• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why I don't buy from Newegg anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given recent history ... I'm surprised EVGA cards are being purchased w/o in depth reviews

970 SC - 1/3 heat sink missed GPU
1060 - 1080 - Shipped w/o thermal pads, pyrotechnoics, recall ensued
2xxx - using non "A" series GPUs

I do see a lot of 3rd party sellers on newegg ... not a smany as amazon... but I have never not been able to buy a desired product from newegg. I never buy any 1st stepping products .... don't start shopping until news breaks on issues like the above.

Since Tom's (and Anandtech) was purchased by product placement company (Purch) ... I wouldn't bother looking there anymore. Im saddened to live in a day where this kinda activity takes place... Tucker Carlson had a libel / slander lawsuit dismissed this week because because in the judges words, his repuations is such that reasonable people don't believe anything he says.

Newgg has has oveseas ties since it's founding. It was founded by Fred Chaing. a U.S. immigrant from Taiwan, He stepped down oin 2008, remaining head of Chinese operations and then became CEO again in 2010. In 2016, Liaison Interactive, a Chinese technology company, acquired a majority stake in Newegg in an investment deal .
He was an immigrant from China. But it was a US company with its headquarters and management in California.
Do yaw think some of the prices today, some of the online stores might be price gouging? I really haven't shopped "online" for any PC parts this year, other than a couple things on eBay, so I really haven't keep up with the prices.
Like the guy said it is 3rd party sellers on the Amazon Marketplace or Newegg storefront who work out of their basements.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
If I base life decisions on moving to a city to start over on two things: Micro Center and access to fiber optic internet, is that shallow of me? :roll: :rockout::rockout::rockout::rockout:
I mean, I could do that. Move closer to Boston, then I get Fiber and a Microcenter in Cambridge. The problem with that is I'd probably be spending twice as much on internet, twice as much on rent, and I'd be giving a whole boatload of my income to the state of Massachusetts as income tax (NH and Texas [location of my employer], have no income tax.) For all that money after a couple months, I could probably build a high end gaming machine. I'd be down an easy $1,000 to $2,000 a month if I did that. In that context, 220Mbit and having to drive at least an hour to get to Microcenter seems worth it.

On a side note, I do think that Comcast fiber is an option in my area, but it comes with a long term contract and costs something like $300/mo for just internet alone.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
I get the funny looks when I wave my wrist over the contactless eftpos machine in stores.
My chip is in a wristband I wear, some people even have them in a ring on their finger.

Here in America you'd probably get some kind of "Mark of the Beast" commentary.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
Newegg hasn't quite hit Amazon levels of promotion and false advertising, but I avoid both now if possible. Has nothing to do with their false advertising promotions, at least not directly. Amazon as an aggregator for other resellers can no longer filter out scammers effectively, and in fact promotes it as a significant portion of search results don't meet search critiera - they show up because they are sponsored / promoted. I pull up laptops on amazon and it gives me results for "newest model" lattitude running an i5-7300U and so on. I would bet 10% of what's on Amazon is illegal copyright / patent infringing knockoffs.

Newegg isn't quite *that* bad but they are following the same model. 1/2 of what's on Newegg isn't from Newegg at all, and the deceptive descriptions, price gouging for the unwary, and dubious veracity of the brands abound.

So yes there is still a place for businesses like Microcenter, who sell their wares themselves and provide good customer service.

It's too bad Best Buy hybridized themselves on that front, they don't have much for sale in this space but after reading about people getting 'used' and 'fake' CPUs from Newegg and Amazon I bought my i5-10400 from Best Buy - @ the same price as Newegg at the time.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I mean, I could do that. Move closer to Boston, then I get Fiber and a Microcenter in Cambridge. The problem with that is I'd probably be spending twice as much on internet, twice as much on rent, and I'd be giving a whole boatload of my income to the state of Massachusetts as income tax (NH and Texas [location of my employer], have no income tax.) For all that money after a couple months, I could probably build a high end gaming machine. I'd be down an easy $1,000 to $2,000 a month if I did that. In that context, 220Mbit and having to drive at least an hour to get to Microcenter seems worth it.

On a side note, I do think that Comcast fiber is an option in my area, but it comes with a long term contract and costs something like $300/mo for just internet alone.

that is really cool you have such a far away employer. i have been trying to find a remote job last few months with no luck. even when i find a decent remote job i qualify for it says "you must live within reasonable distance of our location" so yeah... im still screwed. covid changed nothing.

System Name Harm's Rig's
Processor 5950X /2700x / AMD 8370e 4500
Motherboard ASUS DARK HERO / ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III ARGB 360 AIO/ Zalman cooler fan 110mm
Memory Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (4x 8GB) 4000M TRIDENT Z F-43600V15D-16GTZ /G.SKILL DDR4
Video Card(s) ZOTAC AMP EXTREME AIRO 4090 / 1080 Ti /290X CFX
Storage SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB/ WD DARK 770 2TB , Sabrent NVMe 512GB / 1 SSD 250GB / 1 HHD 3 TB
Display(s) Thermal Grizzly WireView / TCL 646 55 TV / 50 Xfinity Hisense A6 XUMO TV
Case TT 37 VIEW 200MM'S/ NZXT Tempest custom
Audio Device(s) Sharp Aquos
Power Supply FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1200W ATX 3.0 PCI-E GEN-5 80 Plus Platinum - EVGA 1300G2/Corsair w750
Mouse G502
Keyboard G413
In Houston Tx, we have it all, or i have it all.

System Name Alienware PC
Processor Intel 4790K
Motherboard ASROCK Z97 EXTREME4
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
Storage SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
Display(s) SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD
Case Alienware Area 51 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Realtek On Board
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt
Mouse Microsoft Wireless
Keyboard HyperX - Alloy Elite 2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
Software Windows 10 Pro & LTSB & LTSC Windows 11 Pro
In Houston Tx, we have it all, or i have it all.
Howdy neighbor! I'm out by the Horse Race Track on an acre of private property, 1 neighbor, the best of both worlds. :D

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
that is really cool you have such a far away employer. i have been trying to find a remote job last few months with no luck. even when i find a decent remote job i qualify for it says "you must live within reasonable distance of our location" so yeah... im still screwed. covid changed nothing.
That's what happens when you have skills with something where talent isn't all in the same place. Even if I got this job during a time without COVID, I'd probably still be a remote worker. I'm 100% remote because of my skills, not so much because of COVID.

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum

Remote isn't all it's cracked up to be. Very easy to get distracted and very easy to blur the line of work and home.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Please get back to the topic.

System Name NekroLogos
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard AsRock x570m Pro4
Cooling GPU: ALSEYE 3x| CASE: CoolMoon LED MultiFx w Remote | XAUST: Noctua | POINT: Antec 5K RPM
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz (XMP2)
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming-X Trio RTX 2080 8Gb
Storage PNY Gen4 NVMe | M2 Corsair Force Gen3 NVMe | Samsung Evo SSD | WD- VeloRaptor & Black HDDs
Display(s) TCL 32 inch Monitor
Case Musetex White DIY Micro/Mini
Audio Device(s) Nvidia/RealTek HD w/ BlackWeb BT Speakers
Power Supply Gigabyte P650B
Mouse 'WISH' Style Gaming Mouse (China P.O.S.)
Keyboard Some Dragon logo Mechanical (China P.O.S.)
Software Windows10, Blender, 3DC
Benchmark Scores UserBenchmark: Game 127% Desk 94% Work 124% This PC is performing above expectations (61nd percent)
I would never shop newegg.com again. They run false sales, say they are 'newegg sales', when really they are manufacturer sales. They are scalpers and gouge on the prices just like the individuals do on Amazon when stock is low. I have done 1 return with them for almost 400$ worth of un-opened items and they are asking for a month to give me my money back now. I have never experienced any return in my life that it would take 1 month for the retailer to open the box, see their brand new items in it, and issue a refund. They will never make it. I should have taken the advice online of people who have been scammed by them, (box-less items, stolen credit card numbers, defective items, etc...) but i always WANT to try to give the 'lil guy' a chance before spending w/ big giants like amazon. However, Newegg.com have proven themselves to be complete frauds in my opinion and i really doubt i will ever see that money. Contacting customer support is a joke. I feel sorry for the chat operators, as they have to be getting bombed with complaints of terrible packaging, selling items that are clearly used as 'new', and just doing all they can to NOT WORK or give people the items paid for/process a simple return.
It is like they are probably a couple of guys who go raid amazon trash cans at the distribution center, try to repair what they can, and clean the rest, hoping for people to not complain of damaged, scratched up items and hope they will forget about orders & returns eventually. It's really sad when a smaller retailer does this cause it kills it for the other smaller guys who i would like to offer support to, but after the couple of newegg terror experiences, I think I'll stick with amazon, regardless of how much i would like to try other smaller independent guys... I just do not have the money to 'donate' to their trash-can-turn-around business that i honestly think are amazon distribution center garbage items.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
After this last experience dealing with Newegg, I'm pretty sure I'll only buy from them if I can't find a particular item anywhere else. Spent damn near a month trying to get a refund on a Z490 board I bought from them, only to have them reject my refund on account of bent pins on the motherboard socket...even though I'm fairly certain I attempted to be as careful as possible when installing the CPU, putting the plastic cover back on the correct way (I figured that out the hard way with a prior board...), etc.. Not to mention, when I first got the board, the box was pretty thrashed, had rips in different places. And when I finally got the dead board back a few days ago, it was missing the other pair of 2 in 1 SATA cables, yet I distinctly remember packing EVERYTHING back in their respective bags. The empty plastic bag for the missing SATA cables was even in the box still, FFS!

System Name New compy
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MPG x570S EDGE MAX WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S w. FHP141 + Xigmatek AOS XAF-F1451
Memory 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V Samsung B-Die Dual Rank F4-4000C16D-32GVKA
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 4070ti
Storage 17tb (8+4tb WD Black HDD's, 2+2+0.5+0.5tb M.2 SSD Drives) + 16tb WD Red Pro backup drive
Display(s) Alienware AW2518H 24" 240hz, Sony X85K 43" 4k 120hz HDR TV
Case Thermaltake Core v71
Audio Device(s) iFi Nano Idsd Le, Creative T20 + T50, Sennheiser HD6Mix
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero custom w. G900 scroll wheel mod, Rival 3 + Rival 3 wireless, JLab Epic Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB + K70 RGB + K57 RGB Wireless + Logitech G613
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/s2y7ny
I haven't had any issues and been dealing with them for years, only parts I ever had to return were a mobo that was quickly replaced and 2 gpu's that were rma'd to manufacturer and took less than 2 weeks to replace. They have good deals, but have merged their site with others (like bestbuy marketplace and others before them) so when buying items I look to make sure they're in stock in my country and coming from newegg and not one of the random chinese distributors. Always ships super fast, Purolator in my area, always in good condition, the latest was 4 parts, all arrived together 3 days after ordering, they were delayed 1 day due to snowstorm.

They have good sales, and they're always having sales. Their in house manufacturer is Rosewill and like most they're ok for some stuff but meh for others. Using the latest computer case I bought from them as an example barely fit the mobo, had to take the foam off the back of the metal plate that fits in the back of the case to get the holes to line up, putting the posts in the holes was a nightmare because they painted the case after threading the holes so 3 out of 9 went in easily by hand, the other 6 had to be persuaded with pliers, some all the damn way in like they were cross threading (they weren't).

I would actually recommend them if u live in Canada, I hear horror stories about American mail delivery like drivers taking their trucks full fo mail into the woods and dumping the mail out in the middle of nowhere rather than go through the work of delivering it, which is their only job, and package thieves making off with random boxes delivered on peoples porches doesn't help (if you are skilled you can fight this kind of crime by leaving a box gift wrapped on your porch filled with a small amount of whatever explosive, I hear a small amount of black powder like a big firecracker works well, covered in feces of your choice, animal or human droppings triggered to the boxes lid opening, place a camera nearby and test your kaboom boom beforehand, you don't want to kill the thief, just cover their face and hopefully their mouth in dog shit, don't perform test with shit, use a shit substitute, trust me).

Last edited:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750w G+, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I just built a PC from Newegg.ca and I had a good experience. Shipping was a tad slow even though I paid for fast shipping.. but it was Christmas mixed with Malware.. I too have read of terrible Newegg experiences south of the border.. my condolences truly. And it was cheaper than Amazon.. but Amazon has amazing shipping. They are probably psychopaths on the road poppin bennies and shit.

awev

I use PC Part Picker to help find the best price and who has it in stock. After reading this I thread I may just concentrate on places like Micro Center and ProVantage for my computer related purchases.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
I've never had issues with newegg
I've read some issues and at least one about them sending damaged socket pins on a mother board

I did buy my z490 apex from them and it was luckily a asus factory sealed box nice of asus to start doing this long overdue :rockout:
Mostly before I've only bought memory from them if sold and shipped by egg.
Bought a few other items from the egg too just small potato stuff no issues.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I would never shop newegg.com again. They run false sales, say they are 'newegg sales', when really they are manufacturer sales.
:( Then you should never buy any product from any retailer ever again! Seriously!

Local car dealers do this all the time, claiming they are having a sale or rebate when the reality is, it is the car maker providing the discount or rebate. Grocery stores claim they have discounted all flavors of Cheerios when in reality, General Mills is providing the discount. Foot Locker selling all New Balance shoes at a discount surely is not providing the reduced prices out of their own profits. Best Buy having a sale on all LG refrigerators is NOT Best Buy giving us consumers the discount.

System Name "The black one in the dining room" / "The Latest One"
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 16c/32t / i7 14700K @5.8GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe / ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/4 Silverstone FM121 fans / Arctic LF II 280 w Silverstone FHP141's
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 (8x8) / 96GB G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 1080 Ti FTW3 / Asus Tuff OC 4090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Samsung 860, 4 Western Digital 2TB / 1tb, SK hynix P41 Platinum 2tb
Display(s) 43" Samsung 8000 series 4K / 50" Vizio M-series 4K
Case Modded Corsair Carbide 500R / Modded Corsair Graphite 780 T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II/ Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i / Seasonic Prime GX-1300
Mouse Logitech Performance MX, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Keyboard Logitech K750 Solar, DiNovo Edge
Software Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 IoT / Win 11 Pro for Workstations 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=202122048229
package thieves making off with random boxes delivered on peoples porches doesn't help (if you are skilled you can fight this kind of crime by leaving a box gift wrapped on your porch filled with a small amount of whatever explosive, I hear a small amount of black powder like a big firecracker works well, covered in feces of your choice, animal or human droppings triggered to the boxes lid opening, place a camera nearby and test your kaboom boom beforehand, you don't want to kill the thief, just cover their face and hopefully their mouth in dog shit, don't perform test with shit, use a shit substitute, trust me).
Where I live getting caught stealing things off porches can end up with the would-be thief getting shot.

System Name Alienware PC
Processor Intel 4790K
Motherboard ASROCK Z97 EXTREME4
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 7770 2GB GDDR5
Storage SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
Display(s) SAMSUNG UE57 Series 28-Inch 4K UHD
Case Alienware Area 51 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Realtek On Board
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt
Mouse Microsoft Wireless
Keyboard HyperX - Alloy Elite 2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
Software Windows 10 Pro & LTSB & LTSC Windows 11 Pro
Where I live getting caught stealing things off porches can end up with the would-be thief getting shot.
Where I live, you could get a case of lead poisoning. :eek:

System Name "The black one in the dining room" / "The Latest One"
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2683 V4 16c/32t / i7 14700K @5.8GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe / ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 w/4 Silverstone FM121 fans / Arctic LF II 280 w Silverstone FHP141's
Memory 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 (8x8) / 96GB G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 1080 Ti FTW3 / Asus Tuff OC 4090 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 1TB Samsung 860, 4 Western Digital 2TB / 1tb, SK hynix P41 Platinum 2tb
Display(s) 43" Samsung 8000 series 4K / 50" Vizio M-series 4K
Case Modded Corsair Carbide 500R / Modded Corsair Graphite 780 T
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX II/ Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i / Seasonic Prime GX-1300
Mouse Logitech Performance MX, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0
Keyboard Logitech K750 Solar, DiNovo Edge
Software Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 IoT / Win 11 Pro for Workstations 22H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V11/display.php?id=202122048229
Mr. Ruger convinced a would-be package thief he was at the wrong house last summer here. He was trying to steal a 96 pound subwoofer off my front porch that FedEx had just delivered. I'd just gotten the delivery notice in a text then heard a crash on the porch. The idiot tried picking it up and his hand went through the box. He dropped the box because it was a lot heavier than he suspected. I came out the front door with Mr. Ruger, he ran back to his truck and nearly hit another vehicle head-on as he flipped a u-turn in front of my house and took off as fast as his truck would go. I suspect he had been following the FedEx truck stealing packages.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I won't bother with Newegg again until they get rid of 3rd party sellers. Besides, anything worth buying there is already bought out by 3rd party sellers/scalpers. Actually I probably won't bother with Newegg again as there's just plenty of other options nowdays. Past couple of years I've checked there for things I need, but wound up buying elsewhere anyways.

System Name NekroLogos
Processor Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard AsRock x570m Pro4
Cooling GPU: ALSEYE 3x| CASE: CoolMoon LED MultiFx w Remote | XAUST: Noctua | POINT: Antec 5K RPM
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz (XMP2)
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming-X Trio RTX 2080 8Gb
Storage PNY Gen4 NVMe | M2 Corsair Force Gen3 NVMe | Samsung Evo SSD | WD- VeloRaptor & Black HDDs
Display(s) TCL 32 inch Monitor
Case Musetex White DIY Micro/Mini
Audio Device(s) Nvidia/RealTek HD w/ BlackWeb BT Speakers
Power Supply Gigabyte P650B
Mouse 'WISH' Style Gaming Mouse (China P.O.S.)
Keyboard Some Dragon logo Mechanical (China P.O.S.)
Software Windows10, Blender, 3DC
Benchmark Scores UserBenchmark: Game 127% Desk 94% Work 124% This PC is performing above expectations (61nd percent)
Then you should never buy any product from any retailer ever again! Seriously!

It is not the fact that i would not buy an item that was a sale initiated by a manufacturer, it is the false presentation/pitch that a re-seller makes to indicate it is an exclusive type offer from them (the retailer).
It is the old 'used car-salesmen' mentality, and yes, i am familiar with it... Many women can do it for years in order to get a husband (unfortunately). LOL!
I know it is a part of 'retail', & it was my fault of impulse buying thinking 'Sale ending in 5 minutes!' as actual truth, when it was actually not, and item remained on sale there, as well as every place selling the item that I later found when doing better research. One item even went down in selling price a few moments after sale. Just a couple $, so no biggie.
I once worked at a car lot. I lasted only about 3 months. I was let go because owner said 'you are just too honest to people' and you 'can't be like that here. It's not your job. Your job is to SELL'. And I can respect that, but I still find it a shame that it is just expected nowadays that people will break any value or virtue in trade for money. But it seems to be the way of the world, and I doubt I can change that. But honesty is a nice breath of clean air at times, and becoming harder and harder to find. But i suppose entire incident could have been avoided if I had not bought on impulse & done more research before buying.
However, It is still no excuse to make someone wait over month for a refund on un-opened items that we returned next-day.

System Name New compy
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MPG x570S EDGE MAX WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S w. FHP141 + Xigmatek AOS XAF-F1451
Memory 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V Samsung B-Die Dual Rank F4-4000C16D-32GVKA
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 4070ti
Storage 17tb (8+4tb WD Black HDD's, 2+2+0.5+0.5tb M.2 SSD Drives) + 16tb WD Red Pro backup drive
Display(s) Alienware AW2518H 24" 240hz, Sony X85K 43" 4k 120hz HDR TV
Case Thermaltake Core v71
Audio Device(s) iFi Nano Idsd Le, Creative T20 + T50, Sennheiser HD6Mix
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero custom w. G900 scroll wheel mod, Rival 3 + Rival 3 wireless, JLab Epic Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB + K70 RGB + K57 RGB Wireless + Logitech G613
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/s2y7ny

I hear you, but these thefts usually happen in broad daylight when the homeowner is away. It all depends on where you live how far you can go with a boobytrap, another way to fuck with thieves is leaving a gift on your porch wrapped in metal foil and connected via a wire to your homes live electrical (usually the smaller slot in your standard outlet) and give the thief a good zap, skunk juice and compressed air, box full of angry hornets, a combination of hornets and exploding dog shit, glitter bombs, if you have a good imagination and some free time and are in an area prone to thieves fucking with your shit I say fuck back.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
I won't bother with Newegg again until they get rid of 3rd party sellers. Besides, anything worth buying there is already bought out by 3rd party sellers/scalpers. Actually I probably won't bother with Newegg again as there's just plenty of other options nowdays. Past couple of years I've checked there for things I need, but wound up buying elsewhere anyways.
So where do you shop then? if your gonna bash them you have to give an option to replace them...........

Status
Not open for further replies.