• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
I give as much support to my argument as you are. Try reading the post and stop getting distracted by the pretty pictures, and you might notice.

me you don't even understand how the US government works, as shown by some of your nonsensical post.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
me you don't even understand how the US government works, as shown by some of your nonsensical post.

And you do?

All you did was bring up the fact that "The FBI watches the CIA(executive branch) and the US Marshal (Judicial branch) watch them and the Secret Service(Dep of Treasury) watches the other four etc."

Well, since some here seem to be advocating that lawsuits being filed against you are practically an admission of guilt, I'd think that the many lawsuits currently being filed against pretty much all of these organizations pretty much erase any credence they had in regards to avoiding corruption, right?

Here's just one example: http://www.eff.org/cases/jewel

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Agrees.

A court case is a court case. The very same stuff which made Roe vs. Wade. They have the power to rule his candidacy as unconstituational on the grounds that he is not a "natural-born citizen."

Let me ask you this: What if he was not born on USA soil and becomes President? That would make Bush like a saint by comparison. If he had nothing to hide, the case would have been settled out of court...

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Agrees.

A court case is a court case. The very same stuff which made Roe vs. Wade. They have the power to rule his candidacy as unconstituational on the grounds that he is not a "natural-born citizen."

Let me ask you this: What if he was not born on USA soil and becomes President? That would make Bush like a saint by comparison. If he had nothing to hide, the case would have been settled out of court...

Uh... please don't bring up the "have nothing to hide" fallacy. It's been thoroughly debunked time and time again as a tool of slander -- I'd advise you to read a paper by Professor Daniel Solove of the San Diego Law Review for a really good description of this.

'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy

As for the lawsuit -- until a judge throws it out (and they will), it's just a case brought up by a potential crackpot, and at worst, a concerted attempt by the RNC to distract people from true issues.

And please don't accuse me of not knowing how the law works -- yes, a lawsuit is powerful, AFTER A VERDICT HAS BEEN FOUND. Until then, no.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Uh... please don't bring up the "have nothing to hide" fallacy. It's been thoroughly debunked time and time again as a tool of slander -- I'd advise you to read a paper by Professor Daniel Solove of the San Diego Law Review for a really good description of this.

'I've Got Nothing to Hide' and Other Misunderstandings of Privacy
This has absolutely nothing to do with privacy.

...and at worst, a concerted attempt by the RNC to distract people from true issues.
Berg has no ties to the Republican party. He does have ties to the Democratic party. I already said that.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Berg has no ties to the Republican party. He does have ties to the Democratic party. I already said that.

In case you didn't notice... there's quite a few members of the Democratic party that are upset with Obama's nomination. Unless you missed the whole Hillary vs Obama thing.

It's part of the reason why Sarah Palin was tapped as a VP -- to attract those Democratic women and men upset over Hillary's loss. It's sad that they're actually willing to hurt their own party's chances at winning over the loss of their particularly nominee.

By the way, make sure that if you don't read anything else, read section II of that paper I linked, "The 'Nothing to Hide' Argument."

This has absolutely nothing to do with privacy.

Like I said, it does since you brought up the "have nothing to hide" fallacy.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
In case you didn't notice... there's quite a few members of the Democratic party that are upset with Obama's nomination. Unless you missed the whole Hillary vs Obama thing.
Nice attempt to spin. You said the RNC was involved and it isn't. And yeah, that lawsuit is just another sign at how upset the Democratic party is--yet another reason not to trust the polls.

It's part of the reason why Sarah Palin was tapped as a VP -- to attract those Democratic women and men upset over Hillary's loss. It's sad that they're actually willing to hurt their own party's chances at winning over the loss of their particularly nominee.
Only McCain knows why he picked her. He has said time and time again that she was chosen because she fought corruption. There's no way to support any other "reason."

Like I said, it does since you brought up the "have nothing to hide" fallacy.
No, it doesn't. A lot of the information required to shut down the case is public domain (birth records in Kenya, citizenship in Indonesia, Indonesian law in regards to citizenships, etc.); however, most countries keep a tight lock on birth records so Obama would have willingly produce records that prove arguments either way.

Seriously, if Obama doesn't get on top of this, he is likely to get Swift-Boated. The best way to answer controversy is not to ignore it but to confront it.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Nice attempt to spin. You said the RNC was involved and it isn't. And yeah, that lawsuit is just another sign at how upset the Democratic party is--yet another reason not to trust the polls.

I wouldn't doubt that these disenfranchised former Democrats were working with the RNC. I'd be more surprised if they weren't.

Only McCain knows why he picked her. He has said time and time again that she was chosen because she fought corruption. There's no way to support any other "reason."

That's why he picked her? Sarah "Ethics Violations" Palin? Funny, looks to me like the reasons were far more simple.

No, it doesn't. A lot of the information required to shut down the case is public domain (birth records in Kenya, citizenship in Indonesia, Indonesian law in regards to citizenships, etc.); however, most countries keep a tight lock on birth records so Obama would have willingly produce records that prove arguments either way.

Seriously, if Obama doesn't get on top of this, he is likely to get Swift-Boated. The best way to answer controversy is not to ignore it but to confront it.

Did Bush respond in a timely manner in '04 to the bogus claims brought up about him going AWOL? I'm sure he did eventually (after winning), of course.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
The buzz now is, he left the mainland USA to fix his birth record, not visit his sick grandma in Hawaii.:confused:

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
The buzz now is, he left the mainland USA to fix his birth record, not visit his sick grandma in Hawaii.:confused:

The "buzz," like always, is a moron. If nefarious schemes are going down, it would make more sense for Obama to be somewhere else.

The man can't even visit his sick grandmother without Obama-haters twisting it around. :shadedshu

I seriously can't wait until this election is over. It's beyond a circus now. Here it basically is, summed-up:

Attachments

• duperando1.jpg
    duperando1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 392

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
That's why he picked her? Sarah "Ethics Violations" Palin? Funny, looks to me like the reasons were far more simple.
McCain knew about that when she was vetted and someone apparently convinced him it was no big deal. Anyway, the trial/investigation isn't over.

Did Bush respond in a timely manner in '04 to the bogus claims brought up about him going AWOL? I'm sure he did eventually (after winning), of course.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A7372-2004Feb2?language=printer

There was a period where he was lost in translation from one location to another but he was never concidered AWOL.

Here it basically is, summed-up:

Just to let you know, I don't even look at your partisian comics anymore.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
McCain knew about that when she was vetted and someone apparently convinced him it was no big deal. Anyway, the trial/investigation isn't over.

Ah, but while the charges brought up against Obama make him unfit for office, the trial against Palin simply "isn't over" yet. Real unbiased stuff, there.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A7372-2004Feb2?language=printer

There was a period where he was lost in translation from one location to another but he was never concidered AWOL.

I never said I considered it true -- I asked if he had ever personally refuted it during the '04 campaign. Doesn't seem to be, according to the article, there's a quote from someone in his campaign and nothing more.

That's about as much as the Obama campaign has done with their official Fight The Smears website. Hell, I can even post a copy of his birth certificate here if you want:

There you go. If you're accusing that of being an outright forgery, you're no better than those who accuse Bush of directly causing 9/11 (also false).

Just to let you know, I don't even look at your partisian comics anymore.
Shoulda looked at that one -- wasn't partisan at all.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Ah, but while the charges brought up against Obama make him unfit for office, the trial against Palin simply "isn't over" yet. Real unbiased stuff, there.
One deals with ethics law, the other deals with the Constitution. I'm not one to judge how either will end.

I never said I considered it true -- I asked if he had ever personally refuted it during the '04 campaign. Doesn't seem to be, according to the article, there's a quote from someone in his campaign and nothing more.
Of course. If Bush talked about it publicly, it would have taken him off message. Obama is doing the exact same thing now.

That's about as much as the Obama campaign has done with their official Fight The Smears website.
The problem isn't his birth certificate here--the problem is those abroad conflicting with what is here. For instance, if the trial proves he has more than one birth certificate (USA and Kenya), there is obviously something fishy with one or both.

Shoulda looked at that one -- wasn't partisan at all.
Oh, please. Half of McCain's face sags because the doctor removing the cancer back in 2002 was very liberal to make sure he got it all. "Old" in regards to a person is always discriminatory. Nothing but praises for Obama (and no, he doesn't "smile a lot"). The comments on Palin focus on her appearance and has a completely unrelated "mommy" in there--also discriminatory. Biden: "old" again (discriminatory) and "creepy" (discriminatory). Frankly, it's pathetic that you believe it is relevant to the discussion. I don't care for cartoon smears. Never have and never will. I have yet to find a single political comic "funny" regardless of who it is about (Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Clinton, Bush, etc.).

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
The problem isn't his birth certificate here--the problem is those abroad conflicting with what is here. For instance, if the trial proves he has more than one birth certificate (USA and Kenya), there is obviously something fishy with one or both.

Well, since even you won't dare say that his US birth certificate is a forgery, I'd say this matter is finished.

Other countries don't have near the expertise and professionalism that the US does in handling paperwork, so it's not surprising that other birth certificates could say other things -- if they even exist, which no one's proven that they do, and until one pops up... :rolleyes:

And if you can't find the humor in that comic, trust me -- others will. :laugh: Not everyone has a funnybone, I guess.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Well, since even you won't dare say that his US birth certificate is a forgery, I'd say this matter is finished.
Why would I say the US birth certificate is forged? That isn't the primary issue of the trial. It is an official government document, after all. The star witness is Obama's grandmother saying she was present, in Kenya, for Obama's birth...

Other countries don't have near the expertise and professionalism that the US does in handling paperwork, so it's not surprising that other birth certificates could say other things -- if they even exist, which no one's proven that they do, and until one pops up... :rolleyes:
There should be no reason more than one exists. That alone raises serious supsicion due to the fact that people can't be in two places at the sametime, let alone born twice.

Obama would have to submit the requests for release of other birth certificates--either that or a subpeana which would be difficult to enforce in a different nation. This is why we have a judicial system. It most likely will end up in the Supreme Court (because it involves other nations) next year and who knows when they will reach a decision.

Not everyone has a funnybone, I guess.
I do, but not for politics.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Why would I say the US birth certificate is forged? That isn't the primary issue of the trial. It is an official government document, after all. The star witness is Obama's grandmother saying she was present, in Kenya, for Obama's birth...

Sources please, or I'll bring up that John McCain once called his wife Cindy a "cunt." That might not be true, either, so I won't look for a source... yet. But if you're going to attribute words to someone, at least provide an interview.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Sources please, or I'll bring up that John McCain once called his wife Cindy a "cunt." That might not be true, either, so I won't look for a source... yet. But if you're going to attribute words to someone, at least provide an interview.
Note the dates (only a week or two ago): http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081013084158AA4VTeK

There's really no sense discussing this topic until after it is over with... Law prevents them from saying too much until then.

What Berg is arguing is that the "Fight the Smears" birth certificate is inconsistent with what is on actual government record (making it a forgery). Again--few details because the case is in the works.

Essentially, those 87 points are what the trial will actively pursue. Most probably aren't correct; however, only one or two need to be correct to make his bid for the White House unconstitutional.

Maybe it does turn out to be nothing. I really don't care either way.

and Thanks so much for calling me a troll, mdm-adph. Just because your emotional "weeee should take care of everyone... those rich people don't neeeeeed that money" socialist demagoguery can't fight the logic and fact of my argument does not make me a troll.

I don't care if Obama was born in hawaii, or on fargin MARS... his politics are fueled by class warfare assaults on the rich and promises to give things to people who'll vote for him. And he claims to be a constitutional lawyer? Geeeez. It's illegal to for one citizen to give another any consideration (money, cars, etc) in exchange for their vote, yet politicians buy them with policy on a daily basis.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Note the dates (only a week or two ago): http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081013084158AA4VTeK

There's really no sense discussing this topic until after it is over with... Law prevents them from saying too much until then.

What Berg is arguing is that the "Fight the Smears" birth certificate is inconsistent with what is on actual government record (making it a forgery). Again--few details because the case is in the works.

Essentially, those 87 points are what the trial will actively pursue. Most probably aren't correct; however, only one or two need to be correct to make his bid for the White House unconstitutional.

Maybe it does turn out to be nothing. I really don't care either way.

I think the fact that the only evidence you could find was on an Israeli News page speaks volumes. :shadedshu (It's sad that some there have latched on to the whole "he's a secret muslim!" thing so seriously.)

Honestly -- think about it! If this rumor had any weight, the Drudge Report and Fox News both (two sites I frequently go to, if just to see what the more conservative side in America is thinking) would be all over it like flies on horseshit, and they're not saying a darn thing.

There's enough real issues for conservatives in the US not to vote for Obama (abortion, taxes, gun control) -- I don't know why so many people seem to talk about nothing but these completely baseless rumors.

and Thanks so much for calling me a troll, mdm-adph. Just because your emotional "weeee should take care of everyone... those rich people don't neeeeeed that money" socialist demagoguery can't fight the logic and fact of my argument does not make me a troll.

I don't care if Obama was born in hawaii, or on fargin MARS... his politics are fueled by class warfare assaults on the rich and promises to give things to people who'll vote for him. And he claims to be a constitutional lawyer? Geeeez. It's illegal to for one citizen to give another any consideration (money, cars, etc) in exchange for their vote, yet politicians buy them with policy on a daily basis.

:roll:

I commend you, good sir! :laugh:

Attacking Obama on the topic of taxes and wealth distribution -- even if I don't agree with it - is the first non-troll thing I've heard you say in a while. Welcome back to the land of rational discourse!

I give you my thanks for seeing that -- both here and in TPU's "Give this user thanks" counter.

Also, congratulations on using "demagoguery" quite correctly. :toast:

Perhaps you didn't notice my ORANGE squeeze picture? That's a wealthy obama supporter bowing at the alter!

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Perhaps you didn't notice my ORANGE squeeze picture? That's a wealthy obama supporter bowing at the alter!

I'll try and find the exact same picture, only featuring lemons, so that we can accurately represent McCain supporters, too. :D

EDIT: Oh, and by the way -- pretty much everything argued about here today was useless. Obama's mother is an American. By the US law of Jus sanguinis, he's an American citizen -- doesn't matter where he was born, on US soil or not.

Can't believe I forgot that until now. :shadedshu

Last edited:
System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
I'll try and find the exact same picture, only featuring lemons, so that we can accurately represent McCain supporters, too. :D

EDIT: Oh, and by the way -- pretty much everything argued about here today was useless. Obama's mother is an American. By the US law of Jus sanguinis, he's an American citizen -- doesn't matter where he was born, on US soil or not.

Can't believe I forgot that until now. :shadedshu

Exactly, and thats how people get dual citizenship.

If only Joe the (unlicensed) plumber, Joe Sixpack, and Hockey Moms could read that post. Then republican media would move on to the next smear.

Last edited:
System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Exactly, and thats how people get dual citizenship.

If only Joe the (unlicensed) plumber, Joe Sixpack, and Hockey Moms could read that post. Then republican media would move on to the next smear.

Tell me about it. I just wish I would have remembered earlier.

Ah, here's the next smear! :laugh:

SK-1, don't start a useless battle: Racist Obama Effigy Hung In Ohio (VIDEO)

McCain's supporters at work!?!? :confused::confused:

No, there's just crazies on all sides. Don't blame the candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.