1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who makes the best memory??

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Exeodus, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Exeodus

Exeodus

Thanks Received:
    I am thinking about upgrading my ddr2 memory. I have always used Corsair, but I am looking to broaden my horizons. I am looking for no less than ddr2 800, no less than 4-4-4-12 timings if
    possible.

Any suggestions would be helpful. :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Go for OCZ mate.. I swear by them and they are quite competitively priced... the customer service is A1 too...

They have some nice 2 gig kits out there for around 170US... try the gold xtc or the platinum EL etc...

I used to use corsair myself until I heard of these guys, IMO they are better and cheaper..

3. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    It's pretty much a matter of preference... I have 2 uncles... One is Intel/nVidia and the other AMD/ATi but they can both agree on Crucial's RAM, heh.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. anticlutch

anticlutch

Thanks Received:
    Mushkin... I would go for those if I didn't have my Corsair XMS's :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Check out G.Skill as well. Look at my system specs. My G.Skill will do 4-4-3-5 @ 940MHz on 2.15v. It's priced really good as well. I've also had them up to 5-5-5-15 @ 1100MHz with 2.3v.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.us.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php?webid=invasion2007
    scroll doen halfway to the memory deals.

the Black Gskills, muskinxp 8500, ocz reaper 6400 (heatpipes=neat) those use micro d9 chips and are 3 great brands. oh and patriot is nice too I see they have those on sale too not sure what chips they use but they should oc very nice too.

honestlyly though if I was you I would get the muskin 8500 and tighten up the timings for ddr900 or the way cool very nice new ocz reapers if you dont mind paying a few more bucks.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Athlon2K15

Athlon2K15 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    all mwemory is the same u just pay for the brand...most of it is either samsung or infineon,or hynix

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. d44ve New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just picked up OCZ PC8500 "SLI" memory and I love it!

I would defenatly recomend it if you can get it.

I paid 170 for 2 gb

9. larrymoencurly

larrymoencurly

Thanks Received:
    But some memory isn't marked with it's manufacturer's part number because it apparently failed testing and was dumped on the wholesale market as UTT -- UnTesTed. Almost all budget modules I've bought under brands like PNY, Mushkin, K-byte, and Corsair has had UTT chips, and I've had lots of failures with Mushkin and K-byte but none so far with PNY or Corsair. Then there's Kingston, which denied ever using UTT chips but instead buys whole silicon wafers and cuts them up and packages and grades the resulting individual chips themselves. Most of the Kingston PC3200 modules I've tried have failed.

OTOH all of my modules containing branded chips have worked fine, except for a CompUSA/PNY brand 64MB PC100/133 one with blobs of solder on some of its gold contacts.

This is why I don't trust memory and test it for a couple of days before putting it to regular use.