• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
@ trt... Obama doesnt hate white people, cmon :wtf:.... Even if he did, what would he do?... pass a anti-white people law through the predominantly white house?

iiiiii dont think so.

look up Lewis Farrakan who Obaman has said he admires and then listen to the preachers, who he was in fellow ship with in his church for 20 years, which preach white hate. Tell me hes not a racist and imagine if John Mcain went to a church that spoke about black people like that. Comon man do some research. Farakan calls white people subhumans and demons. Heck he guarded Rev Wright during the mess where Wright said all that racist stuff and Wright baptised Obamas children and in his book Obama list him as his spiritual mentor?

here is a Quote from Lewis Obamas friend Louis Farrakhan made several controversial statements about race, including "White people are potential humans — they haven't evolved yet" in March 2000. [32]. In full context, Farrakhan further expounded by saying, "If you look at the human family -- now, I'm talking about black, brown, red, yellow and white -- we all seem to be frozen on a subhuman level of existence. In Islam and, I believe, in Christian theology and Jewish theology as well, there are three stages of human development. The first stage is called the animalistic stage of development. But when we submit to animal passions, then we can do evil things to one another in that animalistic stage of development. But when moral consciousness comes and we have a self-accusing spirit, it is then that we become human beings. Right now, we have the potential for humanity, but we have not reached that potential, because we are functioning on the animalistic plane of existence." [37]

Farrakhan has referred to Jews, Koreans, and Vietnamese who bought up property in poor black neighborhoods as "bloodsuckers" and maintains that "Murder and lying comes easy for white
people."[46]

OBama now says Farrakans no friend of his yet his wife traveled with Lewis to Jessie, I will cutt Obamas balls off Jacksons, Rainbow push national meeting

Or how about this guy who B.O sits on the board of directors of his company and is as known terrorist from the 60's and donated thousand to Obamas campain, great friends Obama has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
@ trt... Obama doesnt hate white people, cmon :wtf:.... Even if he did, what would he do?... pass a anti-white people law through the predominantly white house?

iiiiii dont think so.
No, but passing a large amount of very pro-minority laws would have the same effect, and not be as easy to counter. ;)

FatForester

Processor Intel e2180 2.0ghz @ 2.8ghz w/ stock volts
Motherboard ASUS P5K-e Wifi-AP
Cooling Zalman 9500 w/ AS5
Memory G.Skill Black PI's DDR2 @ 896MHz 4-4-4-12 1.9v
Video Card(s) EVGA 8800GT w/ Zalman VF-900
Storage 2x Crucial C300 64GB, Samsung F3 2TB & 1TB, F1 1TB & 750GB
Display(s) ASUS VW246H 24" 16:9
Case Ultra / Chieftec Black Tower
Audio Device(s) X-fi XtremeMusic -> Z-5300e's
Power Supply PCP&C 610 Silencer
Software Windows 7 x64
I don't know about you guys, but I feel violated now that the one place I can come to keep my sanity is talking about politics... on the front page. Political discussions should stay in GN, it's not like politics isn't already getting enough news coverage.

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
To sum it up in as few words as possible. I think obama is book smart and biden is street smart. I think mccain is street smart and palin is book smart. I would much rather have a street smart president then a book smart one. The vp can be eiter smart imo, as they will (should be) learning on the job, if there arse is needed for the seat.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
this is what Obamas spiritual mentor Rev. Wright says about Lewis

The topic comes up in reference to a Richard Cohen editorially saying that Obama needs to forcefully condemn his pastor and spiritual adviser, Dr. Jeremiah Wright, Jr., for giving an award in his magazine to Rev. Farrakhan. As David Bernstein points out, the praise was not in passing or even limited to the arguably positive elements of Farrakhan's agenda; rather, it was quite comprehensive and universal. And Dr. Wright, for his part, is no minor player in Obama's life -- indeed, Obama himself has continually stressed his pastor's role in his personal faith journey and his religious and political commitments.
So while there might be a little Kevin Bacon going on here, I don't think Obama necessarily deserves a pass. For one, while some folks are trying to stretch the chain of connection Obama (as Steve Benen put it, "Obama has a personal 'obligation to speak out' ... because his church’s pastor’s daughter’s magazine said something complementary about Farrakhan."), the link really isn't all that attenuated: Wright himself directly complimented Farrakhan in the following words:
“When Minister Farrakhan speaks, Black America listens,” says the Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, likening the Minister’s influence to the E. F. Hutton commercials of old. “Everybody may not agree with him, but they listen…His depth on analysis when it comes to the racial ills of this nation is astounding and eye opening. He brings a perspective that is helpful and honest.

“Minister Farrakhan will be remembered as one of the 20th and 21st century giants of the African American religious experience,” continues Wright. “His integrity and honesty have secured him a place in history as one of the nation’s most powerful critics. His love for Africa and African American people has made him an unforgettable force, a catalyst for change and a religious leader who is sincere
about his faith and his purpose.”

And again, Wright is not just Obama's pastor, he's a key member of Obama's circle.

Remember your friends and people you admire say alot about you. Can you imagine if GW or John Mccain ever hung out with anyone like this what we would say and we are gonna elect this Jackass.

Last edited:

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
Man, all the post in this thread are, idk the best word, unique, in their own way.

PROPS 2 W1ZZARD for this most excellent site, that he can ask such questions and not have to worry about the mods beating him down with the ban stick. :toast:

To many opinions for me to try to comprehend at this time. Now if you all will excuse me, I am off to play some CoD4 MP and then watch Lipstick Jungle. :D

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I don't know about you guys, but I feel violated now that the one place I can come to keep my sanity is talking about politics... on the front page. Political discussions should stay in GN, it's not like politics isn't already getting enough news coverage.

Everyone who comes and joins TPU has at least one thing in common. Technology.
Whether that be hardware or software or whatever.

However, the same people also bring along their political/religious/moral/ethical beliefs as they a person caonnot seperate themselves from that, as it makes up who they are.

We want that diversity in members, for it creates good debate and conversation on many topics that are tech related or not.

I do believe that all things non-technical should be sent to GN.

However, think for a moment on a front page poll about a political/current event.
People are complex and they want to have their say. Would more people join the ranks of TPU to expound on their views of a poll? Would more people simply view TPU for the polls, even it they did not join?
Would these people see the ads that help W1zz keep this site going?

My suggestions is this. Poll on whatever you want, but either put the thread in GN or don't link to a discussion at all.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
How much the world changes in 12 hours (of router failure).

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I think W1zzard played a cruel joke on you bta. (You being the moderator in the News section) :p

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
I think W1zzard played a cruel joke on you bta. (You being the moderator in the News section) :p

yeah...some router firmware hack.

moar polls...moar content...a more potent infection of TPUitis. Because moar! You will have more interesting polls in the days to come. :toast:

As for political discussions, we've just started off. From elections...to favourite drink...snack...plants...eventually favourite GPU. What a way to keep people posting. :)

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
Remember your friends and people you admire say alot about you. Can you imagine if GW or John Mccain ever hung out with anyone like this what we would say and we are gonna elect this Jackass.

Not as much as what your own actions say about you. One can admire qualities in another while completely disagreeing with them about other things. And I have many friends who I wouldn't exactly call on to carry on my beliefs. Obama himself to my knowledge has never said anything to indicate he himself is racist (if I am wrong let me know, I'd rather you quote his words than those he associates with). This seems to be a media-hyped frenzy you are drawing conclusions from, a faulty if not dangerous path.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Obama himself to my knowledge has never said anything to indicate he himself is racist (if I am wrong let me know, I'd rather you quote his words than those he associates with).

Actions speak louder than words. 20 yrs relationship with Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr, that's an action.
I went to the church in Chicago (2.5 hr drive) and saw the famous DVD's on sale at the front desk.The ones where he shows his hate. As I started to take my phone out to take a quick picture, I was asked by 2 large men, what I was doing. I really did not feel like I was in a place of worship, more like a place of hate.
That, and just the fact he took so much money from the Freddy/Fanny people, are the only real problem's I have with the man.Oh and the guy that was the head of his VP pick was also corrupt with the one of the guilty lending institutions,...and he is from Chicago and Chicago's politics are just bad news,...and the fact that...WAIT..I better stop.

I wish Ron Paul would have gotten a fair shake.:ohwell:

@proletariandan- Where's Nader? Obama is almost as big of a douchebag as McCain.:laugh:

Barr is running on the Libertarian Party ticket and asked Paul to be his running mate, which I believe he turned down. Nader is a better choice IMO but Obama/McCain are hopeless...

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Barr is running on the Libertarian Party ticket and asked Paul to be his running mate, which I believe he turned down. Nader is a better choice IMO but Obama/McCain are hopeless...

No kidding,...the next 4 years should be riveting.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
Actions speak louder than words. 20 yrs relationship with Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr, that's an action.
I went to the church in Chicago (2.5 hr drive) and saw the famous DVD's on sale at the front desk.The ones where he shows his hate. As I started to take my phone out to take a quick picture, I was asked by 2 large men, what I was doing. I really did not feel like I was in a place of worship, more like a place of hate.
That, and just the fact he took so much money from the Freddy/Fanny people, are the only real problem's I have with the man.Oh and the guy that was the head of his VP pick was also corrupt with the one of the guilty lending institutions,...and he is from Chicago and Chicago's politics are just bad news,...and the fact that...WAIT..I better stop.

Ron Paul never could make it b/c he just isn't "political" enough. He doesn't try desperately to appease party members and everybody in the US (or at least those that can vote for him), and therefore never really had a shot at office. I'm still pretty convinced our "democracy" is mostly a sham anyway (I know, I'm a conspiracy theorist :laugh:), capitalism (and the greatness and evils it produces) is by far the driving force of this nation, we just like to think we have a choice. Really, I don't have the faintest clue who would do better in office (I don't think it really matters too much), I'm not even entirely sure why gas costs $4/gallon or the stop light by my house has such a ridiculously short cycle, or why I can't buy beer on Sunday, I just hear a lot of people blabbing about this and that and we need to do this and that and I'm just planning my island get-away, it's too far gone for me to really have any objective reasoning on the matter. :shadedshu

I think mccain is street smart and palin is book smart. I would much rather have a street smart president then a book smart one. The vp can be eiter smart imo, as they will (should be) learning on the job, if there arse is needed for the seat.

:banghead:

PS. Are there still people out there dumb enough to believe Obama is a Black Panther or something? Obama is an asshole, but he's no radical; he's controlled by the same corporate interests that control the Democratic Party that control McCain that control the Republican Party. Please take off your tinfoil hat and ease up on the Rush Limbaugh.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10

btarunr

Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Software Windows 11 Pro
Please, cool down. We can discuss things without high tempers. :)

Ron Paul never could make it b/c he just isn't "political" enough. He doesn't try desperately to appease party members and everybody in the US (or at least those that can vote for him), and therefore never really had a shot at office. I'm still pretty convinced our "democracy" is mostly a sham anyway (I know, I'm a conspiracy theorist :laugh:), capitalism (and the greatness and evils it produces) is by far the driving force of this nation, we just like to think we have a choice. Really, I don't have the faintest clue who would do better in office, I'm not even entirely sure why gas costs $4/gallon, I just hear a lot of people blabbing about this and that and we need to do this and that and I'm just planning my island get-away, it's too far gone for me to really have any objective reasoning on the matter. :shadedshu

Our 'democracy' is too stifled by ignorance, apathy, the two-party dictatorship, and business interests to merit the name. Sure, we vote, and there are a few of us that understand how the system really works and think for ourselves, but most people just turn on the corporate news and debates and think they're in a democracy because they get to 'choose' between the Democrats and the Republicans. Its not a horrible country by any means, at least not for those of us lucky enough to have a job and health insurance, but lets see what happens when the more reckless capitalists run us even further into the ground.

Processor E5-1680 V2
Motherboard Rampage IV black
Video Card(s) Asrock 7900 xtx
Storage 500 gb sd
Software windows 10 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 29,433 3dmark06 score
:banghead:

PS. Are there still people out there dumb enough to believe Obama is a Black Panther or something? Obama is an asshole, but he's no radical; he's controlled by the same corporate interests that control the Democratic Party that control McCain that control the Republican Party. Please take off your tinfoil hat and ease up on the Rush Limbaugh.

?? the quote you quoted says nothing of Obama being a black panther, nothing of being a radical, and certainly has nothing even resembling Rush Limbaugh in it, it sounds like some weird street smarts vs. book smarts argument in very simple form, how the hell do you even get all that anti-Obama pro Republican stuff from it??? lol, I must speak and write something other than English if it says anything nearing what you imply it does...

Nkd

OBAMA, for me I just can't vote for an angry guy, I saw Mccain's interview today with a conservative reporter, he looked pretty damn mad like he wanted to punch the reporter, I just can't have him on the button, he really needs to control his anger if he ever wants to get my vote in the next month, but I really don't think that is happening because my vote is better with OBAMA right now.

the truth is all politicians lie, and I would vote for the one that lies the least?

?? the quote you quoted says nothing of Obama being a black panther, nothing of being a radical, and certainly has nothing even resembling Rush Limbaugh in it, it sounds like some weird street smarts vs. book smarts argument in very simple form, how the hell do you even get all that anti-Obama pro Republican stuff from it??? lol, I must speak and write something other than English if it says anything nearing what you imply it does...

I was referring to this 'Manchurian Candidate' bullshit, which is usually a cover for an equally indefensible but less scrupulous reason for disliking Obama.

look up Lewis Farrakan who Obaman has said he admires and then listen to the preachers, who he was in fellow ship with in his church for 20 years, which preach white hate. Tell me hes not a racist and imagine if John Mcain went to a church that spoke about black people like that. Comon man do some research. Farakan calls white people subhumans and demons. Heck he guarded Rev Wright during the mess where Wright said all that racist stuff and Wright baptised Obamas children and in his book Obama list him as his spiritual mentor?

here is a Quote from Lewis Obamas friend Louis Farrakhan made several controversial statements about race, including "White people are potential humans — they haven't evolved yet" in March 2000. [32]. In full context, Farrakhan further expounded by saying, "If you look at the human family -- now, I'm talking about black, brown, red, yellow and white -- we all seem to be frozen on a subhuman level of existence. In Islam and, I believe, in Christian theology and Jewish theology as well, there are three stages of human development. The first stage is called the animalistic stage of development. But when we submit to animal passions, then we can do evil things to one another in that animalistic stage of development. But when moral consciousness comes and we have a self-accusing spirit, it is then that we become human beings. Right now, we have the potential for humanity, but we have not reached that potential, because we are functioning on the animalistic plane of existence." [37]

Farrakhan has referred to Jews, Koreans, and Vietnamese who bought up property in poor black neighborhoods as "bloodsuckers" and maintains that "Murder and lying comes easy for white
people."[46]

OBama now says Farrakans no friend of his yet his wife traveled with Lewis to Jessie, I will cutt Obamas balls off Jacksons, Rainbow push national meeting

Or how about this guy who B.O sits on the board of directors of his company and is as known terrorist from the 60's and donated thousand to Obamas campain, great friends Obama has http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

Status
Not open for further replies.