• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why would my junction temp be showing up in the AMD software at 900+c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
The seller forward me the receipt, so tomorrow I will be calling them to see if I can get it sent in for a rma. If for what ever reason I cannot, since the little sticker has been broken on the screw when he removed it before I got it to put some different paste on the gpu. but the laws have been changed where those stickers dont mean really jack no more, so they shouldnt give me any grief on that issue at all. If so I will forward them the google link showing that the ftc has made it where they can no longer void the warranty if that sticker has been removed or broken anymore. So with fingers crossed, when I call them, I can get it sent in for the rma, and wait several weeks for the turn around on a repair or replacement, at which point Ill be a happy camper again.

Are you in the US? If you are and they are, You have a Right to repair and they cannot turn you down for an RMA.

yeah, some hole in the wall called Dyer in TN. Moved here in 2005 from Chicago for I got what would of been a well over 500K home and land for only 49K when I got my settlement from my injury that made me disabled.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
yeah, some hole in the wall called Dyer in TN. Moved here in 2005 from Chicago for I got what would of been a well over 500K home and land for only 49K when I got my settlement from my injury that made me disabled.

And what about the purchase? Was the person who originally bought the card in the U.S.?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64
There is 1 last option you can try.

The member would have to be a long time member here to buy. Ebay does have moneyback guarantee if product is defective but i dont waste time on it when majority of new boards work.

Yeah, used is a crapshoot. Try the Radeon Pro drivers linked as they've been good to me. The only thing they lack is integer scaling (and who uses that right now, anyways?)

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Yeah, used is a crapshoot. Try the Radeon Pro drivers linked as they've been good to me. The only thing they lack is integer scaling (and who uses that right now, anyways?)

Direct linking to w7 and w10 files dont work so here is the link.

Just look at Radeon Pro For Enterprise

yeah he is in the us as well

Good, In the U.S. that warranty sticker is illegal under Right to Repair Clause

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
And what about the purchase? Was the person who originally bought the card in the U.S.?

If he was right-to-repair should cover him in most instances and/or states. The devil is always in the details, though. Don't get me started on the story of what John Deere gets away with firmware wise (unrelated, but seriously, firmware on a tractor to stop repairs is crazy stupid).

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
You May want to read these

If he was right-to-repair should cover him in most instances and/or states. The devil is always in the details, though. Don't get me started on the story of what John Deere gets away with firmware wise (unrelated, but seriously, firmware on a tractor to stop repairs is crazy stupid).

Oh I know they are getting flack for it

I am grateful I dealt with a outstanding seller, and has offered to give me a refund, my only problem is I cannot find another one for the $300 I spent on this one, not even close at all, and I can get a gtx 1070 for about $200 on ebay, but I had 2 of them in sli few months back, and some games it didnt work with, some games were worse using 2 of them at once. Some didnt scale right, and I got sick and tired of switch over between sli and not, and decided on finding and getting a 5700 (xt) for it is better then a single 1070. So I sold one of mine, traded my son for his 580 and gave him the other for it was better then a 580, and then got this card and sold the 580 yesterday, and decided to take my broken arm out of the sling, and though in pain, wanted to do some gaming for I was getting sick of just watching movies and tv shows only to find this out. I knew the screen saver was messing up, and thought it was just a driver issue, though sad, was just going to say f it and at least I can do some serious gaming however, but then all the rest of the crap kicked in, the green screen, the corruption, reboots, full screen to minimized screen, and other crap, having me doing troubleshooting for almost the whole day, only to conclude the card is fubar and needs to be replaced or returned :(

So with any luck when I call them tomorrow, I can sweet talk the person over the phone to let me send it in for a rma for its but 3 months old and screwing up. I totally wish it was a driver program, but after trying 3-4 different drivers, with no change between them all, some making it worse then others, its just coming down to hardware issue.

Yeah on the stickers, so they cant give me grief about it being broken for trying to see if the paste was put on wrong, or missing a pad on the mem chips or half assed, so not worried about that. More so worried that the invoice isnt in my name, and they state that they will only warranty the card to the original owner, so I may have to tell them I am and I moved :p

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Id get the money back, and save up, otherwise try the driver i posted earlier

I believe that they are the same driver for all their products, for I downloaded the driver for a 580, and it still installed the driver package for the 5700

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I believe that they are the same driver for all their products, for I downloaded the driver for a 580, and it still installed the driver package for the 5700

No no, download the Radeon Pro For Enterprise driver from the Link I gave, its a solution to most issues

Well I tried that other driver, and when it went to install the graphics driver portion, my screen went to black and never came back on, had to shut it down. I had my son look for another pcie card I thought I had, and my old hdmi to dvi adapter for the card I thought I had I knew didnt have hdmi. While looking for it he found a old card I bought that was pcie and had vga and dp, a nvidi gt 620. Hooked it up and was a no go on my tv using my dp to hdmi cable, so I stole my daughters tv out of her room and it has vga inputs so it worked using that. She will just not have a tv in her room for a little bit for I have now since given completely up on this card and wanted it out of my rig :p

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
At least you have a functioning desktop to work, browse, and maybe play 2D/2.5D or older games on.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
send it to sajs4040@gmail.com if you would, for it would be best for me to do this also so Im not out weeks without a video card to play games with, if I was able to do a rma. Also this way you can do it, get another one in a few weeks, and then resell it once again.

Remove the AMD driver fully

System Name Some computer stuff
Processor Mostly Intel or AMD
Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Storage Plenty Platters or SSDs or USBs
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Keyboard Used ps2 from garage sales
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg
send it to sajs4040@gmail.com if you would, for it would be best for me to do this also so Im not out weeks without a video card to play games with, if I was able to do a rma. Also this way you can do it, get another one in a few weeks, and then resell it once again.
Already done. Get your ref card and ship that back to me tomorrow.
Their RMA looks intimidating, but I gotta give it a shot.

System Name Some computer stuff
Processor Mostly Intel or AMD
Motherboard ATX or mATX
Cooling Bong Cooler
Memory DDR2-4
Video Card(s) A few
Storage Plenty Platters or SSDs or USBs
Display(s) Samsung 23"
Case 5 on the floor
Audio Device(s) There's one for my M7 Gene, Oh I have 3-4 PCI 5.1 ones.Sabrent! lol
Power Supply 750-1000W
Mouse cheap
Keyboard Used ps2 from garage sales
Software Yeah
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/schmuckley/#Hardware_Library http://valid.canardpc.com/rbjpbg
Good luck! If not, there's 2-4 more on auction for next day or so.

Last edited:

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is not the place to be discussing deals/sales/buying gone wrong.
Or, who rips off who and etc.
Take that stuff to PMs.

Stay on the topic of the thread.

Thank You.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Well I tried that other driver, and when it went to install the graphics driver portion, my screen went to black and never came back on, had to shut it down. I had my son look for another pcie card I thought I had, and my old hdmi to dvi adapter for the card I thought I had I knew didnt have hdmi. While looking for it he found a old card I bought that was pcie and had vga and dp, a nvidi gt 620. Hooked it up and was a no go on my tv using my dp to hdmi cable, so I stole my daughters tv out of her room and it has vga inputs so it worked using that. She will just not have a tv in her room for a little bit for I have now since given completely up on this card and wanted it out of my rig :p

Wow, if Radeon Pro won't load something is for sure up with the card.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
I am grateful I dealt with a outstanding seller, and has offered to give me a refund, my only problem is I cannot find another one for the $300 I spent on this one, not even close at all, and I can get a gtx 1070 for about $200 on ebay, but I had 2 of them in sli few months back, and some games it didnt work with, some games were worse using 2 of them at once. Some didnt scale right, and I got sick and tired of switch over between sli and not, and decided on finding and getting a 5700 (xt) for it is better then a single 1070. So I sold one of mine, traded my son for his 580 and gave him the other for it was better then a 580, and then got this card and sold the 580 yesterday, and decided to take my broken arm out of the sling, and though in pain, wanted to do some gaming for I was getting sick of just watching movies and tv shows only to find this out. I knew the screen saver was messing up, and thought it was just a driver issue, though sad, was just going to say f it and at least I can do some serious gaming however, but then all the rest of the crap kicked in, the green screen, the corruption, reboots, full screen to minimized screen, and other crap, having me doing troubleshooting for almost the whole day, only to conclude the card is fubar and needs to be replaced or returned :(

So with any luck when I call them tomorrow, I can sweet talk the person over the phone to let me send it in for a rma for its but 3 months old and screwing up. I totally wish it was a driver program, but after trying 3-4 different drivers, with no change between them all, some making it worse then others, its just coming down to hardware issue.

Yeah on the stickers, so they cant give me grief about it being broken for trying to see if the paste was put on wrong, or missing a pad on the mem chips or half assed, so not worried about that. More so worried that the invoice isnt in my name, and they state that they will only warranty the card to the original owner, so I may have to tell them I am and I moved :p

OP seems to have the answers needed to fix the issue explained in the first post.
Since this has turned off topic a few times, and people cannot help themselves from arguing and trolling....thread closed.
@funboy6942 when you sort a new GPU, feel free to start another thread, should you run into issues with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.