1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which monitor should I get?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by madswimmer, Dec 12, 2010.

1. madswimmer

madswimmer New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    107 (0.04/day)
    Thanks Received:
  2. remixedcat

May 13, 2010
    4,087 (1.73/day)
    Thanks Received:
    I have an Acer 19 inch widescreen LCD (Not in use now though) and the backlight is screwy. They go bad kinda quick. Mine lasted 3 years. (yes it died a month after the extended warranty) Plus the colors were not all that great.

I would say the Samsung might be your best bet. They generally are better.

I currently have a Samsung SyncMaster P2350 (1920x1080 23 inch) and a LG Flatron W1952TQ (1440x900 19 inch) being used on my setup. Both are great. Had the LG for lil over 2 years. I like both.
  3. Arel3 New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    39 (0.02/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Monitors are monitors, madswimmer. Someone can tell you *this* one is the best you can get, and another person will advise you that it's junk. What it comes down to when deciding on which one you're going to get is up to you. The best advice I think anyone can give you is to:

- Go with the one you like best that fulfills your wants and needs.
    - Make sure it has a FULL service factory replacement warranty and service guarantee with no small writing that would hinder you from getting it replaced if something does happen.

I have 6 monitors surrounding me of all different types, models, manufacturers, and sizes. My favorite is a Westinghouse 32". I like it best because it's got inputs after inputs after inputs and more inputs, it's actually an HD TV but I use it mainly as a monitor. I also like my Westinghouse the best because I bought it at a Target store which offered an extra service warranty I can renew for a decent cost which allows me to have a full warranty/replacement and service guarantee on it for up to 8 years (with extensions).

If I were shopping for another, or new one, what I would do is get another HD TV with yellow spectrum. The picture quality on those things are amazing. Don't limit yourself to a monitor...especially if your a gamer, programmer, or graphics artist or enjoy doing things with your pc like watching movies...etc. Get something you'll enjoy that comes with a warranty that will help the thing last a while for you. In my opinion having a monitor that will survive the times is the most important thing to look for when shopping for one.