1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Discussion in 'TPU Frontpage Polls' started by W1zzard, Oct 1, 2008.

?

Who'll be the better president?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2008.
  1. Barack Obama

1,290 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. John McCain

333 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. But I want George W. Bush

177 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Don't care

429 vote(s)
    19.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What's sad, is the 19% of people who voted they don't care. Those people should not complain EVER about what our government does or doesn't do.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    night Pauly, Bob etc....

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    I cannot believe the GW votes I thought that would be lower (I'm gonna get it for sure on this one) I actually like him.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    This election is really hard for me. I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal. I may have been more on the fence toward McCain, but Palin scares the hell out of me. She is ultra conservative.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    nite Tom

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    I don't think so shes just a devoted Christian thats not scary. I also like Joe Biden hes been a very good senator and American. I don't agree with him on many things but hes the best choice of these jokers and Mccains not a conservative at all hes just goofy. Although his wife is hot for a old broad and I give him credit for that. I would hit that cougar if ya know what I mean.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    That's where I sit.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    "Devoted Christian" can be a slippery slope when you mix it with politicians.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Its not about right and wrong. Its about using respectable sources. Think academic, I know it has been a while since college, but these sources still exist. AP and Reuters to name a few. They are known to be completely unbiased and free. ;)

I think we see why you got banned in the first place. With all this finger pointing and rhetoric only trying to discredit me to serve your needs for self satisfaction and close-mindedness.

I didn't come here to roll in the mud. I came here for an honest debate. I wish you and your buddies were capable of doing so.

The first one to lose in an uncivilized debate is the one that stops yelling first. I refuse to start yelling, to prevent from lowering the bar on this debate even further than you have forced it.

Ask any Academic institution, youtube.com is not a valid source, and neither is Fox News. Unless you ask Liberty University maybe.

10. mlupple

mlupple New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, but all of you libertarians are choosing the Social issues over the issues that are much more important.

You can't protect your social issues without a government-free market, and a military. You're a real femme kinda guy if you're going to insure gays have the right to marry and a woman has the right to kill her own child over a prosperous and government-independent country.

11. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    The colleges almost excusively have a liberal slant big time.

I got banned for deleting my post not retoric.

Reason: please dont delete your own posts 09-12-2008 06:18 PM by W1zzard 25 / Expired

thats was not very nice at all to say that DaedalusHelios

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
    10 Year Member at TPU
  12. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    AP and Rueters aren't unbiased sources either. :confused:

Where you get that idea is completely beyond me. Like I said previously, if you believe ANY media outlet is unbiased, you are brainwashed.

And trt is right about colleges, most all of them are liberal slanted. The ones that aren't, generally openly claim to be conservative.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    D, please bring it down a notch, ok? Let's all keep this civil.

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. mlupple

mlupple New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got this in an e-mail.

Sarah Palin’s Guide to Finding Out if You are Gay:

1. If you are over forty, and you have a washboard stomach, you are gay because God never meant for men to look good after 40. It means you haven't sucked back enough beer with the boys and have spent the rest of your free time doing sit-ups, aerobics, and doing the Oprah diet.

2. If you have a cat, you are a Flaming homo. A cat is like a dog, but gay. It grooms itself constantly but never scratches itself, has a delicate touch except when it uses its nails, and whines to be fed. And just think about how you call a dog...'Killer, come here! I said get your ass over here, Killer!' Now think about how you call a cat...'Bun-bun, come to daddy, snookums!' (You're fit to be framed, you're so gay).

3. If you suck on lollipops, Ring-Pops, baby pacifiers, or any such nonsense, rest assured, you are a Gaylord. A straight man only sucks on BBQ ribs, crab claws, moose shanks, raw oysters, crawfish guts, pickled pigs feet, or tits. Anything else and you are in training and, no question, undeniably gay.

4. If you refuse to take a dump in a public bathroom or piss in a parking lot, you crave a deep homosexual relationship. In the Bible is says: “A man's world is his bathroom; he defecates and urinates wherever he pleases just as God had ordained it...”

5. If you drink anything other than regular coffee, you're gay. A straight man will never be heard ordering a 'Decaf Soy Latte'. If you've put a Decaf Soy Latte to your lips, you've had a man there, obviously, too. You might as well have a penis in your mouth. If you wear a Bluetooth headset at Starbucks, you have a penis in your ass too.

6. If you know more than six names of non standard colors or four different types of dessert other than ice cream and pie, you might as well be handing out free ass passes. A real man doesn't have memory space in his brain to remember all of that crap. He is too busy being a real man by trying to secede from the United States.

7. If you can pick out chartreuse (unless its on a fishing lure) or you know what a 'fressier' is you're gay. And if you can name ANY TYPE of textile other than cotton or denim, you are faggadocious.

8. If you drive with both hands on the wheel, forget it, you're dying to tune a meat whistle. A man only puts both hands on the wheel to honk at a slow-ass driver or to cut the jerk off? The rest of the time he needs that hand to change the radio station, eat a mooseburger, or hold his beer.

9. If you do not send this off to all the femmy males on your e-mail list because you are afraid of hurting their feelings then, face it, you are definitely on the verge on being a fudgepacker.

15. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Are there any unbiased sources in the media left today. Unfortunately unbiased media has become a thing of utopia (impossible).

mlupple says thanks.
  16. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have to agree here. AP and Rueter's are at least slightly to the left, but not as far as fox news is to the right.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    or as CNN ABC and NBC are to the left.

Bigjohn says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  19. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Agreed 100% :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    It passed that, pages ago.

21. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    and you just flame baited me wow!!! and your complaining wow!!!! I will let that ban comment go

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. oli_ramsay

oli_ramsay

Thanks Received:
    Only the BBC

23. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Not even them my friend.

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    your kidding right the BBC is crazy liberal bias and I love the BBC but their Iraq coverage was hardly fair and balanced.

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    OK guys. So, if you are decided on a condidate, WHY are you voting for them?

10 Year Member at TPU