• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammsteiner

Processor AMD Phenom X4 9850BE (DENEB, where art thou!?)
Motherboard DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R (waiting on 790FX/SB750)
Cooling TRUE
Memory 4x 1GB Transcend AxeRAM DDR1066 'D9GMH'
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 4870X2
Storage 2x WD 74GB Raptor + 3Ware 9650SE @ RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 245B
Case Silverstone TJ-10
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
Power Supply PP&C Quad Silencer 750W
It not your english skills it's your logic which makes zero sense. You can get offended if you like how would I know english is not your first language since you did not post where you are from in your profile and no need to make any points at all because your doing a fine job making yourself look foolish and intolerant.
Im intolerant? lol

Anyway, how would I know you were about the context of my posts? It's making pretty much a lot of sense. Good to know that my English is good enough:p

Also I posted at least twice Im from The Netherlands, so you could have known.

that part of your post is really ridiculous and it appears you know very little about the USA because it is by far the most tolerant country on earth politically racially and religiously.
Yes, if you forget about, what would it be, 30~40% of USA it's as tolerant as any western country (aka, not the most tolerant). But the other 30~40% is about as intolerant as the people in the Middle East living in the mountains. You're missing my point quite badly, if people call it 'The land of the free', then there shouldnt be such bad intolerance but yet especially in those states the intolerance is the worst.

Oh, btw, Im just as foolish for you as some pipes were mass destruction weapons anyway so your accusement has about zero value to me.

[and to say whats wrong with the pastor of a potential president of the USA being anti American? figure that one out yourself. Are you for real?
Spoken about intolerance. So you basicly pick your friends as long as their ideology and opinions are the same as yours?

Ive loads of friends. Foreign people dropping out of school and making a mess of their life, nationalistic people (and here I mean the underdog nazi's), more casual people, goth's for that matter. A lot of people who do have sometimes about the opposite opinion/idealogy of me. Some of them hate this country, some of them would kill for this country. Do I care? No, in the end we're just having fun. We dont have to discuss politics, religions, opinions etc on those levels anyway.

@BigJohn, Im sorry, I think something messed up in the quote then:banghead:. Ill edit it, thx for notifying. I did know I was replying to trt though but this way it seems like I wasnt;)

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Well who knows where you live and or what your back ground happens to be. I would say I would know alot more about this than you do and as for the shooting in the foot what nonsense is that. You can annonmously make statements about topic because you won't say were you reside and since the Police Department I worked for was on the cover of Life Magaizine as the number one Major Police Depatment in the world, I think I'm qualified to address this topic. Trying to be insulting just because you can is very unattractive, try to stick to facts and leave the personal attacks out of this. Besides the UK I believe law enforcement is the USA is the best there is . I'm not even sure why I just responded to that nonsense.

Your responded because you felt suddenly defensive and insecure. You felt defensive and insecure because you realize this is the internet and any "evidence" you give in the form of who you are or what you do is completely useless.

I could tell you I'm the bloody King of Spain, and without independently knowing the King of Spain, you have no way of knowing if it's true or not.

I'm sure you could be a great police officer who's department was on the cover of Life Magazine. Or you could be unemployed and stamp envelopes for a living. Who knows?

And my post was full of facts -- facts that you chose not to respond to. ;)

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
Im intolerant? lol

Anyway, how would I know you were about the context of my posts? It's making pretty much a lot of sense. Good to know that my English is good enough:p

Also I posted at least twice Im from The Netherlands, so you could have known.

Yes, if you forget about, what would it be, 30~40% of USA it's as tolerant as any western country (aka, not the most tolerant). But the other 30~40% is about as intolerant as the people in the Middle East living in the mountains. You're missing my point quite badly, if people call it 'The land of the free', then there shouldnt be such bad intolerance but yet especially in those states the intolerance is the worst.

Oh, btw, Im just as foolish for you as some pipes were mass destruction weapons anyway so your accusement has about zero value to me.

Spoken about intolerance. So you basicly pick your friends as long as their ideology and opinions are the same as yours?

Ive loads of friends. Foreign people dropping out of school and making a mess of their life, nationalistic people (and here I mean the underdog nazi's), more casual people, goth's for that matter. A lot of people who do have sometimes about the opposite opinion/idealogy of me. Some of them hate this country, some of them would kill for this country. Do I care? No, in the end we're just having fun. We dont have to discuss politics, religions, opinions etc on those levels anyway.

@BigJohn, Im sorry, I think something messed up in the quote then:banghead:. Ill edit it, thx for notifying. I did know I was replying to trt though but this way it seems like I wasnt;)

Your assuming a bunch of things here. I have very diverse friends, of different races, religions and backgrounds and since the USA is the only country on earth to have a citizen from every other country on earth ( that statistic occurred two years ago) it would appear we get along very well. I would have no problem voting for a black Muslim, Buddhist, atheistic, or agnostic president of any racial back ground, who is a proud of his country, and a fair , even handed, conservative politican that does not hang out with convicted terrorists , racists or criminals.

Last edited:

Polaris573

Senior Moderator
Processor LGA 775 Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard MSI P7N Diamond - 780i Chipset
Cooling Arctic Freezer
Memory 6GB G.Skill DDRII 800 4-4-3-5
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB PCI-E
Storage 1 TB Seagate 32MB Cache, 250 GB Seagate 16MB Cache
Display(s) Acer X203w
Case Coolermaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply OCZ StealthXStream 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Remain civil and refrain from personal attacks or there will be infractions.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Your responded because you felt suddenly defensive and insecure. You felt defensive and insecure because you realize this is the internet and any "evidence" you give in the form of who you are or what you do is completely useless.

I could tell you I'm the bloody King of Spain, and without independently knowing the King of Spain, you have no way of knowing if it's true or not.

I'm sure you could be a great police officer who's department was on the cover of Life Magazine. Or you could be unemployed and stamp envelopes for a living. Who knows?

And my post was full of facts -- facts that you chose not to respond to. ;)

thats funny because I'm hard pressed to find any.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro

And I quote:

And regardless of whatever the King tells the outside world he's doing to fight terrorism, the bloody Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (Saudi Arabia) (lets call them the militant arm of Wahhabism) is still alive and well and government controlled.
The Saudi government supports Wahhabism. Wahhabism spawns terrorism. The King of Saudi Arabia is the head of the government (and the direct head of the Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (Saudi Arabia)). Thus, to me, the King is a terrorist.

Please respond.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols

trt you're wasting your breath here, it seems that most of tpu wants obama to win, whether the americans on here see why so many outsiders are so interested in a presidential candidate or not; you're arguing with young unexpereinced and unknowing people who can merely browse the internet instead of going back into history looking for how our government operates, how it should operate and how it has operated in the past. you cannot make the blind, see; the deaf, hear; or the mute, speak.

the majority of those posting on here cannot vote as such they have no real investemnt in our country and therby MUST have an alterior motive. I encourage the Americans on this forums to really think about that. These are scary times and I worry what the rest of the world will do when they sense our weakness, they seem to be frothing at the mouth already.

My time on this forum has shown me what a waste of time it is, and recent developments have seemed to ake me choose between adulthood and responsibility or old habits that die hard. I have made my choice. and I pray that all those voting in the election make their own, not because of media influences (who have their own motives) not because their freinds views, nor their parents nor their teachers. But logical thought and reason. The world does not operate by the whim of a teen on a computer and I pray most of you realize that.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
trt you're wasting your breath here, it seems that most of tpu wants obama to win, whether the americans on here see why so many outsiders are so interested in a presidential candidate or not; you're arguing with young unexpereinced and unknowing people who can merely browse the internet instead of going back into history looking for how our government operates, how it should operate and how it has operated in the past.

Oh, of course,it's the Obama fans on here who are unable to look back in history...

Unlike people like yourself who are unable to look at the past 8 years and see what a disastrous Republican administration has done to destroy your own country. :shadedshu

People don't even necessarily believe Obama will fix everything -- it's just that Republicans have run the US so horribly that people are willing to vote for anybody who's different.

(And no matter how many times McCain calls himself a "maverick," he's not fooling anybody.)

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
I addressed that and there is some merit it what your saying but that is to complexed a topic to discuss here and bears zero relevance to this topic. read my post.

Yogurt point noted and you are very correct I'm done posting on this thread.

Here is is Obama meeting with ex terrorist head of Fatah / PLO and current president of Palestine leader Mahmoud Abbas and just because he met with him I could makes several assumption but I won't since I realize how ridiculous that would be. Since hes doesn't contribute to Obamas campaign and his kids don't go to school with Obamas kids and they don't socialize on the weekends as William Ayes does with Obama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ayers

Last edited:
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Here is is Obama meeting with ex terrorist head of Fatah / PLO and current president of Palestine leader Mahmoud Abbas and just because he met with him I could makes several assumption but I won't since I realize how ridiculous that would be. Since hes doesn't contribute to Obamas campaign and his kids don't go to school with Obamas kids and they don't socialize on the weekends as William Ayes does with Obama.

It's good that you don't make those assumptions, because I wouldn't think that Mahmoud Abbas is a bad guy -- for instance, here's Bush meeting with him:

SOURCE

And even John McCain said he's a great guy:

McCain did not meet with Abbas during his two-day visit, but said he spoke to the Palestinian leader by telephone. McCain said the Palestinian leader is committed to reaching a peace deal with Israel, though he questioned whether a target of an agreement this year is realistic.

"I hope that he can deliver. I think he is sincere," McCain said. "I think the Palestinian people desire peace. I believe they deserve peace, and I think President Abbas is capable of conducting those negotiations."
SOURCE

And seriously -- what the hell is it with Bush and holding hands with these guys?

And please, give some evidence of "Obama socializing with William Ayers on the weekends," because frankly that sounds like a lot of crap.

Attachments

• bush-abbas.jpg
    bush-abbas.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 437
  • GeorgeBushMahmoudAbbasHoldingHands.jpg
    GeorgeBushMahmoudAbbasHoldingHands.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 463
System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
[And please, give some evidence of "Obama socializing with William Ayers on the weekends," because frankly that sounds like a lot of crap.[/QUOTE]

once again id G.W running for president again and if not what is the relevance of these photos to this topic? As far as I know Mccain and Obama are running and neither is a big G.W fan. Also there are tons of listing show Ayres connection to Obama and it will be mentioned tonight in the debate as it already has been by Palin. No matter what evidence posted your not going to accept it anyways.

Processor q6700 @ 3.2ghz
Motherboard Asus p5w DH Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Andy Samurai, 4x80mm silenx, 2x120mm silenx fans
Memory 2x2gb G.Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) xfx black edition 6870
Storage 250gb seagate sata, 2x250gb seagate perp (raid0)
Display(s) dell 24"
Case Coolermaster atc s4000 sx-1
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy2 Platinum
Power Supply Antec True Power Trio 650w
Software winXP pro x64
Since hes doesn't contribute to Obamas campaign and his kids don't go to school with Obamas kids and they don't socialize on the weekends as William Ayes does with Obama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ayers
Come on man, first Fox News is your source of "information" and now Wikipedia? Even elementary school kids know that Wikipedia is not a valid resource for info...

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. I agree w/ Obama's claim to meet w/ "enemies" as it is the only way peace will be attained. Closing communications and attempting to be heavy handed will only further encourage dissent and spawn ill-will toward the nation.

You can attempt to look at things as black and white and say this man's a terrorist this man isn't but it's just not that simple. Politics, money, it's a dirty game in which no head of our nation or others is clean from. Some have called our own presidents terrorists, and in some cases rightly so. Granted a distinction from appropriate action towards peace and collaborating with those who would never have it must be made, but it's foolish to think either candidate is clean of less than desirable contacts. Wasn't it Ragen who gave weapons to Bin Laden? If your wanting somebody who never associated w/ someone who could be called a terrorist in some sense, you'll be waiting for quite a while......

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Come on man, first Fox News is your source of "information" and now Wikipedia? Even elementary school kids know that Wikipedia is not a valid resource for info...

Nothing there is wrong look it up. Ayres went to prison for it WTF.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
once again id G.W running for president again and if not what is the relevance of these photos to this topic? As far as I know Mccain and Obama are running and neither is a big G.W fan.
You've said like three times now that you're not going to post anymore in this thread. :D

GW is the current Republican president. John McCain is running on the Republican ticket. The two are very connected:

Trying to talk about the current election without mentioning the current President (our buddy George Bush) is like sticking your head in the sand -- especially when one candidate is from the same party.

But go ahead -- tell me how John McCain's "different." Tell me how much of a "maverick" he is. :laugh:

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60

Wikipedia has actually been found to be very accurate, in some cases more so than Encyclopedia Britanica. Although in political areas neutrality is a misnomer.

Processor q6700 @ 3.2ghz
Motherboard Asus p5w DH Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Andy Samurai, 4x80mm silenx, 2x120mm silenx fans
Memory 2x2gb G.Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) xfx black edition 6870
Storage 250gb seagate sata, 2x250gb seagate perp (raid0)
Display(s) dell 24"
Case Coolermaster atc s4000 sx-1
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy2 Platinum
Power Supply Antec True Power Trio 650w
Software winXP pro x64
Nothing there is wrong look it up. Ayres went to prison for it WTF.

It's wrong when you say they "socialize on weekends," when the link you provide clearly states they haven't had any political contact since 2001.

Now he's a widely respected and published Professor. What is your point? That Obama is a terrorist because he was involved in community and educational programs with a former radical who is now a distinguished professor? WTF?

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Wikipedia has actually been found to be very accurate, in some cases more so than Encyclopedia Britanica. Although in political areas neutrality is a misnomer.

It's a good "starting" point, at least -- when you read something on Wikipedia, search the web for other information regarding the same topic, and if you find tons of legitimate links, usually you can depend on that information.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
You've said like three times now that you're not going to post anymore in this thread. :D

GW is the current Republican president. John McCain is running on the Republican ticket. The two are very connected:

Trying to talk about the current election without mentioning the current President (our buddy George Bush) is like sticking your head in the sand -- especially when one candidate is from the same party.

But go ahead -- tell me how John McCain's "different." Tell me how much of a "maverick" he is. :laugh:

The two aren't friends and it has been reported widely that John Mccain didn't vote for him(Mccain says he did) Mccain has widelly criticized Bush aswell. Why are you attempting to bait me please stop I will not bit. This flame baiting is getting hard to accept.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
It's a good "starting" point, at least -- when you read something on Wikipedia, search the web for other information regarding the same topic, and if you find tons of legitimate links, usually you can depend on that information.

At the bottom of most wiki pages you can find a reference list, as w/ any respectable publication, w/ links galore on where the information was compiled from. Follow those links if one doubts the articles credibility.

Rammsteiner

Processor AMD Phenom X4 9850BE (DENEB, where art thou!?)
Motherboard DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R (waiting on 790FX/SB750)
Cooling TRUE
Memory 4x 1GB Transcend AxeRAM DDR1066 'D9GMH'
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 4870X2
Storage 2x WD 74GB Raptor + 3Ware 9650SE @ RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 245B
Case Silverstone TJ-10
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
Power Supply PP&C Quad Silencer 750W
Your assuming a bunch of things here. I have very diverse friends, of different races, religions and backgrounds and since the USA is the only country on earth to have a citizen from every other country on earth ( that statistic occurred two years ago) it would appear we get along very well.
And when I thought the arguments couldnt get worse...

Not all those people are welcome everywhere in the USA, especially not in the so called Land of the Free. You missed my exact same point for the countless times. Maybe you should stick to your word and not post here anymore. I mean, then you dont need to 'lower your intellectual level to us ignorant people' anymore too.

trt you're wasting your breath here, it seems that most of tpu wants obama to win, whether the americans on here see why so many outsiders are so interested in a presidential candidate or not; you're arguing with young unexpereinced and unknowing people who can merely browse the internet instead of going back into history looking for how our government operates, how it should operate and how it has operated in the past. you cannot make the blind, see; the deaf, hear; or the mute, speak.

the majority of those posting on here cannot vote as such they have no real investemnt in our country and therby MUST have an alterior motive. I encourage the Americans on this forums to really think about that. These are scary times and I worry what the rest of the world will do when they sense our weakness, they seem to be frothing at the mouth already.

My time on this forum has shown me what a waste of time it is, and recent developments have seemed to ake me choose between adulthood and responsibility or old habits that die hard. I have made my choice. and I pray that all those voting in the election make their own, not because of media influences (who have their own motives) not because their freinds views, nor their parents nor their teachers. But logical thought and reason. The world does not operate by the whim of a teen on a computer and I pray most of you realize that.
Well, besides that USA pulled the rest of the world into a hole too, be it economical, hatred or pure destruction does not matter obviously. At least Im not saying Obama is 'the president', but if there's a choice between McCain and Obama I'd know what I would vote. And tbh, I dont even think someone is going to change their mind over this topic since 4 years of Bush wasnt enough to get the majority not to vote on him again.

That praying part makes me worried btw:twitch:

Here is is Obama meeting with ex terrorist head of Fatah / PLO and current president of Palestine leader Mahmoud Abbas and just because he met with him I could makes several assumption but I won't since I realize how ridiculous that would be.
Errr, your point being? There's nothing wrong with the PLO. People fighting for their country attacking your allies does not make this particular enemy a terrorist.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
The two aren't friends and it has been reported widely that John Mccain didn't vote for him(Mccain says he did) Mccain has widelly criticized Bush aswell. Why are you attempting to bait me please stop I will not bit. This flame baiting is getting hard to accept.

"Bait" you? Buddy, I'm just presenting facts. Unless the obvious connections between the curent Republican candidate and the current Republican President are personally offensive to you -- but then again, sometimes the truth hurts.

And the two aren't friends now -- they sure as heck used to be close. Though I'm sure there distance now has more to do with Bush's 27% approval rating and less to do with any differences of ideology.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
It's wrong when you say they "socialize on weekends," when the link you provide clearly states they haven't had any political contact since 2001.

Now he's a widely respected and published Professor. What is your point? That Obama is a terrorist because he was involved in community and educational programs with a former radical who is now a distinguished professor? WTF?

Who is it that respects Bill Ayres the man is responsible for several terrorist attacks . Okay Following your logic, so you would not have a problem with John Mccain going to Timothy Mcveigh house for a campaign fund raisor, if he was still alive, and then siting on the Board of Directors at his company, then maybe a stop at David Dukes church for service.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
"Bait" you? Buddy, I'm just presenting facts. Unless the obvious connections between the curent Republican candidate and the current Republican President are personally offensive to you -- but then again, sometimes the truth hurts.

And the two aren't friends now -- they sure as heck used to be close. Though I'm sure there distance now has more to do with Bush's 27% approval rating and less to do with any differences of ideology.

thx buddy and yes you are attempting to bait me, buddy, they have never been friends and Mccain ihas been accused by many as being a Democrat because of all his bypartisan laws and bills hes passed with senator like Teddy Kennedy and Diane Finegold. Hes actually very moderate and as close to a conservative Democrat as possible.

Last edited:
System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
thx buddy and yes you are attempting to bait me. buddy

If I'm baiting you then you're hooked good and tight, like a big ol' Alabama catfish. :laugh:

I call you "buddy" because I consider you my friend, regardless of our obvious political differences, because we all share a common love of computer hardware.

What, you don't want to be friends? :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.