1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why can't i set XP to hibernate after reinstall?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by KBD, Jun 23, 2007.

1. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just done a fresh reinstall of XP Pro, haven't downloaded any drivers or windows updates yet but i am noticing something weird. I cant set my PC to hybernate or standby in Power Options, furthermore the whole Power Options has different menus: it has Power Schemes, Alarms and Advanced and its supposed to have Hybernate and UPS menus and no alarms, what is going on here?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well do the updates and driver installs, get those out of the way then start tuning XP. I never used hibernate, but I would assume there's an update or something in SP2 (if you didn't install a version of XP SP2 initially) that changes power settings.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh, i see, i think my version of XP already comes with SP2, let me try to do those things first and see what happens. Thanx!

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    N/P, I think once you get the updates done you'll find what you're looking for. If I remember, which at this point it's been more than two minutes...so this is really straining (LoL!), there have been updates for windows power modes, etc. I hope that fixes your problems, and do keep us posted!

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thnx Kurash!

10 Year Member at TPU