1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why can't i set XP to hibernate after reinstall?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by KBD, Jun 23, 2007.

1. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just done a fresh reinstall of XP Pro, haven't downloaded any drivers or windows updates yet but i am noticing something weird. I cant set my PC to hybernate or standby in Power Options, furthermore the whole Power Options has different menus: it has Power Schemes, Alarms and Advanced and its supposed to have Hybernate and UPS menus and no alarms, what is going on here?

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well do the updates and driver installs, get those out of the way then start tuning XP. I never used hibernate, but I would assume there's an update or something in SP2 (if you didn't install a version of XP SP2 initially) that changes power settings.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh, i see, i think my version of XP already comes with SP2, let me try to do those things first and see what happens. Thanx!

4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    N/P, I think once you get the updates done you'll find what you're looking for. If I remember, which at this point it's been more than two minutes...so this is really straining (LoL!), there have been updates for windows power modes, etc. I hope that fixes your problems, and do keep us posted!

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thnx Kurash!