1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why I hate Far Cry 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by HolyCow02, Feb 5, 2009.

1. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So I am very far in the game, 96% complete to be exact. I am on my way to the last two objectives, stop in the save point inbetween the two. Walk inside, grab some ammo, go over to save... and when I hit enter, the watch doesn't come up. So I walk to the door. Door won't open. I save the game and exit, thinking it just needs to be restarted. Reload the game, no buttons work, other than movement. Can't open cases, doors, nothing.

I even restarted steam and tried again. Zippo!! I am officially STUCK IN A DAMN BUILDING WITH 4% LEFT OF THE F'ING GAME! WWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Who want's to tell me what happens? Next closest save game is... oh at 16%...:cry::cry::cry:

2. ap4lifetn

Thanks Received:
    it just wasn't meant to be, if it makes you feel better, i stopped playing the game after the 2nd mission

3. wolf2009 Guest

lol that sucks big time, I'm still on 68%

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. lucasweir

lucasweir

Thanks Received:
    i made it to like 18% ha

5. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Dude I have had so many problems with steam, welcome to the club. I lost all my games on steam and all my rank in cod awhile back I feel your pain man.

6. Wingo101

Wingo101

Thanks Received:
    I stopped @ 28%, but I might be starting again soon. There's just been too many good games after Far Cry 2. Lol

Why don't you check if you can download a Save File from somewhere?

HolyCow02 says thanks.
  7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Word of advice: When saving, don't overwrite. If something goes wrong, you can load a save as far back as you need to go. At bare minimum, swap between two saves so if something goes wrong on one, you can fall back to the other. I recommend no less than three, however.

I have 75 saves in The Witcher (one play through) and 568 saves in Oblivion (not quite done yet). It takes much less time to delete a bunch of no longer needed saves than to restart the game from the beginning.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    yes the game really is that bad, i dont know why they made it so deliberatly average
    its a 70% at the most with flashy graphics

i just quit after being told to scout some place, i hated the feel of it everything was boring

i couldnt get into it and a game is supposed to get you into it right away to make you want to play it

i feel bad for you getting stuck but you should try a save file from the internet nad then backup regular have a few saves or try an autosave

9. kyle2020 Guest

I played for like 2 hours and havent done since. Really not as good as I thought it would be.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    I like the Flame thrower. Then again, thats all I like about it.

11. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    At first I couldn't get into it because of the skewed FOV when in widescreen, it gave me really bad headaches.

Then once I'd fixed that and actually started playing I got pissed off with the constant crashing when you're nowhere near a save point "Go to point X" *45 minutes later* "Save point, yey" *crash* *game goes in bin*

12. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    F5 ;)

13. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm only about 35% in. Lol.

14. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    And what`s the bad news ? Well..the end`s pretty lame too ! You get the two different options to end the game but the endings are pretty similar..like in bioshock. The game leaves it open whether the player or the jackal will be back later or w/e

15. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I know your pain. Grand Tourismo 2 for PS2 did the same thing to me. While GT2 wasnt even comparable to the story in FC2 it was still annoying. I know you wanted to see the game end but it might just not be in the cards.

You should just assume you completed it and watch an ending spoiler on Youtube. :ohwell:

16. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bad news dude. I heard that a lot of people had issues with the game also. Never heard this one though.

17. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The honest to god only reason I kept playing was because driving around in the truck with the grenade launcher on top was awsome... as was the 50 caliber sniper rifle. I just loved f'ing people up with it. I might just have to watch the end on youtube. Where can I get a saved file on the web? I didn't even know you could do that

P.S. - Thanks for all the condolences :toast:

18. HolyCow02

HolyCow02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah ha! I found a 96% save game. Gonna dl it when I get home! Thanks guys!

THe only problem is I hope this guy has all the good guns and upgrades and stuff... :ohwell:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009