got for 360 are available on PS3, but have flaws due to bad and lazy programming.

Assassins Creed freezes on PS3, Madden 08 has 30 FPS on PS3 compared to 60 on the 360, Burnout Paradise you can use your own music while playing, the PS3 I heard will be able to at a later date, NHL 08 on the PS3 has framerate issues. I think the PS3 will eventually have games worth playing, like SC2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XIII and I'm sure many more. But out of the 3 major consoles now I'd have to vote 360 as best game library, followed by the Wii, then PS3 right now. By the end of this year I expect the PS3 to have the best games, in my opinion at least.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
I hope they succeed in that. I sold my PC and using my PS3 with linux to do web browsing and originally planned on building a new PC later this year when Starcraft 2 and Fallout 3 come out. Fallout 3 is coming out for PC, 360 and PS3, and I heard a rumor that SC2 might come out for PS3 and/or 360. If thats true I have no need for a new PC if the games support keyboard and mouse to play how I want.

I actually bought a 360 and PS3 at the same time, the PS3 to go online with and a backup incase the 360 dies. I had wanted a 360 for a very long time but it took years to build up the courage to buy one. I really hate the PS3 games though, I find almost none interesting. I bought Devil May Cry 4, which is the only good game in my opinion, and Turok, and Ridge Racer. For the 360 I bought Madden 08, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, NHL 08, Blue Dragon, Naruto and Assassins Creed. A lot of those games I got for 360 are available on PS3, but have flaws due to bad and lazy programming.

Assassins Creed freezes on PS3, Madden 08 has 30 FPS on PS3 compared to 60 on the 360, Burnout Paradise you can use your own music while playing, the PS3 I heard will be able to at a later date, NHL 08 on the PS3 has framerate issues. I think the PS3 will eventually have games worth playing, like SC2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XIII and I'm sure many more. But out of the 3 major consoles now I'd have to vote 360 as best game library, followed by the Wii, then PS3 right now. By the end of this year I expect the PS3 to have the best games, in my opinion at least.

ive played all those games on the ps3 and they all run better on the ps3 than my friends 360.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular

You're mainly talking about games that were developed for the Xbox 360 and ported to the PS3. Play PS3 exclusives and then tell me what you think about the Xbox 360 library. People are starting to figure out MS's advertising plan: make everything look epic and l33t in mass commericals so people will preorder and buy copies without even doing research on the game.

ktr

Dark messiah for the 360 (just came out) is getting reviews around 3/10...lol

price to performance dvds are better than the hd format disks
hardly anyone uses hd formats for storage and most movies are out on dvd and are much cheaper

as for a console trying to replace pcs nah itll never work i love my pc i can do almost anything on it

as for games i played uncharted and i looks great but is a shit game with crappy gameplay
as for forza 2 on xbox i love it
there are games that are multi format like fifa and pro evolution on ps3
i actually prefer the current xbox exclusives to the ps3 ones

there are only 2 nig games i can think of that the xbox dosnt have coming out and it is MEtal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy

EDIT: Dark Messiah is a shit game tho i played the demo and almost as bad as Hour of Victory

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
price to performance dvds are better than the hd format disks
hardly anyone uses hd formats for storage and most movies are out on dvd and are much cheaper

wtf are you talking about?

as for a console trying to replace pcs nah itll never work i love my pc i can do almost anything on it

and i can do anything with linux on my ps3, so i dont see your point.

as for games i played uncharted and i looks great but is a shit game with crappy gameplay
as for forza 2 on xbox i love it
there are games that are multi format like fifa and pro evolution on ps3
i actually prefer the current xbox exclusives to the ps3 ones

there are only 2 nig games i can think of that the xbox dosnt have coming out and it is MEtal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy

EDIT: Dark Messiah is a shit game tho i played the demo and almost as bad as Hour of Victory

eh

tiys

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Brisbane
Motherboard ECS AMD690GM-M2
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Diamond Viper Radeon X1950pro 256MB
Storage WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 3Gb/s
Display(s) Acer 17" LCD
Case Still an HP case...if you have one for free/cheap, PM me :)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550watt
Software Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Processor i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 ITX
Cooling Corsair A50 (CPU) and Antec Kuhler 620 (GPU)
Memory G. Skill 8GB 1866
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 290X
Storage OCZ SSD and 1TB Hardrive
Display(s) Dell S2415h
Case Cheap Cougar Case
Power Supply Corsair 650w PSU
Software Windows 10
PS3 doesn't have (as many) crappy games because the install base is the smallest and the development cost is the most expensive. This will be the year of PS3 though. It already outsold Xbox 360 this January. I can't wait to play real exclusives on PS3. Since most of us own a good PC, most Xbox 360 games are ported to PC within months anyway(Oblivion, Gears of War, Viva Pinata (yes, it is good), Mass Effect, Rainbow Six, etc.).

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
PS3 doesn't have (as many) crappy games because the install base is the smallest and the development cost is the most expensive. This will be the year of PS3 though. It already outsold Xbox 360 this January. I can't wait to play real exclusives on PS3. Since most of us own a good PC, most Xbox 360 games are ported to PC within months anyway(Oblivion, Gears of War, Viva Pinata (yes, it is good), Mass Effect, Rainbow Six, etc.).

this most certainly will be the year of the ps3! of course, it doesnt really matter which consoles outsells the other. i bought the ps3 because it is the right console for me!

Processor i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 ITX
Cooling Corsair A50 (CPU) and Antec Kuhler 620 (GPU)
Memory G. Skill 8GB 1866
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 290X
Storage OCZ SSD and 1TB Hardrive
Display(s) Dell S2415h
Case Cheap Cougar Case
Power Supply Corsair 650w PSU
Software Windows 10
this most certainly will be the year of the ps3! of course, it doesnt really matter which consoles outsells the other. i bought the ps3 because it is the right console for me!

Yea, I don't care which system sells more, but it normally means more games will be developed on that system. That is good for everyone. I have owned all three systems, but sold Wii because I never played it. Just not my system. This looks like another great year for video/computer games, but I am not sure if last year can be topped.

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Cooling Zalman 9700
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
ive played all those games on the ps3 and they all run better on the ps3 than my friends 360.

Thats definitely not true of Madden 08, NHL 08 and Assassins Creed. Those games are confirmed to have problems, even by the craziest of PS3 fanboys. As I said, Burnout is fine on both, I just like it better on 360 because you can use your own MP3s, which the PS3 will be able to do at a future date. I'm not bashing the PS3, or I wouldn't have bought it. All of the problems with the games are because of bad programming, not the PS3 itself.

You're mainly talking about games that were developed for the Xbox 360 and ported to the PS3. Play PS3 exclusives and then tell me what you think about the Xbox 360 library. People are starting to figure out MS's advertising plan: make everything look epic and l33t in mass commericals so people will preorder and buy copies without even doing research on the game.

And yes I know that, I've already stated at least two or three times in this thread that its not the PS3s fault but bad and lazy programming (I.e. bad ports). The problem with the PS3 exclusives right now are that they are terribly boring. In my opinion at least, I think the only PS3 exclusive I'm looking forward to playing at this moment is FF13.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Thats definitely not true of Madden 08, NHL 08 and Assassins Creed. Those games are confirmed to have problems, even by the craziest of PS3 fanboys. As I said, Burnout is fine on both, I just like it better on 360 because you can use your own MP3s, which the PS3 will be able to do at a future date. I'm not bashing the PS3, or I wouldn't have bought it. All of the problems with the games are because of bad programming, not the PS3 itself.

i havnt had a problem at all with those games, but maybe others have. i wouldnt be surprised tho.

jocksteeluk

The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
Processor custom dupont risk chip cpu prototype
Motherboard custom ibm x5 solid state carbon mainboard
Cooling industrial technologies prototype dupont custom heat transfer unit
Memory 6x 2gig prototype ecc hnc ddr4
Video Card(s) prototype low energy version nvidia 9 series unnumberd card
Storage 1tb solid state hdd
Display(s) 44 inch samsung plasma screen tv/monitor
Case custom ibm mobile home server case
Audio Device(s) custom Yamaha sound processing processor in spm format
Power Supply 1200watt deli cord custom made dupont type psu
Software sun unix/windows type v
If you add the Wii's virtual library the Wii wins for my money although the console i would most likely purchase is a ps3.

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Cooling Zalman 9700
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
i havnt had a problem at all with those games, but maybe others have. i wouldnt be surprised tho.

There are Youtube videos comparing games in splitscreen for the two systems, and even with the poor video quality some of the things are quite noticable. Madden has 30 FPS on PS3 compared to 60 on the 360, if you don't see the game played on 360 you wouldn't notice it and the PS3 would probably be fine, but if you do watch both the 360 is better. AGAIN...bad port, not the PS3s fault, but facts are facts. I own both systems, so I guess I'm a both fanboy.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
wtf are you talking about?

and i can do anything with linux on my ps3, so i dont see your point.

eh

play CSS on it, i dare you :p

techniclly you can with Wine, but i tried that once, it gets about 20FPS

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Cooling Zalman 9700
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M